Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Place of Healing [GA + CIS, OSL]

Leonasa, Monastery
Medical Tent

It had been the first time in the last week and a half that the Jedi Master was able to get some solid sleep and properly heal his wounds from Lothal and from the rescue of Romi and Coren a few days ago. While he fell asleep faster, this did little to keep his dreams at bay. The Alliance had fallen, an organization that Kahne was a part of several years ago but he left after he felt he lost his way. Circumstances had brought him to return but at the worst possible time, his arrival on Lothal while he and others tried to rally the defenses but it was to no avail. As hopeful as the Jedi Master was, he wasn't all powerful. He couldn't stave off the might of the Supreme Leader and his lackeys. Many Jedi were killed that day, and there wasn't anything Kahne could do but retreat with the surviving members. That was when he heard word of the fall of Coruscant as well as various other planets and that Romi and Coren were taken hostage. From there is where he was now, laying in a tent his wounds healing and his strength and energy restored, even so the Jedi Master awoke with a start.

Kahne sat up quickly in the makeshift small bed, breathing heavily for a moment or two before he utilized a breathing exercise to calm himself easily enough. Kahne glanced to his side as there were other individuals in the medical tent getting medical attention and others were sleeping as he was just a few moments ago. He swung his legs to the side and his feet touched the floor and he then stood up. The Jedi stretched a little bit, as a Healer had recommended he return to his bed and lay for at least another few hours Kahne reassured her that he was much better. But to give her peace of mind he informed her he would return soon and rest for a little bit long.

The Jedi Master was wearing civilian clothing at the present time as he offered when he arrived. Kahne stepped out of the ten and he looked up towards the sky for a brief moment as there was a good amount of activity going on about. Individuals seems to keep pouring in as did the supplies and such. As he looked around the area, some were crying while others were happy to be alive. Holding their loved ones close, and to that end that made Kahne think of his own family, as he hoped they were right. The darkside dealt them a terrible blow, and Kahne had to hope that a plan to counter this terrible invasion was being formulated.

Pretty_General.png
purple1.png
"Srina." Nysana said with concern in her voice, there had been very few times in her life that she could count where her sister was this emotional. Nysana held her elder sister just as she had done in years past. One sibling to another, "I know." They were the only two words that she knew to say and while they were not comforting words. Srina would understand, "but we must move forward and be strong, there are those who have no where to go and no where to turn. We must organize them, I believe members of the Silver Jedi and the Sacred Lotus are helping."

She gave Srina's hand a gentle squeeze as her sister pushed back. "The Goddess is watching, we must embrace her love and show it to those in need." With that, she took a step back and turned to continue her coordination efforts. She crossed the camp and approached one of the healers, "Kayla isn't it? Nysana, I don't believe we've been properly introduced before but can you tell me the status of the two tents you've been placed with?" It would be necessary to know the severity of the children's camps. "I'll forward anything you have to the Ministry. Perhaps we can reach out to neighboring systems to help find family members."

While Kayla spoke, Nysana listened and then thanked the woman for the information. "I'll return shortly, but there was a young boy I sent this way. He was looking for his brother, I know it's a hard task but see to him if you could?"

The Echani broke away from the healer and headed across the camp, everywhere she looked there was such despair and she knew their despair. Not so long ago she had lost her wife and daughter. Grief and pain were losses that many knew now, worst of all they had no homes to go back to and for those who braved the destruction. She took a deep breath and exhaled, she pushed herself across the camp. We must have hope, the night is darkest before the dawn and yes hope is frail but we must hang on. If we are to have a fighting chance against the darkness.

"Doctor Raine, isn't it?"

"Nysana Talon, what can you tell me about your tent?"

This would be the question, repeated throughout the night she felt.

[member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Kayla Wylen"] | [member="Samara Raine"]

Mishel Kryze

M
0r5ilE0.png
Mishel didn't actually remember much of anything after getting clocked by that starfighter. She blacked out midway down and woke only to annoyingly bright lights on the way here. Even then the words cryo were uttered which left her to assume that her condition had not been well. Upon arrival on Monastery she was shuffled, and saw only the face of [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] who looked at her with something of concern. From there it was another block of blackness, nothing to recall, except that the Force pushed at her to wake. The same familiar aura from before, the same call as something or someone here was of importance to her and who that was she could not say. "Coren." She said when she tried to will herself awake but her mind was heavy, weighed down with medication. She had to get out of here, she had to go get Coren. Ember would know, Ember always knew.

"She's waking up."

"She's not ready, get her back under."

"Heart rate's increasing."

"I said put her back under, she's not ready yet."

Gorram starfighter.

[member="Alessandra Creed"]

When it raines, it pours.
Silver Mobile Surgical Unit #2
Camp Rogativa, Leonasa, Monastery
sjheaderpurple.png

"Pardon me," a deep contralto voice called out to get Samara's attention. The honey blonde's head turned as a pair of sea green eyes looked over to where [member="Nine Lives"] was standing in the distance. "I have brought extra medical supplies. Large. Where might they be best distributed?" asked the hooded individual. It was hard to make the sentient's features out, and there was an aloofness to their aura in the Force, but for now it did not matter. They were there to help it seemed, and it was all hands on deck.

"Oh, thank you!" Sam smiled appreciatively. "I would have you start at the first treatment area over near the entrance, then make your way around to the subsequent ones. That way each area gets resupplied in an orderly fashion." she nodded, then went back to work on the injured Alliance pilot.

After finishing up with [member="Wedge Draav"] the best she could with his reluctance to receive care from her for a reason not revealed fully due to his serious condition, Samara and her IM-6 battlefield medical droid moved on through the chaotic sea of wounded and traumatized individuals who had come from the battled GA-held worlds.

This was considered a mass casualty incident and thus would have to be treated as such if they were to help the influx of large numbers needing assistance from medical to mental as well as a safe haven for respite. Emergency medicine was the young Jedi doctor's forte so she would shine in this environment. Samara's Jedi Knight Trials were coming up soon and she hoped a good report here would hold some positive weight when being evaluated for promotion. She was eager, yet ever patient to achieve the awarded higher rank of the Jedi.

While the Silver Circle support personnel began erecting the SMSU on the place provided within the refugee camp, the apprentice healer began to triage a new flood of patients coming in, breaking them down into the standard four categories: Red for critical, Yellow for non-life threatening injuries, Green for the walking wounded, and the last, Black, unfortunately for those deceased or expected. The latter were given compassionate care to lesson their suffering at the end and the former, dignity in their sacrifice.

The Jedi healer was lost to her work when another voice searched her out. "Doctor Raine, isn't it? Nysana Talon, what can you tell me about your tent?"

"Yes, I'm she," Sam nodded back respectfully, taking the beautiful Echani woman in. Their kind had such a regalness to them. The padawan quickly wiped off her just sanitized hands on a flimsy towel, then offered her right one for a shake. "Samara Raine... Nice to meet you. I am an apprentice healer with the Silver Circle," the blonde smiled warmly, then fielded the question posed by [member="Nysana Talon"].

"Well, this is one of our Silver Mobile Surgical Units or SMSU for short pronounced 'Simsoo'. We can handle just about any type of injury from the battlefield as well as help with humanitarian needs, which this crisis has both components of. Right now Unit #2, which I am overseeing currently, is concentrating efforts mainly on the medical side of things until the need lessens, then we will offer additional relief services," she explained matter of fact, then added in a thoughtful manner after a moment.

"The Confederacy has been most gracious in allowing the Silver Jedi to partner with them in this endeavor here on Monastery, a place I am very fond of. We must keep hope alive for those affected by this devastating event that has befallen them."

[member="Kayla Wylen"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

Aryn Teth

Leonasa, Monastery, Haserian Sector, The Mid Rim
Interacting With: [member="Darth Metus"]
There was something almost laughable about the words of the Vicelord, the man was insistent, Aryn had to give him that. The Sith lord held an optimism about the future of the Alliance that Aryn certainly did not see, and that no survivor he had met seemed to share. It was ironic that the man currently pushing for the Alliance's maintenance, on its resurgence, was one of the men who, by all accounts should have been one of the most pleased by its fall.

Of course, Aryn knew the value that the alliance between his nation and the Vicelord's had brought, he understood the desire that Metus had to maintain it. Still, the assault that the Alliance had suffered was a rare kind, and it was the kind from which a nation, even of that size, of that strength, did not recover from. Perhaps one day, another, new government would rise up to take the Alliance's place. But they needed more than Aryn at the helm, certainly.

"I'm no ranking officer, not any more..." He sighed, keeping the chit held up between himself and the man before him. "It's not the Sith who I think are done, it's the Alliance that I know is done. I can't be the commander of ashes."

Briefly he glanced back over to the crowds of people, most of them were civilians, of those who had fought for the Alliance, be they pilots, crewmen or soldiers, the vast majority had been killed. Of those who remained it was predominantly civilians, people who simply wished for peace, to return to their lives. Their fight was over, and he had no place dragging them back into it.

"The best thing I can do now, is make sure this money is used well enough to help people acclimate and recover. Feeding it into a lost war helps no one." He focused his gaze upon Metus, locking his blue eyes with the sulfurous ones of the Sith Lord. "Please do this, not for me certainly, but if you value the alliance our peoples had."

It wasn’t long before Valae spotted the delicate form of [member="Srina Talon"]. Indeed, the young woman was not her usual self; the toll taken was evident in her appearance. It was a weary expression shared by most present today. While the quiet resolve of their allies had not waned, their energy certainly had – this she could easily feel in the auras of those around her.

“Srina,” She said, offering a soft smile and a nod of greeting. “Thank you for the kind words, I’m glad to help in any way that I can.”

Valae knew that their allies would be there for them, had the tables turned. It was a friendship that she wanted to support and grow, and trying times were here to put them all to the test.

Placing a comforting hand on Srina’s shoulder, she would let her own aura expand slightly to bring the young woman a sense of calm. And with this simple gesture would come a small flow of renewed energy, just enough to renew the body and spirit.

Glancing about, it seemed that Metus was already engaged by another, and she did not wish to interrupt. “Please give your Master my regards,” Valae said, letting her hand fall away. “I should make my way to the medical tents.”

[member="Samara Raine"] was already there, the honey-blonde woman always had been dedicated and quick to assist.

Sorry for the delay!

motionpurp.png

“I don’t fail.”

Her words came smoothly, without hesitation, and no small amount of snark. Of course, people would have tried to kill him. He’d been a High Moff in a nation full of Storm Troopers and general lunatics that thought fighting each other was better than fighting their REAL enemy. At least, that was what she’d observed while going through documents. It was a shame that she couldn’t get her hands on most of the financials. At least the Imps had the good sense to destroy their records before abandoning ship. “I do what I want—when I want. And I definitely, don’t fail.”

Her confidence was not misplaced. There was a reason she had retained a position as a Minister at such a young age, and generally speaking, spoke circles around most that sought to do business. She was well-informed, educated, and carried an aura that brooked no room for argument.

Alessandra walked quietly with Adron while he explained his thought process on the actions of the Sith Empire. The raven-haired woman understood that it was unlikely they would experience a second wave, however, she refused to call off their forces just yet. Everyone would remain on high alert until tensions died down. They had too many civilian worlds to care for as well as the refugees from Coruscant. Chances simply could not be taken. “Understood. I just want to remain at the ready.”

She looked out over the vast area and tried to imagine what it must have been like in Galactic City. Never had she seen such brutality first hand, but, she was no stranger to the after effects. When Adron mentioned that she had misunderstood her brow furrowed slightly. “Survival of the fittest.”, she murmured back quietly, unusually quiet, when she normally had a quip for everything. In this moment she did not. Everything felt too harsh. Too bright. He mentioned needing more droids and she nodded slowly. “How many more?”

“I’ll get what you need. Just, make me a list. I’ll see it done.”

Overly observant eyes did not miss the way that he seemed to notice the wound on his shoulder before he lowered his arm. Clearly, the movement caused him discomfort. She reached for him again, for his good arm, made sure she had his attention. There was no hubris or arrogance in her eyes. It was a soft expression. “Why don’t you stop by one of the medical tents? You’ll be able to work better once they take a look at you. The Silvers just arrived with their Grandmaster. Surely they can do something.”

Alessandra just didn’t like to see him in pain. For whatever reason, it bothered her, and she felt the desire to end the nagging feeling of unease. Her lips parted as if to say something more when she felt a familiar presence. It was not the first time this had happened. Normally, it was when she was in proximity to her mother, father, or brother. Her stomach sank. Could they be here among the refugees? Her parents shouldn’t have been anywhere near Coruscant but…

“Do you have a list of the displaced?”

It was an odd question to ask out of the blue. But, she could feel something, someone, in distress. Tugging her around in such a way that her stomach knotted. Her hand went to her forehead as she tried to focus on it but it was hard to pinpoint with all of these people. “I’m afraid that someone I know is here. Down there. Hurt. It feels like family.”

motionpurp.png
[member="Adron Malvern"]

Sanctuary had always been a place that lived up to its namesake. Nora had taken the reins where others had not, and in place of Hazel, Kismet and Sardun she had created something that still lived up to the ideals that its leaders had seemingly dropped. While pride did circulate through her veins every now and then at her accomplishment, she also knew that she was just a small part of why the Order managed to cling to life in the way it did. The help of a great many Lotus Guards had helped increase stability and increased recruitment drives to regain the numbers lost in the months that the temple had spent in squalor and disrepair.

They had once spanned planets, in a sense, with a banner of their own for people to rally under to seek comfort and health. That hadn’t changed much, there were different banners on Monastery now but for the most part they had accepted the Order’s presence to a degree deemed acceptable for continued cooperation. Perhaps out of respect for what they once were, or what they were still trying to be.

The old guard were few now, most had become more than the Lotus had been able to offer them to be and as a result they left. It happened to a lot of the key personnel around the grounds and even still their lack of presence shivered down the spine of the chain of command like a bad nightmare. Or in Nora’s case, her abdomen. With the chaos on Coruscant and the state of her friend Nylea there was a great measure of worry that circulated through Nora’s mind.

As much as the Order had wanted to be a presence they were spread thin. They could serve as a home base to help people recuperate, but where were their numbers? A hand carefully reached under the fabric of her tunic to grasp at the pothole-shaped scar that was left behind where Zanteres’ saber had struck through Nora and almost left her dead. Vivid memories of betrayal still echoed around her like a reminder of what betrayal felt like. Of what it meant to be the stronger one even in death.

Hazel had been too weak to lead. She had cracked and she had tried to disappear. Nora was doing everything she could to pick up the pieces left behind, and one day she would throw them right back in the blonde woman’s face and spit in her face. They had been friends, Hazel had been like a goddamned mother to her. And then-

“Nora.” A familiar voice called into her office with a stern glare. “Stop.”

The Arkanian girl snapped out of it. Her hand reached out from under her shirt and she turned around to look at who it was. Karl, one of the old guard and one of the few that had remained throughout everything. For a second she glared back before she eased up with a gentle sigh.

“I’m sorry.” She muttered under her breath and looked out her window overlooking the courtyards of sick and injured. “It’s just a lot right now.”

“I know,” Karl said and approached her to grab at her shoulder. “But we are all in this together. Don’t forget that.”

“I won’t.” Nora sighed and took a seat behind her desk again. “Have you checked on the supplies we sent for yesterday?”

“Still in transit.” Karl answered with a frown.

“Chit.” Nora hissed much to Karl’s surprise. The girl wasn’t much of a cusser.

“We can spend some time talking about this when the situation has calmed.” He offered and approached the door. “Might do you some good.”

“That would be for the best.” Nora sighed and propped herself up against her desk with another sigh. “Go see if there is anything that our healers need. We need to keep them in top shape for a long while to come.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Karl nodded and left.

Nora’s forehead found the surface of her desk at an alarming speed. A dunk echoed ever so slightly against its hardwood surface before the girl recoiled back up again with a hiss.

“Ow, ow ow ow.” She hissed an inhale. “Idiot. I am an idiot.”

With it's s-foils folded forward the UT-60D starfighter, or more known as U-wing, reversed it's thrusters with a roar and sat down next to the Silver Jedi transport. Upon recieving a signal with a request from grand master [member="Valae Kitra"] who was heading to Monastery, and seeing that he was nearby the mid rim system, he had decided to join them without much consideration. Now being fairly well established within the Antarian Rangers, it was a good opportunity to work closer with the force sensitives within the Order.

The engines roar faded away when he shut them down and went to the back of the ship, already having a backpack ready with medical supplies standing by the door. Putting on the backpack and sliding the door open with a push of a button, he took the short jump down on the ground. To the advantage of mobility he was wearing his camoflaged Tarisian battle dress uniform together with a chest- and backplate and shoulder guards in the same pattern. Lower leg and knee armor and a simple, also camoflaged, battle helmet. Knowing little about the situation on the planet it was best to start prepared. An armband with a universal medic symbol was strapped to his left upper arm. Being a soldier he never went on a mission unarmed; an SHG-001 ranger field pistol sat in it's holster strapped to his right thigh.

A stones throw away was chaos, ill and wounded people in grave need for aid. In the closing darkness of the night it was difficult to make a priority of the wounds at a distance. Dim lights from nearby houses and street lamps was revealing little of the huge task that was in front of them. He picked up a comlink from his utility belt.

''Master Kitra? Caphey here. I've just landed. How's the situation? Any particular place you need me?''

blood.png

[member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]​

Let the Past die.

How many times had [member="Srina Talon"] uttered those words? How many times had she insisted that the Vicelord not let his heritage and what was color his perception of the present. If Darth Metus was being honest with himself, far too many times to count. But, he was trying. In most things, he tried to leave the Mandalorian way of thinking behind. He tried to think diplomatically, always pausing to think what would Srina do when it came to interactions with other people.

And in this situation, Darth Metus had to pause as well.

When [member="Aryn Teth"] responded, once again declining his role of Supreme Commander, the Sith admittedly felt a heat rise in his stomach. A low pang - annoyance - at the defeat that was written all over the man's face. If the roles were reversed, if it were Geonosis, Druckenwell, Siskeen, and every other notable Confederate world ripped apart, Darth Metus would have fought to the last man. But that was the Mandalorian way of thinking, was it not?

The notion to put blasters in the hands of everyone who could stand. The notion to never quit, never surrender, never pull out - was that not the remnants of Mandalore inside his heart? Let the Past Die. He could almost hear her in his ear right now.

Reaching, he plucked the chit out of the former Commander's hand.

"The ashes are going to continue to be burned you know." he breathed, before placing the funds safely into his utility belt. "The Sith are nothing, if not relentless. They will unleash their apprentices upon what remains, test their monsters upon their broken lives. You..." He shook his head. "I disagree. With every damn word you've said thus far. But I do value the alliance. And I do value all the work Srina has done in maintaining it."

He reached out, placing his hand upon the man's shoulders.

"Find your will to fight again, Aryn. Those worlds are crying for you, don't abandon them forever."

With that, he gave the Commander's shoulder a confident squeeze and stepped back. It was time to fulfill Aryn's request of making certain the funds were spent taking care of the civilians. When he strode away, his intention was to find the Grandmaster and his Apprentice. Gods above knew that humanitarian efforts were not his forte. It didn't take long to locate the former, whom he greeted with a large wave of his hand.

"Grandmaster Kitra, it's been too long." he began, regarding the woman who was headed for the Medical tents. "I need your assistance. Do you have a moment?"

And whilst he yet walked, he called for his Apprentice. He did not know where she was - but she would certainly have an idea of what to do with the Commander's donation to the cause.

CIS_header.png
There was a moment of pause as Adron looked over the surrounding space. "Another hundred." He said, before rubbing a hand over the back of his neck. "Maybe another two hundred to help keep the people under control and keep things organized."

Alessandra had proved to be entirely too observant of Adron's wound. Almost immediately after she brought up going to the medical tent Adron shook his head. "This bandage will do for now. When things calm down a bit more I'll have the medics take a look at it."

The moment Alessandra brought up the silver Jedi, Adron drew his lips into a thin line. "Silver Jedi." The words held a certain contempt that he did not attempt to hide. "I don't have time for cowards and fools." He muttered, before turning his eyes back to the camp they had just left.

What Alessandra said next caused Adron to arch a brow in response. "It's nowhere near complete."

From his waist he pulled a small datapad. As the droids sorted out the refugees into their new camps their information was recorded and forwarded directly to the Minister of War's datapad. Tapping into the device he held the list out to Alessandra. "Family? I didn't know there were any Creeds on Coruscant." Adron's hand flew into the air, gesturing for his droid Commander to come to him. The soft clinking could be heard as Adron crossed his arms over his chest, already displeased by the droid's presence.

"Do you know who it could be?" His words were turned to Alessandra before he looked to the Droid Commander.

"Commander. Get me a few units together to search the crowds. I need to find someone." He ordered, not wasting a moment before committing some droids to finding whoever it was Alessandra was sensing.

"Yes, Minister." The Droid confirmed before turning back to the units behind him. While the droid made it's way back, Adron's eyes returned to Alessandra. "How do you know someone is here? What type of feeling are you talking about?" His questions came with purpose, as he often wondered in the past what presence Alessandra held in The Force.

[member="Alessandra Creed"]

Kahne had gained much and lost somethings during the battle of Lothal and during the retreat and rescue to his time here. He wouldn't have admitted it so much, but there were somethings that needed to be addressed and they would in do time. The Jedi closed his eyes for a few brief moments to try and collect himself and focus, however in those few moments he heard the voice of an old friend that brought a small smile to the face of the Jedi Master.

Kahne's eyes opened and he he moved forward his eyes carefully looking over anything and everything that he could he was then just a few feel away from Samara to which he nodded and he gave a small wave to her.

"Healing always suited you. It's good to see you Samara."

[member="Samara Raine"]

The Mother of All Psy-Pires
Nine had gone back to her ship, fitted a large crate onto a repulsor cart, and immediately went to following the advice of [member="Samara Raine"]. Ressuplying each area, gliding over the surface. She passed by close to [member="Valae Kitra"], seeing how much brighter the Jedi's presence in the Force was to Nine's own, murky nature. The defeaning quiet of the presence [member="Darth Metus"] was like a spot of fire in a cave with natural lighting. But her boss was busy, and seeing him caused her to remember [member="Scherezade deWinter"]'s bullet to travel in an ear splitting shriek across Nine's mind. And so many broken, wounded minds among the masses. Nine had had to close herself off from feeling it after it got too powerful, in addition to re-living Riggs' death. She got dizzy a bit, almost losing her balance but corrected, dragging the cart to each area specified.

All the while, Nine wondered whether even this token gesture mattered coming from a parasite, who might have eaten a few lunch memories from them just as easily in different circumstances. But she had no other way of soothing her guilt. None. She had no resources to speak of beyond that ship that lawyer she had seduced bought her--

Nine went stiff as she felt something familiar, very familiar, though still far away, enter the system. She knew that collective presence. Part of her wanted to reach out. The rest was not sure if she should.

Regardless, she wasn't being given a choice. She continued nervously distributing the supplies, not sure what would happen once they got here. When she was done with one crate she headed back to her vessel, prepared to head to some other area in the same, systematic method. But they were close now, and they had come in a Saotome Envoy, the same one she had tried to sweet-talk that loaded lawyer into purchasing. He must have purchased it, and not had a chance to inform her before they commandeered it.

The Envoy set down in an empty field not far from her own ship. Nine braced herself. She had altered their stasis settings before fleeing Castle Morpheus. Against her own will. Her Psy-Pire instincts had been too powerful to ignore when it came to her children. She had to protect them in the end. From Sawa, it had turned out.

Nine's blood boiled just recalling the name as she glided across the grass to the shuttle. She didn't take her hood off...all this sunlight left her woozy at points. Heavy clothing helped, but it still got through. Her children were not weakened by it, but they preferred night anyway.

Nine stopped a fair distance from the hatch, watching as the Knights stepped off the vessel, clad in their mostly black and brown armors. The knights were mostly the surviving footsoldiers of House Li-Ves. She'd cult-leadered the absolute hell out of them during her fugue state, (Nine could only vaguely recall the fiery sermons she had used to indoctrinate them but they must have been very effective.) and they had inexorably gone looking for their creator.

They were equipped with straight, single edged vibroswords and pistols. The Vibroswords were smaller than usual ones. It made it easier for them to move through the castle corridors. And for closing in from multiple directions.

One of the knights stepped forward, and for a second, Nine did not know what to do, or what she would say.

The Knight dropped to one knee and so did the others, each as tall, or nearly as tall as she. Part of her heart sang to see them all again. The rest recoiled out how she had ruined their lives.

"Mother." the knight spoke solemnly. "You should not be out in the sun. Its not good for you."

Nine froze, struggling not to flinch at the word 'Mother'. But, unable to resist caring for them, she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Status?"

"We overwhelmed the intruders. We lost none."

"The Castle?"

"Operational. Extensive repairs are being carried out in some sections still however. The ship was basically asleep for a long time. Things were bound to break down."

"Engineering?"

"One thing you can't fault that obnoxious AI for is its priorities. Engineering was maintained. Strenuously."

Nine felt weaker. She thought she could handle relatively minor exposure to sunlight for a little while, but it was getting to her. The reason she had fought so well in daylight on Coruscant was because the debris and fires had clouded the sky. The armor had done the rest. Sunlight did not hurt her, but it did leave her weak. This was why she mostly volunteered for night operations if possible.

"Why did you not wake us up when you escaped?"

We have slept a long time as you no doubt realize. I had to scout ahead. I altered your chamber's programming to wake you after I left. I had full confidence in your ability to deal with the intruders." she answered quickly, thinking the answer up on the spot.

"We are told you serve a Dark Lord. You have always cautioned us against embracing Sith teachings."

"Darth Metus is...a leader of something else..." Nine said, lacking proper words to describe what, exactly, the Confederacy was. Such an alliance of people would never have been allowed to survive by the Jedi and Sith of old, certainly.

There was a lot of terrible, horrible things about this era.

But as she watched from a distance as Jedi and Sith not only interacted without blinking, but actively tried to support each other, Nine wondered whether all those disasters the Galaxy had experienced hadn't produced one good thing after all...

"He is very important. Worth obeying. As soon as repairs are complete on the Castle, I want one of the suites set aside for him. In case he needs to disappear for a while. Same goes for his apprentice."

"It will be done, Mother." the Knight confirmed with a nod.

"I need these supplies distributed." she commanded calmly, inwardly cringing at the title with which he addressed her. The knights headed over to the crates, but when one suggested she go some place dark, she declined. "We have rested enough in the shadows." she replied, trying to sound profound but inwardly having very little idea of what to do, making it up as she went along. The Knights brought their own repulsor carts, having learned about what was going on beforehand. As Nine helped them, she tried to ignore how content she felt, having her children around her.

Even if it seemed like Kayla was not doing much, quite the opposite was true. With pen in one hand and notebook in the other, she was busy keeping track of what had been done and what still required attention as well as general observations she would have to keep an eye on in case of any developments. It kept her mind clear and focussed, a state of mind that was of absolute necessity on days like this. Many years ago the chaos all around would have quickly overwhelmed her and leave her unable to provide the aid the patients needed, but between then and now she had learned how to stay grounded in those moments.

With the s'kytri's attention fixated on her notebook however, she was taken by surprise somewhat when Nysana approached her. There was a quick moment of disorientation as her eyes went from the pages to the outside world, but recovered with a hum before giving the echani a gentle smile in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you, Nysana." She closed the notebook and pocketed it and her pen to ensure it wouldn't distract her. "For now, we have been able to handle all incoming patients. We are running out of space and manpower at a rapid pace, however. If any resources are available at all, they could be put to very good use." A small sigh escaped her lips. "Times are truly dire, but we cannot sit idly by. Know that if you ever require my assistance, I will be there."

At the final request, Kayla nodded to let Nysana know she was happy to lend a hand. "Of course. I will see to it right away." With that, the two parted and the s'kytri went to find the boy. It did not take long for her to find him walking through the camp, already looking for his brother. "Hey," she said as she walked up to him, crouching down to make eye contact, "you were looking for your brother, right? I am here to help you. My name is Kayla." Her everpresent calm and gentle tone was accompanied by a smile, much like the one she had shown to Nysana. "How is your brother called?"

[member="Nysana Talon"]

She wasn't a healer, she was a fighter. Here, among the wounded and the recovering, Cyprine felt out of place. She'd lay on stretchers before, been healed but she'd never quite been among the broken, damaged, hurt after the battle had been over. So many planets and still, she had not gone. These wars made the warrior demand to be released and still, she had remained where she was, craving to strike her weapon, craving victory. She steadied her arm none the less. She had been a warrior for far too long, far from her family, watching from the outside what they had own grown through without her.

It was the most difficult choice to make, choosing blood over combat. Silencing the warrior from without once seemed impossible. Now though, she was wiser, she had learned. Her thirst for battle, it seemed, could only be subdued by the understanding of the importance of family. For a woman raised to be a warrior, this was a lesson that required time and experience. So much time, so much pain.

Cyprine knew what the right course of action was though, moving among the crowds towards [member="Nysana Talon"]. Someone seemed to be talking to her when she approached her. She had waited for a moment before she'd pulled on her sister's arm, wrapping her hands around hers. Something was on her mind, even she could see with no access to Empathy. Prin could think of one option, speculate another but in reality, she knew what had been on her sister's mind for the most part. "Let me help," she finally whispered to her sister. When she hadn't fought, she could help with whatever her sister needed her to help with. Even if it was handing out blankets or providing water for the wounded, she would help.

gold.png

Chestnut eyes focused on the expanse of medical tents in the distance; there was already a flurry of activity there. Turning a glance over her shoulder, she saw that the supplies provided by the Silver Services Corps were now being unloaded. Taking another step, brows rose when her comm crackled to life. There was a faintly familiar voice on the other end, she recognized the name immediately.

“Corporal, glad you could make it.” Valae began to respond, it was nice to have an Antarian Ranger present, especially one with a medical background such as Tyrell. “There’s some supplies coming in, if there’s nothing pressing, you might want to help replenish some of the tents. Samara Raine is already on the scene, you may want to link up with her.”

It was then that motion caught her eye, the wave of a hand.

A smile brightened her face as she saw that it was the Vicelord himself. “Far too long,” She added, moving forward to greet Darth Metus. Needless to say, the two standing together might have looked an odd combination – one with a strong, dark presence and the other with one that was light and warm. No matter the difference between the two leaders, they were quite united by their wish to protect their people – and those of their allies.

“Of course,” She nodded quickly, “I’m here to help, just tell me how.”

[member="Darth Metus"], [member="Samara Raine"], [member="Tyrell Caphey"]

Pretty_General.png

purple1.png

Nysana gave Kayla a warm a smile as she could manage. The sounds of the wounded and displaced ran through her mind and as the starlet sky twinkled above them she could only pray to the Goddess for comfort for those who needed it. "I understand, all too well about our current predicament. I will speak with our leaders and see if there is any where we can go to give home to these refugees." And then Kayla went to tend to the boy and for a moment Nysana wondered what Iuuna would have looked like at his age and if she would have had siblings. Thoughts of past delights dissipated as she knew that she had to press on.

The boy looked up at [member="Kayla Wylen"]. "Natheo, and I am Balthar. I lost him on the ship coming here." He felt calm by her presence but the thought of not having his brother scared him. The two had lost their parents while trying to flee the Sith and if it were not for their connection to the force, Balthar was sure he would have gone crazy. "I know, I know he's here but I can't see him."

By this time, the Talon sister was well into her conversation with the honey-blonde woman. "A pleasure to meet you though I wish it were under better circumstances," she said in a soft tone. Nysana patiently waited as the woman wiped her hands with a towel and then took the offered hand and shook. An apprentice of the Silver Circle, how fortunate they were that in this time of need that the Silver Jedi had arrived to help. "I will be sure to keep that information in mind." Another mental note or two and she focused on Apprentice [member="Samara Raine"]'s words, "we all need to be together in the coming days ahead, and while I cannot speak on behalf of the entire Confederacy, know that you have my gratitude and utmost thanks in responding to our call."

"Indeed Apprentice Raine, we must keep the flames of hope alive and well, the night is darkest before the dawn and I fear that the Alliance's fall was only just the beginning." Nysana knew without turning that [member="Cyprine Talon"] was waiting, "I shall leave you to your station but if you have need of resources for you or your unit, please, do not hesistate. We will do all that we can."

Turning to the camp at large Cyprine wanted to help, "you are welcomed to help."

"Although perhaps the one who needs help the most..." She gestured in [member="Srina Talon"]'s direction. "I have not seen her like this in so long."

Nearby in Leonasa members of the Bard's College followed by the towns people brought what they could. The moon illuminated their path and the soft tones of drums could be heard as voices lifted into the sky. "What in the Goddess-" Nysana began but when the words and the instruments followed the drums she knew its purpose. So she fell slient and waited as the bards came into the camp with their song, voices lifting together in unison. Lyrics and instruments stirred the weakened spirits, giving hope to those who needed it most. "I see," she said in her softest tone that had been reserved for her daughter. Absentmindedly her hand went to Cyprine's, the Galaxy had become a darker place seemingly overnight and she watched as the towns people brought what they had. "Come let us see to Srina."

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJ4iuQY7Yw[/media]

greenstars.png

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Alessandra Creed"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Nora Lithos"] | [member="Aryn Teth"]

When it raines, it pours.
Silver Mobile Surgical Unit #2
Camp Rogativa, Leonasa, Monastery
sjheaderpurple.png
"Yes, indeed... and thank you," Sam nodded with appreciation as [member="Nysana Talon"] finished her inquiry about the Silver Circle's SMSU, then the Echani moved on with further business to attend to.

This is when a presence the padawan had not felt in a long time shown itself in the Force. The honey blonde's golden head turned to see a patient that looked like [member="Kahne Porte"], though the Jedi Master was not in his usual attire rather in civilian clothes, and appeared worse for wear. The apprentice healer smiled and waved back at her former mentor, then walked over to greet him bringing a medkit with her.

"Healing always suited you. It's good to see you Samara."

"Master Porte... I am so sorry. I did not realize you were here until just now. It is very good to see you, but you're hurt. How may I help you?" she asked knowing the Master Jedi had probably already started the healing process on his own though his normally strong Force Signature seemed weakened; most likely from drawing upon the Force in extreme measures as of recent.

"Were you at Coruscant? We have received and treated many from that conflict. The Confederacy helped to bring many Alliance refugees and wounded to Monastery."

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]

"Well, Balthar, shall we go look for him together?" With the name provided to Kayla it would be much easier to find the boy's brother, even if the camp was almost filled to the brim with medical personnel, wounded, and their loved ones. She silently hoped Natheo wasn't in any critical state, knowing how much seeing something as a child could affect you. Still, a promise had been made to find him and it would be kept. The woman then offered her hand to hold before standing up straight again and looking around for a moment to see where she could find the general patient files. Having her height on her side, she had little issue navigating the mass of people but made sure to keep a pace that was easy for Balthar to keep up with.

After approaching the woman in charge of keeping the files in order, Kayla greeted her with a nod but quickly got to her request to not waste her time. It was already scarce enough as it was. "I am looking for a patient within this camp, a boy named Natheo. His brother wishes to see him," the s'kytri explained as she looked downwards at Balthar for a moment. "Of course, one moment..." the answer sounded as she began going through various patient files before halting her browsing. "There is one Natheo here, number sixteen in row eight." Being assigned to cold, hard numbers was never a comforting thing, but it was a simple necessity in order to keep things moving as smoothly as possible. "Thank you," she said before gently squeezing the boy's hand to signal they were heading off again. With how busy everyone was, there was little time for anything more than a short show of appreciation for the effort.

With Natheo's location known, Kayla knew exactly where to go and began with guiding Balthar to him. From the outskirts of the camp row eight was found and from there they began moving past fifteen other beds until they reached the number she had been told he would be found. "Is that him, Balthar?" Natheo seemed to be sleeping, but at first glance it seemed as if things could have been much worse. To find what that entailed one did not have to look far.

[member="Nysana Talon"]

"Kahne will suffice, Samara." He said with a small smile, it was good to see his former student doing so well, among all the tragedy and turmoil that had taken toll the last few weeks. Seeing his old padawan did bring a smile to his face, and improve his spirits.

The Jedi shook his head when she mentioned Coruscant, which was were the most tragedy seemed to be befall, he knew many lives were lost as well as Alliance members, and the betrayal of one of their own was just the tipping of the iceberg that made Coruscant all that much more rough.

"I was at Lothal, we were....several outnumbered only a few of us made it out. My wounds are healing slowly, I'm just drained slightly from Lothal, it took quite a lot out of me, especially the week that followed helping free Romi Jade and Coren Starchaser." Kahne cleared his throat and looked around for a moment before facing her again.

"We are in the Confederacy's debt, they have shown us great kindness and good nature in our hour of need."

[member="Samara Raine"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom