Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Idea/Suggestion from your friendly neighborhood Jorin.

Yay or Nay

• Go for it, and Army of Jason Bourne's and Private Ryans is kewl

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No Cody, what kind of drugs are you on? Clones are bad.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes to clones, no to the template.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I suppose that would be the general idea.

We definitely need to have it cleared as being OOCly acceptable before all else. After that, we'll move onto the IC phase of this and discuss it in the Senate. :D

I've been keeping an eye on politics. I believe our current supreme chancellor has decided not to be a help to the OP in a coming war. So, I don't think they're incredibly fond of us right now.

Yusan Fenn said:
Either way, military build up will only instigate war.

It actually would DETER war given that we are raising a sizeable army. Tensions might increase but it would still be a deterrent. No one goes, dang their army is large. We should fight them. That's not a real line of thought. Also given the tenuous situation between all the faction, a situation that -will- break because... that's also a real expectation... the Republic likely would be reinforcing their military.

Even after WWI essentially slapped Germany with all sorts of military restrictions it did not stop France from stockpiling and building up along their border. Did nothing because Germany just went around again, but that really doesn't change the point. The France did that was to discourage a war, not to start one.

Daella Apparine said:
To expand on Selena's point, I guess: Cold War. Tons of nuclear warheads were made for the sole purpose of deterring either Super Power from attacking. None of them were used.
@[member="Daella Apparine"]
Yeah this kind of what I (This character + Kei) was going for when I put forward the blue fold. Which is still happily awaiting anyone who wants the reins over republic intel.

All the stuff so far i've done has tried to stay on the covert side, specs ops, military intelligence, a covert company - This can still be a private company idea instead if it doesn't work out on the republic side. Input appreciated on that if you guys want it in the republic's 'fold' or not :D. No worries if not.

I fully agree the vast bulk of republic soliders would be in white, makes sense to me also. I assumed spec ops would be different, and so far have rp'd them as such. I also assumed intel was plain clothed but i'd be very happy for anyone to tweak any of that if we had a regular uniform idea for it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom