Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign The Great Hutt Space Endurance Race

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Brought to you by the Spacer Guild, this race crosses battle lines and no-man's-land through the twisted, baffling hyperroutes of Hutt Space. Excitement is high, but so are the stakes. The racers are about to start at any one of the KICKOFF STARS and reach any three of the WAYPOINTS, in any order, by whatever route they see fit. There are any number of reasons to visit the three waypoints - picking up or dropping off cargoes or passengers, for example. This isn't a test of speed, it's an endurance challenge that will test every facet of a crew's morale, their ship's engineering, and their navigator's wits. There is no correct route. There's only what keeps you alive.

KICKOFF STARS
Bothawui -
CIS space
Junkfort Station - neutral space
Deysum - SJC space
Gamorr - neutral space

WAYPOINTS
Nimban
- an SJC holdout surrounded by Bryn'adul territory
Nadiem - one of the relatively few worlds that was fully evacuated before the Bryn'adul swept in
Groth - neutral territory deep in Hutt Space, a planet of gladiators and gambling where folk try to ignore the oncoming war
Hollastin - a minor trade world at risk, a key crossroads on the Hollastin Run and the start of the Pando Spur
A research station orbiting the Godsheart
vNOqps6.png

OOC/ Time for Post #1: all the Jumps and random events that take you from your chosen Kickoff Star to the first Waypoint you choose. 'Captain's Log' format can be useful here. You all start with 0 Damage and 0 Crew Strain. Hit 10 of either and you're out.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian Saija Kwann Saija Kwann Lief Lief Vetru Vetru Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku Kirk Korrado Delila Castillon Delila Castillon and whoever else signs up at any time.

Last edited:
CAPTAIN'S LOG - INDEPENDENT STARSHIP 'STONEHEART SLEEN'

I am of two minds. On the one hand, this race trivializes the genocides of my species and so many others. The Scar Worlds are not some Ithorian smuggler's toy.But on the other hand, I acknowledge that the event may draw attention and actual aid to the endangered people of the region. And the Spacer Guild has agreed to provide all the navigational data to the resistance movement. So I banked my resentment and set out to run certain errands. First, I intend to travel from Junkfort Station to bring weapons to the embattled planet Nimban. My cargo hold is full of CryoBan and incendiaries.

Found a gutted Huttese noble caravel, and I use the word 'noble' lightly. The Bryn'adul shattered the vessel almost beyond recognition. On a hunch, my people spacewalked in and found the ruins of a safe containing a small fortune in aurodium. (-3 to crew strain, but already at 0.)

A t'landa Til refugee ship followed us all the way from Sriluur to Cyborrea. Their story was pitiable, and I felt a special grimness take hold among my crew. (4 crew strain.)

Cyborrea proved no refuge. Near the front lines, we barely escaped a serious Bryn'adul fleet presence. We took heavy damage holding off their pickets while the t'landa Til ship escaped. Morale has improved somewhat. The escape was miraculous. (3 damage, -1 crew strain.)

Bryn'adul forces gave chase and caught up with us at Sionia, just inside SJC lines. As a skirmish unfolded, we evaded the violence and managed to make the final jump to Nimban. I have no special hope of aid from the humans, but who knows what the future holds. (No effect.)

JUMPS:
Junkfort Station to Sriluur, passing through Bryn'adul space: 1d12 on the Scar Worlds table. Roll: 10.
Sriluur to Dirha, passing through Bryn'adul space: 1d12 on the Scar Worlds table. Roll: 6.
Dirha to Cyborrea, passing through Bryn'adul space: 1d12 on the Scar Worlds table. Roll: 6.
Cyborrea to Sionia, passing through Bryn'adul space: 1d12 on the Scar Worlds table. Roll: 7.
Sionia to Nimban: 1d12 on the normal table. Roll: 12.

FINAL CONDITION: Damage 3/10, crew strain 3/10
WAYPOINTS: 1/3

Last edited:
Was actually very friendly
PERSONAL LOG
KHEFIIR, KNIGHT OF THE NEW JEDI ORDER

I am attempting to catch up with the fanatical Kubaz Darksider known as Skajin var Imret. While I appreciate as well as I can that the genocide of his homeworld scarred him deeply, var Imret is dangerous at face value. More importantly, he is a known associate of Laertia Io Laertia Io , the murderous traitor whom I fought at Generis. If I can catch var Imret, he may willingly or unwillingly provide tactically valuable information on Io's band of Dark Jedi. Reports place var Imret at Nimban, flying a damaged raider ship. I am departing from Deysum, a regional SJC stronghold, while flying a durable Y-Wing variant.

I found Randon peaceful and safe, but could not delay. (Remove all crew strain, but zero strain already.)

The jump to Chalacta was similarly uneventful. I may disagree with Silver Jedi priorities, but there's no denying that they've brought peace and stability for many worlds for many years. (-1 crew strain, but zero strain already.)

Near Ilos, I encountered the strange outlaw-tech ship known as the Wretched Hive. I've met the Krevaaki chief engineer, Dingo Darr - saved his life on Ord Mantell a few years back. He offered to fix up my starfighter for free, but I'm in good condition. (Remove all damage, but zero damage already.)

A nice quiet jump to the battlefront at Ilos Minor. I can sense a storm on the horizon. (-1 crew strain, but zero strain already.)

The jump from Ilos Minor to Nar Kreeta set my fangs on edge. Nar Kreeta is Bryn'adul territory and this whole region is heavily contested. But my ship proved small enough to avoid notice, at least for a while. (+1 crew strain.)

Bryn'adul patrol forces almost snared me en route to Nimban. My durable starfighter turned out to be an excellent choice. I engaged the Bryn'adul in battle and escaped with my life. Too few can say that. (+1 damage.)

I have verified that var Imret reached Nimban. He's only hours ahead of me, and I have his heading.

JUMPS:
Deysum to Randon: 1d12 on the normal table. Roll: 3
Randon to Chalacta: 1d12 on the normal table. Roll: 6
Chalacta to Ilos: 1d12 on the normal table. Roll: 4
Ilos to Ilos Minor: 1d12 on the normal table. Roll: 12
Ilos Minor to Nar Kreeta: 1d12 on the Scar Worlds table. Roll: 5
Nar Kreeta to Nimban: 1d12 on the Scar Worlds table. Roll: 9

FINAL CONDITION: Damage 1/10, crew strain 1/10
WAYPOINTS: 1/3

Kirk Korrado

K
Captain’s Log
Kirk Korrado, of The Long Run Starlight Class Freighter
Deysum III ---> Nimban

The trip from Coruscant was alright, but as soon as we got to Deysum III things started to get weird. The whole place is wretched and overpopulated for a barren wasteland, and that was before refugees started showing up. The orbital station we stopped at was more of a processing station. Pretty depressing, but it was nice knowing we're out here to help these people. It’s just my Astromech G5 and I, with the rest of the ships being taken up by supply crates. Food? weapons? I don’t know. I didn’t ask.

Randon was our first stop, and the last place we could stop for reliable fuel before we hit Bryn’adul space. I met a good mechanic who I paid to check over the ship. I didn’t want bits flying off in the ass end of Hutt Space. He said it was all clear, and filled me up on Coaxium. I got onto the Pabol Sleheyron. -1 damage, but at 0 already.

Leaving Randon I got approached by a Jedi looking for a ride to Nimban. I told him I had no space, but he didn’t seem to care. He offered me quite a bit just to let him sit on some supply crates and meditate the whole way, so I took it and he did just that. Fella was so quiet I kept forgetting he was onboard. -1 crew strain, but at 0 already.

I didn’t want to stop at Chalacta, so I jumped straight through the system. I planned to do the same for Ilos, when I got a call from an old acquaintance. Dingo Darr was in the system, hopping around Hutt Space like me. He still owes me big time from that stuff on Ebaq 3, but we’re both busy men. I’ll cash that cheque some other time. We met in an orbital station for a drink, and then I continued on to Ilos Minor. Remove all damage, but at 0 already.

The jump to Ilos Minor was relaxed, so I hopped on the CB to see what I could find. Started chattin’ to a Jedi named Khefiir Khefiir as I passed him on the hyperlane. He was tellin’ me all about the Bryn he’s encountered. I’ve never seen one, and from what he said I’m not sure I want to. Good thing is he seemed pretty confident about fighting them. -1 crew strain, but at 0 already.

We crossed into Bryn territory after that. It felt pretty empty, desolate maybe. Not a lot of folks are making this jump these days. Whole hyperlane was radio silence. It really put me on edge. I jumped straight past Nar Kreeta. I wasn’t sure if any Bryn were in the area, but I wasn’t gonna stick around and find out. +2 crew strain.

We’re at Nimban now, just finished unloading the supplies. That Jedi fella from Randon left without saying much, just that he needed to find a hospital. After this I’m heading to Groth. I wanna see that funky little place one more time before it gets swallowed up by these genocidal freaks.

1ugcQ7X.jpg

Deysum to Randon: 5 (Normal Space)
Randon to Chalacta: 7 (Normal Space)
Chalacta to Ilos: 4 (Normal Space)
Ilos to Ilos Minor: 12 (Normal Space)
Ilos Minor to Nar Kreeta: 5 (Scar Worlds)
Nar Kreeta to Nimban: 5 (Scar Worlds)

CREW STRAIN: 2/10
DAMAGE: 0/10

WAYPOINT 1/4

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain's Log | Blue Crest Relief
Aboard 'Pilgrim'
Gamorr -> Nadiem | Waypoint One
uDAHm72.png
Such is not my usual inclining.
I am not one for high stakes chases, or a race through the stars, and yet I know that the route I might take could prove beneficial to those who inhabit, or once inhabited, the worlds I will pass by. In the wake of the Bryn'adul horde there is little that might have survived, and yet I go here regardless in hopes that I might find lost souls to reunite with those who had been able to flee. The chances are slim, of this I am more than aware. But we cannot be without hope.
We set course from Gamorr to Arami. A quiet enough world, where we stopped to pick up initial supplies before we reach the inevitable point of no return as Barab creeps ever closer along the trade route. As luck would have it we happened upon a mechanic of high proficiency, though he found little wrong with my vessel. This is to be expected, of course, for Pilgrim is fresh off the production line. Still, it is good to know that she's in fine shape. Certainly that helped ease the mind of some of my crew.
From Arami it was a quick, if highly uneventful jump to Syvris. The shadowport held little wonders to one such as myself, in fact we passed it by with nary a glance. The last thing we need is to find unnecessary trouble so soon into our venture.
Dubrava was next upon our sights. We landed within the swamps to pick up the last of the supplies we had not yet been able to get our hands on, and once more the vessel was glanced over by a budding mechanic as we refueled to ensure we had enough to get us through the daunting part of our journey. Would that we could find such assistance where we are going... Alas, this is likely the last chance we'll have at getting Pilgrim seen to until we reach the other side. The crew remains in good spirit, and I can only hope we're able to maintain such composure going on...
As we neared the Barab System we were in half a mind to pass the world by. Those who inhabit the murky planet are not exactly known for being welcoming, and with their aggressive tendencies likely heightened - if any even remained upon the world - I was unsure whether it was worth the risk to my crew or not. Alas, the Force had other plans for us. We were pulled from hyperspace as a foreboding fleet of Bryn-ships loomed just ahead on the route.
As Pilgrim took damage I could not help but feel certain we were done for, so many vessels are certainly hard to contend with. I know that the Force must have been on our side, though, for by some miracle our small ship managed to evade full desolation and we high-tailed out of there as quickly as we could. We were in fact forced to stop at Barab as a result, to assess the damage. Not so bad that we couldn't continue on, but what I wouldn't give for one of those mechanics right about now...
Much to our surprise, there were Barabel's near our landing point. While most gave us a wary, wide-berth, we did take on a small number of them who were in dire straits. Our medics tend to them as I speak, and I can only hope that with consciousness comes good sense to not simply assault those who brought them from the brink. At any rate, until we know for sure they're locked down and monitored. Even as brutal a species as they deserve some chance at life.
Our journey then to Dilbana was a welcome relief. Uneventful, strenuous to be sure after our run in with the fleet, but without much to talk about. Our landing there was brief, and we found little sentient life remaining. Those few life forms we did come upon were welcomed aboard our ship, and gladly they accepted. We left behind some of our supplies in our wake, those we had rescued alluding to more of their kind who were far more wary of our supposed help. I hope that in time they will be more receptive to rescue.
It seems as though fate is not on our side. For just as soon as we believed ourselves out of the worst of it we happen upon none other than another fleet. More damage taken. Another miraculous escape. By now the crew believes that some unknown entity must watch over us, for twice now we have made it out alive. Barely in one piece, but alive... Spirits may be renewed, but the ship looks worse for wear. If we cannot find a means to repair it we may be out of this race. Truth be told I'd be more devastated about those we failed to assist along the way than the competition we find ourselves embroiled in. We landed upon Rampa I with a spluttering engine. Though the vessel is still of sound use, I can only hope we're offered some small measure of respite on our way to Teth. There at least I know a small measure of civilization remains, it was not all that long ago I stood upon its surface after all.
Still, Rampa brought with it more lost souls. I hope that once we reach the end of the scar worlds we can find a home for them.
The journey to Teth was remarkably unremarkable. Little happened to slow us down, as we shifted through that void. Our crew find these lands stints through nothingness unnerving though, they long to be out of this place and into calmer waters. Thankfully Teth is a world I'm most familiar with, and its people are known to me. Most settled here as the Bryn ravaged nearby worlds, safely lost within the previously uninhabited swathes of jungle. We left them with as many supplies as we could spare, and one or two of those we had picked up along the way chose to join their hidden settlement. I leave them in good spirits, though wary of the remaining path forward.
Our journey to Nadiem was pinpointed by the addition of another ship headed the same way. Refugees with stories they wished to share, which ran over our comms and into the ears of my crew. Were I not certain of their need to get such from their chest, to find nominal respite in the empathy of my crew, I might have rejected their communications entirely. Alas, their needs were higher than our own. My crew are somber now, but we reach Nadiem in good time.
From here who knows what lies ahead... But we are in one piece, and our spirits though somewhat dampened remained high enough that we can continue on. For how much longer though remains to be seen...
uDAHm72.png
Rolls:
Gamorr -> Arami. Normal Space: 5 (-1 damage. Good mechanic. Useless - already max)​
Amari -> Syvris. Normal Space: 12 (-1 Strain. Uneventful. Useless - already max)​
Syvris -> Dubrava. Normal Space: 5 (-1 damage. Good mechanic. Useless - already max)​
Dubrava -> Barab. Scar Space: 7. (+3 Damage. -1 Strain. Major Bryn Fleet. Damage: 3 | Strain: 0)​
Barab -> Dilbana. Scar Space: 5. (+1 Strain. Uneventful. Damage: 3 | Strain: 1)​
Dilbana -> Rampa I. Scar Space: 7. (+3 Damage. -1 Strain. Major Bryn Fleet. Damage: 6 | Strain: 0)​
Rampa I -> Teth. Scar Space: 8. (+1 Strain. Uneventful. Damage: 6 | Strain: 1)​
Teth -> Nadiem. Scar Space: 6 (+2 Strain. Refugee Ship. Damage: 6 | Strain: 3)​
Outcome:
Damage: 6​
Strain 3​

Leaving this here before I lose it

BG4fLWg.jpg
Rolls of 4, 5, 6 on the Bryn chart for the first segment.

4You barely escape a Bryn'adul patrol. +1 damage or +1 crew strain
5Uneventful. This is tense and desolate space. +1 crew strain.
6A t'landa Til refugee ship shares its tales of genocide in passing. +2 crew strain.

Junkfort station is always an eventful stop. You can buy and sell almost everything here as long as you don't need something shiny and new off the factory line. I'm not after something manufactured. I trade in truths that people do no want intercepted on the increasingly unreliable holonet. My ship is small, but so is a datacard.

Someone needs a datacard taken into Hutt space. No questions asked. Not to the seller. Word is that this holds a list of names of undercover agents in Rim space. Hutt will probably sell to the highest bidder. My contact is on Nimban. Than means risking the Bryn front.

I barely catch any sleep. On my own, if I get pulled out by an interdictor I'm dead if I'm not at the helm. My hands shake from the caf when A bryn patrol is barely a few thousand kilometres away from where I emerge from my first jump. They give chase. I'm faster than they are but the shields nearly blow out as I'm struck before I can make the jump.

The longest stretch. Nerves on fire. Caf now looking like a mistake. Nothing.

Coreward to Nimban. A bastion surviving in a sea of destruction. When my sensors fire off I swear my heart was close to sticking in my throat. Refugee ships. Queuing up for provisions. The local authority says there is no room. A slip down to the ground to meet my contact. Over the open channels they talk of the atrocities being committed. I decide to pick up more fuel. This isn't a run for cruising to save credits.

Last edited:
Personal Log: Grand Marshal Cotan Sar'andor

I had gone through to plan out the most careful route I could. Quick, fast, takes us through a minimum of dangerous territory; as much as I wanted to be able to go in and help anybody who was straggling behind or grab anything they left in the Scar Worlds, with only two ships to work with, it just wasn't safe enough. Maybe if I'd had another week to prepare, to put together a larger group of vessels...but no, not for this. There are still people who are in the line of fire, waiting until the Bryn'adul pass over their systems, and they're the ones I need to focus on right now.

I hate running triage like this.

What I hate even more is how, as soon as I made the first jump, I came out of it without the other ship next to me. Gamorr to Near Pando; I'd told her a thousand times before we decided to start. Apparently Kiss decided to collude with her, not telling me what bearings she decided to actually take when she went off to Arami. If that wasn't bad enough, we had to stop to help out a ship full of t'landa Til refugees; I've never been the best at consoling people from anything like what they've been through, and it would've been nice to have Asha with me, because she at least knows how to talk to groups better than I do. This was already stressful enough, already was going to be stressful enough, before she decided to break from the plan without at least giving me a heads up.

Yes, Kiss, I know, she knew I'd say no, you don't have to remind me.

After that, everything was smooth sailing. Ran into a mechanic on Far Pando; while there wasn't really anything wrong with the ship, I was able to trade some supplies back and forth with him, and he did do me the favour of giving my shield generators a quick tune-up after I told him what I was up to. Nice guy. Met up with a herd ship near Xolu, had a nice meal with them, and then didn't run into anything on my way to Hollastin. They've already got some evacuation efforts under way; right now, it was just transporting some supplies and aid that they needed me to do. I dropped off what I had for them, and picked up the next shipment.

Next stop: Groth. Yay, Hutt Space.

Gamorr to Near Pando: 1d20 = 17
Near Pando to Far Pando: 1d12 = 11
Far Pando to Xolu: 1d12 = 9
Xolu to Hollastin: 1d12 = 6

sFvcqxf.png

Outcome: 0 Damage, 0 'Crew' Strain

Plus one quintillion personal strain because of Lief Lief

Aboard the Saegassum | Crew : Xin Boa ,Brak, Adric Typhe
Personal Log

I know the boys aboard were disappointed when I suggested hauling the cargo through Bryn'adul held space. It was like asking our horrible luck to somehow turn and shine upon us for a few brief jumps. Not that our luck had been running flush within the last several months. My counter argument was it might shake some of the bounty hunters off of our tails and off the trail of Adric. Those foolish enough to follow through might get chewed up and prove a distraction. Its a nice thought I like to keep no matter what happens.

Its been quiet thus far and being no strangers to long-haul hyperspace jobs we've been trying to keep our normal routine aboard. Only difference was the agreed upon decision to not take shifts as we normally do, all four of us are constantly 'working' so to speak during the duration of these hauls. Its making for some tense times and lack of sleep but Brak and I have managed to keep our game of sabacc going. I'm currently down ten credits, barabels are tough opponents.

We were able to salvage a bit off a dead ship before running into a Bryn'adul fleet shortly after. Not sure how we escaped this fleet, it was massive. I'm talking war fleet massive. I am not educated much on the Bryn'adul so I am uncertain if this is a normal occurrence or if they were gearing up for something special. I don't care to stick around and find out.

Quiet sailing to Nimban after that mild panic attack. Cargo delivered, gathering more. A small break before onto Groth. Brak hopes to gamble against someone other than myself.

Junkfort to Sriluur [Scar] , Roll 5 (+1 Crew)
Sriluur to Dirha [Scar], Roll 3 ( -2 Damage, second roll 11 +1 Crew)
Dirha to Cyborrea [Scar], Roll 7 (+3 Damage, -1 Crew)
Cyborrea to Sionia [Scar], Roll 2 (+1 Crew)
Sionia to Nimban [Normal], Roll 11 (-1 Damage)

Damage : 2/10 , Crew : 1/10

Last edited:
OOC/ If you've already done your first post - Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Lief Lief Delila Castillon Delila Castillon Kirk Korrado - do your second whenever you like. There's no requirement that every participant be on the same stage at the same time.

If you haven't done your first post yet or haven't decided whether to join or are just Figuring Out Some Stuff - Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian Saija Kwann Saija Kwann Vetru Vetru Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku - don't worry, we haven't moved past you. Just do your post(s) whenever you like. This is an endurance and survival race, not a finish-first race.

IC/
INDEPENDENT STARSHIP 'STONEHEART SLEEN'

My next destination is Groth, deep in the warrens of the Bootana Hutta (OOC/ Look here for a concrete list of planets with blurry names in that region.). Groth has a reputation for gladiator combat and I mean to take on passengers: manumitted gladiators from the species that the Drael have decimated. Barabels, for example. A complication: I'm informed that a Jedi Knight has begun tracking me, and may actually know my destination. I'm taking an alternate route to shake him off.

This is not their first venture through Bryn'adul space, but my crew remains tense. Peace is merely anticipation of violence.

Apparently my aphorism was prophetic. We traded shots with Bryn'adul raiders and were forced to hurry along. I'm concerned about our shielding systems holding up. The
Vengeance is Mine has plenty of new scars.

A small reprieve: another eviscerated Hutt Lord vessel off Kor Hestilic. Jewels and salvage glittered around the wreck in a drifting cloud that we scooped up with ease. But the good spirits did not last. After another tense jump, we found a second shipwreck - this one a refugee ship of my people. I took the time to give them a proper burial, gathering the bodies into their vessel and then immolating it. I also secured any personal effects, as well as DNA samples. Hopefully I can give peace to their families, if any family members survive. Doing right by the dead brought us as much peace as the tension could afford.

An unexpected blessing: we encountered an Ithorian herd ship just after crossing the SJC lines. I cautioned them against venturing this close to the front. They shared a delicious meal with us and my crew is in excellent spirits. We made landfall at Groth as planned. I remain concerned by the level of damage my ship has taken. We've narrowly escaped the Drael in two shooting engagements. Few captains, few ships, can say the same.

Compared to that, I almost don't care if some Jedi catches up.

JUMPDIETABLEROLLEFFECTCURRENT DMGCURRENT STRAIN
Nimban to Kor Nasirii (#1 on the map)d20Normal5+1 crew strain3/104/10
Kor Nasirii to Kor Vosadii (#2 on the map)d12Scar Worlds9+1 damage4/104/10
Kor Vosadii to Kor Hestilic (#4 on the map)d12Scar Worlds10-3 crew strain4/101/10
Kor Hestilic to Mulatand12Scar Worlds5+1 crew strain4/102/10
Mulatan to Gos Huttad12Scar Worlds3-2 crew strain + roll4/100/10
Mulatan to Gos Hutta (2nd roll)d12Scar Worlds2+1 crew strain4/101/10
Gos Hutta to Kor Desilijicd12Normal9Remove crew strain4/100/10
Kor Desilijic to Grothd12Normal6-1 crew strain4/100/10

FINAL CONDITION: Damage 4/10, crew strain 0/10
WAYPOINTS: 2/3

Last edited:

Kirk Korrado

K
Captain’s Log
Nimban ---> Groth

I was a little hesitant to leave Nimban. Part of me just wanted to go back, but I knew I wouldn’t get the chance to travel Hutt Space like I used to ever again. My normal route from about a decade back, when I first started smuggling, was to hop from Nimban to the Bootana Hutta, but reports said most of those worlds were crawling with bad guys. Usually I’d only continue on to Sleheyron if I was making the Kessel Run. Thankfully I wasn't.

There was still no trouble on the hyperlane from Nimban to Sleheyron, and I was getting pretty nervous. The longer I didn’t run into a problem, I figured the worse it would be when I did. +1 Crew Strain.

Turns out I was right. First Bryn patrol hit me between Sleheyron and Mulatan. I’ve never flown so fast in my life. It was a single big ship, and it managed to do some damage to my engines as I was flying away. +1 Damage.

The second Bryn patrol was lighter, only a few fighters, but they still got some hits on me before G5 managed to take them out on the turret. I was bricking it to Gos Hutta, and I was able to relax once I got out of Bryn space. +1 Damage.

The route from Gos Hutta to Kor Desilijic was completely clear, and I was able to let my guard down since I was off a main hyperlane. -1 Crew Strain.

I got to Groth with no more problems, and finally found a place to relax. I haven’t found anybody who can fix a ship, but I sure as hell found someone to fix me a drink. It’s like there's no war here. The people are so entertained they forget there’s an outside galaxy. That at least helped me relax a bit. I tried my hand at a casino, much more my speed than blood sports, while I knocked back some malt liquor. It was cheap and strong enough that I didn’t care about the awful taste. Defining this stuff as malt or liquor in the Galactic Alliance is probably a felony. Remove all Crew Strain.

Well, it's not all fun and rainbows. What was gonna be a few days of drunken revelry before I slink back to Coruscant is being cut short. I got a message about another job, and [redacted] isn’t messing around with it. I’m supposed to pick up a Jedi named [redacted] from a world called Nadiem as soon as possible. It's deep in Bryn territory on the other side of Hutt Space, but that’s just my luck. I’m gonna keep unwinding here tonight and set out in the morning.

O26SldV.jpg
Nimban to Sleheyron: 11 (Scar Worlds)
Sleheyron to Mulatan: 4 (Scar Worlds)
Mulatan to Gos Hutta: 4 (Scar Worlds)
Gos Hutta to Kor Desilijic: 2 (Normal Space)
Kor Desilijic to Groth: 3 (Normal Space)

CREW STRAIN: 0/10
DAMAGE: 2/10
WAYPOINT: 2/4

Was actually very friendly
Antarian Ranger patrols noted var Imret's raider crossing the border near Gos Hutta, and again at Groth. He took some route that eluded me, and his lead is longer than it should be. I've made the choice to shave some time off in a dangerous way: a shortcut off the Pabol Hutta to Kor Desilijic. Force be with me.

Sleheyron is a major crossroads and Bryn'adul traffic is significant. I was unable to avoid patrols. My Y-Wing held up, but the fighting escape left me shaken, and I don't have time to center myself in the Force. Serenity is for afterwards.

On the Pabol Hutta between Sleheyron and Mulatan, I encountered a major Bryn'adul fleet. This time my fighter sustained significant damage. But the Force was with me, brought peace to my heart, and I escaped again.

I caught var Imret's scent off Mulatan: a burial-in-space for a ruined Kubaz refugee ship. I can only hope there were survivors, regardless of whether those survivors might bolster var Imret's forces. His work here, his pain and theirs, tainted this place with the dark side. I meditated for a time - time I didn't have - to calm the waters.

During my offroad jump I almost collided with another wreck, this one some Huttese pleasure yacht. I did what I could for the dead and found a small safe containing a significant quantity of durindfire gems. They'll bolster Jedi humanitarian efforts for years.

It feels right to bring these places peace, even if it makes capturing var Imret less likely. I didn't catch up with him at Groth, but a mechanic did alleviate some of the damage from my last two Bryn'adul escapes.

Nimban > Sleheyrond12Scar Worlds11 crew strain1/102/10
Sleheyron > Mulatand12Scar Worlds73 damage, -1 strain4/101/10
Mulatan > Kor Desilijicd20Scar Worlds3-2 strain, roll again4/100/10
2nd rolld20Scar Worlds10-3 strain4/100/10
Kor Desilijic > Grothd12Normal5-1 damage3/100/10

WAYPOINTS: 2/3

Aboard
'Pilgrim'
Nadiem -> Groth | Waypoint Two

uDAHm72.png

Nadiem was understandably desolate. The world was evacuated already long before we arrived, and save for the odd eopi prowling through what remained of the former civilization all was quiet below. We were able to find a few supplies that never made it to the ships before the Bryn'adul swept in, but we did not linger long. Hopefully one day their oppressive grasp of this region will falter, and those who were able to escape returned to the homes they'd once known.
For now we turn our sights to the next objective. We could continue up through Bryn'adul space but I worry whether our ship would take the strain of yet more fleets which patrol the area, and though my crew is handling the devastation well enough for now I feel certain that delving deeper still might have lasting effects. As such I have made the executive decision to perform a more dangerous jump, off the beaten path. To Droxu. I can only hope that we reach the other side in one piece...
We made it! By some small miracle we actually made it! I'm not often one for wandering off the beaten path when there are others present. Alone I would take such a risk without giving it much thought, but we have many onboard this small vessel now and for some their very survival rests on whether or not we can get them into Silver space. I am elated that we have made it this far. We almost came upon a patrol of Bryn'adul ships, but we were able to evade them. My crew are still reeling from the experience, I have no doubt many among them believed that we would be lost to the stars. But we are safe, we are alive, and we have just one more stop to make before we reach the edge of this devastated region.
There was no need to linger long around that moon. Droxu was quiet as we passed her by, and though we relayed a message down to the surface there was nothing to receive it. As we head now toward Nar Haaska I am left to reflect upon all that we have experienced thus far, and how it truly pales in comparison to what the natives of these worlds must have experienced in recent years. My heart breaks for all who have been dispersed, and all who have been lost. As quiet as this leg of our journey is proving to be, I do not think there is one among our crew that is not similarly feeling the somber strain and unease that lingers evermore.
Nar Haaska held life still.
Perhaps its proximity to the edge of these most twisted lands has played a key part in such. So close to salvation, yet lost within its throws all the same. We descended to this world without hesitation, and brought upon our vessel as many as we could. As many as were willing. It is not a large vessel, certainly it is not meant to house as many as we did, but the journey to Saqqar should be a swift one if my trust in the Force is well placed, and from there it is but a short jump to Tisht where many will find at least temporary safety until they can journey on to greener pastures. Some were unwilling to join us, too lost in their ways and customs to risk losing more than they already had. We could not, nay would not, force their hands. Supplies were left in our wake, and I will make sure to send more of our Blue Crest brethren their way in the coming weeks. Perhaps by then more might be inclined to accept rescue...
Our journey to Saqqar was filled with a certain serenity we had been lacking since the start of this venture. As luck would have it, one among those refugees we picked up on Nar Haaska happened to be none other than a Jedi of the Silver Order. They led many of our passengers, and the crew that were not immediately essential, in meditative sequences which did much to ease their turbulent minds. Though I do not waver from my duties to join them, the knowledge that they are receiving such respite has eased mine also. Could this be a sign of better times ahead? Still I cannot help but feel dismayed by all those we could not bring with us. Those who refused our aid, or whose worlds did not lie upon the route we took. I know that I cannot bear responsibility for the entire Galaxy, but I wish there was more that I could do all the same. We passed Saqqar by with hardly a glance. Its surface is icy and barren, and holds little that could be of use to us. We must hasten now to Tisht.
Finally we have come upon a world where my dear Pilgrim might know respite same as the crew which serves her. Though there is still much to fix, the mechanic we found on Tisht has done wonders toward mending her. Much of those we had taken onboard throughout the realm of the Bryn'adul have chosen to take their leave of her all the same, some have family here who were able to escape before the horde fell upon them, others are simply ready to take charge of their lives once more. Our Jedi friend has offered to join us at least until we reach Groth, and from there who knows where the Force might lead him. We go now to M'Hanna, and my crew will know further respite at the hands of the Silver Sage.
We passed the world by without fanfare for there was little upon its surface. There are a great many worlds such as this within our vast Galaxy, and though we might have found one or two beings there my sensors did not pick up anything. We should not waste time or fuel on such without due cause, so on we now go to Varl. It is quieter now, with most of our passengers gone. No doubt we'll pick up more before this venture is over.
Varl proved almost as fruitful as Tisht in that we happened upon another mechanic. They were unable to do quite so much as our former friend, but even so the engine is sounding much better since their once over. We were also able to refuel and stock the supplies we'd willingly left behind in Bryn'adul space. From here we head to Gos Hutta, and as more distance is put between us as the scar worlds I feel some weight lifting from my aching shoulders. I will not forget the plight of those we left behind, though. With a greater crew, and more vessels, we might be able to do more for them in coming months. One can only hope...
The Gos Hutta system provided us with more mechanical means. We stopped by a station, picked up a couple of dispersed refugees who had made it this far of their own volition and intend upon bringing them further into safe space. More of my beloved vessel has been tended to. We go now toward Kor Desilijik. It is here that the Barabel's we took on earlier wish to depart. With the help of the Jedi they have remained subdued and placid, with any luck they will leave us without incident. We shall find out soon enough.
It was so. Our journey was uneventful, and the Barabel's took their leave with nary more than a hiss in our direction. We left them with some supplies, though they did not seem wholly sure of the aid we offered, still skeptic even after the length of our journey together. This is fine, of course, I do not expect their very natures to be changed by one good deed. Still we leave them on good terms. On to the next Waypoint, where surely we'll find many who might want respite from the confines of their world. Groth is a brutal planet, though barely by comparison to those we had known from the Scars. If any among them wish for a way out of their gladiatorial lives, a means to exist without constant strife, we shall provide them with such. Slavery should not be abided, and any man who would refuse them a way out of their service would surely be some sort of slave-keeper. Time will tell, for all I know in my many ignorances there will be none who wish to leave.
We come upon Groth and have experienced the last of what our fine Silver friend has to offer. My crew is in higher spirits now, they are at peace and relaxed, and we owe our unending gratitude to the Jedi who traveled the length of this journey with us. What business they have on this world I am not privy to, I would not pry, but I wish them well all the same. Now to head out there myself, to see if there is any among them who wish for a simpler life elsewhere. From here we turn our sights to the next waypoint.
I must admit, I did not expect to get this far. With how fate had treated us within Bryn'adul space I felt certain we would have to veer off course and leave the race behind. Should it come to victory or the wellbeing of my crew I will always pick the latter. There is no glory worth risking the lives of another. Of this I am most certain.

uDAHm72.png

Rolls:

Nadiem -> Droxu. Offroad. Scar Space: 4 (+1 Strain. Bryn Patrol. Damage: 6 | Strain: 4)
Droxu -> Nar Haska. Scar Space: 8 (+1 Strain. Uneventful. Damage: 6 | Strain: 5)
Nar Haska -> Saqqar. Normal Space: 7 (-1 Strain. Silver Jedi Healer. Damage: 6 | Strain: 4)
Saqqar -> Tisht. Normal Space: 8 (-2 Damage. Good Mechanic. Damage: 4 | Strain: 4)
Tisht -> M'Hanna. Normal Space: 7 (-1 Strain. Silver Jedi Healer. Damage: 4 | Strain: 3)
M'Hanna -> Varl. Normal Space: 5 (-1 Damage. Good Mechanic. Damage: 3 | Strain: 3)
Varl -> Gos Hutta. Normal Space: 11 (-1 Damage. Good Mechanic. Damage: 2 | Strain: 3)
Gos Hutta -> Kor Desilijik. Normal Space: 12 (-1 Strain. Uneventful. Damage: 2 | Strain: 2)
Kor Desilijik -> Groth. Normal Space: 7 (-1 Strain. Silver Jedi Healer. Damage: 2 | Strain: 1)

Outcome:

Damage: 2
Strain 1

Last edited:
Hey y’all, I’m a little behind on posting for other threads since the Invasion is happening. I’m just going to drop my rolls and results here, then I will come back and add my logs later. Thanks!

(0) Damage, (0) Crew Strain

Deysum -> Randon | Roll: 5 | You find a good mechanic. -1 damage. | (0) Damage, (0) Crew Strain

Randon -> Chalacta | Roll: 4 | You encounter the Wretched Hive, and Dingo Darr owes you a favor. Remove all damage. | (0) Damage, (0) Crew Strain

Chalacta -> Ilos | Roll: 12 | Uneventful. This region is peaceful and secure. -1 crew strain. | (0) Damage, (0) Crew Strain

Ilos -> Ilos Minor | Roll: 7 | Silver Jedi healer. -1 crew strain. | (0) Damage, (0) Crew Strain

Ilos Minor -> Na Kreeta (Bryn Space) | Roll: 11 | Uneventful. This is tense and desolate space. +1 crew strain. | (0) Damage, (1) Crew Strain

Nar Kreeta -> Nimban (Bryn Space) | Roll: 4 | You barely escape a Bryn'adul patrol. +1 damage or +1 crew strain. | (1) Damage, (1) Crew Strain

———
(1) Damage, (1) Crew Strain

Nimban -> Sleheyron (Bryn Space) | Roll: 12 | You barely escape a Bryn'adul patrol. +1 damage or +1 crew strain. | (2) Damage, (1) Crew Strain

Sleheyron -> Mulatan | Roll: 5 | You find a good mechanic. -1 damage. | (1) Damage, (1) Crew Strain

Mulatan -> Gos Hutta (Bryn Space) | Roll: 6 | A t'landa Til refugee ship shares its tales of genocide in passing. +2 crew strain. | (1) Damage, (3) Crew Strain

Gos Hutta -> Kor Cesiijik | Roll: 11 | You find a good mechanic. -1 damage. | (0) Damage, (3) Crew Strain

Kor Cesiij -> Groth | Roll: 9 | You encounter an Ithorian herd ship. The Priests of the Mother Jungle share a delicious, albeit vegan, meal with you. Remove all crew strain. | (0) Damage, (0) Crew Strain

Kirk Korrado

K
Captain’s Log
Groth ---> Nadiem

This morning I got back on the road again, and took the back routes through the eastern Bootana. The route back to Kor Desilijic was peaceful, and I felt like I had a good start on what was otherwise a hell of a journey. -1 Crew Strain, but at 0 already.

I stopped for some breakfast at Huloon. The place was kind of a ghost world, but the quiet in the diner I chose was perfect for working off my hangover. Another Jedi was asking around about passage to Nal Hutta. It’s nice to see them so active in helping, but I had to turn her down since I was going the opposite way. -1 Crew Strain, but at 0 already.

By the time we got to Kor Anjiliac, G5 had managed to fix a little bit of the damage the ship had taken running the Pabol Hutta. He’s a good little mechanic. A bit feisty, but he knows well enough that his behind is on the line for this mission too. -1 Damage.

I stopped at Langoona for some more food and touch up on supplies before I hit the Dead Road, and enemy territory soon after that. There was another Jedi begging for a ride like the last few. He damn near followed me to my ship before I turned around and lost it at him. You’d think Jedi would have their own damn ships if they needed to get around so much. +1 Crew Strain.

On the jump to Bootana Shagplan I helped G5 fix up the last bit of damage. This ship will never be good as new, but it’ll at least keep us going for now. -2 Damage.

I was getting worried about the state of the ship on the way to Elgit. Soon enough we’d be entering Bryn’adul territory again, and it had only taken a few of their ships before to put me on edge. I had G5 run another systems scan to put my mind at ease. -1 Damage, but already at 0.

We crossed into Bryn space between Elgit and Zisia. It was clear and so far so good, but I remembered to keep my guard a little higher. They could get me at any point. -1 Crew Strain.

My nerves were getting tense as we got to Ulmatra. The next jump would be the longest of this journey, and if I got pulled out of hyperspace at any point along it I was as good as dead. There was still no sign of anyone around Ulmatra, good guy or bad. +1 Crew Strain.

The jump from Ulmatra to Formos was similarly quiet and tense. I knew if anything happened I could get off at Kessel, but that was another can of worms I really didn’t want to open. It was bad enough out on an open route, never mind navigating the Maw with Drael on my tail. +1 Crew Strain.

On the jump between Formos and Aduba I picked up a distress signal. I thought it could be a trap, but it was coming from a ship registered with a Hutt Lord. Turned out it was legit, and I’m glad I stopped. I put on my spacesuit and went out into the wreckage of what appeared to be a Hutt ship, like the beacon had said. They must have activated it before they got blown to bits. There were no survivors, and the large safe inside had been picked clean already. I did manage to find a big golden hookah pipe. Whoever had been here before either didn’t see it or underestimated its worth. I know at least 3 Hutts in the core who would kill to have a piece like this. I lugged it aboard my own ship and I’ve got it sitting next to me. At least this trip wasn’t entirely for nothing, and if I die out here at least whoever finds me will remember me for my exquisite tastes. -3 Crew Strain.

I got chased by another patrol between Aduba and Glottal. I’m starting to learn some of their tricks, and I got away without a scratch. Unfortunately they must have told their buddies about me. +1 Crew Strain

It’s like they were waiting for me at Nadiem, or maybe I just got unlucky and ran into their blockade. I’ve run blockades before, but this one was vicious. They had no rules or regulations, or even organized patrol schedules from the looks of it. It was more like a swarm. They did quite a number on me before I was able to get through. Luckily The Long Run is small and fast. I was amazed I even made it through, and it felt damn good when I did. +3 Damage, -1 Crew Strain.

I’m at the rendezvous point on Nadiem right now. It seems I wasn’t followed down here. I guess they know I’ll have to come back out through their blockade again. I don’t know when this Jedi is supposed to show, I just hope he doesn’t bring a horde of those things chasing after him.

Groth to Kor Desilijic: 6 (Normal Space)
KD to Huloon: 7 (Normal Space)
Huloon to Kor Anjiliac: 11 (Normal Space)
KA to Langoona: 1 (Normal Space)
Langoona to Bootana Shagplan: 8 (Normal Space)
BS to Elgit: 5 (Normal Space)
Elgit to Zisia: 12 (Scar Worlds)
Zisia to Ulmatra: 5 (Scar Worlds)
Ulmatra to Formos: 11 (Scar Worlds)
Formos to Aduba: 10 (Scar Worlds)
Aduba to Glottal: 1 (Scar Worlds)
Glottal to Nadiem: 7 (Scar Worlds, Off-Route Jump)

CREW STRAIN: 0/10
DAMAGE: 3/10
WAYPOINT: 3/4

We traveled in company with the Ithorians for a few more hours, but they were unable or unwilling to give me what I actually need: repairs and combat consumables. I quarreled with their High Priest of the Mother Jungle and we parted ways near Kor Desilijic. The mood grew grim, and grimmer still when we crossed paths with another t'landa Til ship more interested in mourning than action, let alone vengeance. They proved useless when a Bryn'adul raid blundered into us off Langoona. The t'landa Til ship became yet another grave without a tombstone, without firing a shot. Together we might have driven back the Drael ship, but alone I had to retreat.

I bless the name Bootana Shagplan, a nothing world where a decent mechanic took the edge off. But the mechanic died when the Bryn'adul pursued us. Morale remains dubious - both mine and the crew's. This has been a fool's errand, despite the valuables we've taken on.

Better repairs at Elgit, a crossroads, just before a long offroad jump from Sakifwanna to a research station orbiting the Godsheart Pulsar. Had a tense faceoff with a ship called the Wretched Hive - a crew of outlaw techs, ship modification specialists. In the end I paid them entirely too much (out of that Hutt loot) and they gave the 'Vengeance is Mine' a thorough workup. They didn't interfere with my errand at the research station, not even when it turned violent.

Groth to Kor Desilijicd12Normal9Remove all strain4/100/10
Kor Desilijic to Huloon (#13 on map)d12Scar Worlds11+1 strain4/101/10
Huloon to Kor Anjiliac (#14 on map)d12Scar Worlds6+2 strain4/103/10
Kor Anjiliac to Langoonad12Scar Worlds9+1 strain4/104/10
Langoona to Bootana Shagplan (#15 on map)d12Normal5-1 damage3/104/10
Bootana Shagplan to Elgitd12Normal10-1 strain3/103/10
Elgit to Sakifwannad12Normal8-2 damage1/103/10
Sakifwanna to the Godsheartd20Normal4Remove all damage0/103/10

Last edited:

Aboard
'Pilgrim'
Groth -> Nimban | Waypoint Three

uDAHm72.png

Groth proved... eventful.
There were many who expressed a desire to leave the world, though oddly enough none of them were gladiators. I had expected many of the fighters to be seeking a better life, but this just goes to show how naïve my worldview can be at times. Here they are stars, they are well known and loved by the natives, and despite it all they make quite the living. Death does not seem to phase them. It's strange, but I cannot judge them for it. They're living like kings... Who can blame them?
Still we made off with a fair few strays and refugees. It is nice to have a bustling ship once more, it had gotten dreadfully quiet for a time there, and lost within space with little more than one's own thoughts that can easily be a recipe for disaster. Now to make our way to Nimban.
Our first stop along this route was Kor Desilijik, and having just come from there we thought it prudent to leave the Barabels in peace to figure out their new lives. We passed the world by without pause, and now head back toward Gos Hutta. It's eerily quiet at the moment, our journey has been unimpeded, and the crew seem wholly at ease. I'm glad there's some respite in store for them before we head back toward the Scar Worlds.
Gos Hutta provided us with another beacon of hope; a Jedi of the Silver Order has chosen to join us on our venture to Nimban, and though our men are already in a state of placid peace his mere presence helps in keeping them relieved. We're nearing Bryn'adul space now, with any luck his presence will keep my crew in good spirits despite the darkness we're headed into.
Our journey to Mulatan was punctuated by the presence of an I'lana Til refugee ship. Once more we bore the brunt of their mental strain, we listened to their woes and consoled them as best we could. It had added some strain to our crew, they feel so heavily for those we share this hyperlane with, but we are more than happy to shoulder that burden. After all, they are trained in Blue Crest protocol just as much as I am. Even here, even in the throws of space, our desire to aid all lingers on.
Mulatan was quiet. If we ever need a reminder of the destructive power of sentients we need only look to places such as this. It is devastating to behold. We picked up a couple of people but we cannot get a story out of them. They are quiet, shell-shocked. The Jedi is working alongside our medics to try and help them out, but time will tell. I feel certain that they will know peace once more in their future.
As we neared Sleheyron we happened upon a Bryn'adul patrol fleet. I do not know how we managed to keep from being blown to smithereens but once again we narrowly avoided annihilation and got the heck out of there. The ship took a decent hit as we fled, and when we reached Sleheyron itself we touched down to give it a quick once over. Our efforts were overshadowed by the emergence of a small group of runaway slaves. Naturally we brought them onboard, and not knowing how soon their masters might follow we hastily departed. With any luck the ship will remain in one piece until we can next find a mechanic, or make a safer stop than those afforded us in this region of space.
Once more we were joined by an I'lana Til refugee ship. Not the same one as before, their story was slightly different from the rest. At this point my crew has grown accustomed to bearing the brunt of their grief though, it still weighs heavy on them but we are eager to listen, offer to do so even. I know all too well how much an ear can mean to those who have lost everything, and worry that even their voices mean little now that they are without. We have offered to give them some of our supplies once we reach Nimban. It is the least that we can do.

uDAHm72.png

Rolls:

Groth -> Kor Desilijik. Normal Space: 6 (-1 Strain. Uneventful. Damage: 2 | Strain: 0)
Kor Desilijik -> Gos Hutta. Normal Space: 7 (11 Strain. Silver Jedi Healer. Damage: 2 | Strain: 0)
Gos Hutta -> Mulatan. Scar Space: 6 (+2 Strain. Refugee Ship. Damage: 2 | Strain: 2)
Mulatan -> Sleheyron. Scar Space: 4 (+1 Damage. Bryn'adul Patrol. Damage: 3 | Strain: 2)
Sleheyron -> Nimban. Scar Space: 6 (+2 Strain. Refugee Ship. Damage: 3 | Strain: 4)

Outcome:

Damage: 3
Strain 4

Kirk Korrado

K
Captain’s Log
Nadiem ---> Leaving Huttspace

The Jedi arrived, pretty beat up, with a pack of Drael after him. I got him aboard and punched the engine. I let him sit back as I got us through the blockade again. There was no slipping through. We had to squeeze. The ship has seen far better days, though I’m just glad we got out at all. +3 Damage and -1 Crew Strain, but already at 0.

We met a small fleet of T’landa Til near Teth and flew with them the Rampa Minor. Their captain told me of what the Bryn’adul had done to their homes. I’m not gonna repeat it here for my own sake and whoever might read this. +2 Crew Strain.

A Bryn patrol hit us at Dilbana. I gunned it and we made it out fine. I don’t think the T’landa Til can say the same, unfortunately. I hope they made it out too, but I’m not so sure. +1 Crew Strain.

The Bryn caught up with us not long after on our way to Barab. Even in this bad condition my ship is still fast enough to outrun the bastards, though I’m worried they’ll just keep after us. +1 Crew Strain.

At Dubrava we came across another distress beacon. Too late, just like the last. The Jedi recognized it as Kubaz, and said a few words for them as we left. We couldn’t stick around. I could see it bothered him to leave so quickly, but he also knew the risk of waiting around for an enemy patrol to catch up with us.

As we left Bryn space the Jedi seemed to ease up. I don’t know what happened to him back on Nadiem, and I don’t wanna press. But it seems like something bad. Eventually he grabbed a hydrospanner and started to work on some of the damage. He said something about earning his passage, even though I told him the NJO was paying me for this job. I think he just wanted to keep his hands and his head busy. He’s a pretty good mechanic too, surprisingly enough. -1 Damage.

Conveniently enough we ran into Dingo Darr again at Arami. I swallowed my pride and called in that favour he owed me. He fixed The Long Run right up. Well, good enough to get me back to Coruscant. There’s gonna be a few bruises on this ship from this job that i’ll never get rid of. Remove all Damage.

The Jedi kept playing with the wiring on the way to Gamorr. I didn’t mind. The guy clearly went through hell, and I couldn’t care less if he fixes up the ship a little more. -1 Damage, but already at 0.

I’m having G5 run one more systems scan as we’re leaving Hutt Space. I doubt anything is wrong, but I wanna be on the safe side. It’s a long way back to Coruscant after all. -1 Damage, but already at 0.

Nadiem to Teth: 20 (Scar Worlds, Off-Route Jump)
Teth to Rampa Minor: 6 (Scar Worlds)
Rampa Minor to Dilbana: 4 (Scar Worlds)
Dilbana to Barab: 4 (Scar Worlds)
Barab to Dubrava: 3 (Scar Worlds)
Dubrava to Syvris: 5 (Normal Space)
Syvris to Arami: 4 (Normal Space) remove all d
Arami to Gamorr: 5 (Normal Space)
Gamorr to Exiting Hutt Space: 11 (Normal Space)
CREW STRAIN: 4/10
DAMAGE: 0/10
WAYPOINT: 4/4

We met with the Ithorians again, our last taste of civilization and hospitality before the final leg of our trip. All the waypoints of this errand have been completed. What matters now is leaving the area - and paying my respects to my homeworld in the process.

The Bryn'adul got our number. Three back-to-back engagements, then a close encounter with a serious fleet, have left my crew tense and my ship a ruin. Will almost certainly need to procure another one. But we've reached Junkfort Station safely, and I've made my peace with Kubindi, what remains of it at least.

JUMPDIETABLEROLLCURRENT DMGCURRENT STRAIN
The Godsheart pulsar to Elgitd20Normal90/100/10
Elgit to Zislad12Scar Worlds11/100/10
Zisla to Ulmatrad12Scar Worlds92/100/10
Ulmatra to Formosd12Scar Worlds13/100/10
Formos to Kubindid12Scar Worlds53/101/10
Kubindi to Norvald12Scar Worlds76/100/10
Norval to Gestroxd12Scar Worlds56/101/10
Gestrox to Kegand12Scar Worlds26/102/10
Kegan to Tammard12Scar Worlds116/103/10
Tammar to Junkfort Stationd12Scar Worlds127/103/10

Exeunt

Last edited:

Asha Sar'andor

A
Aboard
'Pilgrim'
Nimban -> Exit | Waypoint Four

uDAHm72.png

Nimban was surprisingly quiet; busy, filled with men and women stranded in the wake of the Bryn'adul, but quiet. In our efforts to assist the t'landa Til we discovered them surprisingly receptive to the idea of pressing on just a little while longer themselves, in the hopes that they might breach the cocoon the Bryn have over this space and in turn find greener meadows beyond. It was a tall ask of any, yet they rose to the occasion all the same. They will accompany us as far as Chalacta, and from there we will part ways. We go now to Nar Kreeta; my crew is still feeling the strain, Nimban wasn't quite so fruitful as we had been expecting. With any luck the way forward will be quiet.​
Our companion ship did not wish to linger long on Nar Kreeta; we chose instead to pass it by without stopping, afraid that the refugees would hurry along without us. We promised to see them safely to Chalacta, and in this our word is our bond. I am grateful that we chose to do so, for along the road to Ilos Minor we encountered another patrol. We were truly fortunate that both ships were able to make it out in tact; I fear the fate of our t'landan friends would not have been so kind had they been alone. I am nervous about how well Pilgrim will continue to hold up to the strain of this venture, the end is in sight but there's still plenty that could happen before we reach Randon.
The t'landan's agreed to join us in brief respite upon reaching Ilos Minor. Perhaps it would have been safer to hold out for Ilos, where we would find ourselves entirely free of the Bryn's influence, but something in the Force urged me to do so. Intuition seemed to be correct, therein we found a Healer from the Silver Jedi, who happened to be seeking passage to Randon themselves. Their mere presence has done much to bolster spirits, not just for my crew but for those who journey alongside us. There is something to be said about having a beacon of hope in the vicinity. Things are far from perfect, and the ship's been making some strange sounds. All the same, people are laughing again.
The Force has truly blessed us. As we reached Ilos one of the engines threatened to give way. One emergency stop later, and the ship's sounding much better. I cannot imagine what might have happened had we hit such problems in the midst of space, without a haven to tend to them. The mechanic even offered us a discounted rate, on account of the banner we fly; we of course declined. So close to the Scar Worlds, I reckon these people are more in need of the credits than we are. And besides, the work was good. We're entering the final leg of our journey alongside our companionship. It will be sad to see the back of them, and I hope to hear from them when they reach whatever world they deem appropriate to lay new roots.
Chalacta... Oh wonderful, merciful Chalacta. Though we are so close to the finish line, we found some much needed respite upon her hallowed grounds. With the worst most definitely behind us, we turn our thoughts toward what comes next, once all of this is over. Our ship has picked up many new faces along this strange journey, and has ferried countless more. Once laden with supplies, we find ourselves beginning to run low. But that was the purpose of all this, to bring goods and aid to those most in need, and we hope to leave this place with only the provisions necessary to see us back home. Even one extra crate in the cargo hold will feel like too much after all that we have witnessed.
We are alone once again on this ship we've called home these past however many days. Just myself and my crew, it's quiet without the others. It's as though the Universe has acknowledged this, and seen fit to reflect our newfound loneliness into the stars themselves. As we leave this slice of the Galaxy behind, all is still in the void beyond our ship. My crew breathes easy knowing that; I, however, cannot cast aside the guilt I feel for all those left behind. For those who must suffer at the hands of their oppressors just a little while longer, while hope wicks away. Our efforts here feel pitiful in comparison, as though barely a drop has touched the unwavering scale so heavily weighted against them.
I wish there was more that I could do; I leave with heavy heart.

uDAHm72.png

Rolls:

Nimban -> Nar Kreeta. Scar Space: 6 (+2 Strain. Refugee Ship. Damage: 3 | Strain: 6)
Nar Kreeta -> Ilos Minor. Scar Space: 9 (+1 Damage. Bryn'adul Patrol. Damage: 4 | Strain: 6)
Ilos Minor -> Ilos. Normal Space: 7 (-1 Strain. Silver Jedi Healer. Damage: 4 | Strain: 5)
Ilos -> Chalacta. Normal Space: 11 (-1 Damage. Good Mechanic. Damage: 3 | Strain: 5)
Chalacta -> Randon. Normal Space: 3 (Reset Strain. Rest. Damage: 3 | Strain: 0)
Randon -> Exit. 6 (-1 Strain. Uneventful. Damage: 3 | Strain: 0)

Outcome:

Damage: 3
Strain: 0

---

It only took me like 10 months folks, but I did it! <3 Thank you so much for putting this on, Jon, it was a blast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom