Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Across the Stars: The Wedding of Alicio Organa and Amani Serys (GA, NJO, Friends)

Tags: Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

Kai was the man’s name.

He assured her there was no trouble, and as much as her brain was telling her that she was running his night because of her misplaced confidence she grounded herself. She wasn’t doing anything wrong, the man was just being nice.

She had offered to get him a drink in response to his kindness, she couldn’t think of any other way to respond. She couldn’t just walk away, that was too awkward, and besides she needed a glass of something herself. If this was how the night started she didn’t want to go through the rest of it sober.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Kai, my names Sitana, Sitana Lucis.” She gave the man a smile a gestures to the bar with her hand. “Shall we?”

As they made their way through the venue, getting ever closer to something that would make the night bearable, Sitana was wracking her brain, trying to think of something to ask the man. Gods, she was terrible small talk.

“So, Mr.Kai, to what do I owe the pleasure of your presence here tonight?”

She needed a drink, quick.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

There was little chance she was going to miss this. Iris kept to the fringes of the growing crowd, watching with a smile. Alicio, Amani. Two of her closer friends. Married. She let herself just watch the colors for now, letting her eyes close in the process. They were warm, beautiful, welcoming. Oh and Kai was here. She blinked, glancing towards the familiar spot of color. Kai was here.

Huh.

She tried not to stare too long. But uh, well. He certainly picked an outfit, didn't he? And a new girl. At least he'd been able to move on with his life. Somewhat.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Sitana Lucis Sitana Lucis

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Sanctuary City, Alderaan |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el |

Goodness, this chair had one of its legs outside the table's as opposed to being directly tucked within-- No, no, that simply wouldn't do- And the table? Plates and utensils were to be perfectly center, with the latter placed precisely perpendicular, crossed evenly and- This grass was five centimetres longer than the rest! The audacity. Bzzztt went the droid's utility saw, swiftly slicing the objecting tuft as BB-610 shaved enough off to keep it mostly level with the rest, and- GASP. Vera.

Hastily tearing his attention away to desperately locate the young girl, just about ready to screech at the top of his metaphorical lungs in fear of his sister's safety, the droid's concerns were promptly quenched as he spotted her giggling and chit-chatting with the newlyweds. A low, destressed sigh as relief washed over his systems, BB-610 began making his way over to her, rolling slowly out of respect (but certainly speedwalking as to not test his luck) as he closed the distance between the two of the
oH MY STARS THESE CHAIRS WEREN'T EVEN FACING EACH OTHER

No, he thought, hissing beneath his breath as he willed himself the power to fight his programming, You're better than this. BB-610 told himself. He absolutely was not, of course, as less than two seconds later had him gingerly nudging the aforementioned chairs into place, rolling between them as he continuously corrected their placements, not resting until they were flawlessly aligned. Task complete and itch thoroughly scratched, BB-610 commended himself on a job well done, head twirling around to once again try and find Vera. The silver lining to all this, however, was that in doing so, he hadn't just come across Vera, but Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el as well. If astromechs had eyebrows, they would most certainly have perked up; the boy seemed rather uncomfortable, standing by himself in a way that earned the droid's sympathy.

It hadn't been too long ago since he'd met the young Padawan, but how could BB-610 not go over to try and ease the nerves of the boy that had introduced him to music? Rolling over to him, the BB unit glanced up, bweeping quietly in greeting as to not scare him; he knew Jalen's photoreceptors weren't functional, and the Force wouldn't let him feel the droid's presence, so BB-610 saw to ever so gently pat-patting the Padawan's leg with his utility arm. Chirping and tweeting, BB-610 introduced himself as '
Master Valery's droid that whistled that one time', another complimenting string of binary asking Jalen how he was, and if he was alone.

After introductions were exchanged and pleasantries were had, BB-610 gazed over at Vera, before looking back at Jalen. Bweeping for him to follow, the astromech began rolling over to Valery's daughter, deliberately letting his motors whirr loudly as to give the blind Jalen a lead on where to follow, until he finally returned to Vera's feet. Wobbling excitedly from being with her again, BB-610 turned his head, chirping and clicking as he told her that he'd brought a friend along.

GADividerBlue.png

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Alderaan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Traditional Wedding Dress
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Vera Target: Amani Serys Amani Serys Alicio Organa Alicio Organa BB-610 BB-610 Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Vera could barely stop herself from jumping up and down at the compliments from Alicio and Amani, so naturally, her little arms hugged them both just a little tighter. "It was so much fun!" Vera said with several big nods. "I'm very very happy that I could come," she then added, her tone less energetic but sincere.

With them soon also coming to her birthday, she felt like the luckiest person alive.

"I uhm, made you two a gift too. Mommy has a gift too but I wanted to make my own." She reached for the sheet of paper and held it out for them both. It was a drawing of both Alicio and Amani... both with their lightsabers out... and both dealing with a lot of bad guys. She had left out no detail in the carnage they caused together, but they were all Sith, so it was fine, right?

After a loud giggle and a final quick hug, she stepped away so others could congratulate them, and began looking for Bee.

"I think she gave them the drawing," Valery said with a proud grin. Of course, she knew exactly what her daughter had scribbled together. It was perhaps a little disturbing, but it was just a child's fantasy and nothing to be worried about. She knew how well her daughter was settling into the Jedi role, and that meant she wasn't going to actually cause carnage.

Turning back to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Valery blinked when she noticed his pained grin. "No, we're not going to fight for attention," Valery chuckled and raised a hand up to gently brush against his cheek.

"We can wait a little longer and take some time to chat when they're free. I know you've met Amani briefly before, but I'm sure Alicio would really want to meet you. He has been a close friend and one of few people I trust to look after Vera whenever we're out and about somewhere."

She then paused and forced him to dance along a little again with some swaying of her hips. "I can introduce you to other friends as well soon. Maybe on a fun day out or something."

Right as Bee and Jalen turned around to head to Vera, the little Noble was suddenly right up in their faces. Either she had teleported to them somehow, or she was just fast whenever she got excited. "Hello!" she told Jalen with a big grin. Vera didn't realize that he had been a little uncomfortable at all and treated him how she'd treat anybody else.

As a potential new friend.

"I'm Vera!" she said before looking at Bee with a smile. "Is he your friend, Bee?"

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Objective: Have fun at the wedding
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth / Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan

div1.png

"They do, Amani is a great person who deserves someone like herself in return. I'm afraid I haven't spoken to the husband just yet, but I will make an effort soon" he responded, trying to remember what he did again. He was a diplomat right? either way, it was something along those lines. If Amani was happy, no one could really complain about her choice.

When he stated the fact he was right, Silas couldn't help but rolled his eyes and playfully nudge him. On a recent mission together Silas was confident he and Thelma were more than friends, stars he isn't going to let this go "Haha... well done for guessing the secret" he said sarcastically before frowning slightly that his hubby couldn't come "Ah, that's a shame. You'll have to introduce her to us another time" they'd be plenty of chances to do that soon enough. As long as the war didn't weigh them down.

Looking over to Maeve, he gave her a respectful nod and shook her hand "A shadow huh? my master used to be one before she became my teacher some time ago. You'll have to introduce yourself to her when you get the chance, she's normally around her Daughter Vera and hubby Master Kahlil." Considering they had something in common, they'd probably have a lot to talk about.

Silas looked back to Thelma and smiled at her rosy cheeks, one that was probably formed by him kissing her "Oh, so Jasper is suffering from memory loss then?" he teased the knight, gazing at Thelma slightly to figure out if she had bitten him too "Hmph, well I hope you won't be forgetting this anytime soon. And by the way, do you guys want to get some drinks?"

Appearance: XXX
Tags: Sitana Lucis Sitana Lucis Iris Arani Iris Arani

Kai bowed his head slightly as the Devaronian introduced herself. Sitana Lucis. The name sounded vaguely familiar, though he couldn't quite place it.

He allowed her to lead the way to the bar. Kai actually didn't drink much—alcohol had very little effect on him, and he wasn't overly fond of the taste—but he was under the impression that this was all just a bit of socializing. He was doing it for the sake of being friendly and polite.

"So, Mr. Kai, to what do I owe the pleasure of your presence here tonight?"

"I'm a friend of the newlyweds," he replied, not much of a conversationalist himself either. "What about yourself?"

He sensed eyes upon him. A familiar presence. Turning his head, he glanced toward Iris, meeting her gaze. His body language shifted, becoming more open. He left himself vulnerable, a silent invitation. Come on over, if you want.

Tags: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys BB-610 BB-610 Valery Noble Valery Noble

Marcus Dinn was determined to get a snack.

The top of his head didn't quite clear the table laden with refreshments for the guests, so he had climbed on top of a chair. Upon reaching this new height, he found himself overwhelmed by the selection before him. He had never seen so much food in his life.

Grabbing a plate, he began sampling a little of everything, tasting the goods as he went. Of course, his reach was limited; some items on the other side of the table would require him to either move his chair, or step carefully between the dishes to cross the table's vast expanse. While Marcus was a smart kid, he was also pretty lazy. So he went with the latter option.

A server spotted him walking on the table and immediately rushed over, seizing the boy before he could lose his balance or knock anything over. Marcus then found himself being carried like a wayward puppy, his face smeared with chocolate.

"Whose child is this?" the server kept asking. Marcus struggled and flailed, frightened in the arms of a stranger, then began to wail. To avoid causing a scene, the server reluctantly set him on the ground—and he immediately shot off toward the table where his grandfather, the Senator of Chaldea, was sitting with the rest of their family.

It was a perilous journey across the venue, which to him seemed huge. He darted between bodies and tables, zipping across the dancefloor until his progress was brought to a halt by the sudden appearance of a terrifying monster: a giant soccer ball with a dish on its head. The droid's single cyclopean photoreceptor glowed as it gazed upon him. Marcus turned away, afraid he'd be turned to stone if he made eye contact.

Still looking away, he held out his open hand. In it were the remains of a half-eaten cookie pilfered from the refreshments table. A peace offering to the mechanical beast.

d9xT0Qh.png

Not every day. Hardly seemed like the most prudent thing to do, but then there were some royal families that we're selfish, egotistical, or maniacal in the galaxy. They were like precious gems, radiant and dazzling... until someone came along to add them to their collection of consumed worlds. Which was precisely why events like these should be enjoyed for what they were -- precious. Not something Dominique found herself pining away for, certainly, but there was always an allure for things you could never have.

A laugh bubbled forth at Desric Terassi Desric Terassi 's pragmatism. "There is always something, Senator Terassi." With lidded eyes, Vexx regarded him a moment with a smile. "Though the Senate is not where truly interesting things happen. It is a machine designed to maintain stability in a chaotic system; 'interesting' is not its specialty. I do, however, know of potential matters that would interest you. Perhaps we should arrange a time to discuss them?"

There was already one soul, Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , that was interested in chatting. Dominique wouldn't want to deprive the man if they desired a meeting. On the other hand, perhaps it would be an opportunity to meet someone else? There was no shortage in small groups clustered about the reception. They could always form their own, unless matters were of a more personal nature? Always intriguing to watch new relations develop at someone else's wedding -- long as they didn't involve either of the newly weds, of course; that would simply be scandalous.

d9xT0Qh.png

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

Objective: Attend a beautiful wedding
Tags:

Wearing: this, this and a diamond snowflake necklace

Back on Alderaan again, Isla was happy as she sat in their hotel room, it was becoming a habit to book this room each time they visited now, it had a special place in the two women's hearts, even if the recent redecoration by the owners made it look a little more chic and modern than Isla really liked. But it was the beautiful brunette sat using the other mirror that was all she cared about as she stood and buttoned up her blazer dress, "It's not too tight on the chest is it?" she asked the woman who would soon be her wife. Although she doubted that Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix would say anything but complement her. She stroked the golden phoenix on her blazer lovingly, it was a stylised emblem that represented her Ashlan people. They didnt have long to go until they left so she crossed the room to where Tiresh sat and put her hands onto her shoulderblades, gently massaging her neck. Whilst they were attending Alicio's wedding as his friend as well as due to their poltiical standings, Isla was still anxious to make sure Tiresh was coping ok with her return to the spotlight. "You look gorgeous Tillie" she said lovingly.

At the wedding...

The ceremony had been lovely, she was so happy for Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Amani Serys Amani Serys and watching their love celebrated, brought a tear to the eye of the Ashlan prime minister, she had known Alicio for years now through their humanitarian links and the city he and his cousin had built was a testament to their passion. The reception was now in full swing and the memorial garden was full of well wishers from around the galaxy. She took her fiancee's hand and looked for the bride and groom to give them her personal best wishes. Her gift had been the funding of a new children's mental health centre in the city, gifts for a person who has everything was surprisingly easy when the man was so charitable himself. Isla loved love, and was glad to be invited. She would speak to the newly weds quickly though, she had hosted parties and knew how exhausting it was being the centre of attention. She saw them speaking to Acaadi Acaadi and Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen and waited her moment to politely speak.

"Congratulations both of you, your wedding has been so beautiful, may Ashla's light grace you with the marriage you deserve." she smiled with warmth for a friend and his new wife "You both look stunning"

Out of the corner of her eye movement and the sound of children caught her attention and she detected Valery Noble Valery Noble and her daughter Vera. Val was one of Tiresh's closest friends and every time Isla saw or heard that little girl, it made her feel very broody.

5m5qOKV.png

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Sanctuary City, Alderaan
Tags: BB-610 BB-610 , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

jalen_divider_2.png

"Bee!"

A smile spread across his face when he recognized the little droid from the hangar, who amusingly introduced himself as the one who had whistled that one time. Jalen, of course, very much remembered. It seemed like the BB unit wanted him to follow, so he did just that, finding himself lead to a child younger then him, maybe by a goof four or five years.

"I'm Vera!"

Oh, that was Valery's daughter. Her aura was certainly similar to Master Noble's.

"Hey," Jalen greeted back somewhat awkwardly. "I'm Jalen. Bee and I are friends, yeah-"

The peace didn't last for long, as a rogue child brought some chaos to the venue. A server was desperately trying to catch them, frantically asking who the parent was. The little boy finally stopped at Bee, seemingly becoming terrified and holding out a half eaten cookie in self defense from... nothing. It took Jalen a moment to process the entire ordeal.

"Hey there..." he frowned, his blind eyes looking down on a the child. "You lost?"

Kids. There was always one left unattended at events like these. The worst was when the parents didn't take any action, only saying some garbage like "my perfect angel would never" or something like that. Maybe his perspective was just skewed cause he had no parents. Vera was well behaved at least.

"O... kay then," the boy continued. "Uh, Bee, he seems interested in you. Think you can distract him until a server grabs him?"

That was a good plan.

Tags: Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Iris Arani Iris Arani

When she and Kai reached the bar Sitana ordered them two glasses of champagne. She had no idea if that’s what Kai would have wanted but she barely took him into account when making the order. She needed a drink and couldn’t be bothered with anything more complicated.

Kai mentioned he was a friend of the newlyweds. A man in high places, or at least with friends in high places. It was possibly worth creating a more professional relationship with him, though at this rate Sitana doubted she was going to be at all productive tonight.

“A friend of the couple? Well, judging by your appearance I should’ve clocked you as someone who keeps interesting company.” She sipped her champagne as they talked, maybe a little faster than she should’ve been. “As for myself, well there was a cordial invitation to all members of the senate. To be completely honest I’ve never spoken to the couple, or most people here for that matter. I feel awfully out of place, if I’m to be frank.”

She laughed with the last bit of her spiel but she became instantly terrified that she was over sharing. Gods, she’d only spoken to one person so far and she was already blowing it. So much for good first impressions. She was convinced she’d have some damage control to do on her own behalf after tonight.

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Sanctuary City, Alderaan
Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Thelma Goth Thelma Goth , Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan

Jasper_divider_3.0.png

"We've already met, Jasper. We fought slavers on Beltrix together, back when I was a brunette."

"Oh, you're right," Jasper nodded, somewhat flustered now. "I guess we did. Honestly my memory has been awful as of late."

Interesting that she had met Jalen. Of course, it wasn't long before Silas chimed in.

"Oh, so Jasper is suffering from memory loss then?"

"Can it you," the knight frowned. "Don't make me start testing your memory." His smile did return though, even laughing a bit himself. "I can grab a drink, but just the one. I don't know how strong the drink they have here is, and I'd rather be sparing about it. Better to keep it classy."

A momentary pause came when the room erupted into chaos, a rogue child running through the dance floor being chased by one of the staff.

"Uh, more classy than that, anyways," he chuckled.

Attire: xxx
Tags: Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"Your dress. It's beautiful. Where did you get it?"

"Oh, I uh, I made it," Thelma answered modestly. The dress, like so much of her other creations, had been made from castoff scraps of clothing and other fabric. In this case, a whole lot of fringe that she had dyed green. "Thank you."

"Oh, so Jasper is suffering from memory loss then?"

Thelma smiled uncertainly at the look Silas gave her. She most certainly had not fed from Jasper. He just had a poor memory. Her smile became a bit less strained as Jasper played it for laughs, but she was still glad for the change in subject. "Drinks sound good," she said. "Are they free?"

Tarish Galland

T

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

WEARING: Fancy Robes, Force Talisman
TAGS: Amani Serys Amani Serys

He hadn't recieved an invite.

The thought weighed on his mind a little. The one he had welcomed as a daughter hadn't sent an invite to him. Wasn't her fault by any means. Was difficult to mail an invite when you had little more than a a shadow of their presence to speak to.

He had abandoned her in the past. Forced her hand and possibly made her life all the more difficult with that decision on Onderon.

With her wedding however, things seemed to have gone swell for her. More than anything, that had helped him reign in his emotions to be present for at least this.

Clutching the Force Talisman Errik Nimdok had made for him in their only meeting, he kept himself clean of the weapons he kept about himself.

"Deadbeat dad coming to say congrats." Muttering to himself as he walked towards the gardens he had once enjoyed as a padawan.

Even being a knight with the Silvers, he had enjoyed coming to allow himself to be lost at the sights about the gardens.

Now, with his force presence muted, he trod forward to see if he could at least congratulate Amani on her big day. Maybe even sneak in a dance if the majority of the security didn't turn him into a shishkebab before he could say hello.

Keeping himself calm and centered, the scars on his cheek were dull and lifeless for once. The hatred that twisted his emotions kept in check by the joy he felt at spying Amani smiling as he kept to the side for the moment.

Keeping his steps, he'd managed to not run into anyone before throwing his shoulder into someone that was also keeping to the fringes( Iris Arani Iris Arani ).

Dark haired and purple hues to her eyes as she stared at someone further into the gathering before he'd rudely interrupted her gaze.

"Sorry about that. Friend of the bride?" He kept a smile about him, putting his arms behind his back and twining his fingers as he made small talk to make them walk away.

Amani Serys Amani Serys Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

Acaadi had been about to propose a game where he tried to guess who Phalsi had spotted as private security, when he realised the couple had left the dance floor and were actually making a beeline for them.

He was slightly awkward in hugging Amani, not for any personal reasons but because he was terrified of treading on the long dress.

He dared not consider what it had cost, or had much trouble he would be in for putting a footprint on the train.

"Thank you so much for the invitation!"

And then, because he had literally searched the holonet for things to say to people at a wedding, he said: "The ceremony was lovely by the way. You both look amazing."

"You know, it's been so long since we caught up, I don't even know how you both met! Or does that come in speeches later?"

Others were approaching for time with the couple and he knew they would have to spread themselves through the crowd now. It was nice to be picked out so soon, even if it had to be a quick catch up before the couple did the rounds.

"Oh, I uh, I made it. Thank you."

"It's hand-made?" Maeve repeated, a little surprised. "Unbelievable. You must be a master with a thread." She smiled again. "If you ever have the chance, I would love to buy a dress or two. I've been told I'm in rather short supply." Which was true. One look into her wardrobe and you'd find maybe two dresses out of a dozen sets of Jedi robes and armor.

"A Shadow, huh? My master used to be one before she became my teacher some time ago. You'll have to introduce yourself to her when you get the chance."

"Master Noble, of course." Maeve regarded Silas now, interested at the mention of his teacher. She'd known Valery had once served as a Shadow, and it was one of the reasons why Maeve had followed the same path to begin with. "You're lucky to have her as a master. She's a shining example of what it means to be a Jedi, and I'm sure you've learned a lot from your training with her."

Was she jealous? Maybe. Just a little.

"I'll try to find the opportunity to say hello, when I can," she said, before glancing at Valery from across the wood-inlaid dance floor. The Jedi Master was still swaying in the arms of her husband, Kahlil, and Maeve was not about to interrupt them just yet.

Around her, too, she noticed a startling number of guests paired off with one another. In fact, the wedding reception was dominated by couples. There were the newlyweds, of course, and the Nobles, and Thelma and Silas, but everywhere Maeve looked, she saw hands on hips, arms in elbows, and sweet smiles traded like holiday candies.

If Amani intended to have a bouquet toss, as was tradition for any wedding, then Maeve fully expected the reception would end in a riot of clamoring girls.

Just thinking about it made her grimace, and at the offer of alcohol, Maeve was surprisingly quick to accept. "Drinks would be perfect," she said, signaling for a server. "Free or not, I just hope they have something stronger than wine."

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

TYTHON MEMORIAL HOLOGRAPHIC GARDEN
SANCTUARY CITY, ALDERAAN
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Valery Noble Valery Noble -

Of course, Vera had drawn them something. "Why, thank you very much." Alicio accepted the sheet of paper, glancing at it with a smile overwhelmed by the cuteness. It was recognizable as him and Amani...

The Future whispered to Alicio, like an unwelcome winter wind, as he studied the sheet of paper. He swallowed, to get the taste of the Force from his tongue, but tried his best to rebuild his humor. They would have time to worry about that later, as Vera dove back into the crowd.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Alicio-Divider.png

Alicio casted a coy upturned brow down at Amani as they phased into the crowd, and she talked about two of the Jedi in her previous Order. If she had wanted to pinprick his jealousy, she had done it. But he refused to let her get the last laugh, as he conveyed a snide grin. "Mmkay. Thank you for the update. I'll make sure to point out all of my past flames when I see them, too."

As the newlyweds closed the distance, Alicio let Amani walk a few paces ahead, to get hugs from her old friends. He offered both a healthy handshake, and a teasing smile. "That's me. Amani's fia-husband. Pleasure to meet you both."

Upon asking about Vera, Alicio simply nodded once, his mind returning in part to the drawing. "We babysit her for Valery, sometimes. Vera's a good friend." Acaadi's compliment of their dress was met with a grateful smile, and the adjusting of his suit. White was a rare color for the Count, but the day certainly called for it.

And after Amani was approached by Aylin Aylin , they had more visitors as well. A face he hadn't seen nearly enough over the years, and a face he'd thought lost forever, before her reappearance. "Oh! Hello!" For Tiresh, he gave an unabashed hug, while he gauged Isla's interest in such affection before offering her the same. He then turned to Amani, giving the circle a quick introduction as he gestured one at a time to the women. "Prime Minister Isla Draelix, of the Ashlan Crusade. And Tiresh Kobitana, Senator of Lujo. I met them both working in Sanctuary City. We've been friends ever since." He had been little more than Faith's aide back then, but they had both seen potential in the young Alderaanian. That had encouraged him to continue relief work. And that eventually led to Tython, and that led to Amani... And the rest was history.

Alicio nodded his head to Isla, gratitude in his grey eyes. "Thank you for the blessing. And... between you and me, I've never worn this much white before, and I wasn't sure it would work out, so... I'm glad it did. I just hope nothing spills on it." He chuckled, before turning back to Acaadi and Phalsi.

Allowing Amani to answer the implied question of how they had met, Alicio posed a question of his own, giving his new wife an evil smirk. "You two are the first people I'm meeting that knew Amani as a padawan. I don't suppose you... perchance... have any embarrassing stories you'd like to share of her?"

Enkidu Duran, Chief of Security at Maranatha, had planned to simply drop off the wedding gift that the Shi'ido refugees had decided upon. Older, more traditionalist Shi'ido like him didn't think it proper to participate in weddings outside their clans, and the last time he checked he was neither an Organa nor a Serys. But it didn't feel right to just dump the zenobia tree (already quite large for a sapling, although that was the case for much of Lao-mon's flora) among the pile of gifts without saying a word to the couple.

A crowd had already begun to gather around Alicio and Amani. Enkidu, not wanting to interfere, hung back a bit, almost as if he were waiting his turn. But as the guests conversed in rapid-fire Basic, that feeling of being out of place returned. Rather than allow it to convince him to walk away, he slipped in during a brief lull in the conversation.

"I, uh, feel like I should explain the big tree," he said sheepishly. "It's a zenobia. The Shi'ido gift the flowers of the tree to one another during courtship, and then plant a tree or make something made from the wood of the tree when we are married. We know that you two live in a tiny apartment on Commenor - Coruscant, sorry - so none of us will be offended if you plant it wherever you wish. So long as it lives and thrives, that's good. It... It may not seem like much, considering all that you've done for us, but..."

As he spoke, Enkidu seemed to grow steadily more emotional, until he faltered, seemingly reaching a breaking point. But he took a deep breath and managed to steady himself before continuing. "But for the people of Maranatha, it holds a wealth of meaning."

"Me too," Amani beamed, only beaming brighter as Vera held out a drawing she had made just for them, "Awww tha-" She paused, taking a second to actually look at the details; Herself and Alicio, atop a mountain of bloody corpses. Amani's face was stuck somewhere between confusion and still-lingering joy, "O-ohhh. Wooow that's— You're a really talented artist, Vera," Too talented, frankly, given the subject matter. "Thaaanks. Have fuuun…" She stood up as Vera ran off, shooting Alicio a similarly abivlanet look. Her eyes said mild concern, but her wicked smile showed some enjoyment in the dark humor of the situation.

Amani tucked the drawing away, and snorted at Alicio's comment on their way to Acaadi and Phalsi, "And just how many of those do you have?" She teased back, nudging him with her elbow. As they arrived and exchanged greetings, the game continued with Alicio teasing her mix-up, which only earned him another elbow in the side.

"That sounds about right," She chuckled, turning to Phalsi, "Life has its ups and downs, but- I couldn't be happier about where I am now," Her infectious grin left no room for doubt there; The mirialan was positively glowing with exuberance, "Val helped me a lot with coming back to the Jedi. We're close friends."

Before much more could be said, the newlyweds were beset by a short train of arrivals looking to exchange greetings. The timing was a bit inconvenient, but given everyone and everything there was to check off the list, it was bound to happen. At least it kept things moving, "O-oh!" Amani chirped in surprise as Aylin suddenly introduced himself, her brow furrowed as she tried to process everything he said, which included outright admitting he wasn't even invited, "Em— Thank you! It's a lovely gift," Certainly useful, too, if it indeed did what he said, "Well… do enjoy yourself. There's plenty to go around…" With a final gesture at the surrounding festivities, her attention was pulled to the next guests. Another pair she was less familiar with personally, but who Alicio certainly knew.

"Thank you!" Amani said, curtseying slightly as Isla complimented their attire, and nodding at the woman's own, "Likewise. It's lovely," Alicio made quick introductions, "Wonderful to meet you both. Amani… Organa," She paused, once again remembering that yes, she was in fact married now, "I'm the Chief Healer for the New Jedi Order," And a member of the High Council, but who's keeping track? She gave Alicio a bit more time with them before they were given the chance to resume conversation with Phalsi and Acaadi.

"Busy day, huh?" Amani laughed half-apologetically for the delay. Acaadi's mention of how she met Alicio got her reminiscing, "Well, it was on Tython, actually," She looked at the Count in loving reverie, "I was helping with a relief effort camp that had been set up there, after the battle with the Maw. Turns out, the guy running the whole operation was none other than Mister Organa here. We were both out late, making the rounds. Can't say I'd ever seen someone in his position doing so much to actually… well, do his part, before," The bride shrugged, "I was pretty smitten after that. He invited me later to come to Alderaan to see this exact garden. We kissed and… the rest is history."

A beat passed before she asked, "So what've you two been up to? Are you like…?" Amani pointed between Acaadi and Phalsi, the insinuation of a relationship in her question evident. Alicio's prying for an embarrassing story was met with a faux-dagger eyed stare.

After another lull in conversation, a man approached to explain the tree being brought in among the gifts. Amani stared at it curiously, but as the man explained its purpose for being her, she lit up, and squeezed Alicio's arm. The Zenobia tree was the appreciation of an entire people. She had done her part to help the Shi'ido, but this was really Alicio's accomplishment to recognize.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

For a moment she was about to step over. Finally have that conversation with Kai as she'd been wanting to since Karaoke night. Except she was bumped into. She blinked in surprise, turning her gaze towards the figure. Her half scared face scanned his own. Oh. Was that what it was like for people looking at her? The flash of sympathy came across her own mind before she could stamp it down and out. She hated that from others.

"She's the closest thing I've ever had to a sister, so yeah. .. You okay? You seem.. Sad. Lonely?"

Before she could stop herself her gaze had already drifted towards the colors around him. Muted, almost grey. Yet with some life, like so many around them. It almost blended in, if not for the streak of blue.

"Do you know Amani?"

Skorne | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Sitana Lucis Sitana Lucis

Tarish Galland

T

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

WEARING: Fancy Robes, Force Talisman
TAGS: Iris Arani Iris Arani

He hadn't noticed a scar until she turned to face him. A familiar look that greeted him in passing before she smothered the pity she had for him. His mouth opened to comment before she saw through him.

Eyes wide at the discerning gaze before narrowing to pick at the ability.

"You see emotions then? Or something like that anyway. Neat." A grin formed, his hands sliding into the sash around his waist.

And he thought stealing energy was a cool trick.

"Had better days, but I'm happy for her, happy to see her. I didn't leave her, Amani, I mean with an address when I left. Didn't get an invite. Not that I deserve one. But figured I'd come congratulate her before I left town." He muttered a portion under his breath, a tinge of guilt beneath the sadness as he thought on how to address the second topic.

"Used to. It's uh. It's been a while, actually, since we saw each other. Face to face. Was there for her when she was a padawan. I tried to be anyway. We had a uh-a falling out... you could call it." He clicked his tongue, a sudden streak of nerves as his eyes slid over to the crowd that had gathered around the happy couple.

Bad choice coming here. Just leave, she doesn't want to see you.

His gaze focused back on the woman before him.

"She didn't know I'd be stopping in." He gave a woeful smile in Amani's direction before giving Iris a warm grin. "I'm glad things turned around for her. She didn't have an easy start. Tarish, former Silver. You are?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom