Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At the Gala! (CIS)

Keter

The Renegade
"Certainly," he replied, resting a hand on her wait as he continued to hold her hand. "How about you? Been a while since you danced too, no?" he asked her, beginning to take the first steps to accompany to the music.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Although her limbs ached with the effort, Feena stepped in time with her husband across the dance floor, smiling all the while.

"A true Lady never forgets," she answered, "It is in my blood, Keter Mason."

A shiver ran down her spine all of a sudden. The room felt... cold suddenly. The light itself felt a little dimmer. Her eyes scanned the ballroom, coming to rest on the newest arrival. A tall, imposing figure. The High Lord Inquisitor.
Such a pompous sounding title. Intimidating as he was, he did not scare Feena. She knew better than to fear him. Nobody could make her afraid. But if she ever was, not a soul in this Galaxy could blame her.

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
They danced, like they had danced so long before. When had that been? He no longer remembered. After the wedding surely. It did not matter. He leaned forward to whisper right into her ear. "Oh, I hope you haven't forgotten a lot of things my dear," he said softly before kissing her neck quickly before leaning back, grinning. He caught her shiver and her glancing around, and followed her gaze to some tall and dark and brooding anti-hero wannabe. He would have quirked an eyebrow if he could have, instead he just ignored the figure and finished off the dance with his wife.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
His comment was not ignored, neither was his kiss. Such a thing, surrounded on all sides by people she worked with, just felt so... dirty. She actually smiled. He had lost none of that spark inside him that she loved so much. But she? Well, she had become so dull. It was a wonder that he could still love her at all.
Together they moved across the dance floor, perfectly in sync, until the dance was over. When they parted at last, Feena looked around, searching for her daughter.

@[member="Felicity Mason"] "See? We can play, it'll be fun! Hop, hop, hop tag, and everyone thinks we're dancing. Let's … oh… oh my." The sugar-high dessert laden child stuttered to a stop. There was a wafting rush of the baser instincts of people like her. Force Sensitives, of which the room was full. At first instinct, Ginnie's eyes veered to @[member="Darth Metus"]: Perhaps there was something of which her brother would make her aware. Isley would let her know! He would … he wasn't the source.

A man walked into the Gala dressed in the blackest armour she'd ever seen. @[member="Ket Van Derveld"] fuelled the area with the wisps of his Dark and it sent Ginnie's shoulders to rise. "Woa. Isley would love to see this… come on!" The diminutive Mando hopped away and unable to find her brother immediately, what did the girl do? She rushed up to the entrance, where Ket loomed dour and suspicious. The little deaf girl trotted up to Ket and waved up at him.

"Hello! That is amazing armour! I have armour too, but it doesn't look like that." Little more than a cub, the girl's voice had the dull tone of the near-deaf. "I was going to wear my armour, but my brother Isley said it was okay if we made an exception, there's dessert are you hungry?" The Force Sensitive child wanted to feel more of him, to learn and grow but moreso @[member="Darth Metus"]' sister was being friendly to the man who had the guts to be himself.

This girl seemed to not be listening. Poor Felicity hadn't yet realized that her new playmate was actually a little hard of hearing.She would figure this out some time, but for now, she also felt the wave of fear. It hit her like a ton of bricks. Her eyes scanned the room, looking, not for the new arrival, but for her Father. If she had anything to be afraid of, Daddy would have sprung into action. Daddy would always save her. And then she found him. Dancing with Mommy like there was nothing wrong.

It didn't make her any less afraid, or any less reluctant as her new friend dragged her towards the dark armored man. He looked like he could kill her with a flick of his fingers. And while the other girl excitedly spoke to him, Felicity quietly examined him. He probably knew her mother. But Felicity wasn't like Feena. She wasn't half as radiant, or as famous. She never would be. A man like this would never even look her way for a second.

She was starting to feel thankful for being so invisible.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"] @Ket Van Derveld

The man waited, and watched, and observed. He would let the people come to him, he decided. That would go well, he smiled grimly, and sipped the ale, his dark purple eyes glaring at everyone who passed, a head above them all. He leant on the bar, and smiled shortly, before sipping once more. He mustn't get drunk here, that wouldn't be good for him. Nor would passing out, he noted, coolly observing the people on the ball-room. Perhaps he would do something else, apart from being aloof. He was never the sociable man, but these were his allies and comrades. They would teach him what he couldn't teach himself. Hopefully.

Keter

The Renegade
He stepped back from his wife reluctantly, but also sought out her daughter, going along with her new playmate to...well, someone who looked quite threatening. Still, appearances could be decieving. ANd all gathered here were mortal in then end. The blond smiled suddenly. Maybe it was time to remind everyone of that fact...The blond took his wife's hand. "There she is. Let's go meet her new friends, hmm?£ he offered, leading Feena to where their daughter was.

@[member="Felicity Mason"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Ginnie Verd"]
@Ket Van Derveld

When Zandra (finally) arrived, she was already rather tipsy. Well, who ever heard of coming to a party sober? And what a boring party it was! Somebody needed to lighten the mood! She felt like she was at a funeral!
Dressed as always like a Coruscant street walker in a white spandex dress that hung off her shoulders (because she kept slouching over and couldn't keep them up) and hardly covered enough of her backside to even qualify as a 'dress', Zandra was convinced that she was the best looking sentient there!
...Of course, she hadn't really looked in a mirror in a while and had no idea that her hair was falling out of it's updo and her lipstick was smeared. Didn't matter! She was still able to walk in her heels, and that meant she was too sober!
She was at the bar before you could say 'what is a girl like that even doing at a place like this'.

"Alright! Which one of you lucky losers is going to buy me my first drink here?"

Valarr grinned, and turned his head at the girl at his side. He was a tall man, and so stood over her. He looked down at the remnants of the alcohol in his glass, then slurped them back, smacking the flat-bottomed glass on the bar. The grin remained plastered on his face, until it became shorter, more refined.

"Your first? May as well make a start.", he started, his voice smooth whilst he looked down at her. His robes still hung loosely from his shoulders, and althought he had added a large belt around his waist, the robes still enlarged his perceived figure, making him look a larger man than he was. The coal-black hair remained lank on his head, and came to nearly shoulder height, but it was not in the way of his eyes, and his deep purple eyes were piercing to perceive. ​"Garçon! An Corellian ale for myself, and whatever this lovely lady would wish! On my behalf, I'd be a lesser man any other way." He made a motion to the bartender, indicating to him to put the charge on his tab, or whatever tab he might accumulate at the end of this. What was that about not getting drunk, Valarr? You're breaking your own rules. That he was, but it felt so good doing it.

@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

And she had a taker! Ding ding ding! She had found her wallet for the night!
"I'll have the same," she said, taking a seat and leaning again the bar. With as much grace and lady-like charm she could manage (as in, none at all) she pulled her slipping dress up again. Best not to lose her clothes before the end of the night! Not until she left the party, at least.

"The same?", Valarr asked, a smile coming to his face. This would be interesting. She looked drunk already, he mused if he was taking advantage of her. More like the other way around. The cynic in his head echoed maliciously, an identical voice to his own. It seemed to follow him everywhere. Go away, he wanted to say, but that wouldn't help. It had always been with him, in the back of his head, since he could ever remember. Almost as if he had never felt it, the cold metal of the lightsabre tucked under his robes pressed against his skin, and it chilled him, to the core. He shrugged it off, it wasn't the time.

He could wait for a while until his drink came, he always had patience. He looked around almost absent-mindedly, taking in the scene. He smiled, a wide one, and he watched the people dance.
@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

Watching, analyzing, sizing things up. These were the things that he did without even being aware of himself doing them these nights. Always watching, always keeping one eye open even when he slept. It was a skill that had been learned through necessity. His was a name so hated throughout the known galaxy, even other Sith wanted his head for their trophy rooms. Still, none of those that did were in this room at the moment, and for that alone he allowed himself a moment or two of respite from his constant vigil. But only a moment, for soon, a small girl with braided hair in an iridescent blue dress came bounding over to him, dragging with her a fair skinned little girl with blonde hair reluctantly behind her...

"Hello! That is amazing armour! I have armour too, but it doesn't look like that. I was going to wear my armour, but my brother Isley said it was okay if we made an exception, there's dessert are you hungry?"

How long had it been since he'd been around children? Years? Decades? Long enough that he couldn't even remember. And that was saying something, as he had a memory like a steel trap. Still, he was taken back just a bit by this small girl's decision to come and speak to him. She was either very brave, very naive or a combination of both. Still, he respected that. He noticed her voice was quite monotone, a droll sound, and for one with such energy, he could only assume she was deaf, or at least partially, as was his experience. From the corner of his eye, he saw two others making their way toward him, one a rather run-of-the-mill male, and the Archon of the Templar Order in tow behind him. He took a knee in front of the excitable girl and her friend, and spoke in low tones, but made sure she could see his lips, just to be sure.

"Well, many thanks, little one. I've never been much for formality, myself." he said, a hint of a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "My name is Ket. Who might you..." it was then Ket made eye contact with her little blonde friend. "...and your little friend be?"

@[member="Keter"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Felicity Mason"]
@[member="Ginnie Verd"]
@[member="Darth Metus"]

He let her read his lips. The little Mando thrilled inside, she stood as tall as she could beaming the bright smile of the genuinely pleased. Her hazel eyes scanned his lips as he spoke, and she offered him her hand to shake. "Me either. This is my first party. Maybe someday I'll be brave like you and wear my armour to a party."

She looked back at @[member="Felicity Mason"], that bright smile still on her face. Her new friend looked a bit nervous as kids could get, but Ginnie was assured by some mysterious courage that this night would be nothing but complete and alright. "This is Felicity. She's got the prettiest gloves I've ever seen. Like, ever. And her Mom and Dad taught her how to dance! And be proper!"

Puffing up her little chest, the girl snapped to attention and pushed her fist into her shoulder in a salute she'd seen from others on Mandalore. No one had taught her to do it right, the fingers were wrong and the placement was off. As if she'd seen it from afar and hoping to feel included, practiced what her skewed angle could receive as vision. "Ginnie of Clan Verd. Mandalorian! A real one, with armour and and! And Isley let me get Kal daggers and I can use them! I can! My brother's even teaching …"

Ginnie got close to @[member="Ket Van Derveld"]'s ear, the deepest secret bursting from her lips in what she thought was a whisper. "Isley's teaching me how to use the Force, too." Stepping back from his ear she glanced excitedly at his face. "Other kids didn't get to learn that."

What fear did she have of a man in armour? What fear of the darkest taint she felt from him, when the girl had taken that first grandiose step toward the shadow herself, without foreknowledge of how dark it could be with no passage of light or fragment of time for Hope to gleam onto it? Yet still, the girl was rife with her own fear. The fear of abandonment, the fear of rejection, the fear that this palace of plenty of which @[member="Darth Metus"] provided his kid sister with was made of paper and foil left outside in fear of rain. One good storm and would not the paper sag and foil rust? One good storm, and would she not need to bolster it up by usefulness and friendly behaviour, to keep what she desired? "Do you know many people here, Mr. Ket? I can introduce you to a couple if you want that way you're not lonely."

The mention of her gloves made Felicity pick at them. They were pretty. Mommy had them made for her, but she hardly thought they were anything too extravagant... But her first real friend liked them. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to wear them more. They did make her look more like a Lady. More like Mommy. She was trying so hard. But she only saw her once every month if she was lucky. She spent most of her time with Uncle Barny...

"I'm sorry," she apologized quickly, "I should have introduced myself first."
out of the corner of her eye, she could see (and sense) her father approaching with her Mother. She felt safe now. And this was the time to show off to her mother that she could be what she wanted her to be. She could be the best daughter. She could be
Perfect.

"I am Felicity Melodia Mason, Eldest daughter of the Archon," she introduced dipping into a wobbly little curtsey, "How do you do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom