Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Idea/Suggestion from your friendly neighborhood Jorin.

Yay or Nay

• Go for it, and Army of Jason Bourne's and Private Ryans is kewl

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No Cody, what kind of drugs are you on? Clones are bad.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes to clones, no to the template.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, with the fact we lack pretty much any allies, I suggest we bulk up militarily, so, maybe it's time to reform our policies and do something to significantly add to our soldier count, something that hasn't been done in millennia. I'm talking about a clone army here people. Thoughts?

Have them come from multiple planets, the clones don't have to be produced on a single planet, and in the event of war, if we lost one, we'd have the others. @[member="Syn"]

@[member="Yusan Fenn"] and sitting around doing nothing will get us massacred when the inevitable war breaks out.

I am doing my best to build up the military in my own small way.

I am going to shoot from the hip here, sorry if its rough probably on everyone reading it OOC, but IC Kei is doing his best and will always do what he's told, this is just my OOC opinion.

1 Jedi Master is worth a lot of soliders, a lot. Heck a Knight is worth a good bunch. BUT, every other faction around you is well geared up, the republic needs a bit more than it has. Even if that is just a a general (Not me Cody, hint hint) in charge that is able to follow the senate and the Jedi's orders specifically and organise things.

I wouldn't want that job OOC or IC ;), because it'd be a tough one and you'd need a lot of contacts to keep happy OOC and IC, lot of work.

Mostly I guess what I am saying is we need a command structure for the republic military, so nothing is done, at all, without the order for it first. That way if you get three people going to do a mission, no fleet, no ships, no ground forces, its just 3 people.

Again this is ^ ooc, my IC opinion for kei its different, so please try to separate it out :D
-edit
Also if you they do get sent, then the general or whoever gave the order, has given them clear instructions. Fleet, solider all know exactly what they are doing.

Syn said:
Byss I don't recall having the numbers of cloing tubes compared to placing like Kamino where we can grow an army.

The other two maybe
Going to weigh in on this real quick as the former Tyrant and current secret ruler of Byss(Moridin and now Sven) Byss has no cloning technology on it what so ever on SWRP. Byss was destroyed in canon then rebuilt by Omni(as per our timeline) so the Emperor's cloning vats are no longer there(cause they got blown up and Omni didn't replace them).

Quick (perhaps stupid) suggestion: why don't we try diplomacy one last time before we develop clones and what not? I know they may have proven to be unsuccessful in the past, but there's no way for the Republic to hold up of if it 'lacks pretty much any allies'.

I am willing to try negotiations with the Omeag Protectorate or the Mandalorians... Thoughts?

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
@Alena Beswin

Negotiating with the protectorate stalled because right off the bat they were told "The Sith and Republic are allies and that won't change" So Protectorate left the table. Though contact @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] as she is the current Lady Protector

The Mandalorians would and could be the best bet but I would also suggest the Atrisians. Now that Ithor is being dissolved they are out in the cold possibly as well.

Right, but the Protectorate is also a good bet as well, with more active members (I believe) than the Mandalorians. The treaty with the Empire will inherently break up one way or another, and we simply don't want to face the possibility of a war on two-fronts if it comes down to that.

I shall see what I can do...

Still, building up an army doesn't mean we're starting a war, it means we're simply preparing to defend ourselves in a galaxy that is increasingly against us. It's more a precaution than anything else, a deterrent.

@[member="Cody Jorin"]

Very true. Instead of however doing something that would be very ICly and OOCly controversial, many we should instead at least start off with deciding what typical Republic soldiers actually look like..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom