Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ain't No Sass in Our Kaas [Silver Sanctum Dominion of Dromund Kaas]

[7/20]

Judah kept a hand on Makai's shoulder. It was a light grip to remind the boy he was there, as well as not to gather the courage to wander off. No worker needed a little boy in their way asking questions about their job at the moment. The other shook Zej's hand with equal enthusiasm. It was clear the man was excited about his work -- Judah appreciated the attitude set forth, the liking of salvage. Many didn't like the work or want to do it, citing it as picking over graves.

Obviously, Judah thought differently.

"Excellent work Zej, I like what I see....Hope you don't mind me bring the boy along, trying to show my son what we do here at Salacia."

"Not at all Mr.Dashiell. Happy to see the next generation gain interest in hard work."

Zej, a rather portly man, began to walk towards some of the activity and motioned for the two to come along.

"We're finding a high number of metals in the wiring.Copper and gold mainly. Some silver in the computer guts. Labor droids are loading them onto our freighters to take back to melt. Surprised us really, didn't expect this aliens to go all out in their systems. Outdated but at least the quality is there, ya know?"

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Naamah Aesham"]

5/20

Entering a large cavern seemingly tailor made for evil ceremonies, the cultists formed a series of three concentric rings.

From a hidden passage beneath a truly repulsive statue stepped a cadre of cultists in more ornate robes. Their leader, the possible magister of the group, raised his hands.

“Children. We come here today to bear witness to the rising of our lord and master, the Great Leviathan. He shall rise and devour the pitiful Jedi who claim ownership over this world. The sky will darken with his presence and blood of the infidels shall run like rivers.”

Tamara took a chance to look around. All of the cultists were staring in rapt attention, sometimes cheering, sometimes chanting.

All the cultists but one. One of them seemed…different. How curious. She looked away, not wanting to stare.

A look around at the surroundings. Opportunities and dangers filled her mind.

“And now, to awaken the Leviathan, blood is needed! Bring the sacrifices!”

Dressed in white, a group of young men and women were hustled forward towards a forbidding altar.

Tamara slipped back behind the third ring and edged her way towards the altar. This would take careful timing….

Objective: Provide Aid (5)
Allies: [member="Valae Kitra"]

Looking out the viewport aboard the shuttle heading for Dromund Kaas, Thurion watched as the pilots skillfully navigated through the floating debris while descending towards the planet. Even from above atmosphere did it look so beaten and mangled from years of neglect and damage caused by various parties. Dromund Kaas had for thousands of years shared a history with the likes of Korriban for their close connection to the Dark side, as well as the many incarnations of Sith and Imperials inhabiting them. Such legendary times had effectively been all but wiped of their splendor, and what remained was the harsh truth of it all; of war, chaos, death and defeat. These people, no matter their allegiance at the time, did not deserve this hellhole it had turned into.

Turning to his padawan stood beside him, Thurion settled a hand upon her shoulder. "Soon you will see the effects of galactic warfare, and its aftermath," he said. They were not encouraging words, nor were they intended as such. "Once we've reached out destination there will be much work to be done; people in need of food and medicine, homes in need of rebuilding. You may see things you wish you hadn't..." In fact, he could only imagine the conditions these people must live in nowadays, with the Empire gone and the vast majority of the planet in ruins with no-one to pick up the pieces. Until today, that is.

Breaking through atmosphere alongside many more shuttles like it, they soon reached their destination: Kaas City. At least, the ruins of Kaas City. Once they set foot on the decaying planet, Thurion recoiled at the dire state of things right away just as the shuttles emptied themselves of medical personnel and construction crews. "This used to be the jewel of the Sith Empire. To see it reduced to this..."

mystical_ruins_by_chris_karbach-d7149r4.jpg

Naamah Aesham

Redemption is the path, not the destination
(8)
[member="Tamara"]

"Blood is life. Blood is power! Through sacrifice, we show devotion. Our dedication to him shall be written in blood!" These words were repeated by the cultists, as the chanting inside the large cavern rose to the heavens as the group of chained, sacrificial limbs were led towards the altar. How cliched.

Judging by their looks, at least some of them had been drugged. Some of the cultists cheered, others chanted loudly as if speaking in unison like a bunch of borg. One wondered how many of them were simply going along with it because they feared they'd be the ones devoured.

That's not even the right knife, Naamah thought to herself contemptuously when the cultist leader stepped forward and produced an ornate dagger that had various symbols engraved upon the blade. One of the sacrificial victims, a little girl, seemed to wake up from her daze and struggled futilely, but was unable to escape. Likewise she was unable to scream due to being gagged.

"I take no pleasure in this, but know that you are a chosen one," he said piously. "All of you. Only the worthiest can awaken him. He shall protect us when the Daemon Akala rises once more. When the Jedi and Sith warmongers bring devastation to this world. For he is..."

Unfortunately for the magister, he would be unable to complete this inspiring speech and thus enlighten his audience. Quietly, Naamah produced a shattergun concealed inside her grey robe. His in her eyes frankly ridiculous looking mask offered no defence against a tiny, silenced projectile propelled at hyper-velocity. The projectile pierced his mask and made polite conversation with his cranium, splattering blood and brain matter everywhere, the magister fell to the stone ground with a loud thump like a puppet whose strings had been pulled. Pandaemonium broke out across the hall when Naamah tossed a flashbang into the middle of the fray.

(9)
[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

The Heir to the Hyperlanes would be greeted politely by a couple Coalition minions and then guided to the medbay where Siobhan was currently resting. The Countess looked tired, but smiled genuinely when Mara appeared.

"Hey, Mara. Welcome. Goodness, you've grown, dear," she said warmly. She would have gotten up and hugged the girl, but alas it seemed her legs would not cooperate. Apparently they didn't like the idea of her thrashing frigates so they'd decided to make their disapproval known by turning to jellie.

"Come closer, sweetie. Let me give you a hug." Mara was an adult, had fought Sith Masters and recently ended up becoming massively rich, but Sio could not help falling back into maternal patterns. Especially after the loss the young woman had just suffered. Her eyes fell upon the crystal Mara had brought with her. It radiated a massive amount of Light Side goodness. "What have you got there?" she asked curiously. Siobhan was no expert on arcana.

3/20

Harley could see the Jedi, they had come done by shuttles. There where murmurings in the crowds, as it was there allies that did this too them. They knew the mandalorian called [member="Captain Larraq"], was the one who puled the trigger. Yet some blamed the jedi for letting them, as by that time they where already defeated. She could feel some anger towards them, and she getting of on it. This was not necessarily going to be a smooth ride for the slivers, these people once where a proud and powerful people, who knew true power with the sith leading them. Lot's of them blamed there ancient enemy for there downfall, and some saw this as there chance of revenge. Harley knew this meant there would be bod on the streets by night fall, she just wonder which side she was going to join. As killing Jedi was fun, but so was stealing form people who have nothing. She decide to fin somewhere o sit down, and wait for the resentment to build up with them and see if she poke it a little bit.

She wanted to see how the Jedi acted with a baying mob, who actually did not like them. Would they hold true to there beliefs, or would they fight a helpless mob that harbored resentment towards them?

Objective: Provide Aid (5)
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Valae’s hands were clasped quite tightly in her lap, and she kept her eyes focused on them as their shuttle navigated through the debris. She trusted their pilot, but it was still a bit unsettling to be flying so close to the wreckage. Though, the padawan knew that this sight would be nothing compared to what they would soon be dealing with on the surface of Dromund Kaas. She felt Thurion’s hand upon her shoulder and she turned as he spoke to her. His words were honest, and she knew that he was trying to help prepare her for their task at hand. Valae was kind to a fault, and she felt at her best when she was taking care of others. This mission to Dromund Kaas would surely test her nerves and give her a chance to feel truly useful.

As their shuttle touched down, Valae took a deep breath to gather herself and she exited alongside her master. Her dark eyes grew wide at the landscape that stretched out before them, and she felt a sinking feeling inside. She could barely even imagine what Kaas City could have been like before; the pieces of the puzzle were far too damaged to try. For a moment she could say nothing, only take in the devastation all around them.

“Where do we start?” She asked as she looked up to Thurion. It was clear that there was much to do.

Objective: Salvage
Allies: [member="Setzi Lunelle"]
Enemies: The Dark Side
3/20

The Pirate's Foe began its descent into Dromund Kaas' atmosphere, Krux handling the joystick with precision. He was never an expert pilot, really, Setzi was probably a much better pilot than he was. He was at the helm because she was resting before she came up here.

The Dark Force Temple. Krux had never been, nor heard much about it. If it was anything like the rest of Dromund Kaas, it was a beacon of Dark Side energy, and it already poked at his soul like he was supposed to relish the feeling. It made goosebumps form on his arms, and he knew he'd have to dress more heavily going in.

Finally, Krux guided the Foe to a large opening in the jungle as close as he could get to the Temple. He did it more skillfully this time, too. It wasn't a rough landing like it was on Ilum this time, and Setzi would be able to tell he was getting better at flying her bulky transport vessel.

He stood up and took his silver fur cloak off his chair and whipped it around his shoulder and slid his arms into it, "I want you to stay close to me in here, Setzi. You're still defenseless and vulnerable to the Dark Side. If there are any other darksiders here, we do the same thing we did on Ilum. Let me handle it. Don't wander off too far...okay?" he asked, offering her his gloved hand.

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Naamah Aesham"]
6/20

Edging behind the mob, Tamara had just about to be make her move when…action! An almost inaudible sound, but it had immediate results. The Magister’s head exploded, and then a flashbang added to the chaos. Cultists were running hither and thither, but some of the armed ones were coming back out for blood.

Identifying the lone gunner as the odd sensing one from before, Tamara knew whoever they were they might have some issues with twenty cultists descending on them.
A glance around…and up…to the statue.

“Who dares to awaken the Leviathan?” boomed a deep voice through the cavern.
“Master, we seek to strike this infidel who dared interrupt your ritual!” one called.
“Oh ye of little faith! How knoweth thou that this was not my design? The Magister was impure, the time is not right. Return in ten cycles and the ritual will be successful.”
There was general confusion. “And…the assassin?”
“Leave them and the sacrifices to me. I will consume them as payment for this intrusion, though it was by my design.”
There was some shuffling of feet and awkward looks.
“Obey!” the voice thundered. The roof shook and boulders rose into the air menacingly.
The cultists fled, leaving the assassin alone, along with the would be sacrifices.
When they were gone, Tamara popped out from behind the statue and discarded the uncomfortable robes.
“Well, that was exciting. Though a bit more violent than I had intended, you did the job. I’m Tamara…and you are?”

Naamah Aesham

(10)
[member="Tamara"]

And so there was chaos! The magister's head exploded messily in a moderately over the top shower of gore and violence. Confused cultists were running hither and thither, others suddenly produced blasters and began firing, but then a loud, deep voice boomed across the cavern.

Pumped full of adrenaline and with her heartbeat quickening, Naamah had hidden behind an old stone pillar, though there was no doubt she would not have been able to last long. However, even with her severely dimished senses she felt the ripples in the Force as the Voice of Command spoke. It did not take her long to figure out this was not the probably fictional 'Great Leviathan'. Abruptly the cultists scattered and fled from the cavern, leaving their sacrificial lambs.

Slowly, Naamah lowered her gun and stepped out of the shadows, dropping the uncomfortable robes. "Kayla Hart," she spoke. Apparently she had a new alias in every thread. She scrutinised the woman who'd introduced herself as Tamara. She could sense that the woman was powerful, though she could not assess how strong. However, she didn't look or feel like a Jedi. That was good. "I take it you 'put the fear of god' into this band of lunatics."

Tamara

The Eternal Exile
[member="Naamah Aesham"]
7/20

“Kayla? Ah,” Tamara said, with a small nod. “I did ensure that they took the right decision, yes,” Tamara commented with an easy smile.

Walking over to the sacrifices she undid their bonds and removed the gags.
“Let’s get you people out of here. I’m guessing you’re here to do the same, Kayla?” Tamara asked over her shoulder. Even if Kayla’s methods were a bit bloodier than she preferred, Tamara could see it was a nice gesture.

One of the sacrifices, the one first up for the knife, started to cry.
“You’re safe now, it’s alright,” Tamara said.
“It is not alright!” she retorted angrily. “You’ve ruined everything!”
Head tilted to the side, Tamara blinked. “You wanted to be sacrificed?”
“It’s a damn sight better than my life now! And all those years wasted! I had to sit around indoors at night rather than go out in case I lost my…qualifications.”
“But you were trying to get away at the end.”
“Well…I knew I would be joining the Leviathan as his handmaiden, but it’d still hurt a bit. One little prick, they said.”
Tamara gave a wry glance at Kayla. “Oh, they always say that, dear. And they’re usually right….”

Objective: 2, 4
[1/20]

Two men stood in front of one of the CIC's holo-tanks, observing the flow of starships and the occasionally tumbling piece of the wrecked alien mothership. The raven-haired man cleared his throat.

"Doesn't seem to be the most inviting world," observed Welche, "at least by sight alone."

Gir ruefully shook his head, "You mean the starship wreckage in orbit and a bleak and desolated surface with all that history behind it?"

"Beneath it," offered Welche, "at least I hope some of it is several meters beneath the surface."

"Thankfully, I don't think we'll be having to really set foot on the world's surface for our mission," said the blonde man.

The former Republic officer tapped a button on his comlink, causing the holo-tank to focus on the small Directorate convoy carrying a mixture of relief supplies and war material to deter future attacks on the world. The Watchkeeper was the largest ship present, but it seemed out of place compared to the rest of its company. Just to its port, the cetacean-shaped Circinus-class Bulk Corvette Lacaille drifted along with a trio of its sisterships and a pack of tramp freighters and shuttles.

Objective:Investigate and/or loot ruins and tombs
Allies: No known

Kurayami guided his craft down through the atmosphere of Dromund Kaas. Kriffing hell the orbit was in rough shape, all sorts of old circular ships dotted the skies. Another place that reeked of the darkside, even to him. He was not trained in any real way though he had done some reading on the way over...okay so more than a little. That had been the entire trip for him was reading up on Dromund Kaas and seeing what, if anything, was worth checking out. Having seen multiple mentions of a 'Dark Temple' that either was or was not reduced to rubble by now, he figured he would at least see if there was anything behind it other than a highly unimaginative name for a temple built by the ancient Sith.

As he approached the area marked on his HUD he flipped on his active and passive sensor systems to get a better idea of the topography. That was the only issue with the ship being home. He always had to find a large open and relatively flat area to set down a nearly 100 meter long transport. Upon finding a place that was surprisingly close to his destination he initiated the landing sequence and grabbed his helmet locking it in place, listening to the slight hiss of it sealing to the suit. This would be his first outing in his new armor, there was only a single holster now, holding his trusty T-6 along with the extra clips needed. On the belt hung the only saber he had ever activated, though never in anger only as a memorial.

He had been working on quieting his mind on the way over while still trying to learn about the planet he would be on. As he stepped onto the surface he could tell that it was a good thing that the bodysuit was insulated. And was weatherproofed, because this was a rather wet world. He didn't make straight for the Dark Temple taking a few moments to survey the area and test the enhanced optics suite. There were far more vision modes than he was used to and it was taking some getting used to but thankfully the interface wasn't too cluttered even with the 360 degree HUD. He had a feeling that was going to come in rather handy in the future. Hopefully not too soon as he was still quite lightly armed. He took a few short video clips utilizing each vision mode to get a comprehensive set of data that he could later work from to see if there was anything hidden near his landing site. He linked his HUD To his ship through the encrypted Holonet transceiver and sent the data he had recorded in a quick transmission before moving on.

Again, as on Korriban, his pace was a slow and methodical one as he approached the ruins of the Dark Temple. If he remembered correctly these had been collapsed roughly 4,485 years earlier in 3641 BBY. He didn't remember much outside the years but did remember mention of it being a Darkside nexus. Here again the feeling of despair was overwhelming, but he was prepared now. He had been focusing on keeping his mind focused on basic, repetitive tasks to help keep any voices to a minimum. He didn't want a repeat of Korriban in the least, that was a bit too tiring for his tastes. The temple was truly in a terrible state of disrepair and just seeing it made him doubt if there was much information of any use in the collapsed areas. Only one way to find out though so with a shrug and string of rather colorful cursewords, he set off to find a way into the temple. He would leave as small of a footprint as was possible as he set the sensors on his helmet to passive data collection from each possible spectrum. That would be transmitted continuously as he moved through, only the video feeds would remain with him until he transmitted them himself. It would be a long day, of that he was sure.

Naamah Aesham

(11)
[member="Tamara"]

"Yes," Naamah, or rather 'Kayla', said laconically, then, after one last look to make sure no cultists would be defying their 'god' and pouncing on them, went over to help Tamara release the sacrifices.

As it turned out, she also happened upon a captive who was very unhappy about being freed. "How could you do this to me? Do you have any idea how much I had to beg for this honour?"

"You wanted to get your throat slit by a lunatic and drown in your blood?" Unless the person doing it was competent enough to severe all carotid arteries, dying from a slashed throat was quite a slow and very messy process!

"Yes! It would've hurt a bit, but then I would've been in a paradise full of wine fountains and beautiful virgins! Instead, I've been damned to live in this hell. There's nothing for me here." He threw himself onto the ground and prostrated himself before the grotesque statue. "Great Leviathan, I'm sorry!"

Bile rose up inside Naamah's stomach at his stupidity and ingratitude. Familiar urges bubbled up inside her. Contrary to popular belief, the dark side was not some sort of supernatural demon that pounced on naughty Forcers. Imagining it as a separate, conscious entity was a convenient way to shift responsibility for one's actions away from oneself.

No, it was the darkness inside someone, which took many forms. "You idiot," she hissed. In the old days she would have just drained his life force. She would have done it slowly to prolong his agony as the vampiric tendrils leeched his vitae from him, reducing him to a husk. Or she might've just dove into his mind and turned him into a vegetable.

She could not do any of this. But she could imagine an invisible power crunching down upon his throat till he stopped breathing. But then other images flashed through her mind. Blood, gore, torture. Screams. Hell. Of her own making. The Clawdite recoiled from the sight. She was not that person anymore...no, she was. She just didn't want to be her. She settled for kneeing him in the crotch. "Grow the feth up and stop whining! Unless you're that pathetic that you can't cope. There's no virgins, no snake god." Shooting him a contemptuous look, she backed away.

A third victim seemed more appreciative. "Those two are nuts! Those monsters killed my father. Thanks for saving us." Spontaneously, the teenage girl, who was bruised and had tears in her eyes, wrapped her arms around Naamah and pulled her into a hug. However, the woman seemed to freeze upon being touched. For some reason, it seemed like the act felt smothering to her. It took a good deal of control not to push the girl away.

"Yeah...you're welcome," Naamah said awkwardly and looked very uncomfortable, then gently disentangled herself from the girl. She tried to compose herself, taking a deep breath.

"What...what's wrong?" The teenager looked at her in confusion, but the Clawdite had already turned away from her and was walking towards the exit of the gloomy cavern.

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.
1/20
Medical

Ray could feel the taint from orbit. It was slight, there on the edge of her periphery but there nonetheless. It seemed almost like a sickness of the soul, a dark hand creeping into the mind to pluck hope and fear from obscurity and parade it before your eyes. There were planets in the galaxy that could bolster you and wrap you in the embrace of oneness with the light. Then there were planets that poisoned you slowly like lead in your water, slowly driving you mad.

Dromund Kaas was the latter.

The transport down had set on the outskirts away from the areas where they were trying to clear debris and rubble from the choke points where the wounded and desperate massed. She knew Kurayami was here, taking a ship to investigate an old ruin. In so much that she was an archaeologist, this trip required a very different set of skills. Today, she was here as healer, a deep blue ray of hope in a world of brown, cold, grey death.

Ray stepped out of the speeder and off into the ruins of the city, deeper into the settlement where the clinics and healers were in less supply. There were people here, with tired eyes and war running down their cheeks. They had seen death, they had seen hell and now that hell stared back out of their eyes at those who came to offer aid. She could feel the weight of death and sorrow in them, like an indictment of the peacekeepers and aid givers.

"Reactive again, Blue. A bandaid on a stab wound while the galaxy bleeds out," she muttered to herself.

She heard the call for help from a side street and she ran towards the sound. It was young man, pleading, screaming for anyone to come. Raylia skidded up to him, a hand on him as she spoke.

"What's the matter?"

He stammered, trying to get everything out as he pointed desperately to a house near by. She managed to get him to calm down enough to spit it out as she moved to the door.

His wife was in labor, a month early. Her water had broken and their calls for emergency services were falling on deaf ears due to the injured from the attack. The ambulances were overtaxed. Raylia found her on a bed, as the young man pleaded that they needed to get his wife to a doctor. Raylia smiled gently as she bent down and smooth the woman's brow.

"Don't worry, Mama. Your man found you a Jedi healer. You will see this child soon."

Objective:Investigate and/or loot ruins and tombs
Allies: No known

As he approached the front of the Dark Temple, Kurayami truly realized how difficult it was going to be to find a way inside. Where once there had been a grand entryway, there was now only ruin and the bases of one towering statues. There was too much debris blocking the entrance to go in the normal way. While he did have a decent number of small detpacks on him, he reminded himself that he was here to research the structure, to learn from it and not destroy it. It was something he found he had to keep repeating to himself in the manner of a mantra because honestly he wanted to just blow a hole in a wall and go in that way. The only issue there is that it could cause further collapse or possibly destroy valuable information about the building itself. He contined to head towards the right of the structure noting that there seemed to be a winding hall that led from the central section to a smaller building on the perimeter. Hopefully there would be a way inside there and as long as the hall was relatively clear he could make his way easily enough into the main portion of the building.

Having decided this would be his best bet so far he started off towards the outer portion thankfully it wasn't too terribly far, but it wasn't what one would call a short walk either. As he approached the structure he switched the vision mode to passive light amplification, allowing him to see things much clearer. After a good hour of walking he came to the top of the hill where the temple was located. Taking advantage of the electrobinoculars he zoomed in on his destination and began to look over what he could see slowly. While there were certainly a few cracks here and there that he could make out, nothing was large enough to fit through. He pressed onward towards the rightmost side of the extension and repeated the same process. Nothing. The outermost wall was solid. As she continued his slow walk and rounded the corner of the building he did notice that there was a section of the main wall that had collapsed near where the all began. It would serve nicely and would place him in the central chamber. There was going to be some climbing involved but this wasn't a new collapse so hopefully the ruins had settled for the most part.

Within a couple minutes he was at the entrance he had seen figuring out the best way up the pile of rubble. There were a few pieces near the top that had fallen on their sides giving a good platform to work from, but much of the other rubble was angled to a degree that without a grapple he was out of luck getting up there. Closer to the intersection of the hall and main chamber though there was a piece of wall that was at a lesser angle which while not shallow enough to walk up wouldn't present too difficult of a climb so long as he used the chips present in the rock to pull himself up. Looked like this was his best option, hanging his head slightly and audibly sighing he started his climb up to the mostly horizontal portion of the debris.

It was about 10 minutes later he had come to realize that he made a mistake in selecting this particular chunk to climb. For one he had underestimated the size, which was an embarrassing oversight, and one he hoped Raylia would not find out about. He doubted if she would let him live such a thing down. He knew that she would want to look over any data he could collect, given that it tended to be her job. He was being as thorough as he could to make sure she had plenty to draw from. Finally reaching the top after a few close calls with rather slick handholds, he stepped onto the portion of the wall that was closest to level. That just left getting down. It was clear he hadn't thought this far ahead. So being the type to carefully weigh out all options, he jumped down. On the list of things that he should not have done, this was likely the top of the list. Thankfully he hit a couple section of wall on the way down that helped to break his fall, along with giving him some nicely bruised ribs and a dislocated shoulder as 25 foot drops tend to be unkind to the human body.

For a few minutes he just laid there in pain, getting his breath back and swearing that he would have to edit that part out. Damned video recorders. After stading and finding that the nearby wall gave him a good way to pop his shoulder back into joint, he began to scan the area, both zoomed in and in standard view modes while the passive sensors collected data from other sources. It was eerie to be the only one walking in the halls of a Darkside nexus yet this had been his choice. After making a full scan of his immediate area he turned left and started down the hall near where he made his graceful entrance. This would be the first portion to be fully explored. after that he would move on and see where the Force guided him.

8/20
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Mara hugged Sio, but gingerly, conscious that the older woman was either exhausted or outright injured. Even so, she felt like she got the better end of the deal. She'd needed a hug with an almost Circean desperation.

"This?" she said as she drew back, careful not to touch Sio with the gemstone hanging from her fist. She twirled the chain. "The Ankarres Sapphire. It can't touch you without burning you, but pound for pound, this thing outclasses the Healing Crystals of Fire. And I've had a good bit of practice with it."

She had enough first aid training, and had spent enough time around medics, to understand that hand-waved healing was the weakest kind. The Sapphire, however, could provide its own detail work, seamlessly integrating Mara's own efforts. Whatever ailed Sio began to, you know, no longer ail.

Kalinai Soluza

Supreme Ultimate Pirate Empress
@EVERYONE
8888/20
Or 44,440% :D

The Flying Pineapple appeared! Verily it was a great and noble ship.

Why was it here? Now, that’s just philosophical.

In the most direct sense, it was here because Kalinai Soluza had heard about mad salvage, yo!

So in flew her corvette and its compilation of piratical pirates.

Looking at the big battleships she frowned. “Who are these guys anyway? Golden Horde right?”
“Silver Coalition,” her first mate Elayne put in patiently.
“Why silver? Did they come second or something?” Kalinai pondered.

“Open up a channel to them. Uhh…yeah, we’ll tell them we’re here to salvage stuff.”
“Unknown ship, this is the Pioneer. This is a restricted area. State your intent.”
“Touchy. Ahem, uhh, Pioneer. This is the Flying Pineapple. We’re here to salvage!”
“We do not have your ship on the list of representatives contracted.”
“Oh, I’m totally expected. Contact…uhh…what’s her name. Uhh…Kerrigan! Yeah, [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] will totally vouch for me. Or touch me. Either one.”
“Uh huh. We’ll pass your message on for verification. Hold your position.”
“Oh, and tell her that…uhh…I’ve got a present for her!”
She’d probably met Siobhan before and knew the other woman liked presents. It wasn’t bribery if it was freely given, right?

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.
2/20
Medical

Raylia had managed to get some water, she had towels, she had sheets and had gotten word to someone in the Sanctum that there was an emergency over in the other side of the city. The medics had told her it would be at least 30 minutes before they could get anyone there, but checking her patient, she knew that she would not make it that long. The crown of the baby's head was visible already. Raylia poured energy and calmness through her hands as she moved them over the swollen belly of the mother, her husband wiping her brow with a cool cloth.

She had done what she could so far, from what she could tell, there was no wound or defect that was openly visible. The mother had been on bedrest, high risk pregnancy. The stress of the last few days was more than her blood pressure could manage. The woman cried out in pain as she breathed swallow, her husband fearful as he held her hand. She was not going to make it until the ambulance. Raylia gloved up and got down at the end of the bed.

"Alright, mama. It's time to meet this little one. Push. Push for me!"

Raylia could have used more light but she would not complain about the conditions. These people had lived through the nightmare that claimed their neighbors. This was a joyful day and the darkside so prevalent on this planet would not color this occasion.

9/20

"General Jorus Merrill. I'm here to see Commander Boudica."

The Hythe Park guards had been your average Sith troopers once upon a time. Hardened by local conditions and softened by the people's needs, they were now something else entirely. He didn't need the Force to tell him that. Even so, his robe and saber made them nervous, and their armor made him nervous, and none of that could be avoided.

"What about?" said one.

Because she'll have felt my sister die, he didn't say. Because maybe she left a message. "Medical aid. Coordinating with Coalition forces. Dromund Kaas is under new management, and it's best that everything go smoothly. Can I see her, please?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom