Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A long way from home

Taiia was seated in her chair in the main cabin of her ship while looking over some notes of hers. She brushed a few strands of hair out of her eyes and placed them back behind her ear where they would be less troublesome then she reached and took hold of a small cup of tea, the steam still rolling off the top of it. She gently brought the cup to her lips and blew on it, just as she was about to take a drink an alarm started sounding throughout the ship and she quickly set down the cup before jumping up.

“Dammit all, of course now we are arriving” the claxon sounding annoyingly through the ship was warning that they were about to drop out of hyperspace, she sprinted to the cockpit and strapped into the chair and sighed “I really need to get a droid” she started tapping several items on the console Infront of her and the autopilot disengaged giving her back manual control. Both hands on the controls the ship exited hyperspace abruptly on the edge of the system, she made a few course corrections and accelerated toward the planet in front of her. “Geonosis, I finally made it here” she tapped a few buttons on the console opened communication with planetary control. “Geonosis control, transmitting codes for landing clearance” it takes them a few minutes to verify but it looks like the codes she got from a slicer worked after all, flying around in a stolen ship is not the best idea especially if you are not careful, fortunately she is careful. Her ship broke through the atmosphere and glided in over the terrain toward Golbah city her eyes scanned the city as she flew toward the starport trying to commit as much of it to memory as she could on the way in. The ship weaved in and out of the buildings and finally came in for a landing at the starport it began its slow descent and finally shook slightly as the skids contacted the surface. Firmly on the ground she stood, and walked back to the main cabin, she stopped and picked up her tea. It had cooled quite a bit now but that mattered little, she downed it like a shot and grabbed her cloak from the chair and threw it around her, gently placing a hand on her lightstaff to make sure it was there, subconscious behavior of course, she knew it was there it always was.

Voph was in his chamber. After the recent events in Golbah, he needed time to destress. But such a feat was difficult for someone like him. Not with what he knew. Not with what hung over his head. But he found himself in the rather perilous position of possessing answers, but no questions. He knew what was to come. He knew what haunted his dreams.

But for now, it could wait. Voph felt a presence nearing Geonosis. How could he not? Voph's hood was drawn, masking the loose strands of black hair against a shroud of midnight. The rag that covered the eyeless sockets was returned to it's rightful place. And his armor clung to him like a second skin. He could feel...no...SEE the unfamiliar presence within the Force. And it begged investigation. If only to take his mind from other matters.

Voph unfolded his legs, letting the Force return him to solid ground. He pulled his hood back, and exited the meditation chamber. The Citadel was quiet today. Many of her inhabitants were in meetings this time of day. As such, Voph encountered few beings on his exit from the complex. Just as well. He was beginning to tire of all the well wishers. As he strode from the building, he winced slightly from the enveloping heat, and called upon the Force to ease this new burden. The new presence he has felt was at the spaceport. He would start there.

Voph wasn't sure if it was happenstance that brought them here, or if they were looking for something. Either way, Voph was always keen to meet any who possessed the gift of controlling the Force. He knew it was only a matter of time before the new arrival was likely to be mobbed by Knights Obsidian. But, at the very least, Voph could play the moderator, and calm the minds of those that may very well overwhelm the younger being. After all, who knew why she had come? Was she searching for something? Running from something? Or was she just...exploring?

Talak Jenste Talak Jenste

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Kyyrk Kyyrk

Red walked to the ship that had just landed at the starport. He held a datapad in his hand, and he was being followed by two B1 battle droids. He was in his full armor, but without his helmet. His red hair seemed to shine in the sunlight, and his red eyes scanned the ship. Routine security check, nothing important, kind of tedious. Really, high command didn't have anything for him to do at the moment, so they gave him this chore. Of course, Red didn't argue or complain, as his training back in the genetic labs and his genetic programming forced him to do anything without complaint, and to follow any order. Still, even if he took the assignment without complaint, it didn't mean he liked it. He was meant for special forces missions, for high risk missions! Not these chores. Still, an order was an order.

He examined the ship. Strange, he could sense a presence in the Force, a new one he had never felt before, it felt... different from the other people in the Confederacy. Strange, but he would look into it later. Ah well, if anything happened, he had his lightsaber on his belt, if it came to that, he would use it if necessary.

"Routine security check! Open up!" Red called out.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Kyyrk Kyyrk

As Red called out the ramp had already begun to lower and slowly the it would reveal the sole occupant of the ship. A young woman in her late twenties dawning a cloak that covered her head and her arms but otherwise concealed nothing, beneath the cloak she wore simply a white tunic and long white pants they looked elegant but not extravagant. As the ramp settled to the ground, she ducked her head slightly and exited the ship slowly descending the ramp as she blinked several times while her eyes adjusted to the light. Slowly Taiia began to take in her surroundings, her emerald eyes finally setting on the man in front of her flanked by two battle droids on either side of him she put on her most winning smile as she descended the ramp. The planet was alive with so many people it was overwhelming for her she felt several strong force users even in the near vicinity to her it was like hearing the noise of a city for the first. She gave her undivided attention to him; security types were usually trouble so best to not be distracted and so she did her best to block out the other distractions for now.

"Good afternoon" she consciously brought both hands from beneath the cloak and drew back her hood, to show she was no threat or trying to hide anything, if he was observant he may have gotten a glance of her lightstaff momentarily as she withdrew her hands from the cloak. With the hood fully back, he would be able to get a better look at the woman before him her eyes portrayed an inner strength and her red shoulder length hair framed a young but mature face. She looked him over quite a bit taking in his armor a long with the two battle droids at his side. "Are all your inspections so interesting that you have to wear armor?" she tilted her head to the side slightly as she asked the question.

Two levels above the landing platform the newcomer's vessel set itself upon stood a tall, blue-black metal droid. A clank sounded when her surprisingly heavy foot lifted and propped itself up against the low rise well before Nyx. Where she stood now was not a place for organics. For where she stood now was a carefully chosen location with a clear line of sight at the arriving vessel's loading ramp. A long barrel rifle lowered into position with its scope tied directly into Nyx's visual processors.

The digital display zoomed in instantly as the ramp began to fall. Even when there was a stiff wind from her elevated position, the droid's stance wavered not a millimeter. Currents of air were merely one of several variables plugged into the firing solution of which planned the untimely demise of the newcomer.

When at last the ramp descended and a lone occupant appeared, the reticles of the railgun 'sniper' rifle locked on to Taiia's face.

Several seconds passed as Nyx stood as still as a statue and watched as the woman drew back her food to reveal herself before Red. A moment later the barrel of the rifle snapped up vertically and Nyx stepped back from the low wall. No signs of others on board the intruder's ship. No indication the intruder herself posed a clear and present danger. Nevertheless, the use of unauthorized access codes had drawn attention no matter how well they'd passed initial inspection. The Ministry had grown tired of late seemingly always behind the ball when it came to threats.

After the rifle was slung over her back and magnetically secured, Nyx moved off to the side to make her way down to the deck. Perhaps it would be worth while investigating this lone occupant in person. Understand their purpose there. Uncover the source of their illicit codes.

It would only be a two or so minutes before Nyx approached their position.

Tag: Talak Jenste Talak Jenste | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Kyyrk Kyyrk

"You'll have to forgive him," A voice carried from the shadows, "Recent events have left individuals...on edge." Voph himself seemed to fade into existence as he stepped from the shadows of the entry passage into the harsh light of Geonosis's sun once again. His armor and cloak were dark enough that the shadow seemed to cling to him even after he stepped into the light. But his appearance was even more nuanced than this. Voph's blindfold turned to stare blankly at Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red and he stated simply, "This one is not a threat to us, I do not think. Stay if you wish, but your droids may continue their patrol."

Voph turned back to the newcomer, giving the aura of studying her. His own aura, should the girl be gifted enough to read it, was that of vestiges. His being was well attuned to the Force, but it was shapeless. Formless. Where most kept a distinct profile, either of a paragon, or submitting to the corruption of power, Voph's aura within the force simply...was. Entangled in the vestiges of both light, and dark. In fact, the two could even be said to exist in a duality within the man. "Welcome to Geonosis, little one." It was not immediately clear if this was a reference to the difference in height, or a possible difference in age, as the man did not appear physically to be much older than the girl he addressed. "The heart and soul of the Confederacy of Independent Systems." Voph smiled, though it was obvious as his scarred face twisted that mirth was seldom included in this gesture.

"You may call me Voph. Lord Vizier of our order of Knights Obsidian." Certainly explained the black robes, in a sense. He offered a curt bow of greeting as he said this. He then continued, gesturing to the individual beside him. "This is Red, a member of our Dauntless. The finest fighting force in the Confederacy." Voph's hands clasped in front of him as he turned back to the girl. "Come, let us seek shelter from the oppressive sun. We can speak more of your purpose here, and how we might be of service to one such as yourself."

Tags: Talak Jenste Talak Jenste | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Subject 73 Red

Kyyrk Kyyrk Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Talak Jenste Talak Jenste

Red looked at the person that came out of the ship. She walked down the cargo ramp and stopped in front of him. She pulled out her hands and flipped back her hood. She had red hair like him. Bright red. Hmm. Of course, Red was created to have this hair, so that the scientists in the lab could easily identify him from the other experiments. Of course, her's might be natural too, but it could also be dyed.

Then, she asked him a question. "You would be surprised at the kind of characters we get through here. Besides, I rarely go anywhere without my armor when I'm on duty." He told her.

Then, a voice came from the shadows. Red turned to where the voice the came from. Then, Red saw the one known as Kyyrk Kyyrk come out of the shadows. A member from the Knights Obsidian. Red could have gone with the Knights Obsidian, but Red found them to be out of his liking. Red was made for military, and special forces stuff, so he went into the Dauntless. Voph told him something.
"Yes sir. I'll stay." He nodded. He turned to his droids and motioned for them to leave. "Roger, roger." They said and walked off.

Red turned back to the girl. Voph welcomed her to Geonosis, then he introduced himself, and then he introduced Red. Red was surprised that the man even knew who he was. It wasn't often that a higher up from the Knights Obsidian even knew who Red was. "Nice to meet you." He nodded to the girl when he was introduced.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Kyyrk Kyyrk Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

She turned her head to the approaching voice and fixed her eyes on Voph some might mistake her for staring but she was carefully studying him. he was a contradiction something she had not sensed before Ignoring the appearances and the armor she looked past that at him in the force. She felt like the force was pulling him in two directions, both light and dark yet she didn’t feel it was balance but something else. When finally, he was closer she relented and then offered him a small smile.

“I see. Then I suppose I should be thankful then that the one with the rifle on me was not trigger happy” she let a small smirk curl up on her lips and nodded at the location Nyx had previously been positioned, she hadn’t precisely known where Nyx was but the she knew through the force a threat was in that direction. When he bowed, she returned it and announced herself finally “My name is Taiia Mataan, I am pleased to make your acquaintance Lord Voph. Thank you for the kind welcome.” as he introduced Red she turned toward him and also gave him a bow “Red, pleased to meet you as well, and hopefully you can see I am no such character.” she looked on as Red sent the battle droids away and they began to stomp off in unison. as Voph addressed her once again she turned back. “That sounds lovely, I would like to learn more about Geonosis, of course I have only heard stories”

Nyx calmly closed the distance between her and the new arrival. It didn't take Force Sensitivity to see that Red and Voph had the situation under control. Well, more that the woman had not given them any reason to escalate matters at any rate. What ease the Miralukan male seemed to show Nyx only took as a means to disarm her of concern. Ease the tensions and allow their guest to open up rather than be on guard. It was a good tactic.

Despite having overheard the comment by the woman -- there'd been considerable environment noise in the amplified audio, but it hardly took any time to make out what had been said -- Nyx didn't make any effort to ditch the enormous rifle attached to her chassis. Nothing pointed to her specifically yet. There was no reason to act conspicuous.

"Lord Vizier. Red. Do you require any assistance?" The droid came to a stop, her softly glowing red optics shifted between the men before they turned toward Taiia. "Welcome to Geonosis. I am Nyx." Her cranial unit pivoted to indicate the droid now looked back at the vessel Taiia had arrived in. "Corellian model YT-2400. A reliable line with a significant number of aftermarket customizations available due to its extended production."

Tag:
Talak Jenste Talak Jenste | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Kyyrk Kyyrk

Subject 73 Red

Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Kyyrk Kyyrk

Red nodded when she bowed and introduce herself. A bit dramatic, but bowing was considered a form of greeting among many life forms. That was one of the few social things he was taught in the labs, other than interrogation, integration, and how to blend in. But ever since leaving the labs, he was learning the ways of "normal" people. "Well, you don't seem like the kind of person to me. You seem pretty good to me." He smiled lightly.

Then, someone else came up to them. Geez, how many people had come to meet this person? Red had only come for routine inspection, and then all these others showed up. Wow. This must be pretty important then. Red recognized the person that showed up, it was the droid from the Ministry of Secrets, Nyx, he believed. He had gone on a mission with her before. He was surprised that the droid still remembered his name. He nodded to the droid.
"Nyx. You still remember my name? I haven't seen you in a while." He told the droid.

"Stories of Geonosis? Like what? I haven't heard any of them." He said.

Voph held up a dismissive hand towards Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 in answer to her question. "The situation is well in hand, Nyx. You are, of course, welcome to accompany us if it would make you feel better. Or if you've nothing better to do." Voph led the way, pausing at the door to turn back to Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red as he asked what stories of Geonosis the girl had heard. "You haven't heard them because you were IN them, my good fellow." Voph offered a roguish smile that might have accompanied twinkling eyes, if he had such features. But without further ado, he turned and led the way down into the streets, talking to Taiia as they walked.

"Geonosis has a long and storied history, dating back over a number of centuries. Most of it, I have little business speaking to. But, I think we would be able to find a worth while history that you might read at your leisure." As the group left the hanger bay, Voph waved off a pair of soldiers that stepped forward to join them. Though their armor bore the emblem of the Confederacy, it was not the primary crest, marking them as members of a specific planet. Not to mention they were organic. Voph turned his attention back to Talak Jenste Talak Jenste . "But most of our history is public knowledge, or easily found for a night on the couch. Tell me, what stories do you have, Lady Taiia?" Voph gestured to the girl as he continued, "I can't possibly imagine such a tool is just for show." He of course referred to the lightstaff she held under her cloak. "I daresay you know a thing or two about using it. Unless my judge of character has greatly diminished."

Voph's own blades hung as a pair, displayed openly to either side of his waist. They were unique, with longer hilts than normal, and slightly curved towards the end. Though the design was intricate, and the craftsmanship immaculate, they had clearly seen their share of battles. "And, if I may be so bold, where might a creature like you learn to use a thing like that?"

She turned and inclined her head to Red “Only pretty good?” she smiled warmly and turned back toward Voph and the one he referred to as Nyx. She bowed to Nyx as well and re-introduced herself “Taiia Mataan” before she turned to join Nyx in looking at the ship “Yes it’s a great little ship, this one is a bit more of the off the shelf variety but I will be changing that soon I hope” and with that her attention was once again brought back to Voph and as he started to walk away she followed after coming along side but slightly behind. She kept pace with Voph and allowed her eyes to wander, looking to the guards and nodding to them as they walked past “Indeed you are correct Lord Voph the Jedi Archives have a wealth of knowledge on Geonosis and its history. I had a tendency to annoy the archivists until they finally let me do as I wished for the most part…” as he indicated the lightstaff she just smiled innocently “Oh it’s no secret I am or was a member of the Jedi Order. I grew up in a temple, it’s pretty much the only thing I have known. Let’s just say it was a little more restrictive than I cared for… I had my disagreements, but I kept them to myself. That all changed when I felt the force calling out to me, its call was so strong I could not ignore it. I didn’t even seek the leave of the masters I just left” she laughed “Some might call me a runaway or a rogue Jedi, I feel that following the force is the only correct path. Jedi, Sith who is correct wiser people than me have debated that for longer than I have lived. I am just trying to find my own understanding. I believe that is why the Force has brought me out here”

Nyx regarded Red for a moment. "I remember all sentients. You, however, I recall as an associate. I am glad you are well." It was important to point out that while she was a droid, not all organics were classified the same. Else those she worked with might feel insignificant in her eyes. Obviously this could not be the case as a strange whose face she'd documented held far less significance than someone she worked with. Even if it had only been once, Red was a member of the faction -- there was elevated probability they would work together again in the future.

Voph seemed less taken in my the droid, quite confident he had matters in hand. It was true the man was likely stronger and more capable than the newcomer, but only if appearances were not deceiving. As to gauging the woman's strength in the Force that was something Nyx could not do, and so her estimation of how 'in hand' the circumstances were was not of the same determination as Voph's. They had different datasets. And, more than likely, different priorities.

Taiia Mataan. Changing Ship soon. Archivists. Runaway/Rogue Jedi. Likely Padawan training level. Unlikely a Knight would have spontaneously decided they'd had enough and 'ranaway.' Followed the Force -- likely a self-professed believer in the Living Force, Grey, Neutral, or other ambiguous, ill-defined, or all-encompassing term -- essentially one that did not wish to constrain themselves. Whether they were successful in such lofty ideals was not something Nyx had devoted considerable resources to researching.

How accurate any of the data was only time and research would tell; all the same, the droid documented it meticulously for analysis. Whether things truly were 'in hand' or not, the Ministry wasn't taken in by a cute smile or a professed 'hunger for knowledge.' Then again, the Knights were more occupied with being wary of the CDF than they were concerned of being thought inept -- a matter the Ministry contended with due to circumstances out of their control, but circumstances all the same.

Subject 73 Red

Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Kyyrk Kyyrk Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Voph turned to Red and told him the reason why he hadn't heard them. Wait, was he being serious, joking, or something else? His expression was so enigmatic. It was hard to tell. Why did he have to be so confusing? Red struggled with things like sarcasm and the way "normal" beings joked.

Then, Taiia told Red another thing. "Hey, pretty good is... Well, pretty good." Red scratched his head, as he didn't know a better way to put it. Once again, he was perplexed by so-called "normal" beings.

Nyx then told Red why she remembered him. Well, that was understandable. She was a droid, after all. A very smart one. Besides, she id work for the Ministry, and they know everyone. Then, she did something unexpected. She said that she was glad he was well. Wait... What? Did this droid just say that she was glad to see that he was well? That was... New. Nyx seemed like a very smart droid, almost like a sentient lifeform, too. She could easily pass off as a true life form. "Um... Thank you. Are you just saying that you're glad to see I'm well, or are you actually serious about that?" Red asked.

Then, Voph started walking. Red followed him. Taiia mentioned her lightstaff and explained her past and her current path. "I myself have taken the path of the Jedi," He told her, motioning at his lightsaber on his belt.

Voph nodded quietly as Taiia shared her reasons. Which he understood all too well. But at the same time, it made him wary of her. Jedi were trouble. Even if they claimed to not be a Jedi any more. "In my experience, that was likely a wise decision. Any organization that tells you how to think isn't worth being a part of." Voph glanced at Taiia for a moment as he said this. "Years of war and slaughter for an Empire that would discard me the second I outlived my usefulness saw to that."

There was, however, the matter of her visit. She believed the Force was calling her here. As he glanced at the girl, his head shifted towards Nyx for the briefest of moments, before turning back to 'look' where he was going. Nyx would understand the meaning behind the subtle gesture well enough. Voph had his doubts. Any appearance of acceptance or trust he had was simply a facade. And it was a facade he had perfected over decades. Nyx was not alone in suspecting the girl's motives. "If the Force was calling you here, then it begs the question...why? For what purpose have you been summoned?"

Talak Jenste Talak Jenste | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Taiia looked over at Voph as he spoke, she could feel a sense of apprehension as he spoke about the Empire, it made sense they should be enemies not having a conversation on a planet far from any battle lines. She looked down somewhat as she spoke a touch of sadness in her voice “Nothing quite so drastic for me, my masters were kind and patient in a way I suppose it was nice. But I simply felt there was more for me, I found their positions inflexible and contrary to their own teachings at times”

she paused “I suppose I should probably be more careful who I say such things to but I believe the force called me out here to learn, to find my own path away from the Sith and the Jedi away from the teaching of others I don’t know if it’s my own arrogance as the Jedi would say but I feel the force wants me to learn something here. I have heard masters from time to time speak of the living force or the will of the force. That is what I feel it is that draws me here. Is that strange?” she looked back at Voph and the others around “I guess what I seek is knowledge of the force, that is what brings me here” she finally answered with some certainty talking it out seemed to have solidified it in her mind. Finally she smiled over at Red “Hopefully your journey was not as complicated as mine”

Nyx stared at Red for a moment as he spoke. "I am always serious." Beat. No, one more beat. The droid's humor subroutine was trying. "While I do not possess the true emotional capacity of an organic lifeform, I have spent considerable time attempting to create viable social interaction modules. My decisions may be arrived to in a rational fashion, however I am genuinely interested in your well being." Oh, she knew that was over explaining it. At the same time, Nyx also knew she was a droid and obviously Red was wondering if her programming just told her "say [insert platonic here]." Should she still have not explained it? Little interactions like these helped formulate future responses.

As they walked, Nyx listened to Voph's and Taiia's conversation. Actually, she found it rather intriguing. Did organics not learn by telling others how to think in the first place? Could the transfer of data between droids not be considered telling the other droid how to think? Was there ever truly an self-realizing method of education that would not take a lifetime only to learn the same things someone could have told a person in a far shorter amount of time? In Nyx's own case she'd learned quite a bit on her own, but then she also learned at an accelerated pace compared to most organics. That and she'd downloaded a great deal of information from strange computer systems.

Ah, but Voph was speaking of an organization outside of education Yes, as their conversation progressed that resolved some of the discrepancies.

There was no need to pivot her cranial unit for her optical sensors to get a better view of Voph's subtle gesture. A droid's peripheral view was as outstanding as center-of-frame. This helped frame the entire interaction in a new light. Evidently he too was curious about Taiia's true intentions and allegiances. A prudent man, the interaction so far made more sense in light of his record.

"The majority of sentient, organic lifeforms are by their very natures irrational. This is a natural byproduct of their evolution and the continued value of their survival instincts. Consequentially, they are prone to actions in direct contradiction to their own beliefs, and are capable of holding two irreconcilable beliefs at the same time while seemingly unaware of that paradox. You should not hold this against any you seek to learn from, else you may find it difficult to learn anything from anyone at all," Nyx commented at last. After a second, Nyx added, "I mean no offense."

"Clarification: an electronic intelligence like myself is far less prone to such things, but to date I have not encountered one that truly understands this 'Force' that your kind finds to be an innate -- if immeasurable -- part of the known universe."
A droid would be a trustworthy mentor... if only they knew anything about the subject Taiia was interested in learning.

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

Talak Jenste Talak Jenste Kyyrk Kyyrk Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Red could tell something was up.

Of course something was wrong, it was very visible. Of course, Red couldn't read Nyx's or Voph's body language. Nyx was a droid, and could easily hide er body language, if she even had anything, which made Red not get any visible ques of what she was thinking of, whatever went in that droid's mind. And Voph... Well. Voph was about as skilled as Nyx at hiding it, so Red couldn't even see anything from him either. But he knew something was wrong. Why else would Nyx, a Ministry agent, be here? On this standard arrival? And why would someone like Voph come to a new arrival? It didn't add up, and Red knew something was wrong.

Red listened to Voph's statement. "Wait... Is it... bad to be told what to do? In the genetic labs, we were always taught to follow orders. We were created and raised to follow orders, and be told what to do. It's... all I know, along with him supersoldier and special forces training. Is it bad to be told what to do?" Red asked. He had been taught and raised to follow orders. Has his entire life been wrong?

He looked at Taiia as she spoke. Strange. She seems to be on some sort of... ah... Well, Red didn't know the word for it, as close as Red could come to the word would be; traveling, searching. She seemed to be looking for enlightenment, as many messiahs from many religions have. She told something to Red.
"Nah, it was an easy choice to join the Confederacy. They had a good military, and needed some special forces agents. It was the perfect opening for someone with my skills." He told her.

Then, Nyx told him something. Red blinked at what she said. She really was concerned about his well being? Wow. He didn't expect that from her. Not because she was a droid, but because she was a spy. She seemed... intense, a lot like Red. Still, he was surprised. She always seemed like she was more than a droid, but almost like a sentient life form. "Well... Thank you. I'm glad to see you're alright too." He told her.

Then, Nyx said something else. "No one understands the Force, Nyx. That's the point. It's not about what you're seeking, but the journey. Everyone goes about it their own way. You're not using the journey to understanding the Force to get to enlightenment, but the journey is what teaches you. What you learn on the journey is to help further your understanding. Many life forms have a saying, 'It's not the destination, it's the journey'. This is basically that saying in solid form. Still, the more you learn about the Force, the more you understand how little we don't know about it, and just how much there is." He told Nyx. This day was not going as how he expected it too. He was giving a philosophy lesson to a droid. Well, it still wasn't the weirdest thing he had ever done.

He could still feel that something was off about this meeting. With Nyx from the Ministry and someone as high ranking as Voph coming to meet this new arrival. It put him off. He knew that something might be wrong. He moved his right hand .3 centimeters closer to the pistol on his utility belt. He slowed his pace by .4 of half a second. Two nearly imperceptible moves, all too get Red into a better position. Of course, Nyx would probably notice it, as she was a droid, and Voph might notice it, but he was blind, so it was unlikely.

Today was a weird day.

Last edited:
VophTop.png

Voph arched a brow at Red, turning his head to stare at him over his shoulder. "Something wrong, Red?" Not quite subtle, but casual enough to likely not alert Taiia. Voph disliked working with jumpy types like this. He had to commend the man, however, as his movements were quick and precise, if wholly unnecessary. Voph paused long enough to offer the man a silent warning. Don't do it again. Voph turned and resumed his pace, gesturing to a small cafe they were drawing near. "Come. We can sit, get a drink, and perhaps discuss the results of your visit."

Voph gestured the group towards a small table near the corner by the windowed wall. As he took his seat, he continued the conversation with Taiia. "That does not seem strange in the slightest. The Force and I are one. I need it, and it needs me. Without its guiding influence, I am lost. Without my guiding influence, it is lost." Voph turned his blindfold towards Taiia. "Without the Force to guide me, I would still be adrift among the stars. Assuming I managed the sheer luck to survive the war alone."

Voph folded his hands across his chest. He didn't specify which war. But the tone with which he spoke of it made it sound as though it happened some time ago. His brow furrowed as he thought for a moment, seeming to study Taiia before he came to a decision. "If it is knowledge of the Force you seek, then I would urge you to join the Knights Obsidian. A host of knowledge and teachings would be at your disposal. As a squire, you would be given the chance to learn of our ways, and, perhaps, eventually stand among us as a knight yourself. Perhaps even earn a seat among the Master's Council, if you prove yourself worthy..."

orangbar.png

Taiia turned toward Nyx and regarded her as she spoke, in large part she had remained silent but offering up her opinion on ‘organics’ in and of itself was informative and she nodded “Well Nyx, you are correct in your assessment, we organics do tend to contradict ourselves quite a bit, and no offense taken. You are also correct that if you truly understood the force learning from you would be ideal, but at the same time part of learning is having different experiences, the study of the force is not just academic but experiential as well. That moment when you finally understand, you feel the force as part of you truly for the first time and you reach out and it becomes an extension of you, that cannot be taught by words or books”

With that she turned to address Red she smiled and shook her head gently no “Red, soldiers have a chain of command they must follow, to break that chain command there is usually a punishment correct? Outside of the military there is usually no such punishment for separating one’s self from a group, in my case the worst of it would be my status would be considered rogue or exiled. Likely nobody would ever come after me, unless I were to become a threat.“ then as Red addressed Nyx she nodded in agreement.

“You are correct Red it is about the journey it is our experience with the force that is the best teacher, simply learning about it from a book or a master is not ideal.” She turned back toward Voph at that point and that is when she felt Red move only slightly, not threatening really but an unnecessary move all the same and when Voph called out to Red that confirmed it. Still she felt no danger, so she let it pass and followed Voph into the café, Taiia took her seat across from Voph and listened to all he had to say. She felt mystery behind his words but left that for another time, what he said next surprised her infinitely more and she inclined her head “Just like that you would let somebody join you who you barely know? I mean I am not saying no, but are you sure?” she paused for a moment, quite unsure what to say so she did what she knew to do and she shut her eyes and just listened to the force. The one thing force related she excelled at was meditation and she knew how to listen to the will of the force and she could feel her being drawn to the knights obsidian to Geonosis. This was where she needed to be, the next stop on her journey. Finally she opened her eyes and nodded “I accept”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom