Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Minecraft Adventure: SJO Dominion of Lannik

Objective 1: Sort these marauders right out!
Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Celendis Astraia"] and [member="Kat Decoria"]
Enemies: [member="Sebastian Sebita"] plus marauders

"Well, I'm sure I could help blast our way in. I'm best when dealing with a crowd after all." Kahlil shrugged to Kat as she addressed him. That was his usual approach when he was in the Sith. No one could stand against his spells when he unleashed them on crowds. Though, he didn't have his spells anymore. He chuckled a bit as he shook his head, glancing back to the task at hand.

"I'm far from stealthy. I think a direct assault will be our best and only approach, unless you have something else in mind?"

Objective: 1
Tagging: [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Jerek Morrows"] | [member="Celendis Astraia"]

xwaVi2.png

Asaraa took a moment to watch her companions ascend the wall, each in their own way, that was the way of it, an easy task but a few ways to approach it. A smile curled up her lips as the Jedi closed her eyes, reaching out to the force, wrapping it around her body like a silken cocoon as she sucked in a deep breath, her hand pushing down against the wall as she used the force to levitate her body upwards, her feet and hands just pressing against the wall as she drove herself up again and again as she rose over the side of the top of the wall, her blue eyes dropping down to stare at the body of the comatose guard for a moment. It was always hard, breaking into a compound like this without killing anyone, keeping the potential casualties to a minim...Asaraa's head snapped up, pivoting around to stare at the front of the compound, her mouth almost dropping open.

Almost, she could feel the fear and panic swelling up like a wave from the front of the compound as she drew herself to her feet, exchanging glances with her companions. could hear hte cries of shock and the sound of an alarm as she shook her head. "Well, I guess that distraction didn't quite go how we thought it would." As she spoke the pink-haired Jedi was already moving along the wall at a pace. She could already feel the flow of the force, the marauders' attention collapsing in towards the front of the compound. If they move fast they could capitalise on this, prevent anyone else from getting hurt. At least, she decided as she bounded through the nearest door, one hand pressing against a soldier's chest the flow of the force stunning him as he dropped down to the floor. One saved, just the rest to go.

Objective: 1 - Marauders
Allies: [member="Celendis Astraia"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Kat Decoria"] | [member="Sigyn Vanir"] | [member="Jerek Morrows"] | [member="Sabine Galen"]
Enemies: [member="Sebastian Sebita"]
Equipment: Flângren, Calang, Blaster, assorted other

The movements began, separate groups taking separate steps towards the end goal. The musical distraction performed fantastically as the other groups quietly made their way into the compound despite the patrols. There was no loss of life...not until the distraction became a full-fledged assault that relatively few non-Force users could match. Inasmuch as the assault wasn't desirable, it did an admirable job of drawing the marauders' attention and opening holes in their defenses.

With a nod to the pilot, Audren took a step away from the viewscreen and launched himself off the back of the high-altitude speeder. The vessel itself was quiet, but was also far enough away from the compound to not be heard. It was still visible, but was covered by a holoshroud that rendered it nearly invisible. The Sephi himself was likewise shrouded with a hologram that simply projected the color of the sky as seen from the ground. Luckily it was a cloudless day; they hadn't been able to perfect dynamic shrouding yet. At least not in combination with the other equipment he wore: a tough but flexible fabric strapped on to make a wingsuit, a small repulsorlift generator, and a sound-dampener.

It quickly - very quickly - became time to slow for landing. The repulsor kicked in with a gentle hum and was masked by the sound dampening field, slowing the Jedi from breakneck speeds to simply foolish, then the flare of the wingsuit from a near-horizontal to near-vertical position bled even most of that off. The physical effort required was more than anticipated but nothing he couldn't handle. What little speed remained was transferred into a few casual steps on the gantry. The lone soldier stationed there was either so focused that he didn't hear the noise or the sound-dampener was performing better than expected, as he didn't even react when Audren entered arms-reach. A two-finger touch on the back of the neck was enough to temporarily disrupt the nerve impulses that commanded voluntary movement, and a more precise application sent the man into a deep slumber. A silent take down.

The Master's Force senses quested on down the tower and found only a single additional guard. His attention was also on the fighting but wasn't quite so focused; Audren guessed that he wasn't a sniper. Below him, inside the building that the tower jutted from, were more beings. At this distance he couldn't get more specifics, but he had to take care of the other guard anyways. He unclipped the infiltration equipment and left it atop the gantry, then tied a cable to the railing and began fast-roping down. The level above the remaining guard he kicked off the railing and arced back in towards the man. As the elfin Jedi approached, he threw another Force-based binding. This was not as finely targeted however and was more the equivalent of a punch to the diaphragm in most humanoids, a shock preventing quick movement or anything beyond a hoarse whisper. Audren didn't know the nervous system build of this humanoid species, so instead of potentially damaging him by sending him to sleep he simply brought an armored gauntlet down on the man's head. His other hand provided enough leverage to keep the crumpling form nearly silent.

Below lay the roof of one of the primary buildings. A legitimate target, a place his effort could help put a stop to this incursion.

Jerek Morrows

A Jedi's Life is Sacrifice.
Objective I > IV, Detain potential danger
Allies: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Celendis Astraia"]
Questionable: [member="Darlyn Excron"]

The mission was tense enough for all parties involved without unexpected surprises. What followed was enough to curdle the Shadow's blood. It was said that the dark side of the Force moved closely around someone who was about to take life; and the sensation of life leaving a body was like a pitch black stain in the fabric of reality. Several lives lost in such a short time was enough to send someone sensitive to such things into a mild panic. Fortunately for Jerek, or perhaps unfortunately, he was seasoned when it came to gruesome things.

The path of the Jedi Shadow was not one undertaken lightly. During ancient times, Jedi who took up the cause often flirted with the more perilous side of the Force due to their frequent proximity to it. The iteration of the Shadow Initiative that Jerek was inducted into took precautions against that level of immersion, requiring the Jedi to decompress after a term, go through rigorous testing and mental training to raise their awareness and-

And none of that mattered, because what he felt now caused him grief. Agony. The twisting sensation in his intestines born of deep, gutting loss- perhaps the hardest part of being a Jedi was the empathy it required of a man, and the duality of forcing him to part with those emotions freely. His eyes snapped to the scene barely in time to see the man cutting down his adversaries with reckless abandon, and he froze.

Lightsaber? The Force? Is he with us?

The datapad was already jacked into the network, and his slicer tools were in place and ready to work their magic. What he had witnessed was the sole obstruction in the final goal of bringing down the security systems. And with that goal in sight, he had to follow through.

With several dextrous keystrokes, he finished making his way through the firewall and he handed the datapad over to Knight Vaashe. "Regardless of the outcome, this situation needs to be addressed. You're in the door now. See it through to the end, Jedi."

He had faith that at least one among these Silver Jedi kept faith with the true meaning of Jedi. He could only hope it was not misplaced. As he hurried toward the rampart, he vaulted over and hurtled toward the ground, where he rolled to his feet.

Jerek could feel the anger threatening to rise to the surface. He could feel pools of dormant emotion swelling up, taking the opportunity to break his concentration and cause him to act rashly. For a moment, he stood in silence with his eyes locked on the Dark Jedi.

When finally he exhaled, he reminded himself. Emotion, yet Peace.

Though turbulent inside and out, Jerek stood like a rock between this man and any more potential victims. Of course, it made him a target for the Slavers as well- Slavers who wasted no time opening fire once more, after the shock of losing good men faded. Jerek pulled his lightsaber, something he was loathe to do, and deflected the blaster bolts harmlessly away.

Not toward an enemy. Not toward Darlyn. Simply to where they would do no harm.

"I'm going to need you to relinquish your weapon," he told the man. It was not a request. "If you cooperate with me, I can guarantee you will be treated fairly."

C e l e n d i s _ A s t r a i a

Objective | Neutralize Marauders [OBJ 1]
Company | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] / [member="Jerek Morrows"]
Opposition | [member="Sebastian Sebita"] & Marauders

Celendis waited for her companions to arrive, watching as Jerek came to check on the marauder sniper she had knocked out. Was he so skeptical that Celendis would use lethal force on a man when it was not necessary? And if so, why would he, or more rather what caused him to doubt her self restraint? Celendis had long seen the worth of a life, in all living creatures as they were all connected through the Force. She would never intentionally kill one unless it was for the sake of saving many, and even then it made her skin crawl to think about if she were ever forced to make that choice on her own. All people had a chance at redemption, and should be granted that chance with mercy. Death was not something she wanted to bestow on anyone, and the sniper she had knocked unconscious was no different. Perhaps when he came to, he would reconsider his life decisions and pursue a safer lifestyle.

This would not be the case for some unfortunate individuals as Celendis felt the flow of the Force around her shift. She could see the life of four snuffed out in the span of a few seconds as she turned her blind gaze towards where her companions were looking, seeing the dark aura that radiated from Darlyn. Perhaps that was why Jerek was concerned for the sniper she had dealt with, though maybe it was due to a more deep-rooted issue with the state of the Jedi across the galaxy. Having pursued a rather sheltered life while learning the ways of the Jedi, Celendis did not experience much of the horrors or atrocities that had plagued the galaxy at large from both sides of the conflict. So upon sensing the lives of four vanish from needless deaths made her heart sink, coming from one who claimed the title of Jedi. She sighed before shaking her head, turning to her companions. Jerek had succeeded in getting the door open after infiltrating the systems. Celendis watched as Jerek instead took off towards Darlyn, leaving Celendis and Asaara to handle the refinery situation from their position. She silently thought to herself as Jerek went to go confront Darlyn, - Go safely and return alive... May the Force be with you.

Asaara and Celendis would begin to move through the facility now, the sound of their boots moving along the corridors as they neutralized whatever threat that came one by one. As Celendis moved with her robes fluttering behind her, a pair of marauders would turn the corner, their weapons raised as they opened fire. Seeing as there was still a fair bit of distance to reach them, Celendis saw no choice but to draw her sabers. Two hilts would slide from her robes and into her hands as she activated them, deflecting blaster bolts to the floors and walls while providing some cover for Asaara, giving the young Knight some time to get cover or be prepared to defend herself. Celendis would leap forward at the two marauders, her acrobatic movements and speed closing the distance, all while deflecting the blaster bolts that came her way.

Moving with the fluidity of water and the elegance of a dancer, Celendis would jump up before landing between the marauders, landing in a low position after having skillfully slicing through their blasters to silence them. The cut off barrels would fall to the ground as she deactivated her sabers and planted her hands on the cold metal floor, twisting her body and pushing off the ground to send a kick into the chest of one as she sent the guard tumbling backwards into a wall, before leaping towards the other and sending him to the floor as well. Before either had the time to regain their bearings, Celendis would extend her arms out, one towards each of them as she channeled the Force to use cryokinesis. In mere moments the moisture in the air would freeze as thick ice formed around their arms and legs, like frozen locks that effectively froze them to the floor. They would be trapped there for a while, long enough for the Jedi to neutralize the refinery's guests without going anywhere. They could use that time to give their situation a long, hard thinking through and reconsider their life choices as they lay on the ground.

• Objective: 1 - Make the Grand Entrance
  • Allies: [member="Celendis Astraia"], [member="Jerek Morrows"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
  • Enemies: Marauders
  • Attire: Robes
  • Equipment: Tricksaber, Family Blaster

Oh for the love of... "Bit vague there Lass, I've been called a weapon of mass seduction there but somethin' tells me that's not what ya mean." She shook his head and started to walk to his left, keeping the still ignited weapon loose down by his side as he walked. His right side was facing Jerek, making it something of a circular path he was walking around. "All jokin' aside, how many times am I going to have to tell you pompous, self-righteous, elitist Jedi that I'm the good guy here? Eh? Do ya see a red lightsaber?" He waved the amber blade a bit between them. "Do my eyes look yellow?" He held open his left eye so Jerek could see the blue clearly. "I'm no hero but I sure as hell ain't the villain either."

Another sniper shot, and the blast was deflected by Darlyn right back at him. You could almost hear a noticeable scream in the distance as it hit the man's leg. Kark it, he'd meant to send it higher. Ah well, it was a distant no look shot anyways. "Besides the point, I'm fixing the problem am I not? You really think they were going to parlay? At best they were going to stall so they could try and get a clean shot off. So frankly I'm doing nothing more than taking the initiative! Besides, if you haven't noticed at least a few have left their posts and are ready to surrender. Not them all but I can feel those that don't want to fight."

He felt the purple arcs of lightning wrapping around his left hand, crackling . Clearly he didn't care if Jerek wanted him to stop, he was after all in the middle of a firefight. "Not to mention it's good to shake off the rust, let off some steam. Now are you going to continue to accost someone on your side, or are you going to continue bothering me for my lightsaber? Cause I can promise you, you're not taking it from me. I got too much to lose now." Finally he turned to face Jerek head on. His body language was by no means meant to be aggressive, even if it would likely be taken that way. He just wanted Jerek to stop and let him work in peace, but he hardly expected him to back down.

These kinds of Jedi never did unless you made them.

Listening to Kat, knowing her head she understood his limitations fairly well seeing how badly he coped in hand to hand combat. "Well, as long as you don't surrender as easily as you did against me then you should be fine!" Kat teased in a friendly rivalry way, looking over the refinery plans, Kat shook her head. "Going in hard and causing destruction could cause the refinery to explode. We need to be careful with the marauders using blasters that could make the place blow up too." Kat stated as she noticed several shots fired and loud voices.

"Damnit, thought we were going to be a bit more cautious than this however, I guess we are all in!" Kat grunted as she shrugged her shoulders, "Lets see if you can do some real damage now then." Kat taunted Kahlil as she rushed forward, twirling her staff in her hands as she inhaled deeply then jumping up and climbing up the wall.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Objective 1: Sort these marauders right out!
Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Celendis Astraia"] and [member="Kat Decoria"]
Enemies: [member="Sebastian Sebita"] plus marauders

"Like I said before, I only surrendered cause I didn't feel like being your punching bag for no reason." Kahlil chuckled a bit as he responded to Kat. She wasn't going to let him live that down it seemed, not that it mattered. Gun ho seemed to be the theme of the day though, and the young man only shook his head with a smile. He was hoping his Echani rival might have a better idea then him.

Ah well.

He took off in a run after the young woman, jumping up with her through some minor manipulation of the Force. His skill with controlling the air had grown exponentially after his connection to a darker soul was severed. Or, at least, he believed it so. Either way he was easily able to keep up with her, and once they made it to the top he paused by the edge. All out battle had broken out below. Made it easier for the pair to remain undetected, at first.

Deep breaths. Listen. Feel.

Kahlil closed his eyes and raised his hands as his breathing slowed. The young man reached out with the Force. The air below began to twist, growing visible as it picked up in speed around a larger group of the marauders who stopped firing and started shouting at one another in an attempt to figure out what was going on. The winds turned harsh, grating on the ears of those caught within before the marauders were suddenly lifted and thrown. They were scattered like leaves, impacting random fortifications and railings.

The young man then lowered his arms, nodding. "Let's get in there."

Tagging: [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Jerek Morrows"] | [member="Celendis Astraia"]

xwaVi2.png
"Well, that's one way to handle it, looks like you poured cold water on their party," Asaraa's lips quirked up into a smile as she let her gaze dance away over the two marauders their anger written over their face. The other woman's gymnastics had been impressive, the way she had closed with them had been fluid, almost dance like in it's grace and agility. The other Jedi's motion had been like nothing else she'd seen before, Asaraa liked to think of herself as a capable fighter, and was far more experienced than many other Jedi her age, but she'd never seen someone move like that before. That wasn't to say that other Jedi weren't graceful, but the sheer fluidity of the motion, the way that armed attacks lead to the unarmed strikes to the use of the force. One attack leading to another was like poetry in motion, the movements burnt into her mind, replaying as she closed her eyes.

The knight shook her head, forcing her mind onto the situation at hand as she glanced down the passage, opening one hand as her lightsaber floated up from her belt to slap into her palm, the silver blade extending forward with a familiar hiss-thrum as the girl rolled her shoulders, loosening them before gesturing down the hallway. "I guess they'll know we're here now, so, shall we?" The marauders might have been distracted by the sound of Darlyn's show at the front of the compound, although from the feel of it panic was the primary emotion most of them were dealing with but she didn't want to be the one to make a mistake and assume anything. Closing her eyes the girl reached out through the force, touching on that panic as she held up a hand, the lightsaber pointing down the hallway. "4 more of them coming down the hallway," she didn't need to open her eyes to sense them to reach out through the force to push at them, increase their uncertainty. Hopefully it was enough to disrupt them, maybe make them think better of their choices and run. "Here we go." Then with a deep breath she took off down the hallway, her lightsaber flashing up, batting a bolt out of the air, redirecting it into the floor as she launched herself up into the air, turning a pirouette as she landed, one hand slamming the man's chest as she gathered the force, expelling it into his body as he crumpled to the ground. Learning force stun had been a blessing in situations like this.

Jerek Morrows

Objective IV

Words were always the first things through the floodgates, and remorse was very often the last. For all of his good intentions, the Dark Jedi could not seem to comprehend the problem with his methodology, and indeed, seemed to believe that it warranted approval from the Jedi and their full sanction. This particular Jedi Shadow had arrived on scene just in time to ensure otherwise.

"While I'm certain that there are those who appreciate your good faith and cooperation, this is a Jedi mission. Your actions are lacking in character and not in keeping with the spirit of the Jedi Order, so you have no place here, lest you intend to interfere. The wanton taking of life is a precedent the Jedi will not tolerate."

Another shot fired off at the Dark Jedi. More pain radiated through the Force. Jerek tightened his expression, but allowed his demeanor to remain stoic. This was a situation where the duties of a Jedi clashed with human nature. He quelled his initial desire to cry foul, to rise to this man's provocation, and to lose himself to base anger. That is not the Jedi way.

It was important that those watching recognize that his emotions did exist. They were constant, like a storm, but a storm that was kept under control. It did not rage, rather, it was a soothing rainstorm. Calm, composed, and when it was gone he was left with peace.

He took a step to place himself between further harm, on either end. [member="Darlyn Excron"] in front of him, and the Marauders behind. "This is to ensure the safety of all involved parties, both hostile and ally."

He quickly gestured toward the exit, the way from which they came. "If you insist on resisting, I insist we vacate the area so that my colleagues can at least continue their mission without having to accommodate for your actions. Regardless, I will not ask again. Please, disarm, and leave this place with me. If you comply, you may leave unmolested and with all of your belongings."

More lectures. Really Darlyn was sick of them, all this moral high ground was getting to be sickening. 'Lacking character', at least his character was more enjoyable than a battery acid bath like this man's. "Oh my Force, could you be any more dull. Maybe this would be a problem if I was a Jedi but, as you can very clearly tell, a Jedi I am not. Never have, and if I have to ram my saber up my rear to act like you I very well won't be. I'm not asking you to approve of any of this, but I assure you this was never going to end without violence. From me, from them, from someone else, it doesn't matter. Violence and death are as much a constant as water and air. Someone was going to get shot or stabbed today with or without my help. At least if I do it, then the people dying are the bad guys."

It was painfully obvious even to Darlyn how hard he was working to keep himself in check. Normally, the Dark Jedi was able to keep his anger and fury on a short leash, directed at something useful like paperwork, or at the least away from anything detrimental. Times like this, well, with him already having loosed a bit that grip on his more intense emotions, and coupled with irritation that somehow everyone was old school and once more lacking any sense of that understanding of reality. "Safety of all, sure sure. Tell that to whoever gets shot next. I'd much rather it be me who can take the damn thing and walk it off, better for everyone then."

The lightning coiling around his arm was rapidly expanding in response to his frustrations with Jerek. Sparking and flicking off of him as though under its own sentient will. Naturally this was simply Darlyn's focus on maintaining composure cracking, unlike Jerek he was not one to contain these emotions entirely, until they faded. He preferred to release them, find catharsis and relief in spending this energy. When he held these things in, they hardly ever turned out quite right. Last time he'd tried to do so, he developed alcoholism after all, on the less-dangerous end of the spectrum. "Look, I'll give you that I'm more than a little bit willing to use force, Force, and lethal force. But what about this situation doesn't warrant it? Armed criminals willing to use their own lethal force? Yeah that's basically the definition of when lethal force is justified. I felt my life was in danger, and so I took action. None of this is the horrible evil murderous rampage you seem to want it to be!" He pointed at Jerek when he said the word 'you'.

"Now look, you can shut up and let me work, let me change the voltage so they don't crumple like wet paper this time and just go unconscious, or you can keep yapping and make this harder for me to focus on. I don't think you understand exactly how much I need to let out of my system now that I've loosened my grip on the controls. Not to mention if I listen to you well, I'm well at risk from being shot by them, or stabbed by you. And if that happens well, let me tell you, someone will be absolutely shocked to see what comes of it." If Jerek had hoped to somehow calm him, clearly he had only worsened the situation. If anything he was more wound up.

Objective 1: I would watch but it's time to leave​
Equipment: Don't matter​
Tags: Too many people​
As soon as some of the jedi decided to start fighting them then suddenly each other seb made the call to Blodrud the Bloodless as he ended all of the leaders lives with a lightsabre they had stolen a while back. Soon word was spread among the marauders their leaders were dead the jedi had infiltrated the command point and killed all but bloodless who had been out double checking their escape plan. Most of the men looked at each other trying to figure out what to do.

However sebastian was ahead of the chain on this one having seen the jedi fighting each other had begun moving his squad back to the escape point while saying over the comms. "I will follow Bloodless at least he had a way off planet." In a fake voice for him that sounded gruff and well worn almost like he was also a marauder as many of them agreed with him with drawing however pockets of marauders decided they would stay and take on the jedi becoming the new bosses.

They began firing upon any jedi they could see giving cover to those retreating without realising it as they began boarding ships readying to get themselves off world to whatever new chance they would get giving the massive failure here. But at least they would survive or many hoped so.

Company | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
Opposition | Marauders

Celendis would follow after Asaraa as she pointed out the company they were about to have. She was both impressed and pleased by the younger Jedi exercising more restraint than the one outside, even though taking down hostile forces with non lethal force was a challenge in and of itself much of the time. But such was the life of a Jedi, those who were meant to be keepers of the peace and not soldiers. It was never meant to be a simple task, otherwise there would be a very blurred line between the path of a Jedi and that of a Sith.

As Asaraa threw the marauders to the ground with a Force Push to disorient them while dodging left and right gracefully, blaster bolts that slipped past Asaraa's defenses glancing off of Celendis' shell spider silk robes as she used minimal movements to avoided them. As Asaraa leaped up into the air, Celendis' hands would press down on the floor as she channeled the Force. Tendrils of ice formed as the air became noticeably colder, veins of ice appearing along the ground as they snaked their way towards the remaining marauders, rooting their feet in blocks of ice while one marauder who had not gotten to his feet was frozen down to the floor. Celendis would lift her hands off the ground as she jumped up, avoiding a burst of blaster fire from the remaining marauders.

She would jump off the walls as she used the momentum to send a kick to the side of one man's head, knocking him out as the ice around his legs moved up to cocoon the man in ice up to his neck, keeping him upright and neutralized before turning to the other remaining marauder. She would move her arm to knock the blaster off to the side of her head where he couldn't get a clear shot before sending an open palm strike to the man's chest. Ice would form around the point of contact as it formed another cocoon of ice around the man.

As the conscious marauders struggled to no avail to escape their icy prisons, Celendis would turn her head, sensing death and a darker presence though the latter was fading as they were leaving the area. She would turn to Asaraa before speaking, " I sense that there is conflict and confusion amongst our adversaries. This should make wrapping the situation at the refinery. "

Sabine Galen

S
With: [member="Sigyn Vanir"],
Allies: [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Kat Decoria"], [member="Celendis Astraia"], [member="Jerek Morrows"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
Enemies: Marauders

Sabine watched as her new apprentice sprang to action, the young Valkyri demonstrating that she was certainly not afraid. Her dark eyes widened slightly as the spear tip narrowed in on the two fallen guards. The next moments were crucial, Sabine knew. Would her learner shed blood without thought or would she take a more restrained approach. Time seemed to stretch, every small movement taken in by the Knight, nothing went unnoticed – the determination in Sigyn's eyes, the sharp tip of the spear, the frightened looks of the two men.

And, in the end – she was pleased to see Sigyn settle for knocking the two guards out cold.

As Sigyn spoke, Sabine cracked a small grin, the corner of her mouth lifting briefly. She nodded in response, indeed it seemed someone had started the fun. Turning, she held her palms out towards the guard's weapons – disabling them, before sending them flying far out of the reach of the unconscious men.

“This is our chance,” She said, nodding towards the refinery. “Let's get to it, shall we?”

As the some of the others moved in, and a few others drew attention of the marauders, Sabine and Sigyn could use the opportunity to sneak in. A back door was there, locked of course. Taking out her saber, she ignited the azure blade, illuminating them both in the blue light. Quickly, she used it to cut through the locking mechanism, allowing them inside.

“I know you favor that spear,” She whispered, “But we ought to make you one of these soon.”

A small, encouraging smile was given. Indeed, crafting a saber was a rather big step for any padawan... she remembered making her own with the help of her Father. The darkened hallways awaited them... she would motion for Sigyn to remain quiet as they went. They would need to keep alert.

Objective 3 + 4: Meet with Slave Leader
Nearby: [member="Liuna Ondizi"], [member="Klesta"], [member="Kat Decoria"], [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Tom Taff"], [member="Gherron Dragonsflame"], [member="Cassius Droma"],

The fighting was drawing much closer than I expected. The slavers and the guards were likely being thinned out extremely fast. A group of these Jedi knew what they were doing. At least for the most part. I was unsure who they exactly were, so I could not get the perfect read on them.

Making it towards the main housing, I was starting to open the door when I heard a voice call out just behind me. Asking for me to wait.

I didn't.

I was here on my own mission, and needed just a moment with the guy in charge. Passing through the threshold, I shut the door, and extended my hand. Holding the door and the wall with a wall of telekinetic power. Making sure if they broke down the door, I still had my room. My singular Orange eye from my helmet turned to face the man in charge. Three men were training their guns on me as I spoke.

"You seem to have become super popular recently. Mind a Word?"
"You Jedi? Why would you speak to me?"
"No, I am with The Family, and I wanted to hire you for our services. However, now that the Jedi are here, I can assure you, They want you for crimes."
"How can I believe you would protect me? One man against all of the Jedi? You must be stupid."
"Very well. Let me go open these doors and invite them in."
"No no no!"
"Yes yes yes. You think I don't have people on my side."
"Just... Just let me think about it."
"Fine, however, that time will be short."

That was all I needed. Just to plant the seed that I could get him out of this. Potentially get him out of this. If he would fight for his life rather than give it up, then I could maybe pull some strings. I wouldn't reveal myself yet, but if needed, I had a couple cards still left in my hand. WIth that, I released the wall, letting in all who wanted to do so, but letting my hand rest on the saber if they attempted to get a little fiesty. Considering with the way they dispatched them, my confidence in them was slim at the moment.

Jerek Morrows

He was an uncommon breed among Jedi, [member="Darlyn Excron"] would soon find.

Jerek had not expected this confrontation to end peacefully, nor was this man correct in assuming that pacifism was the Jedi way. Resolving situations peacefully rarely ever excluded conflict in the Galaxy they lived in. Beautiful ideals gave them something to strive after, but they learned early that they were just that. Ideals. They had to embrace the world as it was, not as they wished it to be.

A Jedi was human at his core. He was not without flaw, nor was he bereft of emotion. He responded to stimulus like any other man, deeply wounded by the choices of this Dark Jedi, full of righteous anger that he continued, and filled with determination because of all of that to fulfill his duty. Jerek pushed all of that aside in favor of a clear mind.

Anger leads to Hate. It is not the Jedi way.

He exhaled a torrent of feelings in one shallow breath. This was the hardest part of his duty- to set aside what he felt about the situation, and to approach it from the lens of Jedi Shadow. He had given two chances. Twice Darlyn had opted for defiance. Jerek sighed in defeat. His shoulders sagged, and he deflated visibly. Would that he could have convinced the man with words.

Instead, he had to use force. Not lethal force, mind. That set them apart. Even though they were not in agreement, even though they stood at odds, Jerek fully intended to allow this man to keep his life.

And so, the Shadow sank backward, saturated in the living Force. His senses came to life, the familiar warmth that he normally kept a reasonable distance from filled him to overflowing. Jedi were charged with power, and the responsibility that came with it. Pinpricks in his fingertips spread to his palms, flowed up his wrists and a sensation like saline washed through his veins.

His breaths became ragged, and the air between both men shifted. Darlyn would feel it like lightheadedness and drowsiness threatening at the edges of his senses. It was not a forceful thing- no, it almost felt like a mother swaddling her child in blankets and singing him a lullaby. Soothing.

"I assure you," he spoke softly, calmly. "No further harm will come to anyone here."

• Objective: 4 - Manage the Storm
  • Allies: [member="Jerek Morrows"]
  • Enemies: Marauders, [member="Sebastian Sebita"]
  • Attire: Robes
  • Equipment: Tricksaber, Family Blaster

If he thought it was so simple he was to be sorely mistaken. Darlyn's emotions were not something easily tamed, even though the effects the man was putting him through were visible, audible. Heavy breathing, like he was labored and finding it hard to keep himself standing. It was at the edges of his sensations, creeping, threatening him. Tricks and annoyingly peaceful. Normally he would find it in him to appreciate that Jerek was sticking to his not-guns, as it was he just wanted to punch his pretty little face with a lightning charged punch. Or several.

Just to get that out of his system.

The anger and frustration Darlyn had wasn't something simple, something new or rooted entirely in the present. It was an old wound, several in fact, something that stuck in his mind and had come to define his life. Anger at his parents, anger at the Jedi, anger at the Sith, anger at everyone, and mostly anger at himself. Perhaps now that Jerek was attempting to calm the man down, he would be able to find at the least a few, if not all of these. Decades of pain were not so easily mended, nor perhaps could they.

"Harm is such a relative, you wound me Jedi. More than anything else you could have done. 'Lethal Force is permitted' and then boom, making me out to be evil when I do just that. You really are just a bunch of hypocrites... might be the one thing that old dirtbag got right." Of course if you knew him, hardly took much effort to know who he meant. Jerek could feasibly pick up on the disdain in his voice at the word dirtbag, but wouldn't be able to figure more than that.

Also at the edge of his hearing... ah the marauders were having trouble. Something about... who knows what. But some were leaving, and others seemed ready to stay. He hadn't been paying attention to the soldiers with Jerek's moral crusading going on, not nearly as much as he should. There were blasters being readied and, it seemed like they had the Jedi in mind. Since he was between Darlyn and them he couldn't stop them directly at all, he'd have to try extra hard. Jerek wanted non-lethal did he?

He'd karking show him non-lethal.

Darlyn shut off his saber, and lifted his left hand up. He had to focus, which was difficult with what Jerek was doing to him. Still, Darlyn homed in on every minutia of what he was doing, the voltage, current, everything being painstakingly controlled to perfection. Or at least close as he could get... before it went up through him, into his hand, and up into the sky. Lightning shot from his fingers, arcing and curling around to bypass, or at least attempt to bypass, Jerek. If the man managed to stop it at all, he'd find it pathetically easy, as the lightning was no more powerful than that of a taser at best. Minuscule compared to what he could manage.

He managed to keep sending short bolts for a few seconds, before he felt his arm drop of its own accord. Breathing even heavier, he extended his lightsaber into the long pike's staff formation, leaning on it for support as he tried to see... Had Jerek let his attempt to subdue them go through? He doubted it would have, but he was curious at the least to see what would come of it. If only because he was stubborn to a fault to prove he wasn't just lying at this point.

xwaVi2.png
The pink-haired girl raised a hand, leaning forward to rap her knuckles on the sheath of ice that had grown up around the marauders pinning them in place. The knight turned a bright smile on her companion, nodding her head at the older Jedi, "that's a pretty nifty trick there, you'll have to teach me how to do it one of these days." The ability to freeze people in place like this, or maybe construct a wall to contain rambunctious toddler when she was on babysitting duty. It was a quiet moment of reflection on how far the young knight had to go, how much more she had to learn. But that was, perhaps, a reflection for another day, one where they weren't in the middle of a mission. Asaraa cocked her head to the side, her eyes unfocusing slightly as she stared down the corridor in the direction Celandis had indicated for a few moments before nodding her head slowly. "You're right but...why'd they start shooting one another?" The idea of turning on your allies just wasn't one that the girl could understand, your allies were supposed to be the people you supported, who watched your back no matter what and to just shoot them on your way out as a kinda perverse party gift wasn't something she thought she'd ever be able to wrap her head around.

"Seems like you're right, if nothing else, being attacked by their own should have the rest of them a little worried about one another. Who knows, maybe it'll make them more willing to surrender." She knew it was a long shot, but divide and conquer actually worked...well most of the time. Hopefully this was one of those times, and not one of those times that it'd just make people fight stronger, Asaraa closed her eyes again, freezing like a statue for a long heartbeat before...nodding, "they're kinda just milling around over there. Can you do that freezing thing without them noticing before you've got them?"

Jerek Morrows

Objective IV

Arcing bolts of electricity swept past Jerek, who maintained a visual on [member="Darlyn Excron"]. He could feel the emotions ripple off of the current, all the way back to their point of origin. The Force flowed all around them now, through them, and as the Dark Jedi called upon it, the silent surge of power that Jerek slowly administered began to sink in. Unlike a mental prompt, the power that the Jedi Shadow now used altered the body itself, causing systems to dramatically shift their functionality. The weariness that pricked at the man was not some kind of mind trickery; instead, it resulted from the slowing of blood flow to the brain and extremities.

The fatigue was born of melatonin secreted into the body as blood pressure shifted significantly, and the brain told the body to slow itself to a halt. It was true, Darlyn got to make his stand and claim ideological superiority as jolts of incapacitating electricity flowed into his victims. The man had to be stopped before his crusade could become a very great threat. Who had authorized lethality so brazenly, and why would they do so knowing such a man would take full advantage of the opportunity?

Who allowed a non-Jedi on a high profile mission without proper protocols in place?

There were many unanswered questions in his mind, and the Shadow fully intended to follow up on each of them in due time. For now however, he tapped deeper into the Force and sank his proverbial teeth into the other man. Morichro induced a death-like trance wherein the target remained alive in suspended animation, provided their well-being was maintained by the inducer. Jerek sent the stillness straight toward Darlyn's chest, looking to place the man in deep, artificial slumber until such a time as the Silver Jedi could sort him out.

Company | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
Opposition | Marauders

Celendis would slip her lightsabers back into the folds of her robes before lifting her hands to dust them off. She turned to Asaraa and noticed her smile before offering one in return. When the younger Jedi inquired if she could teach them the art of cryokinesis, Celendis would nod before offering her response, " Of course. Once we've finished our business here you can seek me out and I'll pass along a few lessons. " Her smile would slowly vanish as she concentrated the Force to pick out the turbulent atmosphere that was starting to grow. On one hand their confusion did make things simpler; the lack of leadership would break down the remaining marauders into chaos and confusion, making them more susceptible to surrendering or being pacified.

When Asaraa asked why they started shooting at one another her response was one that caused a frown to appear on her pale face, " I am unsure. But I sense there is a darker forces in play here... " Celendis didn't like the implications the sudden shift in atmosphere, but if it came down to it, they would deal with it together. There was always strength in numbers when it came to Jedi.

Celendis would sense the individuals that Asaraa had detected as she pondered a bit. Her cryokinesis worked best at close ranges where it could take effect quicker than an enemy had time to react, and was especially quicker in acting upon physical contact. Trying to perform it from a longer distance away would be tricky as the marauders would likely take notice to the tendrils of ice that would be snaking their way towards them. Too risky of an idea to try as it were now, so instead she used the Force to conceal herself from sight once more before silently stepping towards the unsuspecting group of marauders.

A pair of the marauders would be conversing with one another about how their leadership had just suddenly died and what they were going to do. As they spoke, they might notice the slight dip in temperature as well as each exhale they made being visible in the form of fog. The sensation of a hand lightly brushing their shoulders could be felt as Celendis seemed to fade into view from seemingly nowhere. Before the marauders had time to react, ice would form from where she touched them, quickly imprisoning their upper bodies before they were completely incapacitated. She would turn to where Asaraa was before waving her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom