Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A well deserved vacation (Fringe dominion of Phu)

Onith Trill

O
"A good idea. Perhaps I should listen to you more when planning our sidetrips." Yurik said, as he watched the race. Ball bearings floating, a man flying his podracer blind, a pod with a lightsaber cutting and attacking pods . . . this was chaos. It was a bit entrancing, truth be told, but at the same time was probably the most dangerous thing he'd ever seen.

"Did that pod just disappear?" He said, as a pod, well, seemingly disappeared. @[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Rekali the Hutt

R
Ardak watched as the Sith Lord quit throwing his ball bearings and left, before grabbing a swoop bike and hauling tail. Another Sith Lord he'd had a cordial conversation with. So many years ago he was captured and tortured by the people, and here he now knew two of them. Strange galaxy to live it seemed.

He decided that he'd get a list of Sith Lord's he'd spent time with. Perhaps get pictures, make a scrapbook.

Faster, eh? I can do faster.

When flying blind, Jorus applied the same instinct that applied to not running into mass shadows while going 0.2 through uncharted hyperspace. For a man who could go several thousand times the speed of light with his brain, without complications-

Well, this was proving surprisingly challenging. Nothing said pure chaos like a podrace. But he dealt with the speed influx with good grace.

With a push on the accelerator Sargon's pod shot through the turns, his navigation module more then capable of plotting a course. He'd changed the output on the ion blaster down to half and found the result much more satisfying. He wasn't killing racers anymore merely killing the engines as they suddenly lost power then overloaded. Almost all the drivers in the rear had found either engine failure, vibrosaw cuts in their pods, or simply realized what was going on and ran in fear. It was golden, Sargon could afford the disqualification.

@[member="Pandeima"]

"Sorry, what was that?" Rave giggled -- sometimes this body just didn't have the ability to respond in an adult way -- as a confluence of factors engaged her. "Sorry, that tickles, and I think a pod just disappeared, and I totally missed what you said. Get to know me? Yeah. Yeah, I'm generally considered easy to get to know."

'Finally. Someone agrees,' she teased before going back to watching the race. Xeni was confused. Disappeared? She counted all of the remaining pods. Well... no. None had disappeared.

She looked up at Yurik, her face confounded. '. . . What? No, no pods have disappeared.'
----
@[member="Yurik Rodecken"]

Shinju looked at the race and sat there in the crowd as her honor guard carried her seat. There was much going on and she spoke. "So we are cheering for the ugly one right? To help with their self esteem."

The power boost from the droideka overwhelmed the damage from Isis' Force crush, but this pod would be...basically useless after this race. Assuming he didn't, you know, die. Sorry, Alna. Stupidest way to die, ever.

But he pulled ahead, somehow or other. His blast shield still blocked line of sight, but he was, for the moment, winning in his damaged vanilla droideka chariot.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Podracers, contrary to popular belief, were not sturdy things. In every documented case of anything entering a podracer engine's intake fan as it was in motion, from a pit droid to a wrench, the pod exploded, brilliantly - Mars Guo and Ody Mandrell were certainly testaments to this fact. Put six ball bearings through six intake fans and, somewhere along the line, something was going to go wrong. Like the pod not having power.

Qae could hear the rattle. It wasn't much, but he heard it - when your pod shut down moments later, that was the end.

"Feth."

Out of the race.

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Onith Trill

O
Yurik looked as the woman was confused, and looked at the pods himself, and counted one missing. Well, one that wasn't shot down by the others rather.

"But there's one." He said, looking around, then realized something. "Oh, you can't see it. Or rather you can see it. I think one of the pods is cheating." He said to @[member="Xeni Kraylu"]. "Well, actually, I suppose they're probably all cheating."

Sargon moved up to the front pack with his extremely illegal racer transferring power from his weapons system to the engines. It wasn't so much that ere was no one left n there rear to shoot as much as they didn't matter. The real race was far ahead of him, and those were the contenders he needed to knock out. As he turned down into a slope he was pretty sure he was going to lose his lunch. Half way there and he had no idea where the Grand Admiral was.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin's pod took a hit. A pretty bad one, too. Total accident. Like Anakin Skywalker's before it, her pod kept running with a plume of smoke and fire. She adjusted furiously as she whipped around a curve, flashing back to time spend flying assault couriers for the Jade Empire once upon a time. The podracer roared ahead, cloak flickering. She deactivated the stygium field at the checkpoint and promptly vanished again, but now she was an invisible pod trailing a huge column of smoke. So she turned the cloak off.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Circe smiled. Her rubdown of @[member="Rave Merrill"] increased in intensity, helping to soothe the woman as Circe slipped behind her. "Well, how can I get to know you better? Because I guarantee you... I do."

Oh yes she did... But what was Rave's reaction?

@[member="Pandeima"]

The honey badger principle was still in force. Rave kept watching the game as she leaned back into Circe's hands. "Well, this is a pretty dang decent start," she said. "Not bad at all. But there's not much to tell. Clone-possessed-by-clone-donor becomes hyperlane wanderer becomes alchemist and biotechnician, all by eighteen. There are times," she said, closing her eyes with a satisfied sound, "when it's tiring, knowing everything."

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka could feel their speed pick up as he fed the engines. Unfortunately he didn't know the upper limits of said engines, and he really didn't understand the amount of power a starship class power generator could put out. So in his happiest mood he nearly blew his own circuits as he drained his cannons and shields, and sent a sudden wave of power into the engines. He could only keep it up for a few minutes but that would be enough... right?

Master comment: Droideka help! Droideka help good master!

Another racer brushed against him, and the pod shuddered. This was not a good sign. And like the end goal of a world on the other side of a mass of black holes, Jorus knew by instinct that the final destination wouldn't be pretty.

"Sorry, bud, we've gotta set down or we're dead. Was worth a shot."

The pod spiralled off the track and went for a relatively soft ocean landing, touching down at last on a sandbar where it would be recoverable. Rest assured, Jorus would race again.

Spencer leaned back in her seat as she watched on the video feed what had happened with Ashin’s pod. She nibbled nervously on the tip of her thumb and did her best to keep her eyes on the video. The woman was smart and they had gone over every angle of strategy. Spencer shifted in her seat a bit sore from the discussions earlier and sighed softy.

“Christ this is fething dangerous”

Turning her attention towards Qae she noticed the student hadn’t moved. A sight of relief escaped her lips as she nodded figuring it was good on her heart that she only had to worry about one person.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Qae Shena"]

Rekali the Hutt

R
Ardak watched as the pod he bet his retirement on cloaked, uncloaked, and was now smoking. Knowing how fragile pod racers could be, Ardak was more than a little worried, and also more than a little pissed at the same time. Why couldn't the Sith Lord have kept her pod nice and tidy, spick and span, free of harm? Now he had to wonder, teeter on the edge of seat and hope she didn't wreck.

Stupid gambling, why did he ever sign up for this?

She looked over at Yurik with a look of disbelief. 'Really now? Now whatever made you think that? The blatant cheating or the blatant cheat?' She shook her head. Sometimes, just sometimes, she wondered about this man.
----
@[member="Yurik Rodecken"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom