Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Shattered City of Glass

Solan sighed, looking at the ruins of a throne that has had no one in it for nearly forty years. The long dead halls of Tahv's palace, left abandoned while the world around them was nothing but dust and echoes. He knew there wasn't much he could say or do in that moment, knew that he was sitting here for no reason but as he sat there he thought back to everything. He could still feel his body as it had torn itself apart back then, still feel how things had ended with him struggling to stand as the Brynadul continued their assault. He wondered if he could have stopped them back then if he had been stronger, if perhaps he just wasn't strong enough yet.

Those thoughts left Solan to shift where he sat. He did not have his saber, did not have his armor or his armies, instead all he had was these broken ruins infront of him. He reached up, grabbing at a pendant that no longer existed, closing his hand around the open air and thinking about Kira for a moment more before his face twisted for a moment. The darkside twisted around him before he glared up at the throne that used to be his. He stood, walking to it slowly, his hand squeezing tight as he walked up to the broken stone and soon enough he kicked hard into it.

It was in that state that Solan stood there, his dark golden eyes staring down at the stone, his pale skin showing in his hands and his face, his dark black hair a mess. He maintained the illusion that hid his more inhuman features, atleast for the moment even though there was no one here to even see them.

"Damned creatures... I hoped they all died painfully." He muttered, closing his eyes for a moment, not paying attention to any who might arrive.

Elise of House Marr Elise of House Marr

Elise wasn't so sure what she was going to find doing this. Just wreckage, wreckage and survivors, wreckage and people trying to rebuild. The worst thing to find was probably that the Byrn somehow still had something around. That was the real thing she wanted to keep an eye out for. It wasn't a thorough sweep, not really. But they were essentially 'keeping an eye out.' In the meantime, she wanted to stretch her legs on this one. Maybe she could find some local fauna to spar against. her lightsaber and her combat style didn't particularly permit fighting targets that she should expect to remain living for long.

Besides, you never knew what you could find in the remains. Sometimes, what was left behind was something more valuable than what she could have find in the living. It was at least an excuse to claim she was active. Even if technically most of that time was spent in a ship and was her troops doing scans and sweeps to get a general idea of things. A detailed excavation would probably be too much, and too costly, without sufficient reason. But a brief check on each planet had the possibility of turning something up, and if it didn't, she'd at least have updated maps she could use if need be. Things a city would work around as it was constructed, places where caverns might have been produced should she bring them to the right scientist.

She along with several of her guard would land, essentially just going for a walk. One of the gunships sticking around to pick them up if need be. But mostly staying out of the way. She chatted with one of them as she moved on until something caught her attention, the sith knight tilted her head as she spotted a figure, she held a hand for her guard to stay back and move on. It was hardly anything unusual for her, by now they accepted they could relax when she did that as long as they were ready to move if called.

Eventually she'd make her way up leaving her guards a good distance behind as she hung her helmet from her belt and approached the lone figure, "Just a reminder everything falls apart eventually isn't it?" she prompted looking at the throne, putting a foot up on a patch of rubble and leaning her arm on the leg, "Glad I didn't have to fight them, seem pretty gross, and probably really exhausting."

Solan could hear the arrival of the dropship, his eyes turning over his shoulder and him thinking carefully on who might be coming. Had Vulpesen and Jairdain come to check on him, the revival process was still something he was getting used to. The new body he had was something he hadn't quite gotten used to and even as he sat there the illusion that hid the wings he now had would shift to better hide them if possible. He could always be running into a Miralukan, knowing well enough they would be able to see through such a simple illusion with ease, but that possibility was lower.

Soon his answer would come though as he looked over his shoulder, sizing up the woman who started talking to him. It did not take him long to sense the place in the force that this person was, the flow of the force had become something he was intimately familiar with, stuck in that flow for forty years. Small changes were like a bomb now to him, his eyes studying her before looking back at the broken throne once again.

"Exhausting was one word for it." He shifted and started to stand, the man speaking with a sense of familiarity for events that were far in the past. Whether he was there or not, he did not make such a thing obvious at the moment as he brushed his hand over the clothes that Vulpesen had given him for the short time being.

Soon enough he would look over to where the woman had come from, thinking for a moment before deciding to introduce himself. He was sure his name would have no meaning after so long, after all the last time he did anything the Silver Jedi and the Sith Empire were still kicking around in the galaxy.

"The name is Solan Charr, I apologize but you are a Sith I assume?" He would glance at the saber on her wrist, him seeming to wear no weapon on his form and even his presence in the force seemed a complete mess, making it hard to be sure what Solan was.

Elise watched him, her focus was on the enhancement of her physical sense in the force. And her instinct. But the force itself gave some sense. And some instinct. She was no miraluka certainly, not without trying at least. But she could at least tell he was different. But that was hardly much to go on. And not something she really cared to go on either. If it mattered, she'd probably find out.

He gave answer and she raised a brow, and a slight smirk at the response. Yeah, it was one word for it. She imagined plenty had far more...touchy words for how they'd like to describe the Byrn. Especially those who lost something, or someone. But exhausting seemed accurate, if insufficient. "I'm Elise of House Marr." she answered with a shrug, "Family is more touchy on the name thing than I am. But it's there. Is it a good idea to wander around unequipped?"

She waved a hand at his lack of apparent weaponry, "Sneaky, powerful, or stupid I imagine are probably the most common reasons for that. Though I guess poor or local could happen." she kept a pretty casual tone as she watched him, She didn't trust him, naturally. The lack of a weapon made that worse. 'mad' was just another kind of stupid. That and powerful were the main concerns. But then, whatever he was, if it mattered, she'd probably find out. She wasn't on a recon mission for weird people looking at thrones.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Elise wasn't stupid to keep an eye on him, no that was the intelligent move for certain. Even as he moved with an apparent lack of care or worry, he was watching her all the same though with far less of a direct take on doing so. Instead he used the force, looking through it at her and her guards, the memories of how to do so as fresh as if he still had his failing eyes from his old body. Instead he was in this one, one that had no issues with any of that and one he could be far more relaxed with now that he had gotten a hold on it and the changes he had experienced. He would move to sit back down again, this time resting on a toppled column where he could keep an eye on Elise and the entrance, making certain that catching him off guard was far harder.

"I assume your answer with a house name is a yes to my question on your allegiance to the Sith? You must apologize, ive been away and under a rock for a while, so I am not quite familiar with current events and names." He would shift to rest his chin in his palm, his elbow on his leg while he studied her a bit more openly.

"As for your inquiry on that, I wouldn't worry about it. But, if you must know, yes I am a local. Though as you can tell my homeworld has seen... well better days." He sighed to himself, looking at the room for a moment before looking back at her eyes, trying to decipher her thoughts.

"Are you curious about why I have no weapons? I must admit it is a bit annoying to be without such, but I was unable to get my hands on any. So its less an issue of poor, or a choice, simply the inability to have such on my person right now."

The lack of reaction to the assumption she was a sith was worth noting, while she generally preferred that, that related to when she was around people that could to some degree be trusted to not go off their rocker. Being in the middle of some world away from sith space, not so much. There were lots of wild people, and plenty of them had power. While she wasn't the most gruesome sith of the bunch, the mere relation might be enough for plenty of people.

"Lots of rocks. Lots of events, really too much to keep up with if you ask me." she answered maintaining the light tone, that was also not even a remote exaggeration. All the politics in her opinion was utterly mundane. She only kept herself minimally attentive to whatever was relevant to the next meeting she had to attend.

His responses and reactions really were only affirming that he had to be different. Whatever difference there was in the force, it was secondary to everything else now.
"You're really taking it all in stride though it seems. Come back from under a rock, Byrn did their Byrning, and just having a chat with a sith without a weapon. You gotta admit, you're an odd case."

As for her thoughts, Elise had a fairly active barrier in resistance to the force., but she was hardly hiding her suspicion of him. If rather relaxed in the range of options of what it could mean. Speculation she didn't feel was necessary. So she just relaxed where she was as she spoke with him. Seeing what would play out. She wasn't prompting him into a fight, just pressing questions.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Solan would listen as she responded, the light tone she continued to hold causing him to pause and consider what to say next. She was already proving to be someone he did not necessarily know how to deal with. If she was going to attack him he would have thought she would do so by now but perhaps she was a bit more cautious about such things. When he was last kicking around the Sith were such a dominant power there was not many who would cause them to stop and consider things. Was this woman one such person?

He would have to find that out, after all he couldn't just go and accept a Sith wandering around in his home now could he?

"Hmm? Well, what can I say, thats just how things are when you have been asleep for forty years." He would give a shrug before looking at her from the side of his gaze. His head had turned back to the throne for a moment, thinking but still keeping his focus on her.

"I hate to chat and bother you too much with talk of the past. After all it was half a century ago that this place stood so grand and tall against the sky. Surely you have more important things to be curious about instead of standing here and just looking over scraps and stone of things long forgotten." He would shift again and lean forward, his eyes on the woman again.

"As for my odd situation, it is something that comes with being of our kind, no? Ill admit though, do feel a tad more... fractured after being brought back." He would smile and release the illusions that had been hiding the more inhuman features. His eyes a tad more golden while behind him four wings seemed to be tucked against his body. Other than that the only change in what she would be seeing was if she looked through the force, his being appearing more like swiss cheese than a single stable form.

"So, tell me about what ive missed if you don't mind. Is House Marr something important?"

She raised a brow at his comment. Yes, 40 years 'asleep' was certainly something that could change some things. He was certainly taking his sweet time revealing just how different things really were, she didn't really like that so much. In safe space sure it'd be interesting but she didn't like it here. On the bright side, at least she'd have something to talk about at home.

Elise supposed a lot of time had passed for a lot of things. The galaxy shifted ever so often. "Maybe. The scraps and stones aren't really the most interesting bits." she gave in answer to his matter of more interesting things. He was...something. Suspicious as could be. She just didn't know what still. He looked human enough from what she saw so far, but his age was in quetion. Carbonite of course was an easy solution, but she felt that wrong. The anzati were a race that could also resolve that, and that meant a threat. But there were also jedi and sith with lasting ages. There were illussions. There were stranger races, beings, or creations. For now, she was leaning on something like anzati or human with longevity. Maybe enhanced someway.

Annnnd then came the more important bombshells. 'our kind,' so the force. Expected enough. 'Brought back' not a lot of options there. Dead, or carbonite. And she was really not inclined to believe carbonite, something further affirmed as the senses of the body and the force gave her the truer picture. Elise rubbed her forehead letting out a groan like she found extra homework, far, far too much extra homework. This was not a small thing. "Kark it all." she mumbled. What he was, she had absolutely no idea. Some freak back from the dead it seemed, "If you want a politics update, ask a historian. Or a politician. Or some lord. There's a big galactic alliance, there's still plenty of sith. And sure, sith nobility and all that. Big family. Political, military, and physical power and whatnot."

Despite actually answering him, the change still had an effect. She was certainly surprised, and not exactly sure what to do about it. Attacking now was just stupid. She couldn't be sure what power he had, nor if he was even there given the initial illusion. And on top of that, he himself hadn't attacked yet. Why. If he was confident at least. Why not attack. So, she kept her cool. She kept talking, even kept her position. But she was just as ready to get to fighting.

That said, she reached her senses out, physical and in the force. Searching for any further hidings. Like dust or wind passing through where they shouldn't. Or stopping where they should continue. Searching in the force, alignment, emotions, power, all of that. Using the force to enhance her physical senses was something she was already immensely used to, those were hard to trick. You had to get intimate knowledge of how everything functioned to mimic reality perfectly when someone started paying attention like that. The force, that was easier to trick directly. Her sense was good, but much of it was devoted to reaction and action, instinct. Not actually discovering all the itty bitty details.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Solan sat there with his hand in holding his chin, still studying her and letting the wings stretch for a moment before pulling them back in. He still had to actively think to move them, at least for more direct movements which made them a bit of a pain to deal with so far. He would have to get used to them over time, and he was sure he would eventually be able to use them like his very arms and legs. At least he had figured out how to keep them tucked in against his body so that he could move without feeling too off balance. The body itself did seem to take some of the worst of the change in one's center of mast into nature, but it didn't change he expected his body to move in some ways and it didn't.

Still he would watch her, see her answer and see her reaction both verbally but more importantly physically. Did she move too much, did she take too heavy a breath, did her eyes change, either becoming more corrupted by the force or her pupils expanding in surprise. Every small thing could be a sign of an attack or a attempt to run, either of which he would be quite disappointed in if they happened but instead she remained where she was which was nice.

As she finished and reached out with the force though, Solan's head would tilt a bit and his brow would rise. He would chuckle and lean back, stretching his arms and letting her continue to search for any illusions that were no longer there.

Only after she got a good look would he speak up again.

"I can't say that I expected such a response, The Sith I knew back in the day like Carnifex, Taeli, Prazutis, Nyx, and uh... that girl who ran with the First Order, they were far more... reserved? Formal? Even the Black Rose had a better manner in which they carried themselves, even when I had their little Academy taken over and repurposed. Never did get why sith bothered with the attempt at looking so regal and yet were happy to bring suffering and death to so many worlds." He paused for a moment, looking past her and at the men again before scratching the back of his neck.

"Forgive me for my questions, but you must understand, you Sith are usually quite the useful bit of information when it comes to Galactic Events. Generally you are the ones causing the wars and the destruction so its a decent chance you would have been able to enlighten me on all that. I suppose I could have asked a Jedi but from what I hear the Silver Jedi are a bit out of commission and this new Order... well I'll reserve judgement until I meet one of them." Once more he paused and started to stand, brushing himself off and thinking things over.

"These legs could use a stretch, walk with me?" He posed the question to her, waiting for her response before speaking again, and if she would join him he would start walking towards a side path out of the Palace.

"So, were you raised as part of this House Marr you mentioned earlier? You seem a bit forward to be a little Noble Sith." He glanced over at her, waiting for the response as he almost seemed to reduce the idea of Sith Nobles being a logical thing.

There was a physical change, the same you'd see from someone surprised, similar to those for someone ready to bolt or fight. But not quite yet. Her body language wouldn't really show it so much. The eyes, slight adjustments to the muscles, breathing kept in preparatory breaths so oxygen was flowing, but not very intensely more than usual.

She listened to his answer. Her attention was of course diverted between safety and his words even more than before, but she still heard him out. Especially with the mention of him taking over some academy. Not that that actually meant that much, sith took over other sith academies didn't they. The comment on death and suffering caused a raised brow but not much more, "Formality is just not my thing."

Then onto sith being usually useful for information about things, that caused her to smirk a little bit. He seemed to at least have caught himself up on some things, how much, she wasn't sure. Would have been interesting to see what happened if she lied and he already knew the truth. Given lying probably wouldn't gain much. "Probably some haughty academics." she said about the jedi.

Despite the obvious concerns, she walked into step with him her men saw her from a distance. She gave a signal not to bother closing in but they'd at least keep an eye on her regardless. Likewise, she kept her senses open for a trap. Either physical, or force based. Folding her hands behind her back as she strode with him. Then hearing out his next question,
"A 'little noble sith' is an interesting way of saying that." she chuckled, "And yes, I was born into it. I just don't care for all the politics and rituals and what have you. My siblings can do all that if they want. I'll help if I have to but it's just....politics." a shrug. She'd keep her more...critical opinions of the sith to herself. She found all the politics boring, and also jedi-like. But this man didn't need to know that she looked at all their machinations negatively to such a degree it was like they were sacraficing their connection to the darkside for it despite their claims. All those thoughts of course, were securely guarded behind that force resistance. One of a few specific skills that she had made certain she grew quite well.

"I'm there because it's family. It's that simple. I learn how to fight and how to politic because I have to, but ultimately, eh. Just not my thing. If they are actually important my siblings can take care of it." she looked to him, still unsure as to what he actually was, "Onto stranger things though, quite bluntly, what's up?"

Solan Charr Solan Charr

The conversation about formality, about the politics of the Sith caused him to laugh, this time without any reservation or attempt to hold back the reaction. She would find the man seemed to have dropped any guard or worry about her attacking him. It was either sheer confidence or a sign that he knew something she didn't. Either way, he would laugh at her words and would have to explain himself as he rubbed his eyes at the thought of Sith Politics.

"You must excuse me, the thought of the Sith and their politics. It reminds me of the old days with the CIS, the Republic and the Sith Empire. Such were memorable times." He sighed and would look up at the ruined walls they walked by, continuing to keep his odd relaxed stance even as he talked with someone that could very well be an enemy. He clearly had no sign of love for the Sith, but at the same time the way he talked about the Sith and the Republic, as well as the old CIS, had a strange sense of familiarity to it, as if all three were on the same level for him.

"Your reason almost sounds human, at least as human as a Sith could view such things as family. More often than not the Sith's only care for family is as tools, or to rip such bonds apart. The amount of siblings who's very politics and greed led them to fratricide and patricide... well the Sith aren't exactly a stable group for a reason." He continued to walk, and soon Elise would be brought to an open area, one that would have been filled with flowers and plants of all kind but now was little more than an open dust ball with a few dried and long dead trees.

A sight that caused Solan to pause, standing there in silence before sighing.

"Whats up you asked? I assume you are asking about my nature? Or are you inquiring about my presence here? I apologize but I don't think you want my whole life story as an answer, so if you would not mind, it would be beneficial to have more direct questions." He would give her a smile, dodging her question for the moment and walking over to one of the long dead trees, his hand resting against it.

He certainly had some kind of view. There was a lot of context she was missing with this guy. And she wasn't sure knowing would make things all that much easier. He was more strange than she was. Her situation was at least, mostly, simple. And didn't exactly break the laws of nature, she wasn't so sure that was true of him.

That said, his opinion of sith was definitely not good. And whether or not his opinion of the CIS or Republic sucked too, didn't necessarily help her out any. At best, if he was a problem. He might be a problem for everyone rather than just the sith. More importantly, her family and her. Her eyes narrowed at his comments about family, "Been awhile since any group was stable hasn't it? Besides, sounds like you'd be pretty unhappy if they were stable." she answered, "And just for the record, I may not use those methods, but if someone uses my family against me, I'll make sure they regret it. I don't play games with that." she said. It was almost as much a threat to him, as it was a statement that if the sith tried to use her against her family or vice versa, she wouldn't stand for it. She already knew the dark side, if someone took them from her. She'd know how to use it against them. Violence wasn't something she cared about, but she at least knew how to do it. And she'd certainly do it for threat of family.

She looked at the area remaining, destruction. What good was any of what the Byrn did. But she supposed it was their way. Didn't work out in the long run though. Then back to him, she actually just found a spot to dust off and sit down at, not as big a risk as one might think when sufficient strength was applied.
"Well, you make it sound like you died. And you're neither normal for a species nor in the force. That, and you're not instantly violent. So that's interesting." she shrugged, "How'd you get back? What was changed to you? Why the....at least temporary apparent passivity."

Solan Charr Solan Charr

"Hmm? You misunderstand me... while I dislike the Sith for their more inhuman practices, I would prefer that the galaxy was stable... orderly." He clarified, a small look into how he viewed things, and especially how he saw groups like the Republic. Stability when a group like the Republic were the ones in control was a laughable thing. Such a fractured thing wouldn't be able to ensure the protection and order that Solan wanted to see for the galaxy... as for the Sith, their use of slavery, torture, alchemy, all of it was disgusting to Solan.

Still he watched her as she took a seat, a little more accepting that she was able to take her moment to sit and rest, to relax even if not truly resting her mind.

Her next questions were interesting, and he paused. He would shift for a moment and cross his hands behind him. He stood with his face away from her but she would notice he had seemed to lose some of that relaxed stance. It didn't get replaced with violence though, instead there seemed to be a sadness that crept into him and he paused for a moment to truly consider his next words before breaking up what he had to say into two chunks.

"Maintain that belief. You will find the Sith do not care about family. In the end you are pawns, each and every one of you serve you little emperors, or work to further an Order who's only purpose is an eternal war with the Jedi. Peace and a happy life with that family you have will never be a dream to successfully pursue. Take it from someone who knows how the Sith deal with family... I have become more than intimately familiar with such." He paused before focusing on her more direct questions, turning his head and looking at her over his shoulder.

With a breath in though, some measure of that almost teasing nature returned.

"Caught the first shuttle out of course. Sure, it cost a few hundred credits but it was worth it." He let the joke hang for just long enough before continuing. "No... I suppose it would be better to be honest with you since you have allowed me to see your heart and how you are so. Lets see... you are sitting in my home, the one I created and developed, this place we are in is a garden that once held thousands of flowers I grew myself. All of it was beautiful... peaceful. I was the one who ruled this place when the Brynadul wiped my home from the galaxy forty years ago, and I took their army with me when they did. If you head south a few hundred miles you will find a place devoid of the force, that was caused by me. I suppose I should have introduced myself better. I am Solan Charr as I said, the King of Kesh, reborn through the Dark Side." He would give her a smile, telling her quite clearly he had been revived and that he was the one who had ruled here during the battle.

She wasn't sure if she actually believed that statement about what he'd prefer. Whatever he was, she was far more inclined to think it was simply wishing for the greener grass on the other side. Once he got it, she figured he'd go right on to the next step. It was the same thing plenty of sith had done themselves afterall, saw more power, taken that step, or pushed another too, then saw even more power just another step beyond. Maybe not her, but she wasn't exactly the norm.

Again her eyes narrowed at him over the family comments, "I'm not a normal sith maybe, but there's still some truth in that part of the code. Peace doesn't really exist, it never did, it never will. Happiness is always sketchy, doesn't matter what group you associate with. Jedi, sith, random cityworld religion number 4. Besides, I may not be caught up on all recent events. But I'm aware enough of how vast the sith are to know you could spend several lifetimes with an empire and still be out of place the next time one pops up. The sith are even more inconsistent in their iterations than the Jedi are. Historically speaking." she shrugged, "Might not have your years, but they do teach you things in this family. Things are how they are. I'll look to what I can. Some things change, some things don't. I've got my goals though."

As far as she was concerned, he was still an unreliable source. Even if she did believe he was a source of experience, it didn't mean she was going to hop on to believing him over that. Whether because of any legitimate reason, or because she didn't want to. She wasn't going to easily or perhaps at all.

Elise smirked and raised a brow again at saying he had taken a ship off planet, well, he had some humor in him still. Then, more truth. Probably. He was the planets ruler back when the Byrn'adul attacked. And did a lot more than just fight it seemed. A lot more. She'd have to check out that spot. Very carefully, but check it out nevertheless. If he was telling the truth...yeah, then she'd have to tell her family about it. Let them decide it's importance. 'Solan Charr, King of Kesh' and then 'reborn through the dark side.' So much confirmed, so much strangeness and foreignness. And so much danger.

She let out another sigh, looking up and chewing on her lip. That's a lot to take in. She was hardly unaware of such possibilities, but....to happen to show up in front of one with a less than pleasant outlook on the sith. That was something a bit more special than just having to read about it in some holo-book. A bit of an odd question arose as she squinted up in thought before returning her gaze at him, actually, several started to emerge,
"Not to sound offensive but...why? I mean, how should be a given. But...why? Revenge? Get your planet back? Someone looking for a leader? Accident?" she prompted, they were mostly all just asking the same thing, but he wanted direct, so she was direct, "You're not exactly going straight on the offensive, so, what is your plan and why do you entertain a talk with what you consider unstable and destructive to family."

She still wasn't going to relent that that latter part was generally true, almost universally so. But that didn't mean she couldn't reference his belief in it to address her confusion. She wasn't taking it lightly but she was still curious as to what could possibly be going on, and what it would mean. She liked to be more casual than this, but, this time, it might actually matter. People coming back from the dead wasn't something to take easily.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Her words about family, especially hers didn't cause him to retort, to argue or to even speak a word in response. Instead what she received was a kind and soft smile, one that he held for a moment. Whatever was going on in his mind, it did not come out and he moved to go sit down not far from her, settling down on the ground and relaxing his shoulders while he sat there. He would listen to her next set of questions with more focused attention than before and consider each of them slowly.

When she was done though, he would take things slowly before nodding and speaking carefully.

"For everything I have said, I have known Sith who do not fit what I have said. They are few and far between... To tell the truth I have rather enjoyed this conversation, that is why I entertain this talk with you because it is nice to have such a talk after so long. You see, in the forty years that I was dead, I did not get to rest in the Other Side. I wandered that field to the south, every day, unable to sleep or rest. It was... training." His tone reflected how tired he had been during that time. How many hours and days he had seen pass him by with not a single chance to rest. It was all a lot and he for a moment truly looked defeated thinking about the fate he had placed on himself.

"Had my dear friends not come for me, I likely would have remained a wandering spirit, looking over this barren rock for a century? For a millennia? It is something I don't wish to think of when the conversation we have had so far has been rather nice. But, to answer your other questions... why..." He paused for a moment more before thinking it over and stating clearly.

"Bringing war to my home once again, it would be wrong. I will do what I can to wipe the Brynadul from this galaxy, their remaining outposts, their remaining people. I will wipe them clean and burn away their corruption. After that, I will ensure that the safety of my home and people is never broken again. I don't care for the struggle of the Jedi and the Sith, that is a war that will continue no matter what I do but here in this secluded corner of the Galaxy I could create a stable and safe place for any who free themselves from that senseless war. So, if you are truly worried about what I plan to do, do not worry about you or your family ever being caught up in it. Honestly, I am sad to think about it though after speaking with you so far. Your family sounds like people who are too good to be a part of the Sith, you should free yourself from such chains and seek some peace and freedom in your lives." He paused, realizing what he was saying before shrugging and thinking long about it.

"My people include Sith Purebloods, along with the Keshiri and Humans native to this planet. After all, before I ruled this planet, it used to be controled by a tribe of Sith who likely would have brought the world under the control of your people's Emperor. Maybe if I had never taken over the rule of the planet, they would have been able to stop the Brynadul if they were part of that Empire, but I never regretted what I did because I love this world and it's people. Just as you love your family, these people are my family, especially when I lost my daughter. So, if you intend on leaving here, and saying anything or bringing anyone here to harm my people once we have reclaimed our home, do not expect me to show any more mercy than you woudl for someone who hurts your family." All joking, all softness left his voice as he said the last bit. The words about his daughter contained a specific venomb behind them, and she would notice an intense and overwhelming anger and hatred as he mentioned her.

After all, it was the Sith from the Sith Empire who had tortured his sickly daughter, and had killed her infront of his eyes. He remembered that well, his gaze aimed right at Elise, seeing how she would react to his words.

Despite his initial standing about it, and her own bit of upset over his statements on family, he at least admitted there were exceptions. She rather felt a sort of pity for him as he explained. 40 years, stuck. With an eternity he could have theoretically been waiting on. That was not an end she certainly wanted, but there was no real safety. Not for sith, not for jedi. Not even for those not sensitive to the force. You could always be snatched up by some clever fiend looking for some power source of torment, or caught in the midst of a force wound.

Fortunately for him, he had friends to aid him. And now, for why. Elise looked at him, her gaze occasionally drifting a bit. Even back in the direction she imagined her own home was as he explained what his current goals were. And his seemingly adjusted thoughts on her and her family. This was...heavier discussion. All of it. She realized she really wasn't used to that. Not hearing it, or telling it. Maybe dying made such conversations more common.

She looked to him again as he paused, watching him intently with his next speech. He gave his...warning. She wouldn't bring herself down to call it a threat. This sounded like it truly mattered to him, he wasn't demanding some invasion on her. Just making a statement of warning as she did. He may not have intended softness, but in a sense, she took it that way. Just not softness for her. She saw the anger, felt that. And she was quite glad he wasn't the type of angry spirit that attacks all passerbies.

The sith knight took in a breath and looked out away from him eventually, to the wreckage that was once a warzone. "You know, I'm not sure there's much for me to say about that. Other than," she hesitated a little on the second portion, "I'd certainly recommend not coming after here."

She lifted a piece of rock slowly into her hand, rubbing a thumb on it to see how it had stood up to the test of time since it had been completely exposed to the elements again, "Right now, I'm not out here on any kind of invasion mission. I'm just scouting. Not even for a target or something." she assured him, not out of fear, just...something, not pity this time though, "Still, I take it that was also supposed to be the end of us stretching our legs?" she prompted in his direction letting the rock hover back down.

There wasn't much she could think to say back anymore. Not a statement, or an argument, or a threat. And the sense of casual discussion felt passed.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

It was Solan's turn to sit and listen as she said her piece in response to his warning. Just as she had taken it, he would not have to worry about those connected to her coming around and trying something. Of course, they could just end up coming anyways but he had a feeling that wouldn't be much of a worry. If anything he would likely have to worry about her or someone connected to her coming around to check on how things had progressed since the last time that the world had been investigated. He was curious if the Sith would prove to be a threat for his home, not yet knowing the state of the Galaxy fully. His own people had been the descendants of a group of lost Sith that had settled on the planet all that time ago, but that was thousands of years in the past.

Even with that in mind, that culture had remained and he knew that well. He could ensure the protection of his people through the Crystal Mirror network that had once watched over all of Kesh, implementing a similar system if he needed to after figuring out how the mirrors worked back in his old time ruling. Still he would consider those things lightly as he watched her lift a piece of rock, raising a brow and soon hearing her point about this having reached its natural end. Had it? He could see where he would agree with that.

Still...

"Well, that is good to hear none the less. I would rather not have to teach you a personal lesson on why that would be a bad idea. You seemed the agreeable sort so far and it would be a bit rude of me to have to teach a guest such a lesson." His tone had returned to its confident and relaxed nature, making it clear that he was quite confident in his abilities and how he rated against her. Of course, he could be overconfident, but no need to figure that out quite yet, after all that would surely put a damper on the mood.

None the less he would stand, stretching his arms a little bit before shrugging to her.

"Shall I escort you out of my home, or well... what remains of it. I really do need to clean the place up once my people get back." He would roll his head, thinking for a moment. He still needed to get back settled and set up, top of the list would need to be a trip to get a suitable crystal for a new saber.

She had meant it, and hoped Malum would take it into consideration. It wasn't that often she took the initiative on a political warning when not asked. In a meeting with just family, sure, she'd say some things. Usually criticisms or humor. But just coming back from a sort of informal scouting mission to tell him she'd prefer they avoid somewhere, that was likely worth a bit more.

Elise chuckled slightly at calling her the agreeable sort and teaching her a personal lesson, "Likewise your highness, wouldn't want to make for a poor guest would I?" she joked in response, even if he'd given it with confidence, she wasn't planning on relenting so easily over what would happen if they did fight. She wasn't a sith lord, and if he was all he said he was she wasn't actually sure her chances. But then again, he couldn't know everything about her either. For now, she was good with that.

She pushed herself to her feet,
"If you like. Stress my guards out a bit more along the way." she grinned, "Though I guess they missed the part where you said you died, probably think there's not too much to worry about. Well, hope you get your home in...not this." she looked at the wreckage then back a little sympathetically, "Sorry."

This had been quite an interesting outing. A bit of humor came through her about how she could bring it up in conversation. A rather...absurd situation to be in for her but it would make for a bit of a story. Especially if he actually succeeded. Though she really hoped he didn't decide for some kind of invasion, that wouldn't look so good.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Solan's hands would find his pockets, him walking with them restrained right there. He would go ahead and chuckle at her calling him your highness. It was strange to hear that after so long but he would raise his hand and shake his hand at that. The man had gotten used to not hearing those words for so long that it felt a little strange for now.

"As much as I appreciate the formal title and everything, lets try and avoid using that ehh? It is a bit strange to hear those words again, even if I suppose they are true. Might want to also wait for my people to actually return to their homes before we go and start using words like that." He would sigh and roll his neck, listening to her as she mentioned him stressing out her guards. That would surely be amusing and he almost thought about how he could cause such stress but in the end he just shrugged in response to the idea.

It was when she said sorry that she would hear a truly unexpected bout of laughter. He looked like he was going to kill over from the funniest joke he had ever heard as he smirked and glanced over at her.

"As for that, don't worry about it... then again, hearing a Sith actually say Sorry and mean it. I cant say that I have ever considered that a possibility. You are certainly a new and strange sight Elise. That said, try not to give me too many strange sights. I can only take so many surprises at a time considering how strained this new body surely is by not letting it rest and get used to me being inside of it." He would sigh and could tell he would truly need to rest some time soon. The thought while he walked and they got closer to where their conversation had started coming to mind.

"That said, if you do ever make yourself present again in this place, do drop by. Perhaps by then, there might be a few trees and flowers returned to this place if you are so worried about all the dust and ruins."

She kept a smile for his response on his title, shrugging her shoulders at the issue. "Your choice." she answered. His laughter did catch her a bit off guard though with no sign of attack she at least wasn't actually afraid, just smiling slightly confused at his reaction waiting patiently for him to finish with vague amusement. Yep. Definitely a good story to tell...well...maybe not.

"Yeah...best not spread that little part around quite as much. Glad to give you a good show though." she chuckled again herself, "But at least I know the path to victory against you is to..." she immediately paused deciding the joke she was going to make should absolutely not be spread to people who she couldn't know would keep it quiet, "Nevermind on that, that humor may not be good for my health either."

His offer for her to drop by again if she was ever by again also raised a brow, somewhat uncertain, and also intrigued at the offer. Despite not being the one laughing, she was pretty sure of the two of them, he was the far stranger one. And she was still not quite sure how to react to that. Then again, she was definitely an outlier among sith. Just not..an outlier of all living beings. "Well, at the very least I'll consider it. Thanks." she agreed as she'd began to walk back signalling for her guards to wrap up and start head back to the ship before her, "This wasn't what I was here for that's for sure. But, it's definitely something I'll get to remember. So, thanks for that too?"

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom