Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Assorted Notes

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin

Yes, it's certainly possible to anchor one's soul to an object or location. Darth Andeddu did so, I believe, many thousands of years ago, and of course Exar Kun did it with his temple. I've never done it myself: all of my own essence transfers have been from living body to living body. One major point of caution, if you ever go that route: do NOT attempt except with major preparation or at serious need. Ad-hoc binding to an object is possible, and it will let you attempt to possess anyone who touches the object - but if nobody touches the object within a minute or so, your soul will likely dissipate into the Cosmic Force.

Immortality is a very broad topic. If you intend to dabble, talk with me first and I'll steer you away from the traps and pitfalls, of which there are many.

Something a little more practical that may interest you: though it's not among my skills, a colleague on the Pomojema showed me that it's possible to see through the eyes of an illusion. He can create an illusory bird or snake to get a line of sight on something he otherwise couldn't. Fascinating.

OOC SOURCE:
Jedi Academy Training Manual

Auteme Auteme

We've struggled lately. I miss our research together. Consider this note a bit of nostalgia, an olive branch.

There's a remarkable ability called flow-walking peculiar to the Aing-Tii Monks of the Kathol Outback. It allows them to view the past and future in excellent detail, but it's complicated, and the Aing-Tii aren't particularly hospitable. They're also extremely remote. Well, it turns out that the Jedi investigators of the past had a similar, simpler technique with a narrower focus. They called it reading echoes in the Force. It allowed them to see what had happened in a given location. Two key limits: they had to be present in the location, and they couldn't look back more than a week or thereabouts - and even that was quite difficult. A day or two was more feasible.

I've tested it out and found the technique quite straightforward. I'm including an audio file that should walk you through how to do it.

Take care-
Quill

OOC source: Jedi Academy Training Manual

Grundark Grundark

Friggin' hilarious thing happened, you gotta hear this.

So one of those skinny little Sith Knights went for Lord Quercus, right? The plant? Well, Quercus whipped up a Force storm, the weather kind, but not regional - contained. The area around this stupid prick got howling wind and, I kid you not, acid rain. His skin got all red and he was bawling like he'd taken pepper spray to the face. Acid rain. I don't have weather skills like that - well, the Toglannoq can all read what's coming, but I'm not one of those that can change the weather. But seeing a Sith Lord call acid rain out of a pocket storm was, uh, inspiring.

Have a good one, Dumbo.

OOC source: Jedi Academy Training Manual

if they're watching anyways
Jend-Ro,

I took yesterday to practice what you sent me. I'd actually gotten a lesson on flow-walking when I was a padawan. It didn't stick; mostly because I was a padawan dealing with a very advanced ability, but I'm sure a few personal blocks at the time stopped me from even properly understanding it. This, on the other hand, came much easier. I wasn't sure how I might read echoes, but after a few hours I realized it was more like seeing ripples. Like waves in the ocean -- guessing that the wave probably came back from further out, or that ripples in a pond meant something had fallen in. I'd been able to see myself at the same place the day before but nothing further than that yet, and yet to see much else.

I'm writing to you because I thought I might share some of my own research. I was at Corellia a few weeks ago; someone had recovered the cocoon of an ancient Mist-Weaver, and the Jedi had managed to procure it. It shared its knowledge of weaving before it died -- its cocoon and body vanished into the Force when it passed on. There was a kind of ancient weight and sadness left in its wake. I can't imagine spending so long trapped in a cocoon, though I suppose I now have the means to find out if I so chose.

The weaving itself was surprisingly easy for me. I'd woven strands of Force Light before; this is similar. It's kind of a perfect explanation for my own view of the Force. A combination of three things: water, in all its states, representing life and change; the lattice, the strands to be woven, the connections between all things; and light, an ever-present energy and good that lives in all things. Though I think the weaving itself only requires the second -- seeing the threads to weave them together -- I think the first and last both play an important role in how I use it.

My student, Kisaku (you should meet him sometime) was quite good at it. He's a Miralukan. I'm hardly a master at using the Force to enhance my sight, but I tried seeing what he saw. His inherent 'sight' of the threads allowed him to weave with ease -- perhaps concentrating on the eyes while weaving allows for more complex creations. Though I have the edge for now, I think he'll master the weaving much quicker than I will.

A few thoughts and applications I've tried/theorized about (most would involve dangerous situations, which I try to avoid):

• The three 'states', as I see them in relation to water are as such: mist, ever-present and surrounding us, much like the Force itself; water, woven of threads, given physical form, reforming easily to keep the shape of the 'container' it is given; ice, much like the core of the cocoon, impossibly durable such that it even wards time itself. (The idea of time and the Force being connected fascinates me to no end.)
  • Cocoons could be incredibly useful. The weaving itself is not so much taxing as time-consuming, but it'd be a small task to create a cocoon large enough to envelop a person. Since the barriers woven by this technique heal themselves without input from the weaver, applying the weaving at a low level (training all Jedi in it) could allow for rapid capture of dangerous enemies, a safe space to hide and recuperate if the Jedi is injured, or even a kind of safe space for civilians in battle zones. They'd be kept safe and inside the cocoon, they'd be clearly marked as needing evacuation for support personnel, then the weaver could return once the battle had resolved and remove the cocoon. I have yet to test the durability of the barrier but I think it would be able to survive most attempts at breaking it through conventional means. As far as I can tell there is no way to un-weave the barrier without knowing how to do so in the first place -- Sith-safe as well.
  • Permanent, glowing strands can be used to leave messages for other Jedi.
  • Individual strands can be used to grab things, as though a lasso or a rope -- or perhaps a spider's silk. I imagine someone swinging from building to building might be quite comical. Lowering the strength of the strands could allow them to fade in time, leaving no trace of one's movements.
  • In part from my own history with it, I've found weaving to be highly amenable to Light. Imbuing it into my weaving strengths the barriers, and could certainly heighten its effectiveness in capturing Sith.
  • Creating a self-healing artificial wall could deter pursuit. The strands can also be elastic; allowing for easy 'bouncing'. Lends credence to my earlier comment of a building-swinging Jedi.
  • Armor or clothing made from the weaving; durable, portable, can be as stylish as one's imagination.
  • Biggest current challenge. The Mist-Weaver described weaving to relate in part to colors -- I assumed at first more variety in the weaving, or perhaps the 'colors' I saw when focusing on my eyes, but I began to wonder if invisibility is possible. To weave such that light is bent around it. Of course, it's glaringly clear once one focuses on seeing the Force, but it could be quite useful in deception and misdirection. I've managed to achieve some amount of transparency, but it's still possible to see with the naked eye.
I've included a few recordings of my experiments, as well as a walk-through on the basics of how I weave.

I'm sorry about Jakku. You were partly right -- I was beginning to feel alone; like no one entirely understood, no one wanted to help. Possibly a side effect of having a myriad of fresh, painful memories. In that loneliness I felt misunderstood and ignored the contributions of others. Anger makes me sick sometimes.

I still feel like there's more that you can do -- more that everyone can do -- but it's also not my place to push others. Your condition makes you alone more often than not. I didn't consider that when I was asking you to put things aside and just cooperate with others even after things had gone wrong. Your eyes are your own and I think your sight is clearer than anyone's. Fresh perspectives are never bad.

I'm taking a bit of time to myself. A vacation, almost; traveling the Outer Rim with my partner. When I get back, maybe we can talk more. Things have started to blow over. The New Jedi Order moves fast. I also might have a gift for you when I see you again.

Stay safe.

Love,
Auteme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom