Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Helping Hand - OP Dominion of Zonju V

Confirmed your majesty, clear a path!!!

Nyos turned the engines on full, rocketing towards the Siege Tower. MD was still working over the two passengers. The pod would need to be disposed of before allowing any passengers. As he entered the atmosphere, MD opened the bay doors and pushed the pod out over a cliff. The ground beneath the ship appeared to be tearing itself apart, he was able to witness trees being swallowed into the ground.

The Phoebus landed on the perimeter nearest the other transports, and with the bay doors open, Nyos ran out, pack in hand and located a meeting point. Nyos called out for anyone able to walk under their own power to head for his ship. Anyone in need of immediate care will be taken to the surgery station. I will stay as long as I can, I can grab around 50 walking wounded and 10 criticals. HURRY!!! MOVE NOW!!

This is 2nd Lieutenant Nyos Val, requesting clearance to deposit wounded onboard. I have a dozen critically wounded and two dozen others. Any carrier with the room, I need clearance for any ship. I will be leaving atmosphere in 5 minutes. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Out...

Nyos turned in time to see a wall from a local building begin to topple down over a few civilians. Nyos ran through the crowd at top speed, over crumbling ground and rubble. As the broken pieces closed in on the civilians below, Nyos snatched up the whole group in one go. The rubble crashed harmlessly were the civilians once stood. Nyos guided them back towards his ship. He was loosing his footing with every step, the surface won't last much longer.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
The speed of the ground’s collapse had been terrifying. One moment she had been talking on the comm, the next she was falling.
She flailed with her hands as she slid down the fissure, the commlink vanishing. She caught hold of a jutting bar of metal and hung for a second. Unfortunately, the piece of metal was already bent, and worse, was sharp edged, so as she struggled to hold on bright blood seeped from her palm.

And then, she fell…and stopped. Someone was there, grabbing her and hauling her up. She clutched at her rescuer and fell onto safe ground on top of…Corporal @[member="Kaida Taldir"].

Hyperventilating a little, she fought to bring herself under control. “T-thank you, Kaida. Oh Goddess,” she said, looking at the pit.
Shakily she stood. More of the planet was falling apart, and soon she and Kaida might be isolated as all fell in ruin around them.

“Get me a gunship ASAP!” she yelled. She’d lost her comm, so she held out her hand for Kaida’s.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

In such a situation who better to save our two lovely space elves than everyone's favourite anti-hero, sociopathic soldier, potential HRD, all-around queen? Admittedly Moira was mainly here to save Anya. She was the Crown Princess of Kaeshana and according to unimpeachable sources her bosses' occasional bed partner.

By contrast Corporal Kaida Taldir did not count that much! What with being a grunt and all, so she was expendable. Nonetheless in this climactic movement the Gunship swooped down out of the sky, while buildings fell apart around it. Fissures were ripped into the ground, civilians and some soldiers flailed as they pushed into the pit, falling down to a painful death, their screams echoing across the port. The control tower keeled over and collapsed with a loud thud, sending clouds of smoke rising up into the air, so thick it was choking.

As the Gunship came in low the hatch opened for the elves to embark before they too would fall. "Come with me if you want to live," Moira had totally been waiting the whole thread and perhaps longer to say that line!

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Val-ient Cyborg"]
Well it was scramble to get everyone to safety all around, HK transmitted to Nyos
"Nyos! The Siege Tower is full, there is still room aboard the Solomon and whatever Moira is flying, the Dominatrix or however she calls it."
Meanwhile, the shuttle HK was traveling in swooped low towards the crumbling ground of the planet, few more joined it as the hatches opened and HK jumped out, calling out to the escaping civillians
"Jump in!"
He grabbed one of the children, hoping them aboard the shuttle one by one.
Save as much as possible, no matter the cost
When he was done in the area, HK jumped aboard the ship, lifting off with others, the area cleared from civilians, as the ground rumbled and structures shook
"This is a chaoshole."
The droid muttered

@[member="Anya Venari"]

All hell had broken loose. If Kaida had still been mystically inclined, she might think the wrath of Ashira had been called down upon the planet. It certainly sounded like holy trumpets were resounding, but this was all the work of nature. She went down as Princess Anya clutched and then fell on top of her, the Corporal falling to the hard ground like a limp doll. In any other situation this might have been the moment to make some corny innuendo about the Princess being on top, but the urgency of the situation forbid this.

She shook slightly as she arose, staggering a bit as yet another building fell, debris hitting the ground they were standing on. "Corporal Taldir...we need a..." she all but yelled into the comm but in this moment the Gunship swooped down and she heard the dull monotone of Moira. In any other circumstance Kaida would have hated the woman, but right now she grabbed Anya by the shoulder and quickly ran with her, dragging her up into the Gunship, just as yet another fissure was ripped into the ground.

Nyos ran back onto his ship, packed full of injured and frightened civilians. Having secured the bay doors and the wounded, Nyos lifted off just in time as the ground beneath him fell like sand. MD reported that the child from the pod was awake. She appeared to be alright, but Nyos would need to inspect her under more stable conditions.

@[member="Moira Skaldi"] I request permission to dock onboard, I have wounded that need evac and attention. I will wait in orbit for a response. Out.

Nyos guided the Phoebus towards the gathered Omega crafts. As he neared an isolated location, he stopped and went to check on the girl and the female Twi'lek Nyos had found in the pod.

How is she MD? And the woman?

The girl is fine, just dazzed. The woman hasn't respond, life signs are normal and stable. The are bearing no markings of a crew, planet, or organization.

Nyos walked up to the girl, she had light brown hair pulled back into a now frizzed ponytail. Her hazel eyes portrayed her fear, yet, for her young age, she looked like she had seen her fair share. Hello young lady, My name is Nyos, what is your name?....

@[member="Nyos Val"]

Since Moira was currently busy 'heroically' - admittedly she would probably give anyone who said it was heroic a lecture on why it was just expedient while looking impassively - saving Kaida and Anya, Nyos' message was received by Lieutenant Broderick, the closest thing to an XO aboard her ship, meaning that from Moira's perspective he was endowed with slightly higher intelligence than the average minion.

"Second Lieutenant, you're cleared to land. Medics will be on the spot," he spoke into the comm, "Best make sure this goes orderly or Skaldi will have our heads," he muttered to himself after the comm was switched off.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya did want to live…quite a lot…so she jumped aboard the gunship with @[member="Kaida Taldir"] as the ground finally gave way beneath them.
Speeding into the air they could see the city of Zoronhed finally start to come apart and fall into ruin.

2012-movie-stills14_148880071.jpg

Anya turned away. “Do we have a count of how many people we got off the planet? @[member="Noah Corek"] what is your situation? You need to get off world as soon as possible, this planet is falling apart very quickly!”

@[member="Anya Venari"], @[member="HK-36"]

As the city came apart by the seams and collapsed into ruin the Gunship, piloted by Moira, sped into the air, quickly gaining in speed and being steered by her with unerring accuracy, dodging any debris that was hurled up by the strong whirlwind.

"A substantial portion of the population has been evacuated, mainly in the city, no clear count yet, but the media will laud this action. Siege Tower is filled with the brig. You took great risks with your life, Princess," Moira responded in her usual emotionless voice, ignoring Kaida who was hanging around near Anya.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Anya Venari"] @[member="Moira Skaldi"]
"Pinned down! Those gunships Skaldi sent are thinning 'em out,but there is still coming in droves! Alpha 1-2 just finished the evac and from what I've been catching,me and my boys are the last ones on the planet! So a pickup sure would be appreciated!" Noah yelled over the comm as he and his squad of six continued to pour bolts and bullets down range into the gangsters.

"Can't you talk like a normal person," Kaida muttered to herself when she heard Moira's unemotional, inflectionless monotone. Somehow the woman just gave her the creeps, even more so than Kerrigan. The Colonel was just nuts after all. She held on for dear life as the Gunship accelerated at a rapid speed and spun wildly when debris was hurled its away by a whirlwind. Beneath them the city was falling apart, buildings and people sinking into the abyss, anyone whom they had not saved would be dead now.

Nyos placed a finger on his ear as he listened to the incoming transmission. Affirmative, I will do my best not to anger madam Skaldi.

He turned back to the girl with an outstretched metal hand, If you would young lady, I would like for you to help me fly this into dock. Can you do that?

My name is Merina. She spoke with a smile at the proposition of piloting the ship.

Well then Merina, he said with a smile as he guided her to her seat in the cockpit, or shall I call you 1st mate Merina, please take your seat.

Merina took the seat next to the pilots. Nyos turned the ship towards their destination and let Merina fire the engines. Alright 1st mate, take us out at half speed.

As they neared and docked, Merina had a huge smile the whole way. The bay doors to the dock opened and the medical staff on standby rushed in to help the wounded. Nyos looked at Merina, Would you like to help some of these people? I could use the extra hands.

Merina just nodded, and Nyos led her to the first patient. A man with a concussion and a nasty gash on his arm. Nyos began addressing his arm and Merina ran a cool rag over his forehead. The man thanked this little girl for her help, and she smiled in return.

While these harrowing events transpired and Zonyu was ripped apart by the powers of nature, it might be of interest to note what Siobhan Kerrigan had been doing on far away Fondor. Much to her chagrin the Colonel was spending her time in her office going over reports. There was always something - Bando Gora raids, Scutarii slavers, training drills, invasion scares. Ever since she had taken her position in Omega Industries she was also being flooded with proposals about new designs. She smiled slightly when she read through the proposal for the rail tank. Sure the power requirements were daunting, but it should pack a nice shot. Now the higher-ups just needed to listen to her.

Still Siobhan could not concentrate as she went through the large stack of datapads. She should be out there...doing something. The paperwork relating to her Battalion was tedious, it bored her. An accident with a Peregrine - they still had those! And she certainly was not appearing for an interview again or holding a speech for new recruits from Corellia. A new design...she grimaced and shook her head, a tank that big would never get approved in the Factory!

At this moment the door opened and her ever loyal and occasionally trolling secretary Mara strode in, placing a steaming hot caf on Siobhan's desk. "Your caf prepared exactly to your specifications, Colonel. We've just received a report from the Loki. As you requested to be alerted about any developments."

"Thanks." Siobhan looked impatient, immediately putting a datapad about some incident where an Eldorai pyromaniac had gotten into a tussle with a male ODF soldier for refusing to give up his seat, away. "Well, then out with it. What's the situation?"

Mara looked a bit taken aback at the hard tone but complied. "The planet's being ravaged by quakes, the main city is falling apart, ma'am. But it seems the evacuation was largely successful. Our team is pulling out."

Siobhan looked relieved then frowned. "What about Anya?"

"Apparently supervising the evacuation to the last. Skaldi reports she is well."

"Oh, well, if Skaldi says it," Siobhan muttered to herself, her distrust of the woman was clearly evident, though deep down she felt relieved that her friend seemed safe. "Princess is too bloody noble and honourable for her own good."

"Well, she is a Princess after all, ma'am. Being that can't be all fun and games, as entertaining as that is. Besides, I hear a certain Colonel took on a talking Warthog and a tank column once," Mara reminded her happily, sitting down on the edge of Siobhan's desk and crossing her legs.

"That was different! And I did not fight them entirely alone, only nobody seems to get that," Siobhan insisted, gripping her cup tight and taking a sip. The cup was still steaming hot but she did not care about the burn it caused. "I should be out there."

"Of course, ma'am. My apologies for goetting. But I doubt your powers could do much against earthquake."

"Well, there might be gangsters to kill there," Siobhan protested lamely. "Besides, there might be a dragon or a thresher maw or something!"

"Or Sith Killer Ewoks might show up and steal Skaldi's ship," Mara snarked. When Siobhan made her face she just looked innocently. "I would not underestimate the little furries. They did beat the Empire's finest legion after all."

"Don't tell that to Sergeant Martin. I prefer cannibalistic Gungans. Alright, fine, what's on the agenda now?" Siobhan demanded, apparently bowing to the inevitability of paperwork.

"Well, there is the dispatching of advisers to Kaeshana that requires your attention and the Scutarii raiders have become..."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya looked down at the wreck below her. "We did what we could," she said simply.
The message from @[member="Noah Corek"] was worrying. "We are diverting two transports to you, Lieutenant. Get on board as quickly as you can."

Below them the ground trembled and quaked further. Great fissures opened into the ground, and in some of them the glow of lava could be seen.

It was as she looked down gloomily at the ruin there came a message from Doctor Irwin Gand on board the Solomon.
"Princess! We've found something fascinating," he declared.
"Oh really?" Anya asked suspiciously.
"Yes, the fissures are all coming from a central point! There's a location about thirty kilometres north of you which seem to be the epicentre!"
"Give us the coordinates and we'll do a fly over."

Anya looked at @[member="Moira Skaldi"] and Kaida Taldir. "We're going north to look at this."
"@[member="Nyos Val"] good work with the medical teams," she added as they sped away.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Anya Venari"] @[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="Moira Skaldi"]
"Thanks,princess!" Noah told Anya as he popped up and put a slug through a gangsters head that was a few meters away. No sooner than Anya had said that,two shuttles came by and Noah directed the civvies into one as he and his men covered them. After the twenty or so civvies had piled in,Noah saw a small child slip and fall on the loose dirt,the gangsters saw and opened fire on the small child. Noah quickly ran over and shoved the kid in the shuttle. After that the other shuttle landed and the soldiers hopped in. "Princess,we're clear."

@[member="Anya Venari"]

"Ash to ashes," Moira spoke softly. Beneath them the planet was dying, entropy was setting in. The ground was ripped open and one could see the glow of hot lava. Soon nothing of the city would be left standing. Moira looked grim, but then that was her usual expression. Then the scientist, finding the entire experience entirely fascinating - Moira could actually emphasise there - called in, giving them the exciting news.

"There is a high probability that this will be ill-advised," Moira spoke, for some reason this still gets pointed out, impassively, but then she figured she was destined to be the Cassandra on this one. After all, far as she was concerned the Protectorate had saved enough people to look humanitarian.

HK-36

Spotting a group of survivors on one of the barely holding roofs, HK lowered down with his transport.
The structure trembled and shook as the survivors were ushered onto the shuttle, the last of them, a wounded woman fell down as the roof shook dangerously.
HK jumped out from the shuttle, picking her up and tossing her over to soldiers, ready to catch her and pull her into safety of the craft.

HK send a transmission to @[member="Anya Venari"],
"Princess, this is Iron Knight, we are still picking up remote groups of survivors in the city, what are our next obje-"
The crack was heard once more as HK tried to carefully step back to the shuttle, looking down at his feet he saw the surface collapsing underneath him, a rift of rock and lava far beneath him.
"Oh you got to be kharkin-"
He did not even finish as the roof collapsed under him, and he was seen falling in beneath it, trying to cling to something.

Nyos and Merina worked extensively on as many victims they could. Merina was a natural, and followed Nyos closely as he moved from patient to patient.

MD was still working on the Twi'lek woman. She was as of yet, unresponsive. Nyos had finished the last in his line and went to check on MD and the woman, Merina close behind. As he neared, he scanned her vitals and noticed a glitch around the neural center of her brain, what Nyos guessed was placed there to keep her sedated. He would need to get it out, or something." Someone see if Doctor Anemone is around. "

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya glared irritably at @[member="Moira Skaldi"]. The bleeding obvious was clearly Moira's thing today. Still, it didn't do to annoy someone like that.
"Most of the things we do are inadvisable," she said dryly. "Pilot, hit it!"

As she passed over she saw the gleaming figure of @[member="HK-36"] falling. Frowning, she looked to @[member="Kaida Taldir"]. "Get down there and help him get the last people out, and help get HK out safely. Then get into space yourself. I'll go with Agent Skaldi to the epicentre."

She received the good news from @[member="Noah Corek"]. "Good work, Lieutenant, now get yourself out of there. Have any wounded treated as quickly as there's spaces."

HK-36

@[member="Anya Venari"]
HK caught a portion of the wall in the last moment, pulling himself up the vertical segment, he began to climb it as that also started to crumble.
The wall began to tip over under weight of the droid as he attempted pull himself up higher and then stand when the wall segment began to tilt.
"I hate this mission so much!"
The droid called out as he began to run as the segment accelerated to crush down.
Fortunatelly, his shuttle began hovering around, its ramp lowered so that HK could get in, soldiers ushering him in.
In the last moment before the segment broke off and crumbled down, HK jumped, pushing himself off with his powerful legs and repulsorlifts, gliding into the shuttle with a thud and slight jerk of the vehicle itself as the soldiers pulled him deeper in and the ramp closed quickly
"Let us get out of here!"
He called out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom