Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A long way from home

"I understand," Nyx replied once Taiia contributed on the subject matter. It was something one felt. An innate knowing rather than a conscious understanding, which in time you formulated into thought or word; however you could never quite accurately describe what it was you simply 'knew.' It was difficult for organics in that regard. Nyx, however, did not 'feel' in that way. Even her emotional subroutine was a composite of code, which if you had sufficient power, resources, and time you could witness each as they happened and understand why that one had been chosen and manifested in such a manner. There was no 'gray area' when it came to droids. That said, there was a great deal that would take longer than the remaining lifespan of the universe for someone to unpack to say they truly understood certain decisions a droid made -- such was the sheer amount of data that could be applied to a decision. Perhaps, in a sense, that was... feeling?

Nyx turned her red eyes toward Red as he spoke. What he said made sense in a philosophical way, however that only made her own point more pronounced. A droid might intellectually understand what the Force was supposed to be, but they would seemingly never be capable of the journey itself. It seemed to be a great tragedy as well. If there was so much to learn about the Force then would it not be beneficial to have an electronic intelligence catalog such knowledge? "Curious. Perhaps one could adapt holocron technology to allow a droid some means of experiencing this," Nyx posited though she wondered if there would be much of a 'journey' and simple more of a weapon some would use to their advantage. Provided, of course, you could manifest the Force through such a holocron and it was not a mere storage device.

As the small group neared a cafe, the droid took visual stock of the seating accommodations before deciding to join them. Her cranial unit pivoted then so she could focus on Voph as he spoke. His words sounded like what one that wielded the Force would say, and so did not entirely make sense to the droid. How was the Force lost without Voph, or rather a sentient that could... use it? Or was it the mere existence of life itself? The latter seemed to align with what a few other practitioners had said over the years. Nevertheless, Nyx didn't understand why the Force needed living organisms.

"If I may," Nyx interjected herself into the conversation, "I believe Lord Voph will have already done what you just did, Taiia." Among other things, but between two Force Users the 'moment' demanded a more mystical response than one cold logic. Also, there were certain factors that Taiia would not appreciate hearing despite being simple truths -- such as it was easier to understand a person if they were in a position where you could observe them longer.

Tag: Talak Jenste Talak Jenste | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Kyyrk Kyyrk

VophTop.png

Voph watched the girl quietly as she closed her eyes to surrender herself to the Force. "I've been alive long enough to know that it's not in my best interests to trust people. There are a number. But a small number." Voph smiled as he said this. A grim, predatory smile. "You, however, I do not sense as being one with malicious intent. And...even if you were, the Knights do not just open their darkest secrets to anyone. No, I feel confident to welcome you to our fold. Greater beings than the lot of us combined have tried and failed to destroy the Knights, You, I do not think would pose a threat."

Voph leaned back in his chair, glancing to Nyx. He smirked at the notion that the Droid was suggesting he'd already gone through the soul searching Taiia just did. There was much the Droid could stand to learn of the Force. An old man like him had far more tricks up his sleeve than just a reliance on a mystical power most were incapable of even beginning to understand...

orangbar.png

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Kyyrk Kyyrk

Red looked to Voph. So, he had noticed, huh? How? That was... kind of spooky to be honest. Red couldn't see how Voph had noticed. That was... physically impossible. Then again, the Force could be used to break all known laws of physics, so what did Red know about what was possible and not? Still, it was unnerving. "No sir, nothing's wrong. I'm just a bit jumpy. My genetic code is sequenced to where I am hyper reactive to my surroundings. TO pay attention to every small detail and to be ready to strike at a moment's notice, so of course I'm a always a bit on edge." Red explained. It was true, he was genetically programmed to be very observant of his environment and to have hyper-fast reflexes. He was always a bit uneasy.

Voph led them to a cafe. Red sat down at them table. Then, Taiia said something to him. "Yes ma'am, there is a chain of command soldiers must follow, and if you break it there is punishment, often times serious punishment." He replied to her. She said something else. "Yes, I know this. I was a genetic experiment in a lab on a barely-known planet in the Unknown Regions. When raiders attacked every single lab on the planet, we fought back. After we won, us experiments had two options, try to set up a civilization on the planet, or leave. I left. I left behind the only home and family I have ever known, going out into the galaxy." He told her.

She asked another thing. "Well, I came to the Confederacy, and they barely knew me. They let me in, and look at me now. Now I'm in their special forces." He told her.

Nyx piped up. She had been quiet for a while. She said something about trying to adapt holocron tech to allow droids to experience this. "Maybe. I have an engineer buddy who might be interested in doing it." Red said to her. He could feel her eyes boring into him. To be honest, she kind of freaked him out. She was a droid, sure, but she was almost exactly like a natural being. She was highly intelligent, which didn't help at all, as it made Red feel like she was always calculating. And her eyes... They were lifeless, but it seemed like they could see everything. Even though she slightly freaked him out; Red had to admit, she was pretty awesome.

Dialogue

She looked back at Red has explained his reactions to Voph, she smiled gently at him "It would seem then that we are not so different in our experiences after all Red." she then turned her attention over to Nyx and shook her head gently strands of red hair swaying with the motion "No he already arrived at that decision some time ago I think" she smiled folding her hands in front of her and rested her chin on her hands studying Voph closely. "You are quite right I am no threat, and I did not come here to cause any problems. Though I doubt seriously I would even cause you to break a sweat if I had" she grinned "So what next then?
He would perhaps mistake her as an impatient child but it was not that, it was a passion to learn and to grow in the force that drove her nothing more, there was still a distant call through the force to her that lead her beyond where she is and where she is going. Taiia knew that and was eager to seek it out but only at the right time. She had to be ready for whatever lay before her.​

Jedi-Bottom.gif

Tag: Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Kyyrk Kyyrk Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Whether Nyx held any thoughts about what Voph had said or the glance spared to the droid, her cranial unit failed to pivot to indicate it; nor her glowing eyes blink as her model did not pose eyelids. Humanoid though she was created, her chassis had some obvious utilitarian purpose for the design. A human-like creation had not been the intention as she lacked several organic features. At least such was what Nyx herself had concluded some time ago.

"Curious." Red's narrative about himself did draw the gaze that the man found a touch unsettling. "What was the intended purpose of this genetic research? Merely academic, or did they intend to design soldiers or assassins? I hope many of your designers survived the battle. It is unfortunate when one's creator is lost or forgotten." Like her own. Usually not a topic she dwelt on, but under the circumstances... A droid did have questions. Was it intentional all memory banks were erased when her self protection measures activated? Why had they not sought to find her in all this time? Was Nyx the only one active?

Back to the subject of the holocron, however. "An Engineer familiar with Jedi or Sith holocrons? I would be interested in meeting such a person." Entirely true. Nyx had left out an important bit of information, however -- even if they were a prime candidate, Nyx couldn't let them perform any operation on her chassis. Yes, she proposed the idea. Yes, she would like to explore it. However, the self-protection protocol was absolute and ruled out any attempt.

Tag: Kyyrk Kyyrk | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Kyyrk Kyyrk Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Red raised an eyebrow at Nyx's questions about his genetic creation, and then the statement about his creator's. So, this was something she was interested in, huh? It sort of sounded like she spoke from experience, but Red had noticed how she usually tried to completely avoid any topic even closely related to the topic. "The purpose of the genetic experimenting and our creation was to create soldiers, assassins, and vice versa. We were created to be supersoldiers, to be hired, as the company put it, but more like sold by the company, to militaries and to be hired by private clients and so on and so forth. We were made to be special forces, black ops, soldiers, leaders, assassins, and everything in the galaxy that you might find in a military. Some of my designers survived the raids, and a lot of the surviving scientists decided to stay and monitor how well the experiments could build a civilization, or they decided to help with the progress. But a lot of scientists died, too." Red told her.

"Yeah, I've got someone that is familiar with holocrons, and mechanics. I've got two people of choice, actually. One of them is another experiment, and the other is my personal pit droid, who has been with me enough, and we've run some experiments, to kind of know how holocrons work." Red told her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom