Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Age of Chaos - Mandates

Rampant Frontier
"One needs a vision of the promised land in order to have the strength to move." -War and Peace
Strength: In the place of Dominion threads, this Major Faction may submit four quality unique Codex Location submissions by four unique writers completed that month to the Map Update thread.
Weakness: This Major Faction may not submit more than one Dominion thread a month.
Weakness: This Major Faction may not submit more than 12 Codex Location submissions to the Map Update thread a month.

I'll run out of questions eventually, I promise. But would Planets count toward subbed locations too? Or are we simply talking cities, temples, landmarks, etc?

4a450c38b1cb9ca3d0422114e7814c8dd66a4ef9.gifv

So I'm not usually a nay sayer for changes, but I gotta be honest I have a fairly strong revulsion to many of these.

Some of them I see the potential to grow in me, but by and large I hate pretty much all of these.

Question about Carrion Fields:
Carrion Fields
"And the dead bodies of this people will be food for the birds of the air, and for the beasts of the earth, and none will frighten them away." -Jeremiah 7:33
Strength: When another Major Faction is recalled a second time, if it has more hexes than this Major Faction, this Major Faction will be provided the option to swap influence clouds.
Weakness: If two or more Major Factions possess this Mandate and choose the same viable targeted Influence Cloud in any given period of time, an Invasion thread must be launched on the recalled Major Faction's Capital Hex to choose the victor with all valid Major Faction's that possess this Mandate invited to join.

Is this saying that if, say when ORC was still on the board, on their second recall, and if a smaller faction like Darkwire were to have this, they would occupy a new space inside of ORC with ORC surrounding them (until they poof), or that literally the territory of ORC and Darkwire would swap places, Darkwire has ORCs old influence cloud, and ORC has Darkwire's old influence cloud?

I can understand and justify the former scenario, but I find the second one to be completely ridiculous and unconscionable.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
scratches head

Mandates that have no weaknesses and mandates that have weaknesses that impact factions that don’t have that mandate...

I’m all for change... but change that makes sense. Some of these mandates seem like they were noodles tossed on a wall to see if they’d stick. And the wording on a few are confusing as the questions seem to indicate.

These look rushed... not gonna lie.

Manifest Fleetocracy
"It is a blessing for a man to have a hand in determining his own fate." -Edward 'Blackbeard' Teach
Strength: Invasions and Rebellions this Major Faction partakes in have a 5th Victory Condition: Fleeting. The winner of this Victory Condition is not determined by the amount of ships, fleets, admirals, or battles won or highest scores tallied. The winner of this Victory Condition will be determined by subjects such as, but not limited to, the actions of individuals and groups in naval scenarios, the use of ships, space stations, or other Fleet elements in play for the story's narrative. The determination and strategy of each Faction is not usually the deciding factor, but rather how it impacts the story as it unfolds and is influenced by the actions of each Faction, and how engaging it is towards the collaborative writing scene for all writers involved. For example, the Millenium Falcon can win this Victory Condition against an entire fleet of Star Destroyers and a Death Star.

Absolutely Blessed. RIP though to all the RPJ's who have to now sift through the minutia of the 6D Chess playing fleeters.​

I will advise, though, that a common fight we had behind the curtain was "weaknesses".

My angle is, don't suggest weaknesses for the sake of weaknesses.

An often overlooked angle here is, one of the biggest weaknesses each Mandate has is the other mandates. For example, Vagrant Fleet looked fun. Well received by the community last update. Seemed unique, fun, fresh. Galactic Nomads got used... once, I think?

How many Major Factions used it? For how long?

e01fc03719d782fa2139b6edbfe237e0.png

How many useless snowflake mandates makes ya'll go "ooooo" while the MF's pick Dominion, Invasion, or other Influence Cloud expanding Mandates. Stop shying away from giving the people what they want, I say. Stop trying to put brakes on the train, I say.

No training wheels, no brakes, no safe spaces. This is Star Wars. And wars have consequences.

When a challenger idea pops in your brain pan, here's a link for the lazy: https://www.starwarsrp.net/forums/ask-questions-submit-feedback.5/

The only thing that shuts me up is a damn good idea.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

For me, I understand the want for this to be brought back (it was a safety net for some factions and used as an escaped) but with the update done to the Mandate "Relentless Horde," it all but makes bringing this Mandate back null and void.

For example, say a faction chose "Galactic Nomad" as their mandate, but then a faction later chose "Relentless Horde." That faction is now locked in to the "Galactic Nomad" mandate until the 60 days has passed that they can change it with no means to even utilize what its potential benefit was. This effectively now just forces that faction into a Mandateless position where they have no opportunity to change for some time.

Ariel Yvarro

A
Tefka Tefka for Hybrid Support the whole designated 3 hexes outside of the influence cloud count as capital hex tiles. Is that basically...

A Major Faction licking 3 hexes outside of its cloud of influence and saying IT'S OURS KINDA. For sixty days?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding that correctly.

Reactions: Dak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom