Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Place of Healing [GA + CIS, OSL]

When it raines, it pours.
Silver Mobile Surgical Unit #2
Camp Rogativa, Leonasa, Monastery
w/[member="Kahne Porte"]
sjheaderpurple.png

"As you wish, Ma... I mean Kahne," the honey blonde smiled with a hint of a humble blush for the unconscious mistake. It was just normal for her to be so formal, though she had been his padawan learner for a while so suppose they were on a more familiar name basis.

It was good to be around him again. The Jedi Master's calming, hopeful nature always made Samara not feel so unsure of herself or abilities.

"Oh my... I did hear that some Jedi were taken as prisoners of war on Coruscant, but I was not aware who," Sam nodded solemnly, then reached into her medkit for some bacta ointment to treat the Master Jedi's minor facial cuts and abrasions. "I am sure they are thankful for such good friends as to see them not languish any more than they had to at the hands of the Sith."

Sea green orbs settled upon the weary man, then dabbed the medicine upon his visible wounds. The ones inside would have to be helped along with the Force. "Yes, the Confederacy has been nothing but helpful with open arms," the apprentice healer agreed, then put away the ointment in the bad at her hip.

Taking the Naboo's rough hands into her soft ones, Samara noticed a ring on the left one... a wedding band perhaps? Did he and the brunette pilot finally marry? The wishful thought made the padawan giddy for a moment. Something to ask Kahne about at a more appropriate time, but for now there was still work to do.

"Let me lend you my strength of heart so you may heal quicker. Hope must be keep alive and you have always been a beacon of it. Something I have always tried to emulate since my path has differed from yours, Master."

Yep, Samara called him that any ways because Kahne had helped her to find herself after Master Taunte's death had left the young Liann lost and feeling alone.

The Mother of All Psy-Pires
Nine, having not ceased her own efforts since her children had landed, continued her own part in distribution of much needed supplies. Making stops at every point that looked in desperate need of it, even as she felt herself grow weak and nauseated under the sunlight...or was that just from being around so many actual light adepts? Nine didn't consider the presence of Jedi as reason to be sick. Maybe that was the disease talking. Maybe it was just the instinctive fear of being killed by them should they discover what she was.

Her guilt did not abate as she stumbled a bit under the sunlight. She had distributed enough medicine and food to help at least two hundred people, especially with the help of the Morpheus Knights, but the good deed tasted like ash in her mouth. Because no matter how much good she did, she'd piss it all away the next time she needed to eat. All this weakness made her hungry as it was.

"Mother!" one of Fugue-Nine's old favorites Bobbi caught up to her. Having just finished with the last crate for the last medical tent that she could reach, Nine allowed herself to collapse onto a nearby folding chair one of the doctors had set up.

"Bobbi...its been so long, my child, how are you?" she asked with all sincerity.

"We have finished distributing the supplies you brought," The Knight spoke eagerly through the modulator in his helmet. He leaned closer...

"Some of the boys also found your 'snack'. You need a freshie? We can get it."

"That won't be necessary, my child. I'm still...nibbling away at it."

"Ah! Good! We'll still help you with the cleanup."

"I can wash my own dishes, Bobbi...but thanks." Nine answered weakly. "Radio the SAS, tell it to bring the ship closer."

"It will be done, Mother." Bobbi said with a bow.

"Oh, and do the printers still work?"

"The printers were the first thing we repaired. Or replaced where repairing wasn't possible."

Nine winced at the sunlight. "Good...it gives me an idea..."

Nine stared at the fields of injured and traumatized. "Tell me, my child...what do you see?"

Bobbi looked a moment. "A miasma of suffering." he answered quietly. "What happened to them all?"

"Many things are different in this era my child. We cannot fix this, but we can alleviate the disaster...help me up."

Bobbi helped the weakened woman to her feet, keeping an arm over her shoulder. "You have been in the sun too long, Mother. You really should seek darkness."

"I will, Bobbi, I just...need to see if my idea will work..." Nine replied in a weak manner, as she made her way over to where [member="Samara Raine"] was talking things over with another Jedi. She forced some dignity, stood up straight and glided over to them.

"My apologies for the interruption, but I have for the moment exhausted what I brought here. But I do have one more idea. I have access to 3D printers. I notice a lot are missing limbs. If you have the patience, I might be able to churn out a limited supply of very basic prosthetics. About a hundred every few days. Would this be acceptable?" she asked, trying to stand straight, but the sunlight made her gait sway a little.

[member="Kahne Porte"].

It had been quite some time since he had seen Samara, Her path had been different from him and he completely respected that. All Jedi were different in their own way, and that was a good thing. "If I haven't told you before, I'm telling you now. I'm proud of you Samara." Kahne said with a small smile as she treated the wounds that were on his face. Apart from Teynara being close to Kahne Samara was one too, she was strong and he could sense that her abilities in this field were going to be something of amazing. They were the only two padawans that he had, he wasn't one for training others except when absolutely necessary. But now that things had gone the way the had, he had felt it was time for him to begin training again.

The Jedi bowed his head respectfully as he placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. "It would be an honor, Samara. Hope is indeed essential for all of us." The Jedi heard someone speak and he looked over to someone had started to talk and had brought up a recommendation. While Kahne wasn't in charge here by any means, but from what he had heard from her he couldn't help but throw some of his own words in. "I believe, that would be a good idea. But, you should talk with [member="Samara Raine"] ,she knows more here than I do."

[member="Nine Lives"]

Silver Mobile Surgical Unit #2 Camp
Rogativa, Leonasa, Monastery
sjheaderpurple.png
[member="Kahne Porte"]'s reassurance and praise made the young Liann smile humbly. "Thank you, Master... I appreciate your sentiment. I am most grateful for your guidance of the past, and hope to still learn from your example in the future."

Just as before, [member="Nine Lives"] appeared seemingly out of nowhere. There was something strange about this aloof sentient, but Samara just couldn't quite put her finger on it. The being seemed weak and frail under the cloaked appearance yet had a great determination.

"I am sure anything of that nature would be well received by the healers of the Order of the Sacred Lotus. I have a feeling unfortunately that this scene will not be the only one that we will come across in the coming weeks and months ahead of us. I would have you confer with the Head Healer here on Monastery as I am only an apprentice healer of the Silver Circle," Sam nodded gratefully at the offer to serve and help those in need.

''Roger! I'm glad to help!'' he replied to grandmaster Kitra before heading off to the SMSU unit he saw across the area of medical tents, that would be the center of all operations if the town didn't have a stationary hospital of it's own. It was also close and somewhere you would probably find more medical supplies.

He kept calm and focused while passing by the tents where the wounded and chocked was being treated in what way the medical droids and personel was able to. Tyrell was not the one to loose his grip when facing daunting tasks and usually made good assessments of critical situations. Though working with Sam, who he had learn to know back on Kashyyyk, was another kind of task.

Upon entering the SMSU, getting his bearings, he soon heard the familiar voice of the Liann born jedi healer. He stopped just a second outside the room and overheard her last sentence before walking in. ''Only'' an apprentice healer?

''A pretty good one, though don't you think?'' he exclaimed with a slight smile. In all this painful situation, the workers had to uphold some kind of positive mood. It made them more resistant and made them do a better work.

''Glad to see you again, doctor. I got your transmission and grandmaster Kitra sent me over, seems we're working late shift together.'' he said and walked up beside Sam.

He glanced over to her patient? and gave him a polite nod and offered him a handshake as he seemed to be in decent condition.

''Tyrell. Medic with the Antarian Rangers. You managed to get out in decent shape, I see?''

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

It was good that there were so many individuals offering their services and their help to the Alliance after their retreat. As he told [member="Samara Raine"] before they would all be in their debt for the kindness they showed.

"Are you alright?" The Jedi inquired to [member="Nine Lives"] as she looked to be in rough shape.

An individual showed up and began speaking with Samara, from what he gathered he looked to be another healer and the Jedi Master extended his hand as [member="Tyrell Caphey"] did and shook his returning his nod of respect to him. "Kahne Porte, Jedi, it's good to meet you. And yes, things could've been much worse."

sjheaderpurple.png
And just like that with the arrival of a certain Antarian Ranger, Samara became flustered and the apprentice healer's cheeks took on a pinkish tinge at his complimentary words. Sea greens peered downward at the floor for an awkward moment, then the young Liann's gaze rose back up after taking a calming breath to center herself in the Force.

"Master... I would like to introduce to you Corporal [member="Tyrell Caphey"]. He is a medic with the Rangers that serve along side the Silver Jedi," Sam offered in a more formal nature she was prone to when in mixed company using her hand in a polite gesture, then continued.

"And yes this is Jedi Master [member="Kahne Porte"]. I was his padawan learner for a while before choosing the path of a Jedi Healer. Master Porte has come to us from the Battle of Lothal where the First Order attacked. The majority here though have fled from the insurgency of the Sith Empire at Coruscant."

It was unconscionable what had happened to the Galactic Alliance and their fellow brethren of the New Jedi Order, but she put nothing past the lust for power and greed of the dark side to do such a thing not with a care for the collateral damage they caused to innocents.

The seemingly ill appearance of [member="Nine Lives"] was concerning, but Samara would not intervene unless they wished her to as it may be a chronic condition the sentient was dealing with on their own terms.

The Mother of All Psy-Pires
Nine looked over at [member="Kahne Porte"] and shook her head.

"I'll...I'll be fine...just...I just need to rest..." Nine answered, before turning to [member="Samara Raine"].

"I'll contact you in a few days. Should have 'something' by then." Nine bowed and headed back to her Light Frieghter. Two of her knights were standing guard, saluting her as she passed. She gave them a two-finger salute and an "air guitar" gesture (which was returned) as she headed up the ramp.

As she walked up, she spotted two of the Knight standing over that One Sith Soldier she had captured. He had proper magnetic restraints on and more secure duct-tape. They stood at attention and saluted. She saluted, gave the air-guitar gesture, waited for them to give theirs, and then got to her questioning.

"Who are you two again? I don't recognize you under that armor."

"Malachi, Mother!" answered one.

"Varney, Mom!" answered the other.

"Oh, I remember you two!" Nine exclaimed in her deep voice and twitchy movements. "You're the ones who kept gobbling all the powdered donuts in the mess area back at the Castle."

"Guilty!" they both exclaimed.

She looked at her snack. "You two hungry or something?"

"No. We were just putting him in better restraints."

"Oh. Well, if you are hungry, don't eat anything military related. Eat around those. Can you two fly this contraption? I wanna go ride in style on that Envoy you brought."

"Yes, Mother! But...we aren't the best pilots..."

"It'll be a short trip. Castle's coming in system..." Nine answered almost wistfully. "Anyway, back to your duties, be excellent to each other..." she finished, giving an air guitar gesture before departing for the Envoy vessel where the rest of her children waited...

(Exit post)

''It's always good to meet Sam's friends. I'm glad you made it back.'' he said while shaking the master jedis hand.

Sam's sudden change in of mood was noticeable but seemed quickly over when she begun introducing them to eachother. After his little compliment he kept a calm and straight face. After all, they had challenging tasks ahead that laid ahead. It was nice to see the honey-blonde again, though.

He gave a quiet but respectful nod towards the woman that was announcing her leave to rest, trusting Sam had talked to her before he came into the room, making sure she was alright.

''How's the outcome of that battle? More survivors?'' he asked and looked back at master Porte. Not being upt to date with the battle as his company of Rangers had not been deployed to it, otherwise he would have been there by the sides of sergeant Osmari and colonel Calderon.

[member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Samara Raine"]

"Thanks my friend." Kahne said with a small smile, appreciating his comment as he glanced around again as Nine left their company and went off to do her own thing. He glanced to Samara and then back to Tyrell

"The assault on the temple was rough, we evacuated as many civilians out of the cities and the Temple save for those Jedi and Alliance soldiers that remained behind to fight against the First Order. I was at the entrance of the temple with several other Jedi as we faced against them. Many Jedi and Alliance soldiers were killed. Many of us were forced to flee as we got outnumbered rather quickly. I haven't seen any more survivors from Lothal arrive recently, just those that have arrived with me and those that arrived before me."

Kahne took a deep breath as he shook his head slightly. "We were dealt a terrible blow, the time will come to strike back against them, in time."

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] [member="Samara Raine"]

sjheaderpurple.png
The young Liann nodded to what [member="Tyrell Caphey"] said offering a small smile, then listened thoughtfully to what [member="Kahne Porte"] told them about this experience on Lothal.

Samara couldn't imagine what it must have been like... Well the apprentice healer could, but to be honest was truly glad she wasn't there to witness it. This was bad enough caring for the wounded and refugees who had lost everything. Was it cowardly of her to think that or more so not the Jedi way? Sometimes Sam wondered if she was meant to become a Jedi Knight. Then again, self-doubt was always a whisper away for the padawan.

"We must be very grateful nonetheless even in defeat that so many yet were saved. We cannot give into the darkness that threatens the good in this galaxy. This is why we must remain ever beacons of light and hope for the masses," the blonde spoke sagely or at least she though it sounded that way coming from her lips.

With a serious face he listened carefully what the jedi master told them about his experiences at the war torn planet. Both Kahne's faith in a future counter-offensive and Sam's sagely ''speach'' was slightly impressive to hear, even though worlds was burning the jedi seemed to trust in hope while many commanders and soldiers in the same position would break. Being under the command of colonel Calderon, however, such break-down didn't exist on the Antarian Ranger map. He was a unique source of inspiration for the individual ranger. He didn't throw around fancy words, but instead stuck to truth and reality, it made him a leader to trust and unite under.

''I wish we could've aided you guys more. Unfortunately, there seem to be hot zones scattered all over the galaxy these days...'' he said and glanced at them both. After a short pause his glance ventured over to Sam, correcting his helmet.

''What is to be done here then, Sam? I heard master Kitra mention something about supplies that needed to be distributed?'' he asked to try to get to the matter at hand. She still seemed umcomfortable, or at least that was what he thought, so getting to work would hopefully help. And after all, he didn't know she would be here.

He looked back at [member="Kahne Porte"]. ''You staying, buddy? Seems we could use all the well hands we could get.'' he said and nodded his head to the side a little.

[member="Samara Raine"]

"Well said Samara." Kahne whispered with a small smile as he winked at her. She had grown truly since the last time he saw her, and he was please with her role in this galaxy.

The JedI master glanced to [member="Tyrell Caphey"] and just nodded with a small chuckle. "Oh yes, I believe I've rested long enough." While the battle on Lothal had taken it's toll on the Jedi Master Kahne was rested enough to help those that were in a more worse situation that what he was in. At the most speak with those that had lost something or someone dear to them and give them some words of comfort, and tell them that hope it ever present here.

[member="Samara Raine"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom