Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Minecraft Adventure: SJO Dominion of Lannik

• Objective: 4 - Question if I just went into cardiac arrest mostly
  • Allies: [member="Jerek Morrows"]
  • Enemies: Sleep
  • Attire: Robes
  • Equipment: Tricksaber, Family Blaster

Of course there was a problem with this. The slowing of Darlyn's vital functions was making it difficult for him to stay conscious, but conscious he was managing to remain to some extent. At least enough to realize what was happening to his heart rate. Slowing, slowing, he couldn't feel it anymore when he tried to press his hands to his neck. Of course it was just a side effect of what was going on, but it did cause him to panic. Of course a Jedi would try to kill him, why wouldn't they. 'Dark Jedi murders marauders, Jedi save the day'. Would certainly fix their image up a bit. Of course it could also just be he went into cardiac arrest for no reason at all, though he suspected otherwise.

His brain struggled to come up with a solution, some way to keep from dying. He wasn't aware of this ability's existence, he had never the time to study as he'd been working so much. He had no perception that this wasn't Jerek simply trying to put him to sleep, but genuinely believing that he was dying at that moment in time. Breathing was almost stopped now, and his limbs felt cold and numb to all else. What a way to die, so pathetic. How was he going to be able to pretend he was happy with how he made up for failing the young ones if he died like this?

Well, not without a fight. Natural or not he knew maybe one way to get himself stabilized. His arms were cold and numb, but they weren't non-existent. He could weakly move them, as he crumpled down to the floor. Left hand, lower left of his chest. Right hand, upper right, He'd barely managed to get his fingers to touch skin as he felt thought fading fast. God what was the right... current? Voltage? He.. could only really guesstimate. He was within an acceptable limit but he couldn't be accurate by any means. Not in his panic. He didn't bother with the count, and made his attempt to stave off what he believed to be impending death.

He pushed lightning into his own body, to attempt to act as his own defibrillator. It couldn't be said he wasn't creative, nor that he did anything by half measure.

Objective: 3 – Free slaves, arrest Ahtuu Jung
Tags: [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Klesta"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Liuna Ondizi"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

The armor-clad man had ignored Cassius’s request for a pause in his advance, instead opting to close the door back on him using the Force. Not knowing who this man was or what he wanted, the young Jedi Knight stabbed his lightsaber through the metal door and slowly began to move it in an oblong circle – a hole big enough for him to climb through.

He hadn’t gotten that far when the door fell away again, released by the man in the armor. Lightsaber at the ready, Cassius stepped through, his weapon still thrumming in his hands. A guard started to train his weapon at the Jedi Knight, but did not fire just yet. Regardless, Cassius’s focus was on Ahtuu and this mysterious armored man that seemed to be a third party. He certainly wasn’t with the Jedi, and if he was here to extract Ahtuu, he wouldn’t have taken out the guards in the hallway behind him.

“Ahtuu Jung,” Cassius said, pointing his saber at the Weequay. He was still roughly ten yards from the two of them. “You are under arrest for slavery. If you come quietly, there won’t be any trouble.”

The rest of the Jedi were probably packing the freed slaves into the transports and taking off. Those of Ahtuu’s men that hadn’t surrendered or ran away were unconscious or dead. As far as Cassius was concerned, his main mission was complete. Ahtuu had something he needed, though – information. Whether it was through an interrogation or taking it from his corpse through a mixture of psychometry and data disk recovery was becoming more uncertain.

Objective: 1

Tagging: [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Jerek Morrows"] | [member="Celendis Astraia"]

xwaVi2.png
Well...that really answered that question then didn't it? The other woman's trick, vanishing to close with the remaining marauders, the now familiar sight of ice surrounding their limbs, holding them in place as their eyes took on an almost wild, feral look as they struggled against the bonds holding them. Only, they were simply outclassed, the sheer power of the ice, reinforced by Celendis' will proved to be too much for their struggles. Asaraa's footsteps barely made a sound as she crossed the floor to join the dark-haired woman, one hand reaching out to rest against the ice. It didn't take her much, a small moment to stretch out with the force, to calm the panic and fear in the marauders eyes before turning to the woman. "You know...I think I'm gonna take you up on that, being able to pull this off...well I can't think of a battle way to handle a crowd of enemies like this." If she had been by herself the girl would have had to get closer to the marauders, putting herself in a situation where she might have to injure them, or risk an injury herself in order to subdue the crew.

"I guess, if this is what's left we can probably call the rangers to pickup the marauders, by the time they get here I think most of the marauders will have surrendered, or well," she gestured towards the frozen men. "Hopefully, with their leaders and whoever was backing them gone the rest of the men will be smarter than to throw themselves at the Jedi." It was only the fact that they were facing Jedi who had the ability to subdue without killing, but against any other force, against the local forces, it would have been a sea of body bags, not a field of statues to deal with.

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
Objective IV

Tag: [member="Darlyn Excron"]

His mind had gone silent to everything else, and in the moment where his target was at his most terrified, Jerek was most serene. That was the nature of balance. When one side pulled, so did the other, or the weights would tip. Only as his awareness blanketed the Dark Jedi, he became aware of the man's reaction. He deactivated his lightsaber in the midst of the fight to bolt forward, dropping to his knees at the man's side. "No," he whispered, one hand held slightly above Darlyn's chest curled into a gentle ball. "No, no, just rest."

He sent the overwhelming urge to fall into deep slumber through the man's body. The sooner he succumbed to the sagging weight of his eyelids, the less danger he would be in. Still, there was the matter of the electricity to deal with- and Jerek did not have to think twice. His free hand moved to touch the Dark Jedi, creating a new direction for the current to flow. He took a deep breath as the voltage jumped from the other man's chest, where it would have been almost certainly lethal, into his own arm.

Jerek's eyes rolled backward and he grit his teeth as the pain wracked his body, but he kept his focus. There was a life at risk. There was more at stake here than comfort. He could feel the heat tracking along his muscles and through his bloodstream.

"Help!" he cried out, "I need assistance!"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Celendis Astraia"]

Liuna

L
Objective: 3 – Free slaves
Tags: [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Klesta"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

“Site secure,” Liuna said into her comm, alerting the other half of her team.

“Confirmed.” Came a voice on the other end.

With some of her fellows remaining behind to guard the transports, Liuna and two members of the rescue team set out. Thus far, there had been no signs of the other members of the Order present or slaves. But, the quiet did not last for long.

A twig snapping alerted Liuna to the arrival of a group of people – dirty clothing, battered bodies, and frightened faces. They quickly cowered at the site of Liuna as she stepped forward. Blinking, she held the palms of her hands out to show that she would not harm them. Skittish, a few of the slaves stood again and edged towards her.

“It's okay,” She said, urging them with a warm smile. “Come with us, this way --”

The first wave had been small, but the ones that followed were larger – enough to fill their first transport. Liuna watched as the ship lifted off the ground, soon to leave Lannik behind. Their new charges would be taken to a safe place, and eventually to a world where they could re-settle and begin to get acquainted with freedom.

With that, she turned her attention to directing the foot-traffic towards the other ships.

Objective 3 + 4: Convince Jedi to Not take him.
Nearby: [member="Liuna Ondizi"], [member="Klesta"], [member="Kat Decoria"], [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Tom Taff"], [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"], [member="Cassius Droma"],

Jedi on my heels. As always. Looking over to the man as he entered. Brandishing a Saber. Pointing it directly at the man with the guards unsure who to point guns at. Jung looked between the two of us as he saw that the Jedi were not taking No for an answer. Noticing this, I decided to use a form that I have rarely used.

Reaching up slowly with my hands open, I pulled on a couple clasps around my neck, and pulled on my helmet. The dome revealing my hair, however unkept and disheveled it may be, as well as the beard I had been growing for about a month and a half now. Placing the helmet under my arm, I shook my head.

"I fear that he will not be leaving with you Jedi. I come with a proposition."

Taking the helmet to sit it down on a table near me, I kept my hands out in the open. Willing to show that I was wanting a real talk. No games, no fake outs. Talk.

"My mission is to retrieve this man and use him as an asset of the group I work for. However, as you and your Silver Jedi seem so hellbent on getting him, I will propose a deal. Let him leave with me, with you overseeing that Jung here, pays his workers, Provide all benefits of your government's citizens, and should he break any rule or supersede his probationary period, then he is all yours."

Before the Jedi could speak or respond to this, I gently pat my own saber.

"If you don't want the deal, or at least continue to have a conversation of this, then my own saber is not the worst of what could happen. I would rather not start another war. Even if you are my people."

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective 3: Free slaves
Allies: [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Liuna Ondizi"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]
Enemies: Slavers

Now that the poodoo-load of slaves has arrived at the top of the mine shaft, and that the slavers were under arrest, the slaves could breathe free. Well, as freely as was possible when there was spice dust in the air due to the mining operation that took place there. And Klesta, too. There were still quite a bit of slaves that made it out of the tunnel that was about to collapse, even though there were so many slaves that not all of them could, in fact, make it safely out of the mine shaft. Of course, the Jedi being the Jedi he would expect someone to secure a path to what some of them called the extraction transport. However, since he couldn't sense the ambient emotions, Klesta couldn't tell whether the people working above were grateful for the ergonomic assessment of the mine, unlike Tiffany. One thing is for sure: the slaves will never look at ergonomic assessments the same ever again, now that they owe their lives to one. And maybe one or two of them would want to become an ergonomic assessor, presumably so that work hazards such as cave-ins don't happen again.

Objective: Blow it up
Tags: [member="Klesta"],[member="Kat Decoria"],[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Tom Taff"],[member="Gherron Dragonsflame"],[member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Dahlia did not place confidence in people.

People were sloppy, they made mistakes. It was simple, really. The lady crime boss sat before a vanity, primping her brunette locks. All the while, she hummed, as if listening to music while she perfected her appearance. But, in reality, she was monitoring communications – voices that belonged to members of the Silver Jedi, so she guessed.

Ahtuu Jung had been compromised.

That much was apparent. The slaver had been equipped with a one-way listening device that fed right to Dahlia. She may not have trusted the slaver, but he did his work. And, now his job was done. Of course, she expected some losses when it came to slaves, that's just the way the business operated. Some died, some managed to flee, and some were rescued – the latter becoming more common with do-gooders like the Jedi moving into her space.

The listening device wasn't her only measure. Delicate fingers lifted a detonator, and her thumb pressed the button. In the quiet of her flat, there was only her humming – but in the depths of the mine an explosion would break through the conversation.

Ahtuu Jung crumbled to the ground, lifeless – a small subdermal explosive device had been implanted (just behind the ear) at the start of his employment by the mysterious crime lord. And, that wasn't all.

Another press of a detonator, the walls of the mine shaft would begin to quake violently. If the operation was ruined, Dahlia herself would bring it down. And hopefully, all those that remained within the mine shaft, too.

Objective: 3 – Free slaves
Tags: [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Klesta"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Liuna Ondizi"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Cassius didn’t change his position, even as the armored man removed his helmet and sat down. His blade was still pointed at Jung, but his eyes moved to the other man as he began to speak. Cassius shifted his stance ever so slightly so that he wasn’t closed off to this third party. At the moment, he was the biggest threat in the room. The guards were nothing – Cassius would be able to deflect anything they threw at him.

He squinted as the man laid out his ‘proposition’. Cassius might not have been a businessman, but he knew a bad deal when he saw one. He had no idea who this man was, who he worked for, or what his true intentions were. Also, he seemed to have a few misconceptions about the situation – Jung had slaves, not workers, and the Silver Jedi were not a government.

Then came the thinly veiled threat… another war? His people? What was this man even talking about?

Before Cassius had a chance to even vocalize any of this, Ahtuu Jung’s head popped like a balloon, blood and brain matter spraying the cave wall behind him. As his lifeless body slumped onto the desk, the cave around them began to rumble, and the lights strung across the walls flickered.

“I guess neither of us get what we want,” Cassius said. Spotting a blood-stained datapad on the desk, he used the Force to grab it and put it on his belt. The guards, unsure of what to do and thinking the two men as distracted, opened fire. Cassius defended himself, reflecting back the blaster bolts fired at him, but he didn’t waste time sticking around. He bolted for the door, picking up speed with the Force as the cave began to crumble.

He jumped out of the cave entrance with a plume of dust following up, hitting the ground and rolling. Blast… that hadn’t gone well. At least it seemed the slaves had escaped for the most part. Looking up, he could see the blue flames of the engines fading away into the night.

Objective 3 + 4: Maybe make contact.
Nearby: [member="Liuna Ondizi"], [member="Klesta"], [member="Kat Decoria"], [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Tom Taff"], [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"], [member="Cassius Droma"],

Why did this have to be so difficult. The emotions from the guards were of confusion and fear. I could almost smell it. Lung or whatever his name was was also filled with it. However, as the second went by, the feeling of accomplishment? Smug? Victory? Excitement? slowly began to spread through the individual. The Jedi listened. Even so, after speaking, I watched as the mouth of the man holding a saber to me was a mere moment from speaking, yet a wining in my ear seemed to explode before a literal bang came from to my side and behind me. The Slaver's head was now gone, and replaced with a stump while his blood and internal structure was destroyed and spew across the room.

The guards took a moment before attacking the Jedi. The green saber deflected bolts at him. One hitting home while I reached over and with a flick of my wrist, sent the other guard's neck into a twist. Killing the man without an extra thought. The cave system was breaking apart. Falling apart into shambles. Shaking my head as the Jedi bolted out, and would obviously be making his way out.

It wasn't difficult to follow his trail. Not that he stunk, but I could smell his emotions. Hasty, yet slowly dissolving into relief. Likely due to them taking all of the slaves. I could see the Mark of the Silver Jedi. It was in the lad. However, I wondered how much it was in him.

He left me behind a wall of dust and debris that had collapsed. I would have to find another way out. Oh well. I mean, I was tempted to just take a ride with the young man. My pilot could just barely reach me.

"Single Je... Do you...get him?"
"Contact him if you can. Reach him and offer him a ride home. Then come get my ass."
"Repeat?"
"Give him a ride. Get my ass out of here!"
"Roger."

Huffing as I placed my helmet on my head once more, I wiped some of the blood from my shoulder as I waited.

-------------------------------------

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Blue.png
Objective: 3 – Free slaves​
Tags: [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | @Klesta |​
[member="Liuna Ondizi"] | [member="Zephyr Carrick"] | [member="Cassius Droma"]​
Tom had freed more of the slave groups deep within when he heard an earth shattering kaboom. The walls began to rock as he heard the mines entrance collapsing. There would be no way out for himself and many of the slaves hidden deeper in. The jedi had managed to save many but the few who were still working in the mines when the explosion had gone off after tom had freed them where trapped along with him and anyone else not fast enough to escape.

Tom looked around at the walls for a moment trying to remember the lay out of the mine. He had an exit strategy planned should things go fubar like they have but he needed to remember where he had decided was best for this idea. He finally found the spot he was looking for. A weak point in the mine he had discovered after looking over a map of the mine and his weak shatter point senses confirmed what he had thought as well. It would be weak enough for his plans.

As he lifted his hand and began focusing on the earth shifting out of his way. He kept his eyes closed focused on it slowly it began shifting making a dent in the stonework. As it did he began walking forward making more of the earth move with every step. Eventually about an hour later an exit had been made out of the mine and exhausted as he flopped to the ground as many slaves escaped having watched him perform the feat along with however else had been stuck. Eventually he would regain enough strength to call in the position and get picked up to be given some more rest.

Blue.png

C e l e n d i s _ A s t r a i a

Objective | Neutralize Marauders [OBJ 1]
Company | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
Opposition | Marauders

Celendis' delicate fingers interlocked as she brought her hands together, resting it in front of her body as she smiled, watching Asaraa use the Force to calm the neutralized marauders. Though blind physically, she saw the radiance of light that followed the young Jedi. She would offer a nod as they affirmed that they would seek her out to learn. Cryokinesis was a dangerous Force power, one not often used by followers of the Light side of the Force, but with proper training and implementation, could be effective as a tool not to harm those it is used on. She would breathe a quiet sigh of relief as she held her hands together. The situation was handled with limited casualties, save for the ones that were slaughtered earlier. Death was to be expected, sometimes there was no other way around it, but it was their duty and responsibility as Jedi to not so casually court with it. That was what separated them from the Sith.

As Asaraa was explaining how the Rangers could handle the situation from here, she would once more nod. They had done their best to handle as many of the opposition, and the rest would likely surrender with their numbers significantly diminished and their leaders gone. There was nothing that could entice them to continue struggling, and the Rangers were likely going to be far less accommodating and merciful than the Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom