Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At the Gala! (CIS)

Lancer didn't even bother to respond to Aella at first, then he took a second glance. A smile crept over the scowl, for a moment."And...here I thought that I was wearing something appropriate for a fancy dinner party."He mused, before glancing around the room. Not a lot of people of his type. Good. He wanted to show his face, but not move his mouth. Big difference, you know?

Downing the drink in a single gulp, Daxton bear his teeth back in a grimace as the alcohol burned its way down his parched throat. Placing the empty glass down, he signalled the server for a refill as he continued to scan the crowd. A lot of the big wigs were about, circulating among the new bloods, such was the nature of these gatherings and normally he would be in the thick of things. But for some reason, the Sith seemed to be sulking, silent in his misery as the replacement for his drink arrived.

So Isley had hoped this evening wouldn't kill him, eh?

Well, nothing salvaged a big brother's reputation like his twelve year old baby sister showing up, right? Ginnie Verd slipped herself into the room with eyes wide and mouth dangling. Immediately confronted with the rustling hum of a room full of music and people, the petite near-deaf girl slid against the wall and watched all the beautiful ladies in their long, luxurious gowns and great hair. Tugging at her braids, Ginnie shoved them over her ears and brushed her hands against the iridescent blue dress. She kept tugging it past her knees as she slid against the gracefully lit walls, digging into her little cloth bag for a hearing aide. Maybe no one would notice one and she could make sense of the people. That's when she heard it.

The special 'it' no twelve year old could live without.

Free dessert table. "Happy honey bee, is that chocolate cake on top of that sweet berry? Oh my gosh! Vanilla cream puffs!"

Ginnie was on the dessert table like Senators on Naboo, grabbing one okay maybe two of everything onto a napkin 'cause the girl couldn't take the time to grab a plate. There were sweet mallow squares, ganache (didn't know what a ganache was but it looked like it would taste like the best giggles of kids and unicorns), chocolate mousses in pretty little glass cups, pastries she didn't recognize but they smelled like the best thing ever. A pastry half in her mouth, Ginnie eyed the crowd in search of something familiar and slowly started making her way over to the table on the other end of the gala.
The drinks table. They'd have lemonade, right? Maybe, just maybe if life was like this and her big brother was around, Ginnie wouldn't mind being away from home so much. 'Course she'd stay right then if there was more of that pastry she gnawed on with all the etiquette of a rancour.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]

They walked down, him holding his daughter's hand whilst arm in arm with his wife. "Take it easy, dear," he warned her softly as they entered the ballroom. "I'm sure it is customary for you to lead one of the dances after all," he joked with a faint smile, before turning to his daughter. "And then you'll have to dance too you know," he informed the girl, squeezing her hand gently.

Felicity held tight to her fathers hand, holding the frilled edge of her dress with the other. She felt like she was going to trip and fall. Mother would be so disappointed if she did. Not only would she dirty her dress and embarrass her family, but then all the practice would have been for nothing!
Her cheeks went bright red when her Father brought up dancing. She was still not very confident with that yet. Couldn't quite remember the steps to even the most simple waltz. What if she messed up? In front of everybody?
She glanced at her Mother, somewhat alarmed by the color of her face. So pale. She didn't look very well. She held herself straight, even smiled. But Felicity could see it, or, well, feel it more accurately.

"Daddy?" she whispered as the group reached the bottom of the stair case, "Is mommy okay?"

@[member="Keter"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena was too...distracted to really hear what her husband was saying.

Keep it together. Once you reach the bottom you can go into your purse. Not now. Now now...

Each step was agonizing. Each movement, each breath took more effort than it should have. And then, finally, her foot hit the flat, cold floor. She let out the breath she had been holding and immediately went into her handbag. Holding the pill bottle inside the purse, she popped the cap off, slid one pill out of the bottle and closed it again. She was being quite good at taking her medication as sneakily as possible. To have to rely on it now was just so embarrassing.

She brought a tube of lipstick out of the bag with her, and while she pretended to apply a fresh layer of red, she slipped the little green pill between her lips. When she put the lipstick tube away, she smiled at her husband. It would take minutes for the medicine to take effect, but in her mind, at least, she felt better. Reassured.

@[member="Keter"]

EA-9 001

E
I thought about taking into account of who I would be meeting tonight. Dressed in a tux with a green bow tie, and gold cuffstuds, nice new shoes that shined so much I could see my stubble of a beard in them. Carrying no weapons with me tonight, I hoped that this evening would be one of the better ones. I walked into the room seeing that people were already here.

I silently cursed myself when a voice spoke in my head, "Arron, you are fine, trust me" I nodded to my self and ignored the other voice in my head. Sitting at the bar I asked for a glass of wine. I would usually drink a beer, or and ale, but this was a Gala where people of the CIS met to just hang out. I was nervous.

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Felicity Mason"] @[member="Feena Mason"]

Ever the astute one. He glanced at his wife and noted what was making his daughter worry. His eyes whirred as he did a quick scan. Her medical readout wasn't ideal. Stress. And something else, something he couldn't quite put his finger on...a tug on his hand made him look down at Felicity. He sighed and shook his head. "Mommy has been a tad ill lately. Give her some time, alright Princess? Be strong for her," he said softly, before turning to his smiling wife. It felt wrong to him, somehow. But he still smiled back. "Are you up for this?" he asked, his voice edged with worry.

The Bothan scanned the crowd, and, recognizing nobody, stood in a corner and simply watched. This night was a formal event, and anywhere else, he would be information hunting, attempting to spot a target, trying to meet a contact, or all of the above. Here, he needed to do no such things. It just felt so freeing and..... wrong. He sighed. The whole Talon squad piece was great, but information was, and always had been, his forté.

The Eternal Queen
"Up for this? What do you mean?" she asked with forced cheerfulness, closing her hand bag and walking ahead before her husband could even answer.
The truth was, she hadn't told him she was unwell. She hadn't given him a hint of it. To do so would be admitting weakness and she would never do it. Not to him. Not to anybody. Her pride would not allow it.

Besides, she would be fine in a moment or two. She just needed time to wait for the medication to kick in.

@[member="Keter"]

The little girls eyes went from her father to her mother, then back to her father again. Ill? Did he know who he was talking about? Mother was never ill. She was always full of energy, never stopping. She couldn't be sick. It just wasn't right.

"Well?" she asked, watching her mother walk away, "When is she gunna get better?"

Soon, she hoped. She didn't like mommy like this. It was even harder to get her attention now...

Grand Admiral Jonathan Walsh of the Omega Pyre ODF walked in with a smile. He held the arm of @Kalila Walsh and looked for @[member="Sophia Walsh"] and @[member="Lauren Walsh"] . His daughters were here and happy so he was here to support them. He was here for both of them, as they were both important in the confederacy. He was in his full military dress mess. He most likely stuck out like a sore thumb, being in a Omega Protectorate uniform. He didn't care though, he was loyal to his superiors.

Omega Pyre? That was interesting. Still unmoving, Strask simply watched the man carefully, and he dared not approach. This could be a good night after all.
@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Felicity Mason"]

"You know what I mean," Keter replied before looking at his daughter. Feena hadn't even looked her way once since they had entered the hall. That was beginning to irk the blond. "She'll get better soon, I promise," he swore to his daughter, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "Just...be patient," he advised, though he was sure his own worry was leaking through as he looked to his wife. "Fee- ah...Archon. A word in private please?"

The Eternal Queen
She thought she had slipped away from him for a moment. The healer leaned against a pillar, letting it keep her steady. Casual. She could look casual like this. Nothing wrong. Nothing wrong. Nothing was ever wrong.

"Oh! Keter, hello. Yes. sure. we can talk."

She had a bad feeling. This was going to go somewhere she did not want to go.

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Felicity Mason"]

He smiled reassuringly at her, leading her and Felicity away from the bustle. "Felicity, mind getting some water for us?" he asked, indicating the nearby tables with a smile. She wouldn't go far, she'd be perfectly safe and in their sight. Keter turned to his wife. "Feena...what are you doing?" he asked flatly, staring straight through her. "You're in no shape to stride regally through this whole gathering. Please, take it easy," he urged. "Felicity is becoming worried too. Don't do anything to hurt yourself...or us." His words were near silent, meant only for her.

The Eternal Queen
The moment Felicity was out of ear shot, Feena's smile faded. He didn't think she was strong enough. He didn't trust her. Why did they all think she was weak now? Couldn't they see how hard she was trying? She opened her handbag again, reaching for the pill bottle again.

"I'm fine, Keter," she promised, "It's only a little pain. Nothing to worry about. Honestly."

Her hand clasped the cap of the pill bottle, nervously turning it nearly all the way off, and on again. She could have one more pill. Just one more. It was taking too long. It hurt too much. One more would not kill her.

@[member="Keter"]

Daddy told her to be patient. Patient she would be. She was a good girl. Maybe if she was good enough, Mommy would look at her for more than a few minutes. And just like a good girl, when Daddy asked her to step away and grab water at the table, she did exactly that.

As carefully as she could in her pinchy white shoes and long dress, she stepped over to the buffet table, reaching up to grab two cups filled with clear liquid. The girl at the other end of the table caught her eye. She was older. Must have been twice her age. She paused, watching as she piled up desert after desert, then just like that walked away.

No way mommy would let me eat that much... she thought, disappointed, But maybe... if she doesn't see....

The little girl glanced at her parents. Not far away, but they seemed to be quite busy talking about.., something. Grown up stuff. None of her business. Quickly, she set both waters down, snatched up a chocolate and popped it into her mouth.

Heaven. Absolute. Heaven. How could she have lived six whole years without this?
@[member="Ginnie Verd"] @[member="Keter"]

Ginnie's Kid Sense was tingling. She glanced around, trotting back toward the dessert table with the pastry stuffed and half of a chocolate ganache bit off being masticated in her mouth. Ginnie caught sight of tiny hands grabbing a chocolate. She smiled with her mouth closed, gulped and licked her lips to take off any chocolate or whipped cream left on her face. She waved at @[member="Felicity Mason"].

The deaf Mandalorian had never been a confident child, maybe it was a degree of cowardice to team up with the youngest person in the room, but she trotted right over to Felicity and smiled down at the child. "Hello, I'm Ginnie! What's your name? There's an awful lot of adults at this party, eh? You ought to try those little square cakes. They fit in one mouthful and they're super tasty."

Sophia was going to this gala not because she wanted to but because it was expected that she attend. As executive viceroy she was to go to these events and mingle with citizens of the confederacy. If she had it her way she would be snuggled up with Josiah on the couch. It wasn't that she didn't like these events it was just that her beloved was only around ever so often and she wanted to spend quality time with him away from the prying eyes of everyone. The only saving grace was that he was coming along and for some reason her father as well. She hadn't seen him in what seemed like forever.

He was Grand Admiral of the Pyre now which was awkward to say the least. They both were highly ranked individuals in two different governments. They were friendly for now but she worried what would happen if they became not so friendly towards one another. It was something she didn't even want to think about.

She arrived at this event on the arm of @[member="Josiah Denko"] in an elegant flowing black dress. Her hair had been placed up in a bun for the evening. Her stylist wished for her to pick something more bold and flashy but Sophia declined. She liked being simple not flashy or anything like that.

It was easy to spot her father in the ballroom and she waved with a smile as she headed his way. He would expect her to come talk to him and she wanted to talk to. It had been far too long after all and they used to be so close.

@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom