Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accents of the Galaxy?

So I was wondering if you guys used any real world accents to help shape the accents of certain species or Factions. In universe Imperials seem to have a sort of British accent, while originally Cathars (Juhani :D ) had Russian accents. Based off what I've seen it doesn't seem like the Republic has any typical speech pattern.

What are your opinions on the matter?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The Mnenchei (species) speak fluent GSB but due to their main language, they speak it with a mix of Tolkein elvish, Hawaiian and trans-Siberian accent.

Akodya Mune

A
I always think mandalorians who speak mandalorian as their first language have a New Zealand accent. IDK.

See how many variations of accent and language we have on one planet...now imagine a million planets and all the possible combinations!

But yes, the Empire always had British accents. Sounded more villainous perhaps? :p

I don't like Imperials having the British accent. It's like abusing the British accent... But never mind... Even though I have never heard a Chiss talk, but I have always imagined they have a French accent... I don't know, why.

well the fact Thad the imperials have a British ascend is logical, as they are the best historically known example of imperialism, tough I never noticed to many ascends.

Lord Ghoul

L
Imperials - London Brits
Mandos - Kiwis
Corellians - California English/Texas Drawl
Neimodians - Japanese (bcause Lucas was racist)
Gungans - some sort of Jamaican dialect (also because Lucas was racist)
Toydarians - Hebrew (moar racism)

Thankfully there were no cockney english accents.

My favorite by far is the Mandos' kiwi. Some people don't like the accents, but I just hear Crixus' rasping voice in Spartacus and run the other way.

Akodya Mune

A
Mikhail Shorn said:
Imperials - London Brits
Mandos - Kiwis
Corellians - California English/Texas Drawl
Neimodians - Japanese (bcause Lucas was racist)
Gungans - some sort of Jamaican dialect (also because Lucas was racist)
Toydarians - Hebrew (moar racism)

Thankfully there were no cockney english accents.

My favorite by far is the Mandos' kiwi. Some people don't like the accents, but I just hear Crixus' rasping voice in Spartacus and run the other way.
AS A KIWI OF KIWILAND I BOW TO YOU SIR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom