Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antebellum | CIS Dominion of Iktotch (U, 38)

bunibar.png
A N T E B E L L U M
[Before the War]

| . | Mission Log | . |

The acquisition of Iktotch has bolstered the war effort of the Confederacy a considerable degree. It's never better to claim a new member world than on the heels of the threat of a controversial battle. The construction of the promised items to aid in the defense of Iktotch will begin as soon as possible. Despite successful negotiations, it seems, that the native people are still unsettled by their visions of death and destruction. It will take more than a signature on a data-pad to console them fully, however, the Droid Nation of the Southern Systems will see their will done. Soon enough the sky itself will be a veritable barrier between the relatively peaceful planet and the rest of space. The CDF will deploy en masse until the garrisons can be established, and staffed, with loyal Iktotch citizens and CIS reinforcements.

Those that joined in on the festivities on a lighter degree will find themselves welcome to remain on the humble, yet hearty planet, to continue reaping the benefits of this newfound friendship. As always, there are many plots afoot, but few seem to hold weight when compared to what lies ahead. The CIS will continue to expand. Continue to grow, change, and adapt with every new obstacle that is placed before it. With knowledge from the Iktotchi, the upper echelon finally have the upper hand, even if, they can only speculate about the movement of their enemies. Any advantage, no matter how slight, could turn the tide.

Truly, as the Viceroy have voted, and spoken, the Empire to the North should have something to fear.

| . | Amendment | . |

The world of Iktotch was won over more easily than expected. Note, suspicious, though not unexpected. Times are changing and many leaders sense the need for assimilation, lest, they go extinct.

There are also several persons of interest that should not be forgotten.

Knights Obsidian and Dauntless will keep their eyes open.

As always please continue writing your stories! Just because you see a conclusion post does not mean you need to stop writing. You are all wonderful, talented, and a joy. Thank you!

bunibar.png

O P E R A T I O N
A S S I M I L A T E
Objective: Binge!​
Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alessandra Creed"] | [member="Efried Halbrecht"]​

Quick and to the point. She supposed that was all they needed to end an agreement. No debate required, no struggle to convince anyone. When she was considering coming to this meeting, she didn't know what she was expecting, but when two people are already on the same page as to what needed to happen, there wasn't much else to be discussed than the specifics.

What a relief.

As proud of herself as she was for how she handled her first important meeting, she wanted to get back to binging the latest season of Homesick Travelers as soon as possible. And while she didn't appreciate being tied to the Imperial in the room in Alessandra's parting words, she let it slide as she picked herself up as well, addressing the Prime Minister one last time.

"Thank you for your time, Prime Minister. If you need anything at all, we'll hear you out no matter what. I wish for the best for you and your people."

Late night, though in space that didn't matter much. Helly was curled up on her couch with a bag of popcorn and a blanket to wrap around her, Homesick Travelers playing on the screen in front of her. She was an outgoing person, but having time alone always meant the world to her, especially after a day like that.

Her phone buzzed and she was quick to check it out of habit, seeing a message from... Leo of all people. She didn't even know Leo had a phone. After the Renegade Horde's crushing defeat at the hands of the Sith, she wasn't expecting her to be in good spirits, but the message read otherwise:

Xy2EpHT.png
"Helly! Hello! It has been a long time, but I have noticed you are now in the Confederacy! I don't approve at all! Very dark times in the galaxy! Maybe soon I will come to Tatooine and pay a visit to my favorite cyborg! I hope that you are still just as much of a rebel as when we first met! And as much of a lightweight! You are a fun drunk!"

She snorted at what must have been an attempt at a winky face at the end of the message. More importantly, she saw an opportunity in this. Get in Leo's good graces and maybe, just maybe, gain the support of the Renegade Horde, or... at least what was left of it. They had the goal of putting as big of a dent into the Sith's reign as possible, and they did exactly that up until their defeat. It's a shame that dent wasn't put in the empires themselves, but they did what they could and lost many, both by casualties and defectors. At the very least, it was uplifting to see Leo's unshakable optimism again.

They may not have loved the Confederacy, but Helly alone wasn't the Confederacy...

qE3JYeS.gif
Post #6
Objective: None, whatsoever
Attn: [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Scherezade DeWinter"] | [member="Veronika Fleischer"]
  • The Last Call
    A seedy little cantina tucked away on Iktotch

Srina's words brought another, warmer smile to his face. She always found some way of sneaking past the barriers he put up around himself and it was the pure sincerity of her small gestures that he valued. The two had been through much together, over the years and in truth, the Sith Lord cared for her much more than one would care for a friend, though he would never admit that for fear that it would ultimately cause her harm.

For a moment there, his eyes sought and met hers, just a brief, subtle glance and yet, time seemed to somehow freeze for a brief instant. What was it about her, that had such an effect on him?

Once again he found himself surprised by her ability to say so much with so few words. He somehow knew exactly what she asked and something within the battered, wounded mess of his soul, made it impossible for him to deny her request. Once again, the knife lifted itself from the table and resumed its mesmerizing dance. In no time at all, he refilled her plate with a second serving.

Madalena's talk of eating competitions once again made his mind drift back to older, simpler times, when he led a crew of gruff and boisterous mercenaries who would gather around the campfire at night to drink, laugh and share crude stories with eachother. Farewell, old friends and comrades, he thought to himself, mentally raising an imaginary glass to toast them on their way to whatever battlefields awaited them in the afterlife. The years had not been kind to him and his men.

The blonde socialite interrupted his quiet meditations by suggesting a more material toast, as if by some cosmic coincidence having read his thoughts. Tacitus instinctively lifted his glass of water before realizing the awkwardness of the situation and hesitantly setting it back down again.

He had not been the only one to notice, as Madalena, or Scherezade (he still had no idea what was going on and was more than a little suspicious about the situation) sought and found a pretext to excuse herself from the table, graciously thanking him for the meal. He dipped his head to her in acknowledgement. "Thank you for the kind words, Knight Antares," he said. "And apologies for what happened earlier, I really thought you were someone else."

He was still convinced she was Scherezade, though for now he resigned himself to accept the situation as it was. He would get to the bottom of this story, eventually.

qE3JYeS.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom