Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A News Faction?

So I tried this before in this thread here but there wasn't much interest back then. But I've spotted one more reporter on the board so I thought I'd ask again and see again if there would be enough interest for a small news agency faction? We could basically be a company that isn't truly affiliated anywhere but we have reporters out gathering scoops and managing stuff.

We could write articles and also do IC threads. I think it would be great because a LOT of people are interested in having their characters investigated but if I throw it up with just Holly I'll get blown away trying to do it all alone

This is a cool idea, though not something I would personally be interested in at the moment.

I remember one of the old WEG Star Wars RPG books (Cracken's Rebel Field Guide IIRC) where there was a rebel agent who sent secret messages in a "Dear Abby" type of column.

A civilian reporter is also good cover for a spy or info broker.

Writing as a propgagandist would be kind of cool. Was also into wild west themes and a traveling writer is another personality that flickered my idea bulb.

Good luck with the new faction!

Everybody knows that reporters are the most hated beings in the galaxy. Viewed far and wide as carrion feeders sticking their necks out where they don't belong... a group like this no doubt has a massive bullseye on their back.

Sounds like you need protection. The kind of protection only a Sith trained by the infamous Darth Dy Soont can provide.

Of course, if you're looking for info on subjects involving business ethics, understanding Jawas, or insight into how Sith are forged, I can help you there as well.

Either way, all payments are final. No refunds, and a severance fee is required should you decide to cancel. No fee is required should I decide to cancel, but you may be required to deal with whatever caused me to cancel.

Pave the way but start small. Actions attract people to help, way more than dialogue.

Conducting IC interviews is not as explored a concept as some would have you think and is imo pretty untapped even today. Don’t do a newsletter, way too much work at first. Just get on the ground and talk to people then publish those interviews in a format you like.

Follow each interview with “recruiting more journalists!” And maybe a link to a faction or discord. If you get recruits, don’t be so hasty to just accept anyone and everyone. Accept people who motivate you as much as you motivate them.

People love to hear themselves talk, or to see different perspectives of their actions, no matter how accurate. Just full send it. The immense amount of propaganda the IC environment endures tells me there’s 110% a place for this idea.

People love to hear themselves talk. ;)

From the looks of it this idea is weirdly positioned as popular, but not in a want to be a member way. It seems like it would draw more people interacting with the faction, rather than being a part of it.

That still might be enough interest to sustain it for a bit though …

We could expand the idea into more of a media company. That way it could include other characters than just journalist.

Theezo Pierbinn

T
Wip-ping this character up still but smuggler completely legal freelance cargo hauler. Ever need to get somewhere less than legal let me know.

Could be Holly has Theezo as an "in-the-know" kind of contact. Or just as someone she knows who willingly runs blockades for a few extra credits.

From the looks of it this idea is weirdly positioned as popular, but not in a want to be a member way. It seems like it would draw more people interacting with the faction, rather than being a part of it.

That still might be enough interest to sustain it for a bit though …

We could expand the idea into more of a media company. That way it could include other characters than just journalist.

We have discussed this before but I would be more than happy to both write a reporter and have a corporate character invest :)

Ravenous

R
Alright, the evil plan has finished manifesting. I would also like to be a financial backer in this! I figured Ravenous and his cohorts could possibly be this shady, looming doom that kind of pops it's head into the faction's business whenever it starts trying to investigate something Ravenous doesn't fancy.

Like for instance maybe you start investigating a murder that Ravenous committed so he shows up and is super passive-aggressive and if that doesn't work he probably starts sabotaging the investigation on purpose and covering up all the leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom