Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At the Gala! (CIS)

One chocolate turned to two chocolates very quickly. She glances at her parents again, sticking the second one in her mouth.
And then she immediately jumped when the girl from earlier noticed her, probably the only other kid in the room. Felicity swallowed the silky chocolate guiltily and quickly grabbed a napkin to wipe her little fingers off with. When she was done, she grabbed her tiny white gloves from the table and stuck them back on, hoping nobody would notice that she ever took them off.

"O-oh! I am not allowed desert before dinner," she said, sticking her hands behind her back, "And Mother says I'll ruin my dress if I eat anything messy..."

She looked at the ground, then to her mother still talking with her father. Then she remembered.

"Oh! How rude of me. My name is Felicity Melodia Mason," she quickly introduced dipping into the best curtsey she could manage in such uncomfortable shoes, "And your name, Miss?"

@[member="Ginnie Verd"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]

"I stopped buying that excuse years ago," Keter pointed out flatly, reaching out to hold her hand and take the medicine bottle from her. "You're anxiety is telling." He lowered his head to rest his forehead against hers, the touch enough for him to reach out and feel her pain. He took it, or as much as he could. A grimace passed over his face before he regained his composure. "You need rest. Attend to your duties if you must, but I will not let you over-exert yourself here."

The Eternal Queen
She closed her eyes as they touched, surrendering the bottle at once. This felt better. Better than the medicine. The medicine only dulled the pain. But when he took it from her, even for a short time, she felt alive again. Her entire body relaxed. Free.

But her comfort would always come at a cost to him. It was hard to forget that.

"I was thinking, Darling," she sighed, "I can... afford to take a short break from my work. How about a trip somewhere? For the whole family? Somewhere warm."

@[member="Keter"]

The newly enlisted confederate military recruit, Alexis Vikram made sure to straighten his suit before entering the Gala, late as usual. His only reason for going was his father who had insisted he had to represent the Vikram name in light of all the gentry that would be present at this get together. It was only after his father's fourtieth threat to disenvow Alexis that he decided to go, rather to get his father off his back. Alexis had a poor taste for these parties, socializing without the ability to brag about his own accomplishments left a bad taste in his mouth.

He sauntered into the ballroom, making sure to look around for anyone he had recognized. As usual no one had caught his attention. Before making his way to the bar, Alexis made sure to pat the right side of his suit for his most-trusted friend, his viroblade, the one gift from his father that he found useful.

Taking a seat at what looked to be a bar, or at least a location where beverages of an alcoholic nature were being served.
Sighing as he takes a seat, he takes the nearest drink from a nearby unattended drink tray.

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]

"That sounds perfect, milady," Keter replied, kissing his wife softly. "How about Naboo?" he asked with a smile, holding her close, the world forgotten. "I'm sure the girls would love to see where their mother grew up..."

Halfway through stuffing another petit four in her face, Ginnie rubbed her mouth with the back of her hand and gulped loudly. Manners? Etiquette? Well, she knew how to dress a gun did that count? "Ginnie Verd! I'm Isley Verd's sister! Pleased to meetcha!"

She took @[member="Felicity Mason"]'s hand and shook it wildly. "So your parents keep all these manners on you, huh? Why? What're they good for?" The little Mando glanced around for a sight of her brother, and not being able to see him nodded Felicity over to the side where the adults weren't as busy. "Wanna play a game?"
@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Eternal Queen
"Naboo is... nice," she responded slowly, "But it's in Omega Pyre territory. I just don't..."

She trailed off, squeezing his hand. It wasn;t that she didn't like OP. But she didn't... trust them? Well, no. Not that either. She just didn't feel comfortable wandering over there with her family.

"Besides. I want to go somewhere new. Somewhere with sand and ocean. I want to see if I am capable of getting a tan."

Isley Verd. Isley... The name sounded familiar. Mommys friend? Co-worker? Underling? Something along those lines. She never spoke of her life away from home.

"M-manners?" she stuttered, letting the girl shake her hand wildly, "Oh... Mommy says it's important to be polite-"

But before she could finish explaining what else Mommy said, she had moved on to a different subject.

"What kind of game? Mommy doesn't want me to play anything that might get my dress dirty...."

@[member="Ginnie Verd"]

Valarr nudged his way past a small crowd of speculators, and strode into the ball-room. He had let down the hood from his head, the coal-black hair adorning the top of his scalp fell to near eye-level, and the piercing purple eyes gazed across the room, and drifted along people's faces, taking in their features and their ways. They were his people now. He still wore his robes, long, flowing, robes, ochre-coloured, the colour of burnt yellow, the burning sun and the raw sunset. The robes billowed around him and hung loosely from his shoulders. He had strapped a large belt around it, tying it around his waist, as to give him some kind of mobility. It was the attire of the nobility, as he rightfully was part of, despite he being the second son of a second son, heir to nothing. The name Vaelaros still carried weight in the galaxy, but Valarr was determined to... reignite his families' fortunes, restore his families' name. We shall be feared. Our name shall only have to be muttered, and a shiver would run down the spine of the most brave man and fiercest warrior. He was taller than most of the people here, and could see above their heads, therefore making him quite an obvious sight to those who even deigned to look. He moved swiftly yet gracefully, taking custody of a small glass of ale from a passing waiter. Taking a sip, he looked around constantly, a small smile coming to his face. He would have to get to know these people, if he was to learn from them. Therefore, social skills were required.

"Why?" Why was it important to be polite? Ginnie thought it was important to have respect, but the rest, well it was more important to be alive. And to make sure you were alive you had to fight dirty sometimes. Or was it get dirty fighting? She never could remember. The Mandalorian child put her desserts down on a low table (as the higher ones were too high) and dusted her hands off.

"Manners are great and stuff, but I don't know many people that end up relying on their manners in a gun fight. . . not that there's gonna be a fight at the party! We didn't wear our Beskar'gam." Ginnie grinned, as if to @[member="Felicity Mason"] that would explain everything.

"There're lines on the marble floor, why don't we play line tag? It's like regular tag, except you have to hop from line to line. That way, we can get people to go on the dance floor and play with us. Not many people dancing quite yet. That way it can look like we're dancing. We're supposed to dance at a party, right?"

Having mingled a bit, Aella decided to head over to the buffet table where some food was laid out. She gazed over the array of delectable desserts and picked a few, placing them carefully on her plate. She noticed the two young girls and smiled at them. @[member="Felicity Mason"] @[member="Ginnie Verd"]

She gazed around, eyes finally setting on the musicians. It had been a while since she had picked up a violin and she longed to do so, hers tucked away safely on her ship. She crossed the dance floor toward the musicians and waited for them to finish the current piece. As they finished she clapped and proceeded to ask if she could take a turn at playing something.

She gingerly held the violin in her hands, placing it on her shoulder she began to play slowly, fingers warming up and getting to know the instrument. She chose a piece by Bach she had memorized as a teenager. Finishing that piece she asked the others if they knew a lively string quartet that she had once learned. With a nod she started a lively tune for the others to dance to, swaying a little to the music herself, awash with delight and the joy that making music brought her. This night would keep her going for a while.

@Darth Metus
@[member="Valarr Vaelaros"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Felicity Mason"]

Keter smiled widely at that. "Yes...you have been too pale lately. Too much sitting inside doing paperwork I think," he teased, kissing her. "And let's make sure our little princess hasn't gotten herself in trouble, hmm?" he suggested, taking her hand and heading after his daughter to the tables as soft music filled the air.

Master Sergeant Montag Card was in full dress uniform for the Archon's event. His official function was as a member of the security detail but given the event's location and high level of harassment people endured through searches to get in, he doubted there'd be an attack. Montag was relaxed more than he'd been on ages. He finally had someone he could consider a friend and had an entirely new lease on life after taking that Tusken's bolt to the brain.

It seemed like it'd done him good.

Still, underneath his uniform he wore a protective vest and his .45 was still strapped snugly to his outer thigh. The soldier decided it was time for a drink and made his way through the crowd toward the extensive bar, ordering a whiskey and taking a seat facing the crowd. He scanned the crowd's faces while he sipped on his alcohol.

The Eternal Queen
How could she have nearly forgotten about Felicity? It was a problem. Forgetting about her own child.

"Look, there she is," she pointed out, spotting the girl, "She's found a friend. Let's not embarrass her now. We can leave her be for a moment or two. She's a good girl."

And she did so miss dancing. She didn't know how well she could manage it now, of course. But the music felt like it was going to take her at any moment.

@[member="Keter"]

The soft music filled the air, rose up high and fell onto his ears, gentle and soft as smooth as the waves on the long beaches of Naboo. He could also hear it, the background noise of his childhood, days spent there an- Hang on. He was being distracted. Gripping the glass of ale tighter, he rose the clear glass full of clear liquid up to his lips, and sipped gently at the liquid, letting it warm his body through-out. He smiled shortly, and swiftly moved to the bar itself, replacing his now empty small glass with a taller, wider, glass, filled with a thick black liquid that he had made acquaintances with on Alderaan. He smiled, sipping it, and leant against the bar, casting his purple eyes onto the ballroom floor, just... watching. For the moment.

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir stood around the bar, realizing he was the only man here not wearing a suit. He turned to the crowd for a moment, then back to his drink "glad I cleaned up my armor," he said "or I'd probably be getting stares from all over..." He turned around to and ordered a drink. After receiving it he got up and walked towards a slightly hidden area of the room and took off his helmet to have a quick drink, it had been a long time since Vendir had drunk something with alcohol in it "not as good as I remember it," he started "or I might have ordered the wrong drink" he quickly finished the drink before replacing his helmet and returning to the bar.

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]

Keter smiled and nodded at his wife. "Best you make sure she knows that," he advised her, squeezing her hand gently. "Still, I see more of your guests seeking you out. How about we give you the spotlight again?" the blond asked, leading her gently to the area of the hall reserved for dancing with a faint grin.

The little girl gasped at the other girls mention of a 'gun fight'. She'd never even seen one, even on the holovids. Mother made she she stayed as far away from that world as possible.

"I don't think Mother would let me be in a gun fight-"

But the girl named Ginnie was already going on about a new game. One that was supposed to look like dancing. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her Father leading her Mother to the floor. Dancing! Just like how mother had taught her! But when mother taught her how to dance, she said nothing about jumping. This confused Felicity greatly.

"I don't think you're supposed to jump when you dance. Mother taught me. She said dancing is about grace and... and..."

She was getting nervous now. She was being told two different things. She played with her hands, then quickly stuck them behind her back, realizing that she was not supposed to twiddle her fingers.

@[member="Ginnie Verd"]

The Eternal Queen
The Archon resisted the urge to roll her eyes. What was with her husband and always putting her in the spot light? Yes, she did enjoy being the center of attention. She was a bit vain. But there was a time and place for everything. And she would have the attention soon enough.

"It's been a while since we've had a dance, love," she commented, "Are you sure you remember how?"

@[member="Keter"]

As those gathered began to make merry, a cold chill could be felt throughout the large banquet hall. It sent a shiver down the spine of everyone and anyone gathered here this night. The light seemed to grow dim, if only for a few fleeting moments as the sound of heavy footfalls echoed off the high walls. The grand entryway seemed to darken with unnatural shadows that crept out from nowhere at all. A feeling of dread and unease accompanied them as a cloaked silhouette emerged from the darkness. Hands covered in black leather reached upward to the figure's head, pulling the midnight black hood of the floor length cloak down off his head as cold sapphire orbs surveying the room, as if profiling every individual that stood within his presence. He was garbed in Templar Armor, colored as deep a black as the void of space itself. Formal wear was not an option for him. Ever.

The High Lord Inquisitor of the Templar Order had arrived at the Gala, yet his face conveyed that of silent contempt, as if such functions were beneath him. Only a few knew of him, but they that did knew the type of man he was. He wielded great power, and was convinced to use it for the good of the Confederacy. Truth be told, Ket Van Derveld had never truly owed his allegiance to anyone other than his mate, @[member="Curupira Hawk"]. But, the galaxy was a chaotic place, much more than anyone really knew, and in times like these, even men such he needed to pick a side. For now, he would simply watch, silently, keeping tabs on all around, especially the man garbed in the Omega Pyre full dress uniform. Blood relations or not, The Lord Inquisitor was trusting of no one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom