Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Helping Hand - OP Dominion of Zonju V

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
It began, like so many things, with a bang.

Unlike most stories involving the Protectorate however, this was not the bang caused by the weapons of an invading horde. Rather, it was the bang caused by a falling building.

Earthquakes shook the remote world of Zonju V. It was a non-descript planet in many ways, famous only for the brief adventures of a certain Jaden Korr many centuries before. This ambiguously gendered Jedi had fought generic goons in a rather exciting speeder chase. Aside from that the planet was famous for nothing other than being in the arse end of the galaxy.

The first earthquake was bad, the second was worse, and the third was terrible. Something very bad was happening to Zonju V. In the circumstances, the 15,000 settlers turned to the only people who could help them…the Omega Protectorate.

The call went out for all those on Fondor who had skills in engineering, piloting and rescue to assemble. They would be going in a volunteer capacity…though they’d be well paid volunteers naturally!

They would be led by Exarch Alcori’s chief aide and Crown Princess of Kaeshana; Anya Venari.

@[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Noah Corek"] @[member="Racket"] @[member="Karen Roberts"] @[member="Anemone Nivalis"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Anya Venari"]
If there was one word someone could use to describe Lieutenant Noah Corek,that word would be Kind. 90 percent of the time,Noah donated all of the credits he didn't need for essentials like food,clothes and bills,to multiple charities across the galaxy. So when Noah heard the call to help the isolated planet of Sonju V,Noah didn't only volunteer himself,but he volunteered the Solomon,her entire crew and the entirety of the First Sniper company to help with the evacuation of the planet. He was currently sitting in the captains chair waiting for orders.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

"Get a move on, Corporal. I've got an assignment I'm sure you're dying to volunteer for. All your complaining about being underutilised has finally paid off!" Kaida's sergeant, a wiry female Zabrak, declared just a bit too gleefully just as Kaida had gotten out of rifle drilling. The past few days with her platoon had been filled with the monotonous tedium of drill, practice and even more drill.

"Oh, great," Kaida said cheerily. "Who is it I get to freeze this time? Reavers - they're everywhere, after all and I never got to face any - Dashdae Sciians? Pirate hordes? The latter is getting a bit redundant by now, not that my repertoire for poetic justice has been exhausted."

The Sergeant, who had more than a few battles under her belt, as the vicious scars and the damage to her horn showed, shook her head, grinning just a bit sadistically. The sound of bolter fire, grenades being thunked out and exploding loudly, could be overheard in the distance.

"Ah, the enthusiasm of youth to go out and inflict deadly violence for totally valid reasons. What is the world coming to today? I blame Game of Stars and Liberation of Bespin. Everyone wants to drop ceilings like the Colonel these days!" Of course the Sergeant was a known enthusiast for explosions, like pretty much everyone in Omega Pyre it seemed sometimes. "I hate to disappoint, but you get to fight natural disasters."

Kaida looked perplexed when it seemed her dreams of martial glory and icing annoying people were dashed. "What do you mean? Are the Bando Gora throwing asteroids around now?"

"I'm sure one day our heinous enemies will drop a moon somewhere, but no. You're going to Zonyu V. It's being wrecked my earthquakes, so you're gonna help evacuate the civvies. I'm sure you'll manage a couple days without blowing things up. No worries, you'll get paid well."

"Quakes? Fun! My apartment could use redecorating. I'll be right there."

"Do try not to freeze all the 'annoying malelings' you come across."

Kaida made a face. "Even if they deserve it?"

"Just slap them or something. Or freeze them if they're rioters or steal our ships. Now get going. Her Highness Princess Anya's in charge, so no fear about a roof dropping on you!" the Sergeant slapped her on the shoulder, with such force she was knocked back a bit.

"No, just earthquakes. I really should pay heaven a visit and complain to Ashira about giving me power over the wrong element" Kaida grumbled to herself, then grabbed her equipment and swiftly departed for the hangar bay where the task force was assembling after having received the coordinates, off onto her noble venture to save the people of Zonyu V. While sexist, xenophobic and a bit annoying at times, she was not the Butcher of Contruum and thus willing to volunteer to help, especially since she was getting paid. Presumably they would end up using violence, since there would be looters and rioters. But surely nothing could go wrong!

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan had found the time to see Anya, her friend, occasional lover and permanent troll off and while the task force was assembling in a hangar bay of the Omega Pyre Tower. "So...you're going off into a disaster zone with quakes? You remember that chat we had about heroics and honour back on Kaeshana. You're not holding true to your own word, I'm getting mixed signals. Just because I'm not allowed to charge off and be heroic doesn't mean you should!" Siobhan said sardonically, chuckling and giving the Eldorai a light swat on the shoulder as she limped through a corridor towards the hangar.

Perhaps Siobhan had rubbed off more on Anya than she thought or she had developed a taste for heroic stunts back on Kaeshana "I'd talk you out of this, but that doesn't seem to work on space elves! Do come back, Your Highness. I'd miss your trolling otherwise."

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="Noah Corek"] @[member="Anya Venari"]
MEANWHILE ABOARD THE SIEGE TOWER
The vessel, holding exploratory squads of Iron Knights, Iron Company, and the Bladedancers, was floating throughout the space, conducting one of its routine patrols.
HK was aboard, of course, sitting on his captain's chair sideways, his feet dangling off of one of the armrests as he was propping his head with his elbow on the other arm rest, his yeoman standing next to the chair at attention, HK was conducting his captain's duties
"I spy with my little photoreceptors something that is glowing.."
His yeoman had the face that could only be described as "Grand Avatar of Boredom" she muttered out
"Star, sir?"
HK nodded
"Indeed so, a star, you are right again, and we are tied at 172 victories each, it is your turn, yeoman."
She sighted and as she was about to ask for something glowing once more the communications officer called out
"Sir! We picked up a summon from the Crown Princess of Kaeshana, we are being volunteered to help Zonju V recover from natural disaster, shall we answer?"
HK straighten up in his chair, sitting properly
"Indeed we will! Sound out preparation alarm, time for some excitement."
At those words the whole crew gave out a sigh of relief

HK glanced slightly to his communications officer
"Send out transmission to the rest of the First Battalion, see if anybody needs a lift, also, contact those mercenaries we came upon on our patrol, something tells me we could use their services."
He then looked to his Yeoman
"Plot course to rendezvous point and full ahead."

"Yessir"
She answered with a smirk

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
“At least I’m not taking on the entire Sith army and a talking warthog like some humans I could mention,” Anya pointed out.
“I’ll be fine, it’s just a rescue operation. What could go wrong?” She paused and frowned. “Okay, about 479 things could go wrong, and probably will, but that’s no excuse! I’ve got to go.”
She gave @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] a kiss and headed back to the dock.

She received a message from @[member="HK-36"] who had contacted them to let her know that he was available. That was good.
“HK, nice to hear your soothing metallic drawl again. If you don’t mind I’ll come aboard and you can be our main transport. We need to act quickly before anything else bad happens.”

HK-36

@[member="Anya Venari"]
ABOARD THE SIEGE TOWER
HK nodded as he received Anya's transmission
"Please, Crown Princess, keep your flirtations to when we are done with the mission, preferably in a state where there is a void of clothing."
His crew chuckled out as he kept going with the response
"And I can be your main transport anytime."
The crew on HK's deck stopped then as they all at once slowly turned to look at him, he cut off the transmission, yelling out to them in response
"Not like that!"

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Shortly after Princess Anya entered the docking bay and entered into communications with HK Kaida rushed in, fully kitted out with her gear and ready to heroically go and save the poor people of Zonju while quakes ripped the planet apart. Her mood seemed to have brightened by the fact that her fellow Eldorai would be leading the mission.

If it were Kerrigan...well, she would probably make the earthquake unnecessary when it came to wrecking the planet. "Your Highness, greetings. I hear you're leading this noble venture. Well, since I'm feeling heroic and noble I've signed up," she spoke. Anya was a Crown Princess again, so as much as Kaida disliked royalty it felt right to address her like that again.

Besides as a fellow exile and with her actions on Kaeshana she had shown she was worth more than the other useless aristos, even alas she had not become Queen. Moreover, garrison duty was terribly boring.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Solomon
@[member="Noah Corek"]

Lieutenant Noah Corek was a designer. And a darn fine one at that. A skill that had not gone unnoticed by Corellia's second finest researcher. (Ayden's goatee still holding first place) ...Indeed, Karen Roberts was aboard The Solomon for an unscheduled inspection of duty. The Jedi Peacock herself had come to take notes and hopefully make praises of the ship and her staff. An official SAAT report would follow shortly.

From the flight deck she tapped her com,

~ "Lieutenant Corek. This is Commander Roberts on F Deck. Command has just acknowledged your request via terminal and we are requested to Zonju V immediately. Mission Commander Anya Venari has the ball. We proceed at your discretion. Roberts out." ~

The relief mission was now underway. Karen smiled and continued her browsing's. Everything was excellence so far. If Corek did well in his command for this mission, she was sure to submit a golden report. Ooo. Was that an espresso machine? Delicious.

"WHeere the FRaCk?!!!" came a screeching voice from within the engines of a crumby ship which looked like too many credits had been pumped into it. The damn thing was a beauty at this point with a shell of old metal and good memories. Sparks flew around his face. Like he cared though. A spot on the connector wasn't what he would accept as good enough. Coming from Racket that was saying something. "BuuuuuuRppp!!!!!" The booze in his system was helping control his temper but also making it worse. The weird combination now had become the driving force of his arm holding a wrench and thrusting it back and forth against the annoying piece of metal. A welding torch blew to life in his other arm while he continued his onslaught.

30 minutes later

Sitting comfortably in the captains seat fingers ran across the five screens in front of him. All of which were running diagnostic checks on the ship. Everything was ready to go. Every credit Pyre had sent his way had been pumped into mechanics and alcohol. Nothing like a paid vacation after Mandalore. "BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!" a small box scanned into screen two with a crap ton of info. Bringing it up took longer than his eyes to scan all of the info. "TeLl tHE hoT ReDhEaDS We'Re ReaDY ANd oN oUr WaY!" "BEEP BEEP BEEP!" "FrAcK YoU. SEnD ThE MeSsAgE!!!!"

Lifting through the sky was a cake walk right before he punched the throttle only meters from the surface of Fondor. He'd probably receive some hell for that decision late. Screw it! Hyper drive was faster than he could have imagined after months of steady work. "HAhahAhHAHahahHaHAh yYYYyyEESsSssSSsSS!!!!!!!!"
@[member="Cira"], @[member="HK-36"], @[member="Anya Venari"], @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], @[member="Kaida Taldir"], @[member="Noah Corek"]

"Good luck, Any. Don't imitate me too much!" Siobhan watched as Anya departed, part undoubtedly oggling her rear, part looking concerned. Mercy missions were not her cup of tea, after all she was Mistress Earthshaker, woman-shaped battering ram, but part of her felt like she should be out there. Instead of hanging back. After all, there would surely be criminal scum trying to disrupt things, rioters and looters taking advantage of the chaos. Her lightsabre might be needed.

But...she had been pulled out of the field work for the time being. She had made a promise to Tegaea and in any case she was far from fit at the moment. So she turned away, limping back towards the turbolift that would take her up.

She had...paperwork to attend to. At least it meant she would be closer to Tegaea, who might need some release after yet another tedious meeting with her executive council!

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@[member="Karen Roberts"]
"Commander Roberts,I wasn't uhhh aware that you were onboard the Solomon,ma'am. But I digress,I'll set course for Sonju V ASAP."
Noah told Karen as he turned his com off. "Lok,why wasn't I informed Commander Roberts was aboard?"
"She explicitly said that you were not be informed." Lok said as she worked at her station typing in commands to the rest of the crew.
Noah sighed as he rubbed between his eyes. "2nd Lieutenant,if anyone comes aboard MY ship. I don't care what their rank is,you inform me." Noah said as he stood and walked out,not even bothering to wait for a reply.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
“I’ll be sure to lose only one limb, dear,” she told @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] with a smile. She bowed and left.

On board the Siege Tower she met up with @[member="Kaida Taldir"]. The younger Eldorai looked as fresh and eager as normal.
“I’m glad you have. It’s too easy to become cynical about this. What’s important is that we are going to help people,” said Anya virtuously. For all her snark she was a Princess, and it was built into her that her responsibility was to help people. After all, a monarch who merely took and gave nothing back was unthinkable.
Or rather, because she wasn’t naïve, it was thinkable, but she didn’t want it.

As well as the Siege Tower they seemed to have @[member="Noah Corek"] and @[member="Karen Roberts"] going with them. This was good. Together they should have the ability to evacuate the people.

“It’s about five hours to Zonju,” she told @[member="HK-36"]. “When we get there I’ll go down with you, get an idea of the situation, and then shuttle people to safety. It’s going to be quite dangerous, I feel. Be ready.”

@[member="HK-36"], @[member="Anya Venari"]

"I'll keep that in mind, Highness," Kaida said earnestly. Perhaps it was the enthusiasm of youth, but she was had been less afflicted by the cynicism that normally infected this writer's characters. Or possibly this was due to the fact that she had not been maimed yet. The revelation of her people's dirty little secret and her disillusionment with the pompous aristos of her homeworld had hardened her, but at heart she had kept her good-natured outlook.

"Even the quakes are hitting us and total chaos breaks out. Still it's a tremendous change of pace that we aren't causing explosions. Reavers were getting boring," she spoke more to herself. She was not at all breaking the 4th wall with this comment. "I'll go with you."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Solomon

With roughly five hours between her and their arrival to Z5, Karen opted to busy herself with shuttle duty. She shadowed and observed the pilot and the flight mechanic as they went about their duties. Occasionally pulling them aside to discuss specifics in preparation and technological expertise. Being a pilot herself with over a dozen sorties under her belt, Karen was surprised to discover that she could still learn new things about flying. Both the pilot and the shuttle mechanic knew their stuff. Each had a wonderful story to tell of how they received that skill set too. Truly, Omega Pyre recruited only the best.

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
@[member="Noah Corek"]

Basaba had come aboard to help fight and was one of the few there not looking happy. She hated flying and even more she hated the wait. Right now all she wanted to do was find an enemy and snap his neck but compared to some of the things they all did these Omega soldiers were different. Now she just remained with her clipped on her belt shining black on black with scratches across it of silver. Her gauntlets were not standard issue but crushgaunts had a far better feel to them when she got in close and after the infected having the strength enhancement to crush bones with ease was more then worth it. "Se'cuy Noah be aliit Omega, Alor Basaba a'den be aliit Omega."

HK-36

@[member="Anya Venari"] @[member="Kaida Taldir"]
"Roger that, Crown princess, we will meet you at randevous point and sent a shuttle with flowers for you."
HK sent back in transmission as the Siege Tower made its hyperspace jump, heading towards the meeting point where they would join Anya's forces
HK looked back to his Yeoman
"Have the Khazund responded?"
Yeoman nodded
"Yessir, they accepted the job."
HK nodded
"Good."
He looked towards the viewing port as he added in
"Then we know who will deliver those flowers with the shuttle."
The Yeoman smirked

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Five hours passed quite quickly for Anya. Some might have slept or meditated, but she instead painted. It was an off hobby perhaps, but she had an artistic eye for things, and was very good at Classical Eldorai art of the Divyani Period. It basically involved the art of pictures within pictures, a mosaic of sorts making up many smaller and larger pictures.

When the time came and the ship was about to emerge from hyperspace she covered it with a cloth and got dressed, clearing the paint off her hands.

Then she emerged onto the bridge of the Siege Tower. It was time.

“Baron @[member="HK-36"], let us begin. Shields up…I don’t expect trouble, but I prefer being paranoid to being dead.”

@[member="Anya Venari"], @[member="HK-36"]

For her part Kaida spent her time reading. The five hours were more than sufficient for her to finally finish 'A Canticle for Leibowitz' and make some significant progress with 'The Sith Empire and the Quest for an Emperor', which detailed the various failed attempts of the Sith on this period to finally find a leader who would lead them to greatness, planet destroying and force draining, all the good things any decent Sith liked.

When the hours had passed and the time came, she packed the books away in a bag, gathered her weapons and followed Princess Anya onto the bridge. While not as paranoid as Kerrigan and certainly not as the Butcher of Contruum, but then nobody organic could be as paranoid as her, she had learned to expect trouble. "Better safe than sorry," she commented.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
@Anya Venari, @HK-36 @[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="Basaba Willamina"] @[member="Karen Roberts"]
While others might read or paint or do things Noah consider 'unproductive',Noah spent his time making sure that his weapons,armor and the weapons and armor of the entire company,was operating at peak performance. "Sir,we're almost there. I estimate we have five minutes before we drop out of hyperspace." Noah hear Lok's voice come over the intercom as he finished checking the last of the new OPR-2 Blaster Rifles,that Noah had designed himself.

"Good,bring up our shields,just in case." Noah said as he set the rifle down and grabbed his own weapons. A Corek Spec Ops Rifle Mk.I,his dual DL-88 Heavy Blaster Pistol,a Standalone GL-203 Grenade Launcher and his dual cortosis weave vibroblades. After he put them on a table,Noah walked over and dawned a suit of Corek Custom Heavy Armor No.1 and put on the fully enclosed helmet and activated the HUD and walked towards the hangar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom