Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Alchemized Perfumes & Potions (open to all)

Ishani had arrived at the marketplace early in the morning to set up her wares. Hers was a small and forlorn figure, dressed in dull brown robes. There were dark circles under her green eyes, like she hadn't slept in several days. But despite this, she remained keen-eyed and alert, taking a seat behind the prepped stall as if it were a throne and she a queen.

She was selling bottles, mainly of perfume, as well as a few potions and other substances. A battered sign at the front read:

ALKEMIA PERFUMES & APOTHECARY
50 CREDITS A BOTTLE
COMMISSIONS OPEN

OOC: What planet is this thread set on? I have no idea, it's just a random marketplace. The thread is open to anyone regardless of faction or affiliation; you come in and either ask about the goods already on display, or request that Ishani make something new. She specializes in perfumes, but can also whip up potions and the like. I really don't care how chaotic this gets, as long as you aren't dropping bombs on her stall or shooting up the marketplace, go nuts.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Leather Outfit, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Jax needed some perfume to help with his upcoming fights. He did buy some perfumes from Ishani's shop before and they worked like a charm. The Jedi Master left her a five-star review on the Holonet highly recommending her. It was good thing they worked because if they haven't, then not only will he be leaving a one-star review, but he would also post rants about how Ishani lied about her product. But Ishani proved to be a great perfume maker. Standing in front of Ishani's store, Jax smiled.

"Hey," Jax said. "You probably don't recognize me, but I bought some perfume from your site. Name's Jax Thio: Jedi Master of the Galactic Alliance. Was looking to but some more perfume from you."

Malcoma loved herself a good marketplace. Under the thin veil of business was the best place to hide the dopamine rush of window shopping.

Oooh, but maybe it wasn't just window shopping. Maybe it was shaping up to be a proper spree. The madam tried to pull her eyes from a scarf made from lush fur of some native animal. Mister Baldor had just gifted her a similar one; she didn't need another, even if it was in a different shade. She was having difficulty until a slightly sweet scent claimed her attention.

Some delectable pastry, or perhaps poured soy candles?

She turned around among other marketgoers. There was not a sign advertising baked goods or molded wax in sight, but there was one for perfumes and an apothecary. As she moved towards Ishani's stall, her own bodyguard, Damris, just managed to step from the malleable crowd after her.

"Hey. You probably don't recognize me, but I bought some perfume from your site. Name's Jax Thio: Jedi Master of the Galactic Alliance. Was looking to buy some more perfume from you."

Ishani's brow furrowed. "I'm surprised Jedi buy my products," she said. Although she supposed there was really no harm in what she made. Alchemized perfumes, yeah, very sinister. "Well, I've got my usual lineup today, along with a few newer items. Are you looking for more of the same, or something new?"

She gestured to the rows of colorful bottles arranged on the shelves and counter, each with a different design hinting at its nature. In the meantime, a blonde woman approached the stall along with a man who might've been her boyfriend or her bodyguard. Regardless, with a crowd developing, Ishani slid smoothly into saleswoman mode.

"The three most popular perfumes so far have been these." She pushed forward a green vial. "Echo, which has the power to restore forgotten memories when smelled on the skin..." Then a white atomizer with an eerie, arcane design. "Chthonic, which can ward off evil spirits and protect the body against possession..." Finally, a pink teardrop-shaped bottle. "And Blush, which contains pheromones that can make the wearer more likeable and attractive." She leaned back. "Of course, you can try them on before you buy."

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Leather Outfit, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse

"I guess I'm the first, just because a Jedi relies on the Force doesn't mean that they can't use anything else." Jax chuckled. "The perfume I've ordered on the net really me and my friend, so I figured that I come and meet the genius who created them."

He was in a pretty good mood due to the massive success of the Podracing even on Ossus. The sport he loves in on the rise, yet unfortunately duty calls and Jax was needed to confront the Sith on Asog and prevent them from acquiring a superweapon. It was a top-secret mission, so Jax needed to be vague on what he needed these perfumes for. "I'll take a Chthonic," Jax responded remembering its effectiveness. "Do you have any that can enhance my strength and speed?"

Damris easily caught up with Malcoma a few meters away from the stall. "You make my job hard, do you know that?" he asked, voice easily situated into a equally serious and playful register.

Picking up on the last, Malcoma rolled her eyes and swayed to the left, gently checking her side into him. "You're not here to work, remember?" she asked as she stepped back into her previous stride.

Damris chuckled. "I didn't have the market in mind."

Agoraphobic, right. Too many people in open places often wound up veterans of active duty. His overactive instincts made him a good bodyguard, had made him a good detective, but didn't allow him to relapse into relaxed civilian. "Nothing will happen here, baby," she assured, swaying again to link her arm under his. "Except perhaps the spending of a copious amount of credits."

That drew another chuckle. They stepped up to the counter together.

"Hello, darling," she greeted Ishani in between Jax's conversation before shifting her gaze to the displayed bottles.

Damris followed her eyes. "We could get something for the girls," he suggested.

That was probably a point for 'boyfriend'.

Ishani laid out a bottle of Chthonic for Jax, then paused as he made a second request. “I do have one that can make you feel as strong as ten men,” she said, adding a bottle of Seastone to his order. “But speed, I haven’t checked that box yet. I suppose I’ll have to make it so.

There, in front of everyone, she pulled out her kit. Vials of distilled essences were carefully measured out into a bottle, Ishani keeping track of the notes she used like a composer recording a symphony. She mixed the various elements together with an oil base, sniffed it, and continued working until her nose was satisfied. Then she closed her eyes, holding the sealed glass bottle, and concentrated. Her lips moved, uttering silent incantations, as she imbued the contents with the Force.

A perfume that increases speed,” she said, opening her eyes at last. “Smells fleeting, like smoke. What would be a good name for it?” If nothing more creative presented itself, she might just call it Smokestone, to serve as a companion piece to Seastone.

The blonde woman issued a greeting, and her boyfriend/bodyguard mentioned getting something for the girls. Ishani thought this meant daughters, either children or teenagers—though the woman didn’t look old enough to be the mother of teenagers, the man might be their father. “I have a few perfumes that are age-appropriate,” Ishani said. “Though I’d recommend you bring them along and let them choose what they like. Blind buys are always risky.

Utankan Medajo

U

Always between one mission and another, the best thing to do was to prepare. In military terms, this usually meant checking your weapons, cleaning them, loading them and maybe separate some stims and adrenals for the most critical moments. The problem was that stims and adrenals were more easily acquired if you had military affiliation, a mercenary or paramilitary, as he was now, would end up having to search for them in other sources that may or may not be more expensive. But he had heard that in the marketplaces, sometimes they had alternatives just as effective. One of the most common ones that mentioned him were perfumes.

Beexco:
Oh of course, because that's all the soldiers need on the battlefield: to be fragrant for slaughter! - He grumbled, with a tone of sarcasm and contempt.

But Utankan didn't care. He didn't think it was a conventional choice either, but it was worth a try at least. If they were as efficient as they told him to be, because they were perfumes, chances were it might not come out so expensive. At least that's what he expected.

And there he was, walking through the marketplace, in search of the tent, shop, or whatever it was under the name of Ishani. Her name was the most cited when they mentioned perfumes as an alternative solution, for his predicament. And he almost wouldn't have seen the sign signalling where she was established, since there were people sitting ahead, probably buying customers. Which was a good sign, so to speak.

Beexco: I think we found the person recommended to you, and that she has a diverse clientele indeed. - He commented indirectly wanting to imply the presence of the apparent Jedi.

Utankan didn't care, approached and stopped on Jax's left side. Behind him was his droid, a BX Series Commando unit, which curiously had a chassis painted green and gray and wore a black leather jacket. Utankan raised one of his arms, and gave a slight knock on the table, as if to knock on a door. What made the droid behind him start talking:

Beexco:
My Master salutes you, and he would like to know what you have to offer to be effective in combat. Your name was copiously recommended by several people, in a Cantina on Onderon.

(OOC: imagine Beexco's voice as a digitalized James Marsters with British accent and all)

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcoma knew what Ishani was thinking. People normally thought the same. Most of them said something about it, but she rarely elaborated for reasons that would be obvious if those same people knew her and her girls' occupation. On the whole, the galaxy was still pretty hostile when it came to those who sold their body in a specific kind of way.

"That's not necessary," Malcoma replied with a smile. "We know them quite well." She smoothly took the tester vial of Blush down, unscrewed the cap, and swished the top under her nose, then paused before commenting on the pleasant smell. An exception for some expansion seemed to be in order just so that this shopowner didn't call security on two adults purchasing pheromone-infused perfume in heart-shaped bottle for little girls. "They're of age. And I think everyone will enjoy this one. I'll take six if you have them."

Last edited:
“The girls” were of age, and the blonde woman wanted six bottles of Blush for them. “They’re fifty credits each,” Ishani said, though given that was written on the sign the woman probably already knew the price. Still, a good idea to clarify things. “That’s three hundred credits total.

While she was ringing up the woman’s order, a droid approached the stall.

"My Master salutes you, and he would like to know what you have to offer to be effective in combat. Your name was copiously recommended by several people, in a Cantina in Onderon."

Ishani blinked at the droid. "A cantina on Onderon?" She never would've dreamed people on Onderon would even know she existed. It was an... intriguing thought. "All right, well—there's Seastone, which increases strength, and this new perfume I just concocted which enhances speed. I haven't settled on a name for it yet. Beyond that, I have one called Panic which can inspire feelings of paralyzing fear, clouding your opponent's senses if they get close enough to smell it on you. And, uh... oh, Sphere boosts Force sensitivity for a short time. Does any of that sound like it might interest your master?"

i have no clue what's happening
Perfumes weren't really Marus's specialty—neither were colognes or other smell-goods, for that matter, other than basic hygiene needs—but wandering around a marketplace on an early morning, he couldn't think of anything that was much more interesting or easily-enjoyable to go and see. Smell-nice things were probably a wonderful way to start the day. So, when he saw the shop that had been set up, especially with the one running it, he made a quick decision to go and investigate it.

It was only as he approached that he started hearing some of the...stranger things that the shopkeeper was saying about her perfumes. "Hell of a scent," he muttered to himself. He quietly waited behind the three that were ahead of him in the line, listening to the shopkeeper talk, and watching as she went about ringing up one of the orders. Short, noticeably pale, and...it looked like she had sad eyes, or maybe just tired. As she spoke, though, his eyes got drawn away from her for a moment to some of the bottles she had, with a noticeable void in their lineup where six had just been taken. A light pink sort of colour, it looked like, although the bottle itself was a little bit red.

He unstoppered one slightly—he thought he'd heard something about try-before-you-by—and took a whiff. A bit of an overly large one, but...

His eyes widened, and it almost seemed like his heart stopped.

Oh yeah. I'm gonna have to buy some of these.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Ishani noticed a man sniffing a bottle of Blush. It was love at first whiff, judging by the expression on his face. It was a look she had seen before, on another man's face, years ago - and on other faces, over and over again, always the same reaction. Like they'd been electrified, or shot in the back by an arrow, or... yeah, you get the idea.

Clearing her throat, she asked, "Can I help you, sir?"

Marus was shaken out of his momentary reverie as the girl running the stall spoke to him. He turned back, meeting her eyes directly. He blinked twice, though he'd at least long since learned the art of keeping his mouth closed when he was still trying to figure out what to say.

"I'll buy the other six," he replied as soon as he could get the words out, where they blurred together almost too quickly for easy understanding. "Three...three hundred, right?" He pulled a credit chip out of his pocket. He knew he'd have enough to buy them all, he'd managed quite the hefty payout for the ship he'd stolen from the Brotherhood of the Maw on Csaus...after downloading all the information it still had to a datapad and clearing its memory banks first. The datapad went to the Jedi, the ship—that had already been written off months ago—sold to some used ship emporium a few systems spinward of the one he was in currently.

All to finance buying his own, not-associated-with-traumatic-memories ship, and six bottles of smell-good. Four for women and two for men, he might've noticed if he hadn't been entirely distracted by the scent.

"I, uh...I also have a debit code, if you'd prefer to just punch that in instead of reading my credchip. No hard cash though."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

The gentleman seemed a bit discombobulated. Not surprising, given that he'd just inhaled extra-strength synthetic pheromones straight from a bottle. Oh great, he was making eye contact. Now that she looked at him more closely, he gave off a definite himbo vibe. But hey, as long as she got another three hundred credits from it, and he didn't start humping her leg or something...

"Yeah, three hundred. I'll take a debit code, but it better not bounce," she replied. Her tone was meant to be joking, but it sounded harder than she'd intended. Debit codes could bounce, right? Or was that just checks?... Did people still use checks?...

He handed over the credchip he'd fished from his pocket, resisting the urge to let his internal frown become an external one. "Early morning?" he asked, conversationally. As his nostrils cleared of the pheromone smell that had been embedded in them, he gradually started to notice the scent that the shopkeeper herself was wearing. Was that...

"Ghibli leaves?"

Oh, right, he'd said that out loud. "Ope."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Utankan Medajo

U

Utankan listened to her explanations about which of one those could do. He could never even fathom the idea of perfumes being able to do that much, which means, that, probably, they wouldn't be as cheap as he imagined. Wasn't expecting anything free, of course, an artist is an artist, and people have to make a living. But he expected to be not as much as an adrenal or stim would go for. Since it would be his first try ever using perfumes, he decided he would buy just one this time. If it was any good, that would make him come back for more for sure. So looked the flasks, sometime lightly touching them as he ran his eyes over - reading whatever as in them - but he wouldn't dare to pick'em up just yet.

"Aarrragghuuhw wrrhwrwwhw aarrragghuuhw aguhwwgggghhh huuguughghg"

Beexco: My Master would like to know how much for the Seastone one.

Of course that if Ishani was fluent in wookiee she probably got that without Beexco translation. But that was one of the primary functions of the droid, so he couldn't avoid act as an interpreter. And a human that apparently only talks in wookie to the point of needing of an interpreter droid was really uncommon.

Malcoma was no stranger to making sure her pocketbook was balanced. It was almost always better to make sure all parties were aware of financial expectations before services or goods were exchanged for money. "Done, darling," she said, producing a card worth three hundred credits from her the wallet hidden deep in her purse. She stepped out of line to allow other customers to do their business, smoothly passing her shopping bag off to Damris as he followed.

And then they were gone, swallowed back up by the market crowd.

Ishani stared at the himbo. “I had a little accident this morning with a sample vial. But yes. Ghibli leaves.

The droid translated for its master, who was apparently speaking Wookiee. Ishani was too tired to be surprised. “Fifty credits per bottle,” she replied. “If you want a bigger container, the price will go up.”

The blonde woman left with her purchases, and even left a glowing review. “Thank you, have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom