Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antebellum | CIS Dominion of Iktotch (U, 38)

bunibar.png
L A S T
C A L L
(Temporary)
Objective: Make a deal
Wearing: Olive Fatigues
To be honest Jorco didn't really like being here. He'd much rather be out and about with his boyz partying elsewhere. But he had a job to do, and it was busy work. He was currently sitting at a booth across from a fellow Rodian who had a reputation for being the local arms dealer.
"To be frank with you, my gang and I aren't equipped to fight a war. All I'm looking for is some high caliber, small arms for my guys alright. I'm talking simple blaster rifles, and or slug throwers. I don't care if you gotta loan them, sell them or what, but I need weapons and fast." Jorco explained to them.​
"I don't know, supplies is kinda limited, you got all these bounty hunters working for The Sith Empire who already came in and took what they needed, and I can't just loan and pawn off my arms. I got people in charge of me I don't wanna piss off. You're gonna need a better offer."
Jorco thought for a good moment, before looking back at the seller. Putting his arms on the table between them he leaned in and spoke again. "Okay, how about this, You give me the weapons I need for this war. Which by the way I'm not looking for a lot. Then after which my boyz and I deliver your next shipment into Confederate space free of charge. That way I get my guns, and you get your guns where they need to be all the while increasing your influence in the CIS underworld. How does that sound?"
"Mr. Czeku I think that'll actually work out really well. You have yourself a deal!"
Finally, now that that was done with Jorco could get to the rest of the party.​

[SIZE=12pt]Location: Streets of Iktotch - Hole in the wall restaurant[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Objectives: Hero’s welcome[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Attire: Confederate Dauntless Commander Dress Uniform, Black leather gloves[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Weapons: A180 Blaster Pistol; strapped to her hip[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Companions: Iapo Sim[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The woman’s eager smile gave off a good vibe to the off duty commander. But in her expression, she could also see a soft look of uncomfortableness flash across her eyes. Realizing that might be due to how she was dressed and how she stood, Luna loosened her straightback, military stance slightly to give off a more comfortable vibe. The redhead tossed her hat onto the table and began to pull off her gloves, finger by finger, as she sat across from the half human, at least, that’s what she assumed to other person to be. “Thank you. Standing for an hour in that line just to get some food didn’t sound like the best time.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She shot a glance toward the one of the watiers, motioning them over. For the pair, she ordered two plates of Cushnip and two glasses of Phattro. It wasn’t the strongest alcohol in the galaxy, so she assumed one small glass was something that the other woman could easily handle. If not, well, it would be amusing at least.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As soon as the waiter left, the question seemed to the cut through the air and bring Luna’s attention quickly back to the other woman. The question seemed a tad aggressive, though she had to assume not everyone living on this planet had to be happy with the huge party and the military presence the Confederacy brought. Civilian relations were never the commanders forte, but she knew enough to know that you couldn’t please everyone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Giving a soft chuckle and smile towards the horned hybrid, she nodded before responding in as even a tone as she could, trying to not instigate anything. “You could say that. Though not with the majority of army. I work for a…much smaller segment of the entire army. Special operations, I guess you could call it."[/SIZE]

H E R O ‘ S
W E L C O M E

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Hidden Wrist Blades
Tags: feel free to join

x7K6md.png

Another day, another social events for the Confederates. After the overly busy schedule of Life Day events, Madalena was more than certain that she never ever wanted to attend another one ever again. It was a good resolve. It was a strong resolve. It was a resolve that only lasted a few days before it was broken.

At least this time though, she did not have to worry about acquiring appropriate clothing. No. Instead, she had signed up for the simplest of things she could do while attending – guard duty. As a Knight Obsidian, this ought to have been part of her regular schedule anyway, even though now that she thought about it, it wasn't something she'd actually ever done. But with her skills at fighting things that ought to die, sticking the pointy end of her weapons in those who opposed the Confederacy, and contaminating water supplies, this seemed as a safe of a bet as any.

If nothing else, it meant that her attention was not on socializing with others, interacting with others, or painting a fake smile on her face as she did her utter best not to stab someone.

Life Day events had definitely been too many in too little time. The Sithling was still feeling their effects, mingled with the stress of her fight with her twin brother, and that sharp loneliness that had stabbed her during one of the parties despite the fact that most people loved her and she had a beautiful and varied assortment of friends she could trust her life with.

So yeah. Guard duty. Sometimes the simplest, was the bestest.

Objectives: Taking a stroll without creating problems
Attire: Dark pants/ prison-issued shirt and a jacket.
Weapons: kitchen knife in her boot/ broken BlasTech DL-22 in her backpack

Iapo eyed the half-empty tumbler of purple liquid. The lights of the restaurant where reflected in it. Her stomach was full, the atmosphere was nice and the slight haze of alcohol made her feel languid and satisfied. She remembered alcohol as the clear hootch she’d tried the few time the mine workers gave her some after she had done repairs on the mining platforms of her home planet. Back then the alcohol had been bitter and burning and the company grim and silent, here, in the cozy little restaurant, the alcohol was warm and flavorful and the company was amicable and said interesting things.

An additional[SIZE=11pt] glass and half an hour later, Iapo knew a lot more about the Dauntless Commando that she ever thought she would. The military woman, commander Terrick was her name, seemed to come alive talking about her team. Another glass and [/SIZE]Iapo too began to open up. She talked about her work before she left her home, a few embarrassing anecdotes about her mishaps of the last few months.
She caught herself feeling whistful of that squad the woman was describing. And soon she found herself considering what it would be like to join it, emboldened by the alcohol. She was fit and agile from years of climbing to the top of frozen mountainsides, she could listen and obey. She knew about the inner workings of blasters and propulsors and security systems in ways that few could surpass. She could land a shot with a blaster at a distance of a hundred meters or more. If she was allowed to take the gun apart and to modify it she could make it twice the distance. And if her time in prison had taught her anything its that she could hold her own, unarmed, against people bigger than her and with tools which could kill her.
Another part of her was reminding her that she was only a stupid kid who knew nothing of the galaxy and even less of strategy, who had never shot with anything bigger than a D-17 Blaster pistol and had never piloted anything except an old, clunky snow-speeder. And this, this chance encounter, was only that: a free meal, an interesting conversation but inconsequential in the long run.

To chase away the bad taste this thought left in her mouth she gestured for another drink and while she downed it she thought that if the member of the CIS military decided that she would only pay for the food, Iapo would lose the last of her money on the drinks.
But what a drink! The alcohol was delicious and she was back in a good mood. The food was even better. She told the commander that, repeatedly, maybe a little emphatically. Prison, however, had given her an appreciation for good food.
Taking a risk revealing her criminal past she quickly listed to the commander the impressive numbers of ways prison orderlies managed to ruin meals.
"If they don't boil the food until its lost anything resembling texture, they cook it until it tastes like salty charcoal and talking of salt, everything was over over-salted because an inmate died of the lack of sodium a few weeks before I arrived". A corner of her brain was noticing that she was rambling.

The food was actually what sobered her up a little bit and she got an enlightening realization that three glasses of Phattro on an empty stomach would get you sloshed. Well, she thought deprecatingly, what a great way to make a good impression, but resolutely pushed the embarrassment away.
Iapo looked up once again and feeling curious she said:
It sounds fascinating, that commando of yours, tell me more, well, if you still have the time and you don’t mind me taking it up”.

[member="Luna Terrik"]

Mishel Kryze

M
bunibar.png

[member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Alessandra Creed"]

"My sister demands a lot of things, you'll learn to tune her out if you haven't already. It's for the best really," Mishel replied as she tried to edge her way around the refresher to grab the new soap she got from this little place on Shimia. Mishel got a little playful, and then threatened with soap. "I see your poorly and raise you one fancy bar of soap." She turned and grabbed her loofa and gave it a good lather before applying it to her body. Their time in the shower went fairly well otherwise, no incidents or anything else that would delay their time. Still, if someone would have told Mishel that the love of her life would have been found through battle, she would've laughed in their face.

Back in their cabin, Mishel had assembled her jacket and pants just as Shia interjected, "what?"

"Oh please, it's just my sister besides Goddess only knows what we'll run into, so pants are practical." She didn't care what she wore to see the woman. Mishel kept on assembling her outfit on their bed as Shia kept on even going for the whole burlap brigade route, "I mean when have I ever ran around in a burlap sack, c'mon now." She gave Shia a wink, a reference to the robe. "Mhmmm?"

Okay. Now she had to hear this, "go on."

"I see that insidious sibling of mine has gotten to you." She declared and then came the rest of the statement, "for the record I do, unfortunately most of them are just a little bit too small now." Something about being grown in a bacta tank that some how stunted some her growth it was either that or whatever bad medical juju the First Order did. "How about this, how about I go find something down there and until then I think I can make this into a skirt?"

Mishel shuffled over to her wardrobe as small as it was and pulled out a small red dress that she wore to her first ball. "It was tight then but um, well - no one's suppose to upstage Alé. So, what about- nope also skin tight. Listen, let's just find something down there, okay?"

"And then you and my sister can conspire to get me to wear makeup or something like that." She scrunched up her nose a little and then turned to send her sister a message, that she and Shia would be on their way.

"Now, if that's settled I think I have an idea...."

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrdCBkXB91I[/media]

Objective: 3

"You've taken everything already..." Kannis snarled quiet, fists clenched under the table so hard the fingers had turned pale as he stared at Vera's pleasant, yet cold smile, her eyes studying every facet of his reaction.

"What more could you possibly want?"

"A slave." Vera said pleasantly, leaning forward, the low lighting making her otherwise lovely ivory "skin"--in actuality a highly experimental ooglith masquer--have an unpleasant pallor to it. Her blue eyes like sharp pieces of ice that looked now as if they could gore into him. Even the smile didn't look natural now.

"If you think I'll be your lapdog--" he snarled quietly.

"--I do." she interrupted in her accented tone. Her smile dropped as suddenly as glass shatters when it hits a hard surface.

"Because the alternative is...well...do I really need to spell it out?

Kannis looked crestfallen suddenly. Vera drew back.

"You really have no one but yourself to blame. I mean, really, Kannis? Blackmail a psychic vampire when you're nothing but a tabloid reporter?" she whispered. "I can admire your audacity, but not the stupidity that drove it. Nine was just going to eat your memories, but I insisted an example needed to be made. So...here you are. Getting fethed by a professional."

"Will you return my sons to me?"

"I will not." Vera said firmly. I'll send you video evidence they are alive. But if you want to keep them that way...well..."

Kannis' eyebrow raised. "You want me to get dirt on others?"

Vera nodded, smiling again. "When needed..." she said quietly so no one would hear.

"And how do you plan on ensuring my cooperation, even with that leverage?

Vera happily opened the case slightly, pulling out the little silver pill at the bottom earlier.

Kannis stared. "What is it?" the pale man asked.

"Leverage..." she answered succinctly..."Courtesy of my boss, who designed it personally. Just for you. You stick it up your nose, it burrows in there, and the moment you step out of line--lethal poison gets released directly into your brain."

"And if I don't want this thing in my nose?" Kannis asked.

"Then your sons end up my playthings....again. The older one is quite resistant to water boarding..." she mused as an afterthought. "So? Servitude? Or the maximum amount of funerals you can pay for before you yourself are killed?" she asked sweetly.

Kannis looked at her. Vera stared back with cold empty eyes, still smiling.

"You're a monster."

"Better a monster than a moron..." she gloated.

"My family was innocent."

"If I had a bag, there would be no feths in it to give to you..." Vera replied tersely, the smile dropping again as she clasped her hands on the table.

"I grow impatient. Your answer?"

[SIZE=12pt]Attire: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Confederate Dauntless Commander Dress Uniform[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Black leather gloves[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Weapons: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]A180 Blaster Pistol[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]; strapped to her hip[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Companions: [/SIZE][member="Iapo Sim"]

[SIZE=12pt]There was something…interesting about this girl. Outside of the generally interesting things of being part of heists and being in what sounded like a horrifying jail for a long time, there was just an air about the girl that made her seem like a person that Luna wanted to get to know. And nothing was better at making people open up than a little alcohol, or in the case of the hybrid sitting across from here, many glasses of it. If the commander hadn’t begun to take a keen interesting in the woman, then the fact that she was running up the tab by finishing the bottle might’ve phased her a bit more. Instead, the redhead welcomed in, and the conversation that flowed between the pair was filled with fun and tales of their adventures across the galaxy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Luna was halfway through pouring her third drink when Iapo looked up and asked her about the Dauntless unit, a subject she had seemingly been steering away from until now. Obviously there were things that she couldn’t talk about, military confidentiality and all, but it did seem like the woman was interested, and she could be a decent asset if all the experiences that the hybrid had talked about were true. “Well…we travel the galaxy. Wherever the Confederacy needs boots on the ground first, we’re there. And wherever the Confederacy needs soldiers to cover their butts while they escape, we’re the last to leave. Dauntless is in the front lines, in the trenches, and on the back front of the battlefields.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Another sip was taken from the glass, and her gaze rose up to study the woman up and down, trying to figure out exactly who was sitting across from her. She seemed like someone who was running from something, but had no idea where she was running to. Frowning slightly, Luna leaned forward and cocked an eyebrow up, staring at Iapo. “Alright, Iapo. I can tell there’s something up with you. You’re here, on this planet, for a reason. Whether or not you know why you’re here, is something else.” Leaning back in her chair, Luna crossed her arms lightly, still studying the horned woman. “So why are you here? Are you running from something? Running to join up with a military unit? Or are you looking to settle down on this….rock.”[/SIZE]

Nika Satari

N
Objective: Look for the target

The club was more lively then the half Umbaran had predicted it to be, especially with the festivities taking place around the cities streets and squares. But being alone in one far flung corner of the club let Nika gather her thoughts. Pretend that she actually wanted to be here of her own accord.

Her lip twitched.She closed her eyes. Rolled them back behind her lids til she felt them stop and strain. “Kark it…”

“Miss?”

The server was back. Nikas jaw tensed and her teeth clenched. Colour in her pale cheeks, she nodded to the server, raising her eyebrows into something that might stand in for a smile. The server poured her cup full of Corellian red and moved to leave again.

“Wait,” She said, almost a snap. “Sorry, but…” she quickly balmed her tone before leaning in over the table. “Do you know where i can procure some glitterstim?”

The server frowned. Nika looked at his face for a glance, then only pretended to look, staring past one cheek. An illusion of eyes meeting eyes. He was pug-nosed for a Mirialan, low heavy lids to his dark grey eyes, but the broad band of tattoos reminded her of old acquaintances from the days when she was but a simple cut throat for the Syndicate.

She glanced towards the bar and noticed a Rodian. Her face seemed almost surprised to find them here.

“I can find out..?” the server said.

“Be grateful if you did.” Nika replied with an almost playful yet sinister tone in her voice, smirking softly before turning to her cup of Corellian red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NWiXMWyie8

bunibar.png
O P E R A T I O N
A S S I M I L A T E

Alessandra pouted from the comfort of still-warm sheets when Adron refused to indulge the wifery tales of women that had spent too much time star-gazing. Still, the topic changed to business, and the astute creature reorganized her thoughts as if they were little more than a reference index. “War and defense is costly. Paying troops, servicing ships, providing quarters and sustenance takes credits. Most nations always have to budget that.”

“We don’t. We have droids. They don’t eat, they don’t sleep, and they’ve already been paid for.”

In that respect, the Minister of Commerce couldn’t see why they couldn’t afford one of their newest member worlds a little peace of mind. The Confederacy produced far more than it actually consumed.

Not long later found her showering, getting ready, and finally poking her head out of the refresher. Alessandra snuck out to get her pumps from the closet, but, just as she slid them on Adron returned with the snack she had requested. Chocolate eyes rose to his and crimson lips curved. He’d actually done it himself? Truthfully, she thought he’d just summon a servant droid to handle it. But…Seeing that he had taken the time to prepare it? She enjoyed it that much more.

Alessandra noticed a message from [member="Mishel Noren"] sitting on her holo-comm and she scrolled through it while daintily swallowing a piece of cracker. So, the little urchin had arrived? A little smile played across crimson lips. <You can pick up any access cards from the front desk at the Spaceport. We have a meeting first, then, Adron and I will meet you.>

By the time they left their quarters, arm in arm, she felt better. The pangs of hunger in her stomach had been satiated, for the moment, but it wouldn’t last. “Your child is trying to make me fat.”, she murmured to Adron surreptitiously, her voice all velvet, but entirely serious. The dark-haired woman couldn’t remember the last time she’d wanted to eat so many storm fruit candies in one sitting.

Her expression schooled itself into one of polite indifference when the Prime Minister of Iktotch approached them. From the state of their accommodations, she wouldn’t have expected anything less. Simple living, for simple, backwater people. Nevertheless, Alessandra saw the man for what he was. A gateway. A path to this world.

Alessandra recognized the woman headed toward the meeting room, [member="Helly Reyne"], but only barely. Every newly appointed Viceroy was added to her ledger. Especially, when a substantial amount of funds passed through their given world. Tatooine was a dry, desolate, and complicated sponge. It sucked the life from anything that came near it, sparing nothing, not even credits. Only the good Lady Danger seemed capable of turning a profit from such a dust bowl. Adron handled the greeting, regardless, and the Minister followed the Exarch as if nothing was amiss.

It wasn’t. Not really.

‘The newly appointed Viceroy of Tatooine, my love.’, she mentally responded, hoping, to end the Exarch’s inquiry. Truth be told, there were so many members of the Viceroyalty, that it was impossible to keep them all straight through day to day routines. Alessandra simply had a mind for names and a mind for numbers. Creeds, never forget. ‘I hear she is…Enjoyably eccentric.’

Ale claimed the empty seat to the right of Adron whilst [member="Efried Halbrecht"] took the seat on the other side. The onyx haired woman nodded her head at the representative from the Eternal Empire. They had been informed, prior, that the soldier would be joining for some of the more delicate ventures. Meaning, diplomacy. The Minister didn’t know if it was because Mr. Halbrecht wanted to become better-rounded or if [member="Darth Tacitus"] had demanded it. Either way, seeing that he prepared to take notes, the young woman was satisfied.

The first sign of someone with a hint of wisdom was their capacity to listen.

Ms. Reyne took the space beside her and the Minister offered her a brief smile. It was neither too kind, nor too passive, but perfectly welcoming—as it should be. Her state of dress inflamed every sense of thread count abuse that the tanned female had, however, they were on a planet full of people that seemed to like wearing sacks made of itchy brown hemp. A little plaid? In retrospect? Not so bad.

At least there was a splash of color.

“I hope your travels were comfortable, Ms, Reyne.”

Gentle conversation whilst they awaited the Prime Minister. When the man finally stepped forward, taking his place at the head of the long table, her eyes were drawn back toward his form. It seemed that he finally had something to say.

bunibar.png
O P E R A T I O N
A S S I M I L A T E
Tags: [member="Helly Reyne"] | [member="Efried Halbrecht"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alessandra Creed"]​

Ikto.png

Taeree Uhn
Prime Minister of Iktotch
The venerable Prime Minister of Iktotch, Taeree Uhn, had foreseen this meeting many times. In many ways. There were as many different possibilities for the outcome as there were stars in the evening sky. He took a moment to compose himself before following the Confederate representatives into their most aesthetically pleasing conference hall. By their standards he knew that their home would seem drab, boring even, but to the Iktotchi? It was sturdy. It was strong. Safe. The Minister gazed over the faces that had assembled while a few of his advisors took their appointed seats. He cleared his throat politely to gather focus.

"Again, I wish to thank all of you for coming."

Taeree felt a little more confident now whilst they were all seated and on an even playing field. His large hands spread in a sign of honesty. He would not deliberately mislead them or beat around the bush. "Our requests to your nation have already been made. We believe that a storm is coming."

"It would be in the best interests of our people to weather it under the umbrella of the Confederacy. Our world, our home, may soon come under attack."

It was another premonition. It could happen. It might not. It could be another civilization suffering nearby that left them with phantom waves of fear and guilt. No one could say for sure, however, it had led to the decision to reach out to the Droid Nation. His expression remained stern, stoic, and dispassionate but his voice told a different story. He cared about what was happening. He cared about his people, and, about this new alliance. "We would be willing to share our knowledge with your leaders in exchange for protection against that which may wish us harm."

"Have you considered our request for military support and defense?"

Divider_1.png
Shia did not see anything wrong with the first dress, at all, although she did confess that her standards might not be quite the same as the rest of the galaxy. The second... well, okay...

"Yes, I conceed that might be a little too tight." She replied as she wrapped the long length of fabric patterned with scenes from Mandalorian history that made her skin-wrap outfit approximate galactic decency standards around her body in the complex twists she'd learnt from - who else - her revered Aunt Vivi.

She suddenly paled at the thought of what would happen when the old lady joined the Manda. Then burst out laughing at the idea of Vivi's advice and renowned combat prowess.

"So, uh... sorry. Weird internal thought. I don't see anything wrong with the first dress, but you've got to live these moments, Mishel. If a lifetime of wearing armour teaches a Mandalorian anything, it's to embrace the times you're not wearing it."

Which did not stop her strapping a blaster to her hip, hiding some micro-grenades, a garrote and a specially modified one shot web-net gun in the wrap, which was surprisingly good at hiding all sorts of weaponry, given how she appeared to be wearing a dark red skinsuit that could hide nothing and a brilliant, multi-coloured wrap that protected her decency and looked formal at the same time. After a moments consideration, she picked up her new lightsaber and clipped it to a belt. It... didn't feel right to leave it behind.

"So yes, we're going to attack you with a dress and make-up. Who knows, you may even like it!"

The transformation from 'armoured Mandalorian' to 'exotic Mandalorian civilian' was complete and could not be more stark, if you didn't know about the concealed arsenal.

"You know, assuming she doesn't do the demanding army of droids thing again. Sooooooooo. What was your idea?"

[member="Mishel Noren"] | [member="Alessandra Creed"]

qE3JYeS.gif
Post #1
Objective: A Quiet Moment to Think
Attn: [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Scherezade DeWinter"]
  • The Last Call
    A seedy little cantina tucked away on Iktotch

Normally, this particular haunt was not the kind of setting where one may find the Eternal Emperor of Nelvaan, Reaper of Lorrd, White Wolf of Ession and holder of another couple dozen such titles. In fact, one would not be blamed to expect someone like Tacitus to be attending the diplomatic meeting taking place in the more reputable part of this planet. Today, however, the Sith Lord needed time to think about certain information that had reached him. Information which had some disturbing implications.

It seemed that the rumors his Wardens had picked up here and there, were true. Not all of the Galactic Empire had been destroyed by the Confederacy's various campaigns. Like cockroaches, some elements of that old enemy had slipped through the cracks. And one of these was proving to be particularly resourceful.

He had read the files. Some unassuming rear admiral of the Galactic Empire's navy, no notable achievements throughout his entire career. And when the Empire fell, it was as if he had awakened from a long slumber, rallying a sizeable portion of the imperial fleet to his banner and then disappearing. Almost as if he had been lying in wait for such an opportunity.

Tacitus knew never to underestimate someone who could accomplish such a feat, seizing control of a large force in the confusion of a galactic power's dieing throes, then pulling off a vanishing act. He had done the exact same thing when the Dominion fell.

There had been silence, for a time, as if the admiral had simply ceased to exist. Then, a few months ago, reports started to reach him about sightings of imperial star destroyers traversing through the less traveled parts of the Confederacy, of encounters with squadrons of TIE fighters in some out of the way corner of the southern systems. Worse still, there were rumors of former imperial intelligence agents meeting with several Confederate officials and businesspeople. Whatever this warlord was up to, the situation seemed to be slowly and subtly building up towards what could eventually become a major crisis. It was something that Tacitus could not allow to happen.

One way or another, this new threat, this... Empire in Shadow, had to be dealt with. Sooner, rather than later. So, he would focus the full might and resources at his disposal against it, as soon as the Jen'ari campaign was over. It would be a deadly game of cat and mouse, a secret war waged in the forgotten corners of the Confederacy, out of sight and out of mind for the average citizen. And likely outside the bounds of the law. Which meant that he had to persuade the Vicelord to give him free reign.

That was not why he had broken from his usual routine and invited Srina Talon here, however. One he trusted above all amongst the select few individuals whom he considered friends. There would be time to discuss this issue with her later on, in a more private and secure location, perhaps during the journey towards Jen'ari space. Rather, he simply missed spending time with an old friend, outside the formal confines of duty that were dictated by their jobs.

qE3JYeS.gif

Objectives: Shelf Stacking?
Gear: Grey Jacket with Hood, Black T-Shirt, Black Jeans, Filtering-Googles on as always. Some armorweave perhaps somewhere but not on show.
Weapons Under the Bar: Jacknife sonic concussion pistol(s) x2, his saber, and a scattergun laying holstered. Duel Vibroknives and a few throwing knives concealed.

Ithiel had been. Absent. Absent from a few things. Who knew where his head was. Not him. All he knew was he was stacking shelves at the bar when they started coming in. He didn’t turn around at all, just stacking those shelves but with several weapons below the bar, armed to the teeth as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Still he was in pretty good shape, maybe a bit weaker than the last anyone saw him, but there was something off about him, like the way he moved or the way he breathed. Like half of him was present and the other half in a world of his own. If you didn't look close or know him, then you might assume he was just bored out of his mind at work. One more guy who really didn't like his job, and was going through the motions of another day.

After the Crusader? Took a few more orders for whatever beverages were being passed around, he worked diligently on the bar, cleaning it to a shine. Same old work ethic, same old Ithiel, quietly getting on with his job. If anyone noticed three other former crusaders were in the same sort of oblivious state standing there working the bar. Maybe they were keeping an eye on things, maybe they were drugged out of it, who knows. None of them had any armor on, obvious markings, or overt weapons, but if you knew the crusader's old reputation you couldn't be sure they didn't have a hundred concealed blades beneath their clothes.

So there it was. After however long with no contact whatsoever with the Confederacy, several of them just happened to be there, at that exact moment in time. Was it too perfect, too a chance a meeting? None of those ahead had any idea who anyone was or what was going on outside of the bar, or so it seemed. Something didn't perhaps feel right if anyone took the time to sense it.

Just looking for one rper for a back and forth not several, to ease me into it slow. Thanks for understanding.

[SIZE=11pt]Location:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Hole in the wall restaurant[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Attire: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Dark pants/ prison-issued shirt and a jacket.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Weapons:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] kitchen knife in her boot/ broken BlasTech DL-22 in her backpack[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Companion: [member="Luna Terrik"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Iapo gulped, this conversation had turned from inconsequential small-talk to a potentially life-changing opportunity in just a few seconds. The commander was pinning her down under her gaze, the same intense look in her eye which had made her seem intimidating in the beginning.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]'I have a shot at joining this commando, or at least I have a shot at trying it', Iapo realized.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It was almost second nature after the last few months to run away, from physical threat but also from anything serious, anything she could lose once again.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“I’m... Yeah, I suppose you’re right, I am running away, I just feel like if I stand still I’ll end up in trouble again so running seems easier. But that’s not what I want, that’s not in my nature. This drifting, it’s not what I wish for. I am no use to anyone doing this”.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]She felt herself fidget. Once again she felt like she did not know how to convey what she was feeling with words.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“Before I had to leave my planet, I did important work, vital one. When it got hard I carried on and if it had served any purpose I would have died for my people; gladly!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She looked down to her hands, her naturally dark nails were pressed against her palms, and she forced herself to relax. She looked up again, determinedly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“ I hope you are serious about this because if I understood you right, and you really meant what I think you meant, then I would do anything for that. So please stop me if I'm reading to much into it.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Iapo felt a sense of urgency [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]fill[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] her. Now that she realized how much she wanted this, she was suddenly anxious that it might escape her grasp.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“But if you’re willing to give me that: a cause to fight for again, then in return, I swear I will give you anything I have. You can make use of all of my skills and I will learn anything I can’t do yet.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]For all that she’d felt confused about the suddenly serious turn of the conversation, it felt right to say these words. She was pledging herself to someone, here in this tiny little restaurant on an insignificant planet but it felt decisive as if she finally got back into the pilot seat of her own life.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“I can fight, I can be useful and if there is any way I can prove this to you, I’ll do it”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And suddenly, without really intending to, she knew that a sharp smile had replaced any uncertain expression on her face. She was leaning forward on the table and her body, anticipating action, was releasing adrenaline that she could sense as a rush in her vain and the heightened beat of her heart. Having to prove herself to others, this was something she was familiar with. [/SIZE]

bunibar.png
H E R O ‘ S
W E L C O M E
Equipment: Dreamsilk Formal Wear, Thinsuit, Magboots, .48-caliber Enforcer Pistol with normal slugs and borless acid slugs
Objective: Sounds, Sights, Cuisine
Allies: Confederacy of Independent Systems

Residential Area of Ankhela

The Iktotch Elder was surprised at Mauer's ability to speak Iktotchese and quickly replied, "It is quite alright Viceroy..."

"It's okay Elder, please, sit down and allow me to prepare something to convince you otherwise." Mauer insisted and smiled. Before the Elder could refuse any further, the IG-100 Magnaguards quickly pushed the hoversleds toward the center of the table and began quickly assembling a small kitchen. He moved toward one the cargo containers and brought out a few exotic looking fruits. Slicing a Namana into translucent slices after removing its rind, he began skinning and dicing a Shuura fruit into perfect cubes. Moving on to a vine of emerald grapes, he coated them in the diluted essence of Millaflower. Placing it all in several aurodium bowls, he went onto juicing a juicemelon as a base for the sauce, before adding in the nectar of an Aurilian fruit with a forceful squeeze. Quickly cutting up a few chando peppers for a hint of refreshing, sweet and invigorating spice, infusing it with the juice from the Barabel fruit. Pouring it over the fruit within the bowls, Mauer got out a miniature canister of liquid nitrogen, spraying the bowls with a fine mist that quickly froze the juice into a perfect coat of sweet, mildly sour and refreshing ice with a hint of spice.

The IG-100 Magnaguards hastily brought the bowls over with aurodium spoons to the Iktotch Elder, his wife, and his child and Mauer placed the other nine bowls in the freezer before bringing his own bowl to the table and speaking, "Well, dig in please. It's my variation of fruit salad, I hope it suits your tastes."

As Mauer and the Iktotch took their first bite, they were instantly refreshed. The translucent slices of Namana were crunchy and invigorating, with the treatment of liquid nitrogen neutralizing most of its addictive qualities and instead, providing a delectable sour and cold treat. The cubes of Shuura fruit rounded out the dish, providing a mellow and smooth consistency akin to gelato and its mild sweetness refreshed the palette. The emerald grapes were incredibly sweet, and the essence of Millaflower caused a sensation of great relief and relaxation: both combined formed an almost euphoric, dream-like state that was grounded by its icy exterior. The icy exterior itself served a more supportive role: while the flavor of the juicemelon provided a refreshing addition to each fruit, the nectar of the Aurilian fruit and chando peppers provided a mild rush of vitality, balancing out the sweetness and enhancing the flavors of the other fruits.

All in all, it was an incredibly well-crafted and delicious start to a meal; Mauer and the Iktotchi elder and his family quickly finished their fruit salad and the Iktotchi elder exclaimed, "What is this incredible dish called!"

"Well, I like to call it Halcyon Bliss, as it reminds me of the sweet and peaceful plains of Linuri." Mauer responded, smiling and expressing his joy of sharing his craft. Although Mauer never even stepped food on the plains of Linuri, he had to do his part to sell his identity as a kind and benevolent Confederacy diplomat, in hopes that it assured the more skeptical Iktotchi elders. The dish itself, however, was actually engineered by one of Tithon Design's sophisticated culinary system, and the preparation of the dish was just downloaded into Mauer's brain before coming here. Perhaps he would look into integrating this culinary system in his next series of droids for the Confederacy.

The small Iktotchi child of the elder shyly tugged at his mother's sleeve, eyeing the other nine bowls that Mauer had saved. The mother blushed in embarrassment but before she could say anything, Mauer stood up and personally brought him another bowl. Bending down and patting the Iktotchi child's head, he playfully reprimanded him, "This is the last one, okay? I have some other dishes that you have to try, and I guarantee that they will be as good, if not better, than this one!"

bunibar.png
H E R O ‘ S
W E L C O M E
Location: Inside the private speeder transport, cruising along aimlessly
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

The speeder sped along while the blonde in the backseat spent some time glancing at the portable mirror. The Iktochi driver decided to offer Veronika a short tour of the city instead, something which she immediately agreed upon since she had no agenda yet. And so the luxury speeder began cruising along the streets, stopping every now and then for the driver to give Veronika a good explanation of the city's architecture and history. She was no history buff, but found the discussion of the Iktochi's ability to have a glimpse of the future particularly interesting. The drive took roughly less than an hour, with Veronika finding herself at the city's shopping district where large crowds had gathered. Whispers muttered among the people when she hopped out of the vehicle, with a few keen eyes noticing that a holonet celebrity and socialite was among them. "See that? It's Veronika herself... I didn't know she is here for the party."

The witch ignored the crowd and the commotion that she was causing, a habit that she had gotten used to ever since her popularity exploded a few years ago. On some days, she would consider stopping for a few holovideo recordings from her fans. But not today, when the crowd was overwhelming and time was running short for her to do some casual shopping. The speeder was parked along the road while the driver escorted her for a little stroll through the shopping avenue. Vendors waved at her, trying to peddle their wares which were mostly useless. Eventually, she found herself spending some time looking at the robes being peddled by an old female Iktochi. Simplistic designs with detailed stitches that echoed the fashion concept of minimalism. The blonde nodded her head and purchased the whole collection for research material, getting her driver to carry the shopping bags back to the speeder. The old Ikotchi was too pleased for words from the sudden sale, insisting to treat Veronika with a glass of local brew which she accepted.

While she placed the glass on her lips, her senses detected a familiar signature nearby. She finished her drink quickly, following her instincts to head down the avenue to find the source. A tall raven haired woman in the distance, clad in armour meant for the Knights Obsidian. It was a new Force using military style group from CIS that was not present when she first joined the Witches. Emerald eyes studied the features of the stranger for a moment, trying to figure out why she looked familiar.

"She used to be Pebbles," Jart chipped his opinion in her mind. "That's not Pebbles, Pebbles is a teenager!" Veronika replied wordlessly using her mind with a hint of irritation. She knew how Pebbles looked, the young witch with brilliant green eyes that looked just like the raven haired woman in front of her. But there was no way a teenager could suddenly grow into a buxom woman within a short period of time unless some crazy magic was at work."Listen carefully, my child. I said she used to be. Now she isn't, heh..." Jart ended with a cryptic message as usual and left her fuming in annoyance. Taking matters into her own hands, the witch stepped forward to Madalena and gave a friendly wave.

"Hello there. Are you related to Pebbles by any chance?" Veronika started the conversation with a direct question, unable to hold her curiosity back. At least she was being polite with her question.

H E R O ‘ S
W E L C O M E

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Hidden Wrist Blades
Tags: [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Veronika Fleischer"]

x7K6md.png

Yup. It was all clear to her now. She understood why she'd never taken guarding duty before now. She understood it crystal clear. Guard duty was boring. There was nothing happening that required her actual attention. She'd come here to get a distraction she so sorely needed after the events of the weeks that led up to Life Day and thereafter, and instead her mind was free to dwell on things better never dwelled on. She'd even tried to use the Force once to make a dude spill his beer on another dude, and instead of a fight breaking out, the two left the area together. It was just maddening how nice people were.

And at last, her watch beeped, alerting her that her shift was over. It was done. She could go sulk somewhere, or have a drink, or get out of the armor and get her party on, or… Hmm. She was standing next to a bar, one that [member="Darth Tacitus"] was sitting in, lost in his thoughts. She did not recognize the man from his back, of course, nor was she the one to have a reason to recognize the man that had almost adopted the girl who no longer existed at all, and still, she was about to make her way in when a woman ([member="Veronika Fleischer"]) stopped her.

Well, stopped her was sort of giving it more force than the motion had. The woman had just waved at her. Madalena stopped to look, blinking. She was pretty sure she didn't know the woman. And then came a question.

"Pebbles?" she asked, blinking. An instant later she shook her head, "I'm sorry, I don't know anyone by that name."

Of course, Madalena did not know that the girl who no longer existed – Scherezade deWinter – had been called by that nickname, and had almost beheaded people for using that nickname. She also didn't know that Scherezade was once Mandragora, belonging to the pact of the Jart. She also didn't know that to free herself of the Mandragora for good after being betrayed by the Nightmother, Scherezade had skinned herself alive, removing the mark that had adored her entire back since the day she'd gotten out of the pebble, and then used the collected blood to write al the tortured she had gone through while trapped inside the Darkness on the walls of her ship.

Nope, Madalena knew nothing of any of that. She was Madalena Antares, a nineteen year old from Coruscant who'd been with the Confederacy for over a year now and kicked a lot of butts. That other girl? Didn't even exist in the datafiles.

"You're probably mistaken me for someone else," she offered a gentle smile to the woman, "I'm Pathfinder Madalena Antares."

qE3JYeS.gif
Post #2
Objective: A Quiet Moment to Think
Attn: [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Scherezade DeWinter"]
  • The Last Call
    A seedy little cantina tucked away on Iktotch

Even lost in thought as he was, the Reaper's eyes kept scanning the crowd around him. He had table in the darkest corner with the best view, something he had picked up during his long career of soldiering. One always watched all the exits. And the Sith Lord's sharp mind was always alert to his surroundings. There was very little that Tacitus ever missed, the information that was always streaming in was analyzed, dissected and then filed away in the cavernous recesses of his mind.

So it was no surprise that he immediately picked up the presence of a familiar face, standing just outside the bar. A face he had not seen in a while and which he did not expect to see here, of all places. Yes, Scherezade DeWinter, niece of [member="Asteria DeWinter"], an old compatriot of his from the Empire of the Ancient Eye, was suddenly there, chatting with some girl whom the Eternal Emperor did not know.

Curiosity got the better of him and knowing that Srina would just as easily spot him outside, he decided to make his way out of the seedy little establishment and get a few answers regarding the fate of a girl whom he had once tried to educate in the ways of the Sith.

The cantina was fairly crowded today, however that did not impede the Reaper, who's imposing presence insured that the path ahead would clear, people instinctively getting out of the way of someone who looked like he could reduce every single living soul in the establishment to an amorphous paste with a mere thought. The longsword and the four lightsabers clipped to his belt, together with the sharp talons on his hands and the unmistakable gold-tinted eyes left very little doubt about what he was. And one did not have to be particularly bright to know that it was generally a bad idea to get in the way of a Lord of the Sith.

So it did not take more than mere moments for him to catch up to his quarry, who's attention was currently focused on her companion. Mindful not to let his sharp, knife-like talons accidentally harm her, he reached out and grabbed her arm, turning her to face him. "Scherezade? I did not expect to see you here," he said to her, an expression of puzzlement contorting his features.

qE3JYeS.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Attire: Confederate Dauntless Commander Dress Uniform, Black leather gloves[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Weapons: A180 Blaster Pistol; strapped to her hip[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Companions: Iapo Sim[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Luna slowly leaned back in her seat, enjoying the moments of true passion that the woman spoke with, finally. It was as if the redhead was finally getting the chance to get to know the other person sitting across from her. How she talked about proving herself, giving her a reason to fight, and a cause to fight for gave the commander confidence in what she said. And Iapo was right. A person of her skillset would be useful with some training in combat and time spent with the Dauntless.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This wasn’t something that the leader of the military group would normally do, of course. Recruiting was best left to the professionals, those that knew what to look for when talking to these people. But if there was one thing that Luna knew how to do, it was read people. And what she read from Iapo was that she was someone who was searching for something to belong to, to fight for. Maybe the confederacy, and the Dauntless could give her what she was looking for.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But, they had to this the right way. Just looking at Iapo, Luna knew she couldn’t just make her a Dauntless commando with no training or no time spent with the confederate army. As much as she wanted to let the hybrid fight by her side, there were certain formalities they had to go through to make it happen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Though that wasn’t saying Luna couldn’t…expediate the process a little bit. Giving the woman a soft grin, she nodded quietly while sliding her hand over to grab her hat. “Alright, alright. I can see you’re serious. Here’s what I’m going to need from you.” Standing quietly, the commander fixed the hat over her red hair and motioned for Iapo to follow her. “Come on. We’re going to a recruitment office.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Location:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] recruitment office[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Attire: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Dark pants/ prison-issued shirt and a jacket.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Weapons:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] kitchen knife in her boot/ broken BlasTech DL-22 in her backpack[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Companion: [/SIZE]Luna Terrik

[SIZE=11pt]After accepting to undergo the official procedure for recruitment, Iapo was lead to a recently-installed recruitment site in the western part of the town. A group of people was lingering around it. Some seemed to wait for their turn, discussion quietly between them, while others seemed to have gathered around out of curiosity. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Iapo was lead inside by the commander, a path clearing in front of her. The woman's presence was noticed. Whether the people recognized her or her uniform or were responding to her official air, she did not know.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She found herself in front of a desk with a severe-looking person looking at her and asking for her name.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The next few hours passed by in a blaze of controlled chaos. Iapo was led to an official-looking stand where she was greeted by a flurry of administrative tasks. She was being directed from one person to another and only caught a last glance of Commander Tarrik’s silhouette before being dragged to another form to fill.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]An estimated 4 hours later, she had finally finished filling all the forms, being examined, interrogated, led along according to a logic she was not certain anyone understood. She was given the last official form which denominated her as “recruit A06-Iktotch” and told to wait in line before she’d be called back for a more comprehensive assessment of her abilities and to discuss her placement within the forces.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Feeling slightly overwhelmed, the young woman gripped the official form tightly. The picture they had taken from her was terrible; despite correcting it twice during the process there was still a mistake in her mother’s name but still, here it was, in black and white, the proof of her engagement.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]She sad down waiting for her name to be called and looked up at the symbol of the Confederacy, prominently displayed on the front of the office and smiled at the realization of the drastic turn her life was taking since she’d glimpsed that same symbol on the uniform of a red-haired commander a few hours ago.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom