Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloha Archae | CIS Dominion of Archae Teuthis (U,40)

will you sink down to me?
Form: Humanoid
Wearing: Wetsuit
teal1.png
Damsy wondered into the venue, taking small steps, equally unsure and unsteady, costumeless and fish in hand. Truly, she thought she had come prepared, that she was doing this right. After all, she had been told to come dressed as something terrifying and to bring treats along to share.

Evidently, the hypercarnivorous Sithspawn had unconventional ideas regarding what both of those conditions meant.

Soon enough, though, she began to understand. As she looked around the party, pupils dilated and nostrils slightly flared in her own strange physical expression of curiosity, she suddenly felt very underdressed. Wrapping her arms across her torso, she continued on and spotted a tray of caramel apples. She squinted and leaned forward to get a better look, her eyesight washed out by the light. What kind of prey was that...?

Just then, a dancing patron bumped into her, causing her to lose grip of her own prey. It wasn't too jarring of a bump, but the force was enough to shift Damsy'd petite form off balance and it was too much for her weak legs to adjust to. The locking of her spine joints failed, sending her down to the floor alongside her fish.

Aloha Archae

Objective: Holiday/R & R
Goal: Relax and Recreate
Time: Night

Time seemed to stand still as the world celebrated this night. Tomorrow he’d return to his duty but for now he ordered a row of various beverages to try at his leisure. Just what was in store for him next?

[member=Adron Malvern] | [member=Alessandra Creed]
Faye ought to have felt some kind of fear when the ebony haired woman swung round to growl something at her, but the drinks she had been eagerly sipping all night did not allow the appropriate emotional response to follow. Instead, like a fool, she simply pressed on. She barely noticed the sharp, forceful rebuke as Alessandra blocked her from her mind though it did knock her concentration for a second or two. Faye could also feel the pressure change in the atmosphere, she felt it against her eardrums as they threatened to pop. Her face felt hot with the effort she put behind her invasion. It was a battle between a rock and a hard place. Faye had trained her mind in a similar fashion to Alessandra, but for entirely different reasons.

A deep, thankful sigh escaped her lips as the slim portion of a single memory slipped past the cracks and into Alessandra's mind. That was all that was needed. Faye watched the woman cautiously as her hand lowered and the tension in the air slowly dissipated into nothing. A single, tanned hand reached up to touch Faye's cheek. There was a brief moment where all she could feel was confusion. Confusion for the reaction of the woman, confusion for the range of emotion she had been forced to feel, confusion for the entire evening all put together. It quickly melted away as her own memories seeped into her mind once again. There was no denying the two were siblings now, at least not from Alessandra's point of view.

'I won't need to try it again, now you know the truth of things. I apologize again for invading your privacy, I couldn't see any other way around the mess we were in. And it does hurt me so to see my brother pining after a woman the way he did after you when you left.'

Faye watched as Alessandra pulled away and returned to Adron's embrace. The raven haired woman didn't look well, and if Faye was honest with herself she didn't feel entirely with it either. The island they stood on felt as if it were moving of it's own accord and if she looked up enough the entire planet span rapidly. Faye wanted to feel scared by the sickness that had been creeping up on her from the moment she arrived but it didn't feel like a sickness. It felt like elation, she was rather enjoying it. Alessandra figured it out first. Drugs! The idea elicited a light laugh from Faye's chest that carried on far longer than she had planned it to.

Adron suggested what they were all thinking and Faye nodded her head in agreement. As the group shifted to walk back to their respective ships Faye shot Alessandra what she hoped was a pleasant, friendly smile.

'I hope we can meet again under different circumstances. I'd like to get to know the woman who captured my brother's steely heart.'

wrappingpaper.png
Tag: [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Faye Malvern"]​
Wearing: XXXX

Perhaps it was the earnest memories that drew away her ire like poison from a wound. Perhaps it was Adron's hand wrapped neatly around her own, or, the way he watched her every move. It was different than the way others viewed her. She liked that he didn’t immediately fall at her feet, but rather, seemed to appreciate her for who she was. His smile made her head spin—but it was the three words that followed that were probably to blame for her lack of focus when it came to keeping [member="Faye Malvern"] out of her mind.

‘I Love you’
If she hadn’t of been close enough to breathe his air she wouldn’t have heard it. Alessandra had always prided on staying above such things, but apparently, she’d been mistaken. The arrival of the doppelganger saved her from responding. At least, for now. Adron was not truly known for his patience but she had never felt the sting of it. He always made room for her. Being mentally attacked…

He would forgive her that. No matter where the intrusion came from—her mind was a fortress that she would protect at all costs. Thankfully, for all involved, the designer drugs in her system lowered her faculties. It let little things slip through the metaphysical gates that would have otherwise hit a wall of permacrete. If Alessandra had been entirely sober she might not have been so familiar with the younger Malvern—but nothing said forgiveness like a hug.

It wasn’t as if the Minister of Commerce was going to apologize. No, that was reserved for the common peasantry. If anything this incident should be taken as a lesson. Never, ever, betray a Creed.

Once she’d had her fill of the visually stunning sister she found herself returning to Adron. He was the moon and she the tide. She would always return to him, as if by gravity, or divine intervention. Her hands came up to rest against his chest while he grumbled about wanting to the murder the populace. He would feel her agreement, versus see it, and her attention turned back to the littlest Malvern when her voice rose again. Her head tilted, curious before she raised a brow and looked back up at the dark-haired Exarch.You were pining?”

“Adron, my darling. How sweet.”

The cheshire grin on her face was one that signaled she wouldn’t let that one go anytime soon. When considering her own sister complex, at first, she held reservations. But if she had someone else on her side to double team Adron on occasion? It might be worth it. Her Exarch mentioned that he was sick of this world and she couldn’t help but nod her head in agreement. “Agreed. You should take us somewhere nice. Perhaps Leritor? There’s a new resort on the sea that we could make good use of.”

And Yorshie’s running around everywhere. Something told her that Faye would like them.

She slipped away from Adron, letting her fingers fall, so they could twine with his on their way out. If he’d really thought his sister had been deceased all this time he wouldn’t want her out of his sight for very long. The young woman likely had her own life—but she would simply have to endure her brother. Things were always taken from him. She’d heard him say it, think it, when she wasn’t supposed to be paying attention. He wouldn’t let anything take Faye away again.

“We could rest and recuperate there. Catch up?”, she suggested, glancing toward Faye, and back toward Adron. She wasn’t sure what the siblings had planned but it was highly unlikely she’d been leaving in a ship that didn’t hold the Serenno man. Even if she’d been mistaken…She still felt raw. Exposure was a silent reassurance that would cure that. Soon enough, Alessandra would sleep the whole thing off, like a bad hangover.

Scherezade deWinter said:
Wearing: Bottom part, Top part, Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots
Wielding: 4 Czerka knives
Tags: [member="Dianah Vi'Dreya"] [member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Kasca Fen"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Untitled1.png
Madalena glanced at Jaron as he let his “oh hello!” escape, and stifled a giggle. She had no clue what exactly Dia had passed into his mind, but their public flirting hadn’t really gone unnoticed. The expression on both of their faces was happy enough, and she was glad for them both. A small part of her wondered if she’d get to experience something like that, but she quickly set that thought aside. Now was neither the time nor the place, and she was not about to ruin her own genuine joy of the evening with thoughts that could lead to unhappy places.

Dia would do. Madalena grinned and nodded, allowing a sigh of relief to escape her full lips. It would’ve been uber weird to suddenly need to refer to Dia as “your vice-dudette” and as stated earlier, the song just wouldn’t sound as great with some of the words replaced.

Turning to Josh, she frowned in surprise as he mentioned the working for the CIS. Now that was a surprise! She’d already been told he’d be doing less missions because of his promotions, and she’d assumed it also meant less missions with her, but now that he was going to be working with them… Her smile widened as she jumped on him for a hug. She loved doing missions with Josh, even if their outlook on life and alignment philosophies were so vastly different.
And then Jaron… Challenged them all to dancing? Madalena blinked. While she and Jaron had traded barely a handful of words with each other prior to tonight, they had shared a general space for a sufficient amount of time for her not to expect something like this from him. Did he get like that when he had some alcohol? After another two blinks though, the Sithling just laughed. It was good to see people simply having fun.

The next moment they were all on the dancefloor, and unlike the dance she and Josh had shared in his home, this time he wasn’t half as surprised, and had much more self-confidence. Madalena grinned and let him lead, now that the little blush of the dancing was gone from her, matched him move for move. She was a fluid dancer, and the rhythm of the music went through her body, causing her hips to gyrate in tempo as well as the rest of her body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jxw_NAKUn0

Josh smirked lightly when he noted the surprise on the face of Madalena when he would reveal that he would be working with the CIS more often. Sure, it was just as a liasion and doing some missions from time to time, but it also meant they would be spending more time together. Something that she was clearly very much pleased about, if the jumping hug that nearly barreled him over was any indication.

Either way, it seemed that the pairing were going to have some competition. That was fine with him. Josh would keep the confidence he had shown in the start, moving with more animation and gusto as he would speed up his movements, bringing her a bit closer to spin the both of them around. As the duo twirled about, Josh would let out a hearty laugh, happy to just be able to enjoy himself for a change and get lost in the moment. No fighting, no paperwork, no drama... Just the moment.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] (If we're still doing this)

Her bright eyes took in her surroundings. Everyone knew everyone else but her. Scherezade no longer knew her... to the only acquaintance she had made, she was nothing more than another stranger at the party. Even with the drugs coursing through her veins and giving her an artificial bump in mood, they could not counteract the intense loneliness Kasca felt. It felt like a hole and one that seemed unlikely to be filled. She was surrounded by people and yet none of them touched her. None of them really saw her.

Underneath her mask, Kasca took in a shaky breath and then let out a soft sob. She turned and began navigating through the crowd. With each passing moment, she felt panic and deep sadness welling up inside her. She felt pressed in by bodies and flamboyant costumes. Her cheeks flushed warm pink and she fought to escape the sea of people. She tried to put her glass of wine, now empty, on a table as she struggled through, but had placed it so precariously that it fell to the ground and shattered shortly after she left it in her wake.

It didn't matter what she joined. It didn't matter that she was a Mandragora. She was not wanted here... not wanted anywhere. Where could she go now with so limited funds and no ship? Would it matter if she left here to try and find some place to belong again? Wouldn't it be like this anyway? She moved more swiftly, struggling to fight the loneliness that was overwhelming her.

Dianah Vi'Dreya @Josh DragonsFlame [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Srina Talon"]

Untitled1.png
Tags: [member="Kasca Fen"]​
Costume: Cowgirl Sheriff​

Daisy was late. Late, late, late.

It was no surprise, to be honest, considering she’d slept in later than a bistro-hunny on a bender. At the end of the day she’d arrived at the party with a traditional brown bantha-herding hat on, a midriff-baring tied flannel top, striped with pink and black, with a pair of denims tucked into soft brown boots. She had a pair if trick slug throwers tucked into the holster that was slung low on her hips. Both of the guns shot bubbles instead of screaming death.

It was a nice change of pace.

Everything in the area felt wonky. She had hoped to surprise Madsy by showing up even though she might have missed most of the party, but, the golden-haired backwater woman had yet to find her. At this rate, she wondered if she’d missed her friend entirely. Regardless, it didn’t stop her from enjoying the sights. Seeing people so happy, so carefree, really made all of the ugly things they did behind the scenes worth it. Aside from the nightmares, Daisy held a sense of peace in her heart she hadn’t known in a long time. Concord Dawn would always be a part of her…

But she was slowly making room for this new world. This new life.

Her eyes were torn from a group of kids sticking their head in a bucket to try and bite an apple by a sense of something-some-such that made her stomach lurch. Oh, great. Forcie-Hocus-Pocus again. Someone close by was gut-wrenchingly upset. Panicking. She could taste the loneliness and mostly…It just broke her heart. It didn’t take long to find the culprit. A masked woman, fair haired, and seemingly pretty close to having an anxiety attack.

Hey darlin’…”, Daisy greeted, managing, only barely not to tip her festive hat in greeting. Her voice was soft, reassuring, and everything it should have been. The Mandalorian woman couldn’t help it. When someone felt so alone as this girl did? Daisy couldn’t help but care. It reminded her of Madsy from a long time ago. When she’d been Scherezade. Not Madalena. “Ah couldn’t help but notice you seem mightily upset...Can ah help?”

Everyone else was, for the most part, knackered. It was easy to see someone that was miserable in a crowd of happy shiny people. Daisy hesitantly reached out to take her arm. All this…metaphysical Force mumbo-jumbo just made her want to hug the crying girl. Didn’t everyone else to be cared for when they were drowning? “Ah don’t mean to pry. Ah just…You’re so sad. No one should feel that way.”

You are right. No one wants you here. Run.
You are easily forgotten. The Mandragora ignore you. You are not one of them. Run.
You are a number to add to their ranks but not worth a thought. We are your only solace. Run.
Kasca stumbled a bit and then came up short as a woman directly greeted her. She looked up, eyes wide underneath her Cathar mask. The woman's accent was strange, something Kasca had never heard before and that thought stopped her panic from escalating. Where was the woman from and how did she get that accent? The analytical part of her brain started working the question for an answer while Kasca stared at the woman, words sinking in slowly as [member="Daisy Americus"] spoke.

The young Arcanian seemed to be unable to respond, but mostly, her brain was catching up ... past the panic, past the sadness, past the voices that never let her live in peace. Finally she lifted her mask and tried to smile at the kindness the other woman was showing. "I..." She took a deep breath. "I think you just did."

Feeling the need to explain like only a young woman can, the 18 year old girl sighed. "I thought maybe if I came to this shindig, I would meet up with new people and get to know more than one person in CIS and the Mandragora. But even with everyone in such an effusive mood, they are not up for meeting new people. Maybe a party is the wrong place to be introduced. I am unsure how all of this works. I was stuck in a Jedi temple for years without much interaction as the Jedi Order collapsed. I was on my own for two years on my ship which was nice to some extent... I got a lot of experiments done, but I just don't like being that lonely. I have been accepted into the Mandragora and the Confederacy, but I only know one person and she seems to have literally forgotten me. I don't know how that happened but I suddenly felt ..." She let out what little breath she had left and took another deep one, seeming unable to explain what she felt satisfactorily so she shrugged and looked at the woman waiting for judgement.

[member="Dianah Vi'Dreya"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Srina Talon"]

Untitled1.png
Tags: [member="Kasca Fen"]​
Costume: Cowgirl Sheriff​
The flaxen-haired female in front of her seemed pretty young. It wasn’t like Daisy thought she was ancient or anything but there was something about her that made the Mandalorian feel like she was a little more innocent than most of the others present. The bright-eyed Americus felt an extreme sense of concern. She had never been raised to ignore someone in need. When the little thing lifted her mask and smiled she felt a little bit of the pressure dissipate. “Ah’m glad though ah’m not sure what ah did…”, Daisy responded, a little sheepish, as she reached up to run the back of her neck.

She was quiet when the explanation came, just nodding when appropriate, and let her speak. It was only polite. Daisy felt sympathy for her by the time the story finished. There was so much to consider that had happened to her in what felt like a relatively short time period. “Well…”, she stepped forward, breaching her personal space, and gave her a friendly hug. It was neither too long nor too short. “Ah’m Daisy Americus. Now you know someone else too.”

“Ah’m sorry it seems that someone forgot you. Who was it?”

Daisy full well knew how hard it could be to fit in among new groups of people. She was strange, a little backwater, and not really all that sophisticated. She tried. She even tried to understand her Force-Sensitivity from time to time but she was a Mando at heart. Slugthrowers would always be more comfortable than a telekinetic disturbance. “Ah’m sorry it’s been hard for you. Ah came from Concord Dawn. We had to leave everyone, everything, behind. Our former Sole Ruler didn’t take kindly to people being Force Sensitive…”

“We had two options. Get neutered or be exiled. My family chose exile….”

There would be no judgment from Daisy. None, whatsoever. She was a little bit of sunshine in a pretty dark place and always had a smile or a kind word for everyone.

“So…What kind of experimentin’ were you up to?”

Kasca smiled a bit, still getting out of panic mode as [member="Daisy Americus"] introduced herself. The woman was sweet, though her accent was thick and unusual to Kasca's ears. She turned and looked at [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] dancing. "Well, she forget me though I do not know how that happened. It has taken me by surprise." She pointed to Scherezade. "I was expecting to know at least one person here, but she looked at me and acted as if I was a complete stranger.... I don't think I am that unforgettable." She shrugged and turned back to Daisy.

"Oh! That must have been terrible. I completely understand that feeling. Arkanian's are very particular about their genetic line. When they learn that one of us is an offshoot like myself, they go berserk."

"I was doing some experimentation on ..." She paused. If she told the truth about her experimentation on drugs to create mixes that had less side effects, she would expose herself as the person who drugged the party. So instead, she listed off her older experiments. "things like making food more filling without sacrificing flavor. And making a dust magnet... though to be honest, I still haven't achieved that one." She rolled her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom