Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Merry Little Life Day [SJO]

The woman noticed him, as he expected her to. The first thing he realized though, was that the woman was no longer blinded. Good for her, he supposed. While he had urged her to leave out of a desire to not have someone uncommitted holding him back, he found himself being glad for her that she found something more fitting of her. These emotions and feelings were still new to him, he knew. But his brother had urged him to embrace them, so long as he kept them in check and didn't let them control him as they did while he was a Sith.

She asked why he was here, then, and once she stopped, than asked if he had run. He shook his head.

"I was never theirs. They caused my amnesia and used me for their ends" He spoke calmly, dulled blue eyes staring back at her. "My brother returned me to the way I was."

[member="Jairdain"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Varindar Asyt"]

Tom had a lot of ideas of what to give the woman, he finally decided on a what he would call a survival kit along with a buddy. She would find a metal box with an astromech next to it. Within the box she would find a datapad, along with a rather small robotic dragon and finally a weapon. Inside the lid would be a letter.

In case of emergency,
May this all keep you safe should you ever get shot down or otherwise stuck.
May the droid next to this case be your friend when in need. He comes with more than a few surprises.
Happy Life Day.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Yours
T.T.

Tom would however find the cloak and read the letter before placing the cloak on enjoy it's feel and hunted down [member="Drystan Marakos"] where he immediately hugged her. Something he wouldn't normally do "Thank you very much my friend. Happy Life day."

Before stopping by the Lifeday tree to drop off her gift for the gift exchange (currently stowed away in a pocket dimension), Jyoti visited the refreshment table first, contributing a covered platter of her baked goods. Chocolate "dunked" peppermint cookies, as well as small honey cakes (melopita), made especially with [member="Eustachya"] in celebration of the coming Winter Solstice.

The Echani was all decked out for the occasion, not only sporting one of her friend's holiday sweaters, but also one of those cute beanies. Next year, she was eagerly awaiting the addition of a scarf to her growing collection of crochet swag.

Some of the younglings and Jedi around the table greeted the Grandmaster, and she took her time responding in kind, engaging in a bit of small with each one as she mixed herself a mug of hot cocoa with all the marshmallows.

As she felt a familiar aura at the foot of the tree, she looked over to see Allyson standing there.

Now this will be tricky.

She didn't want the Corellian to know she was the recipient of Jyoti's gift until after the fact, or else it would ruin the surprise.

There was no other choice but to wait.

@Allyson Locke

----------------------------------------

The tree illuminated against the Corellian’s face as she took in the sight of it. She had never experienced something like this, at home the holidays she was usually being carted around by her parents off to see relatives. Even then, the trees weren’t this impressive. A small wave of sadness over the loss of her parents came and went as she stepped back from the tree. This time of year was something that always worked up those old repressed feelings of family. At least this year she wasn’t alone, around her was the family she chose.

Shaking out of the little funk, the woman stepped away from the tree and looked around. She wondered if she’d ever get used to that sensation of feeling the familiar aura of another through the Force. It was an odd sensation, but at least a welcomed one. Allyson waved slightly, hoping to catch the woman’s attention. Before she could start on her way over, a voice echoed behind her drawing her attention.

“Locke! I knew you’d show up ahah” The stout middle aged man came over carrying two glasses of eggnog in his hands. It seemed she had been expected. “Oh wow, please tell me this is made with Menkooro.” The man winked and nudged the Corellian, “Ya really think I’d give ya some without a bit o’ something to warm ya belly?” Allyson laughed and shook her head, “If it's with menkooro, where’s the-” Both said the last bit in unison, a saying among smugglers “Bruallki!” The pair laughed and Allyson carried on her conversation, with her attention on the man who repaired her fighters.

Posted this for Jyoti and I from a doc during the downtime of the site slowness. :)

Oh Jairdain was still blind and like a seeing eye dog, she used Sage to see for her. Only difference was, she would look through his eyes and see the world around her, not her own. It had taken a bit of time to get used to it, but they had worked it all out and he was a great benefit for her. Most of the time, she did not do this though. About the only time was when she was some place new to wanting to see a familiar place for the first time. People were no exception to the rule and she looked at Nicholas for the first time.

He mentioned the Sith had caused him to have amnesia and used him for their own ends. It was something that was almost familiar to her. Krest had tried to do the same thing. Altered her memories and had wanted her to be his pawn. Time passed, he died and she changed. At one time she had been under his thumb, but now she had control of him, though she allowed Krest his freedom. They both knew who was in control of their relationship.

"My own family has been dead a long time, but I found family here. Was even adopted by my brother before Commenor fell. Who is your brother?"

[member="Nicholas DragonsFlame"]

[member="Jairdain"] talked about how her family had been dead for some time now, and that she'd found family here. Family, had he found family here? He supposed not exactly. He had his brother, but... Anyone else was deceased or people he didn't really know. Nobody that he was attached to. But he knew that he would likely have to try eventually. If there was anyone who'd want to accept someone like him, someone who had done what he had done. Both willingly and unwillingly. The truth of the matter was that before they had taken his memory, all of his efforts, all of his cruelty had been completely willing. They had been him, nobody else. While he could make an excuse as to why his attempt at redemption was... Delayed, he could never take away what he had done.

He pointed past her, then. "Him" He spoke as he pointed toward [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] who was walking past with his son.

[member="Jairdain"]

Her words gave Nicholas something to think on or at least she assumed they had. Other than their brief encounter when she had been sith...Jairdain knew almost nothing about him. He had a brother within the Order and that information she had learned only moments ago. When he pointed out who his brother was, her jaw about hit the floor in surprise.

"Master DragonsFlame is your brother?"

Having been brought up to call people by titles, this is what she called Josh. Back when she had been a broken sith, he had helped guide her back. It was clear he was attempting to do the same for his brother.

"You have a wonderful family."

She seemed surprised, though he wasn't all that sure as to why. He tilted his head a moment, wondering just what would cause her jaw to drop when he brought up who his brother was. Of course, his brother had neglected to mention his position, and hadn't thought it worth bringing up seeing as he was more concerned about Nicholas at the time.

When she asked her question then, he nodded his head. "Yes. What of it?" He would inquire. At the least, he was asking questions now, so it was a start. But then she would state that he had a wonderful family. He looked down a moment, unsure of how to answer that. But after a few moments, he would look up again and nod his head. It was a compliment, right? He was pretty sure. But it was also something that reassured him that things... Well... Things might just go okay.

"Thank you."

Considering how to answer in the face of all this, something came to mind.

"You stated you found family here. How so?"

[member="Jairdain"]

The position of his brother was unknown to Jairdain, but not who he was. When she had been a broken Sith, Josh had helped her get herself and mind back together. He might also be able to help Nicholas. It depended on him though.

"He helped me before far more than he probably realises. That's all and why I said you have a good family. Master DragonsFlame is a wonderful person."

When he asked how she had found family, she let out a small sigh and took a few moments to think on her answer.

"It's a bit of a long story. Would you like to go sit somewhere and we can talk?"

Deciding to wait to answer him, she was willing to talk to him. She just didn't feel right here was the correct place for it.

He did not know his brother's position, but he would learn before long all that had happened over the years. He had much to catch up with, though...

Jair would explain that his brother had helped her previously. How many people had he helped, he wondered? Was he not the only one that had gone down a dark path, and had been led away from it by his brother? How many people had he saved like him? How many people had he freed from these shackles, and given them the freedom that they coveted? That he had coveted? Questions for later, he supposed. He didn't know much about his brother, he only remembered the tears he had shed in realizing just how much he had sacrificed for his sake. So when Jair would give him the description she did... He believed her.

His question was met with admittance it would be a long story, and he nodded his head when she suggested they move elsewhere to speak on it. He motioned for her to lead the way, then.

[member="Jairdain"]

[Exit]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom