Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Act III: Insurrection

Kila Cadau

Mando Rally Master (With a metal kneecap)
Some House - Rebel
@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Noah Corek"] @Basaba Williamina

"Preliat!" She shouted, thankful to see a familiar face. Grinning under her helmet as she heard her vod's roar - she knew exactly what he meant - she raced across to the hole the OP soldier had made a split second earlier, slipping through it. She turned, checking that nobody unwanted was about to follow her through, before following Corek. "Basaba." She said, nodding a greeting to the other Mandalorian as she entered the room Preliat was in. She scanned the streets as best she could through whatever opening there was, looking for any familiar faces. She saw one, from the alley she'd just ducked into a few moments earlier. Mia Monroe. Well, who knew. Then again, this was Mandalore...not a huge surprise. And Verz. And oh look, Gilamar...

Carn Dista

C
The Alley of Infinite Spawning.
Presumably rebel.

Run. Jog. Walk.

Saunter?

Saunter. Stroll. Relax.

A Jedi needed inner peace in order to function. And inner peace needed clarity of mind. And that camr from relaxing. He had no clue as to how or why he was here, however the gunfire and Mandalorian architecture went some way to suggest a civil disturbance on some colony or another. If Carn was younger, he might have rushed headfirst into the fray, lightsaber ablaze just to see what was going on, however he was older than he was. In his fourty four years of age, Carn had learned something very important about this kind of thing:

Relax. Take your time. Be cautious and trust in the Force.

And so he advanced onwards in a leisurely manner, always staying roughly parallel to the sounds of combat. There would be something that showed up to give him cause to react, however it was best for him to bide his time, and find a way to survey the situation...

Mandalore the Insurgent

M
Rebel
Undisclosed Location

Chaos reigned in the waystation beneath the bowels of a once great city. Around the man called Mandalore the Insurgent, the last vestiges of the resistance scurried about, ferrying information from station to station. Perimeter checks were being conducted, scanners checked. Shots were being reported from the city, and that meant that someone out there was making enemies.

He had no operatives out there. The resistance hadn't had operatives out there in a long time; not with that damnable fortress rearing it's ugly black head across the skyline. If those people didn't quite know who their enemy was, they need only turn their attention towards the vast edifice that dominated the now-destroyed city.

It was, after all, the only true piece of architecture left standing. An unblemished island amid a sea of desolation; an island that screamed stay away.

"Do we have any information on what's going on up there?" Reports had been filtering in over the past couple minutes and he still hadn't been able to make sense of them.

"Not yet, Mand'alor." Came the shout of a scout who was still gearing up to head topside.

Inhaling sharply, eyes dropping to the old paper map on the table in front of him, he shook his head and placed his hands on his hips. They didn't need this kind of attention, not now. They were dangerously close to collapse as is. "Someone get me Melantha!"

A rapid series of bootsteps told him a number of people had taken off to do just that. He needed information, and he needed it now.

Deadend Alley- REBELS

"Ace!" Vulpesen was surprised at the deep tone of his voice, and he had already figured that he had aged quite a bit, and quite well. Leaping over a row of trash bins, the shadow used the force to hurl them at the approaching enemy, slamming a few of them into the wall. Ahead of him was a dead end, and he figured that he would have to make a stand here. "Oh, come on!" Taking a few steps back, Vulpese found the blond head of a curled up @Kira Liadan hiding in a puddle. She seemed familiar, but he wasn't completely sure how. But he could sense the force within her. "Excuse me ma'am, but I may need your assistance. Are you capable of wielding a light saber?" He second saber was kept within his jacket and could be seen during some of his wider deflections as he held off the assault. "If not, I may have a blaster you can use as well." As if to emphasize his points, the jedi pulled a pistol from the coat and used it to fire into a group of about fifteen men who were currently trying to kill him.

Rebel

Arla looked at the streets, was it so long ago that they had been here. It was so empty, so cold and gray, no life echoed in the streets. It was as if someone or thing had dropped from the sky and taken everything away. It hurt in her chest, her spirit, everywhere. Her once orange and black armor looked dull as dust collected on it.

They had to find out what happen. Then a bit of fear hit her, was @[member="Arrbi Betna"] here, was he still alive! oh god she had to know if her friend, her teacher, her rescuer lived.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Ordo"]

KURSED

She moved now, letting the force and well everything flow inward. All that energy, all that evil and pain mixed with a kicker of darkness, strife. It was blissful even but she wanted to enjoy her time now as the chainsword revved as it sank into flesh and connected with others. Oh sweet blissful exuberance to the point her own violence became almost masturbatory to the end. The ones who were here and fighting were doing so in vain but why tell them that when she could show them letting her eyes flick around with a laugh resonating deep in her throat.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@Preliat Mantis @Noah Corek @[member="Basaba Willamina"]
REBEL-SOME HOUSE
"Basaba,its good to see you again" Noah called out to her as he entered the room that all three of the Mando's were in. "But first thing first. Does anyone here know what the feth is going on here?" Noah asked with a raised voice as he sat down and made sure that the ACR he had 'acquired' from one of the dead soldiers upstairs was intact,as well as the ammo harness he had looted.

@Noah Corek @Basaba Williamina @[member="Kila Cadau"]

BUILDING, SNUG AS A BUG, MANDALORE CITY

Preliat peaked around the corner, and then led them all into a house that he had cleared earlier. He had been awake earlier than the others, but still had little idea of what was going on at the moment. He set his M45 on the table, and then glanced about the room, at each of the people."Before you ask, I don't have any idea either of what's going on. I'm glad to see you all here. I woke up a little while ago, and came under fire by...whomever. I don't know who they are, or what they want. So, I'm opting for the most logical solution- heading to Mandalmotors tower. Gil might be there, or whomever paid attention in our contingency briefings."Preliat said, doing an equipment check. Two Westar-34s, check. Beskad, check. Knife, check. Flamethrower on wrist, check. M45 rifle? Check. No grenades, and not much ammo.

He sighed, and glanced at the people, awaiting their responses.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
From the shadows she watched.

War and desolation had spread over the galaxy. One by one they had fallen to the power of the invader. Yet, perhaps, there was still hope.

She could see the people in the alley, beyond. The last remnants of resistance.

She watched and waited. Soon it would be her time to act. She had to…or all would be lost.

Rebel - Alleys

The chiss woman took long, deep breaths, leaning back against a ruined, crumbling wall. Whatever had been chasing her, it seemed she'd lost them for the moment. How long that would remain the case was anyone's guess. From this position, she was able to finally see the sprawling black structure that had overtaken the city, glimpsed through the holes in a half-collapsed structure.

"What in the world is that..." she couldn't help but mutter, creeping closer to the opposite wall for a better look. She peered through the gap, taking in what details of the terrible black metal fortress she could at this distance, before shaking her head and stepping back. That definitely looked like a problem.

She heard movement on the streets again and flattened herself against the wall, ducking down behind a slab of duracrete. She waited for whatever was out there to pass, and glanced around for another route that stayed away from the roads. There had to be somewhere safer nearby.

REBEL
OFF TO THE SIDE OF THE STREET.

She finally came to consciousness, her eyes opened slowly, light fading in and out till she finally came all the way to. She held her head as she slowly sat up. She looked around, and could remember where she was or how she got here. She looked around, and she was in a city, but there wasn't any people. Her mouth opened in surprise, and she slowly stood up. She grunted and began to dust her robes off. She hadn't any idea what was happening. Then blaster fire raged in her direction. She quickly ignited her lightsaber and began to block the attacks. There was no light, and she couldn't make out her attacker. She began to move backwards, and eventually was pushed back to a wall of the building. Then she saw an opening, it was an alley. She dashed for it blocking more blaster rounds and quickly maneuvered herself into the dim alleyway, she took a look back and quickly progressed forward. She couldn't wrap he read around what was going on.

Alley--Rebel I suppose.

Get up. Get at it. Up Commando.

And there the man was, in a dirty alley in full body armor. Well this was just odd. Dazed and confused was a bit of an understatement to describe his current situation. The familiar pop of blasterfire was dull; like it was far down a long tunnel, just making its way out into the light. Calico shifted to slam back against a chunk of rubble, making himself as small as possible.

Per usual, his twin sidearms hung from his belt, ready to be snatched up if needed. Everything seemed hazy and out of focus, yet, his vitals all seemed perfectly fine. Where was he last--sending the bounty hunters off on a very hush-hush operation on Balmorraa. Where was he now?

Figures moved in every direction yet the Grand Marshal recognized none. He chanced a glance up over his lovely piece of rubble and spied a single figure that he recalled; huddled up in a pool of...well, something. Calico set his DC-17 between a niche in the rubble, and sent a warning in the form of deadly azure laser fire toward the sound of hostile weapons fire. It was all he had to work off of.

"Kira?" He called out, unsure if that was really who it was or not. Better to find out for sure.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Ally - Rebels

Drake rounded a corner at full speed, but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw @[member="Sochi Ru"] heading towards him. He made no move towards her, just stopped there and looked at her. He could sense the Force in her, or so her thought. "D-do you have any idea what's going on?" He called out to her, his voice wobbling slightly.

Drake looked quickly behing him. Good, no one was following him, as far as he could tell.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
ALLEYWAY -- REBEL!

"Where is it... where is it?!" On hands and feet now, Kira was scrambling to find her lightsaber. She was a mess, her hair a rat's nest and hanging limply at the sides of her face, smelling to high heaven, and a bloody scratch over her right cheek.

The search was not in vain, "AH HAH!" she cried out, her dirty fingers reaching out under a trash can to grab the electrum saber. It must have rolled underneath when she'd passed out earlier.

"Just.. gotta..." and this was the sight that beheld @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"], Kira's damp bum high in the air as she made a grab for her saber. Along with the "OW!" of her small cry of pain as her head went cracking against the trashcan upon hearing her name.

Betna was having a bad day. He'd been on his way back from a usual visit to the Oyu'baat tapcaf when things... shifted. He couldn't figure out what exactly had happened. On minute he was walking on the sidewalk in the cool night air, the next he was disoriented, confused, and had a massive headache. He felt like he'd missed the top step on a flight of stairs along with the worst hangover ever known to the galaxy. He'd had a brief moment to wonder what the shab had happened when the shots rang out.

The young Mandalorian switched from confused and disoriented to fight mode. He ducked into the nearby alleyway, knowing that all he had was his .44 revolver and his shotgun with some odds and ends. He didn't even know why he was being shot at. For now, he had to escape and gather information on what exactly was going on. He made a few more twists and turns before coming out on a random street. Betna glanced around and used the MandalMotors Tower as a guide. He figured there had to be at least someone in that general direction that could explain these events...

@[member="Arla Balor"]

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Rebel: Streets
As he continued to run, the city he once knew and loved seemed to change before his very eyes. Where once Kad's small, humble store had stood, now a tall pile of rubble stood. His once great tower, now nothing more than chunks of metal and permacrete. But these buildings, they were not old. He felt his heart drop into his stomach. This place...It had grown more than he had ever imagined, yet at the same time it pained him to see his people, his planet like this.

What had happened? How had he gotten here? These questions, though they had been asked before, now sat with more weight than ever before, with an even stronger and heavier question.

Where was Tali?

Vulpesen sighed as @[member="Kira Liadain"] seemed to be oblivious to his presence. "Well now, isn't this dandy! The only people who seem to know I exist, ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!" He continued the fire fight, taking down the soldiers with extreme prejudice while he hid behind a trash bin. "Hey soldier boy, mind helpin me out a bit?" He called to @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]. He had a feeling that if he was willing to help this girl out, he might be able to give the shadow a hand as well. As his defense continued, Vulpesen had something else to defend. These sleemos seemed to have a rather sick sense of humor as they constantly made Vulpesen divert his blade to deflect quite a few shots from Kira's elevated posterior end.

Rebel, Alley

"What the kark?!!!! This is Mandolore. This kark can't happen." But it did happen. Canal was confused of what was going on. How did he get here again? Maybe he was drunk but he wasn't sure how he got here. Then the city was like a ghost town. Weird, the city should be filled with citizens, peace, etc. No it was just filled with bolts getting shot out in the streets of this city.

Canal didn't know what to do so he made a run for it to an alley that was in front of him. Where are my brothers, sisters, the Colonel. I hope they're all right. As soon he made it to the tunnel and escaped from the violence of the bolts from the streets he made sure he had everything. Pistol check, shotgun check, rifle check, knife check, detonators check.

After he checked off everything Canal peaked from the corner of the alley. No familiar faces at all as people were running from every direction.

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Rebel - Alleyway and Roads

Galaar gave a long, drawn out groan inside of the sealed world of his helmet. His vision was blurred and his ears rang. Its like the karking awakening over again... Bah. I feel like I spent the night with a trandoshan!... How do I know how that feels like? Next to him he saw a fimilar shape of blue-gray fur stir and growl; Lord Cabur his trusted strill had seemed to arrive on this world too. He sat up, taking his time despite the drum of blaster fire in the distance.

Like my Birthday all over again, charming.

He then noted the buildings around him. They had an eerily familiar burn in his memory and it made him nearly break into a type of worried laughter. Mando'yaim? Mythosaur burn me alive and slag my strill. He stood up and reached down into the weapon webbing across his chest plate and drew his retrofitted DC-17c pistol and pipped up on their secure comms, hopefully secure atleast.

"Galaar checking in from somewhere in backwater Keldabe, anyone out there or have I overdosed on Glitteryll and died?"

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @ANYONE IN DREAD GUARD

Rebel – Alleyway
Well, this was awkward. Kara had heard about spacers getting blacked out drunk before, but this was a first for her as far as she could recall. Probably. Odd that the hangover was missing. She’d experienced those before and was pretty sure one could not get ‘blacked out’ drunk without passing through ‘going to have a hangover ‘drunk first. So she was somehow on Mandalore for no go reason and would not be going home to hear about the fun time she’d had before somehow getting sent here first.

There wasn’t much time to mull over the facts, or lack there-of, before the Templar was overcome with the very strong urge to run like hell. Not one to deny well founded fight or flight instincts, she obligingly started to run. Blaster fire started up soon after she started to move, and hadn’t it been nice of the force to give her a heads-up before things had gone south.

Kara followed the urgings of the force rather than trying to consciously plot out a route. Given that the all-encompassing whatever probably had a better idea of where the dead ends where than she did, it seemed like the smart thing to do. She kept going like that until she slammed into another person.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom