Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Healing Retreat

[member="Maiev"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

While Maiev and Kalax were being adorable, Siobhan was helped into her dress by Harmony. Subsequently the dark skinned servant girl stepped back, though she remained in reach. She was nice to look at, but Siobhan was more focused on trying to move her foot than on drinking in the eye candy. Unsurprisingly, the changes were not earth-shaking yet, despite the raven-maned witch's very nimble fingers and soothing balms.

"Alright. Still numb," Her foot was resistant to movement as ever. She also had very little feeling, if any...but more than before. Her toes moved slightly. Not much, but somewhat. "I can wiggle my toes a bit," the Countess sounded astonished. Feeling a little bold, she tried to move her foot and stand up. This would almost definitely not work out.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Maiev"]

Tegaea was surprised, amazed even that her wife was able to acquire any movement or feeling after a single application. She saw the toe wiggle and let out a little cheer.

But then Siobhan had to go and take it to 11. She rushed forward and took her wife’s hand for when she inevitably tried…and failed…to stand up instantly.

“You never were too patient, were you, love?” she commented wryly.

She looked to Maiev. “Will further applications help her? What do you suggest we do next?”

A small smile appeared as Maiev watched Siobhan slowly shift away from her usual expression, to that of surprise when she started to wiggle her toes - and feel them too. It wasn't too unusual for there to be an immediate effect, a sign that the tonic and balm had indeed worked. But it was more than likely the improvement in movement would fade away.

Time would tell if it would truly help or not, but it was a promising sign.

She saw Sio about to stand up, and moved to intercept knowing it wasn't going to go well for the Kerrigan matriarch. Thankfully Tegaea was quicker on her feet and at her wife's side before she could collapse to the floor.

Maiev nodded in response.

"Indeed, more applications will help. The ability to feel and move your toes will likely diminish somewhat over the next couple of hours, but this is a sign that it's working." She walked up to the two and looked between them. "I can create some more tonics and balms, try different combinations that could potentially be more effective now that we know they work for you."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]​

"Patience is overrated. I never do things halfway. You should know that by now," Siobhan insisted stubbornly, after her attempt to stand up was so rudely interrupted. She could have totally managed it if she'd poured enough will into the attempt.

She glanced towards Maiev. "I appreciate your help, dear. Sounds like you will have to come by more often...to oversee the recovery process. Would you like to stay with us for a bit? I must insist that you stay for the night, so that I can show you my full hospitality."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Maiev"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea nodded. “We have multiple guest rooms. Our staff is very accommodating and helpful to all your needs.”

A smile. “You’ve made great progress so far, Siobhan, so if there is any items or ingredients you need, Maiev, you need only ask. I’m not sure if you’re a fan of beaches, but Arkas has some of the best in the galaxy. We can also visit this nexus location too and see if that will help your other ritual.”

Maiev chuckled quietly at Sio's words, it reminded her of how Kalax use to be. Consistently stubborn, and always pushing for go fully into whatever training she was going through at the time. It was important to survive, that doing things in half measures did nothing but provide openings for you to stumble or for someone else to take advantage.

Times had changed though, Kalax became less strict and more caring.

Whether that was due to a shift in her personality or because Maiev had been taught sufficiently enough, wasn't ever really answered. Although the witch was sure Kalax would deny the first ever happened.

Now that she had fully cleaned up the table, Maiev sealed her satchel and placed the strap over her shoulder. For a moment she didn't know what to say, as she hadn't exactly planned on staying but everything was pointing towards it being the ideal choice. Fortunately (and unfortunately), something else decided to make that decision for her.

Maiev's stomach audibly rumbled.

The witch blinked, before her cheeks flushed red and she bowed her head to hide it. Kalax was laughing away a second later.

"That would be lovely, but I could also do with something to eat...apparently."

The rumbling of Maiev's stomach caused Siobhan to chuckle. The witch was kind of adorable. She could see why Elpsis was so affectionate towards her. Part of her wondered whether the Dathomiri could help give the girl some direction, but she saved that thought for now.

"Oh, certainly. I would not want you to starve, dear," she declared jovially. "Let it not be said that the needs of a delightful lady were not satisfied in my house...at the dining table and otherwise. Is there anything specific you'd like to eat? I have some truly excellent cooks in my services. Of course, my wife is the best of them all."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea laughed at Siobhan’s last words. She recognised it for the flattery it was, but still appreciate it.
“Sounds like someone is trying to gain my favour, hmm? Regardless, yes, I have a few skills, but I generally cede the kitchen to the experts,” she said with very false modesty.

“But yes, we pride ourselves on providing the very best to our guests, so name what you’d like for dinner and for everything else of your stay and we will do our best to provide it. I trust you will spend the night here?”

While Sio's comment about satisfaction seemingly went over Maiev's head, it didn't to Kalax who let out an amused snort in response. It was always a win in the spirit's book when the witch was like this. Although the scales were heavy biased against Kalax a lot of the time.

"Oh, well I'm always for trying the local foods."

Dathomir had never been particularly great in the variety of food that was on offer. So when Maiev had first left the planet, she had practically gone on a binge whenever she had ate. The memory almost made the witch blush again, remembering just how much she had consumed over the course of a year.

It was a miracle she had managed to stay in shape after that.

Maiev looked towards Tegaea and was about to refuse, not wanting to impose on them even more. But she stopped herself, and thought over the pros and cons.

Sure she could go and find a hotel, but she was already in a wonderful house and the hosts were offering to ler her stay the night. It was probably more rude to refuse anyway.

"I'll stay for the night, yes. I'm actually quite interested to explore a bit too."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Maiev"]

"You are too modest, love," Siobhan remarked, knowing Tegaea was not being serious. Maiev's positive response caused a broad grin to form on her lips. "Excellent, dear. If there is anything you require, do call upon my wife or myself. Or one of the servant girls. Don't feel like you're imposing. They are all delightful, helpful young ladies who are very eager to serve in any way." The lame innuendo was getting real heavy.

"Perhaps tomorrow we can show you a bit of Arkas. It's a lovely planet." Of course, how much Siobhan would be able to move around was another question. She was exceptionally sensitive about her health, after all. That was one of the reasons why she'd moved to her personal island, as space stations and warships offered little privacy. "Anyhow, let's head to the dining room. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself, my dear, while we wait for dinner?"

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
Tegaea gave orders to the staff and they set about crafting a meal.

In the meantime Simoon entered with a hoverchair for Siobhan and gently lifted her into it. Tegaea offered her hand to Maiev and led the pair out of the room. Siobhan’s chair was a nifty thing which didn’t need anyone pushing it, and could go upstairs too…something good for the very independent minded matriarch.

“Yes, please do tell us more about yourself. I’ve heard only a little, and I’m interested to know more. I’ve not met many Dathomiri.”

Maiev smiled at Sio's suggestion of exploring Arkas tomorrow.

"Oh that would be lovely, I only really got a glance at the planet before." That, and it would give her the opportunity to find what flora Arkas had to offer.

As Tegaea focused on ordering the staff, Maiev watched as Simmon entered the room again and assisted Siobhan into her hoverchair. The witch could certainly see how it could be frustrating having to rely on others to do something as simple as moving around.

It made Maiev more determined to help the redhead get back onto her feet.

She took Tegaea's offered hand, and the trio departed from the sunroom and towards the dining room. As they walked, Maiev thought on what to say. Years ago she and Kalax had discussed it a length, deciding on what to reveal when asked. Back then the spirit had been a lot stricter, but the guidelines set then were still solid even to this day.

"Well as you know I was born on Dathomir, and as far as I remember my mother was a witch but my father was an outsider - a Vahla." He was still out there somewhere, Maiev was certain about that. The search for her father had been something on her young mind for years, which Kalax didn't approve of as it provided a distraction to her training. "Sadly I didn't get to know them well. My father was chased off planet because of his outsider status, and my mother passed not long after my birth." Even to this day, Maiev wasn't aware of Kalax's part in that. "I lived in a small village that bordered the Wilds, although I eventually left when I was old enough to survive in the jungles. Bounced between the various villages that resided in there, right until I was ready to leave the planet in general."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Maiev"]

The chair was nice. Even comfortable. But its necessity irritated Siobhan. One day she would not need it. She would keep pushing until that day arrived - sooner rather than latter. She could accomplish anything she wanted, if only she wanted it enough. It was a matter of willpower and diligence.

"Sounds like you went through the school of hard knocks," Siobhan commented as Maiev relayed her tale. The pieces all fit together, but somehow she had the feeling that a crucial piece was missing. Admittedly they all had their secrets, but still. "Tegs and I did the same. We both grew up in poverty and had to fight to get where we are, instead of being born in the lap of luxury. People who grow up with a golden spoon in their mouth turn out weak and entitled. Who taught you how to use the Force? One of the local Witches?"

They sat down in the luxurious dining room. The large table was made out of a very rare, very expensive Kashyyyk wood. "The cooks are getting dinner ready, Mistresses. Would you like something to drink?" as if on cue Harmony had shown up to take their orders. She wore a lovely white dress that showed an enticing amount of cleavage.

"The usual for Tegs and me," Siobhan's eyes naturally appreciated the eye candy on display. "What would you like, Maiev? We have some rather exquisite wine."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

“Yes, I grew up on Coruscant in the bad old days before the Republic. Like the jungles of Dathomir, there was danger everywhere, but unfortunately these ones used blasters and blades as well as whatever else was there. I too didn’t know my parents growing up too well. It was only later I found out that they’d been murdered by someone a little close to home.”
It had been a shocking revelation to learn the part of her uncle in the crime.

“But once I left I never looked back. I believe in merit being the deciding vote of entitlement. That is why I will never become nor serve a hereditary monarchy.”

She did not notice much of a gap in Maiev’s explanation. Naturally there were things the witch would want to keep hidden, and so she wasn’t expecting a biopic. Still, she was curious about Dathomiri customs.

“When did you discover you had the Force? I understand it’s usually as teenagers it manifests itself,” she said, interested.

Harmony was playing her role perfectly. She didn’t want to get in the way of her fun.

She listened to both woman's tales of their own past, one's of living in poverty surrounded by danger in their daily life. Maiev had no doubt that towering maze of Coruscant's cities were equally treacherous as the jungles of Dathomir.

"I don't think my home planet could ever be considered luxurious, even amongst those that have lived there their entire lives." Maiev hadn't even explored the entire planet during her years there, so much to explore but there was a point when one started seeing repetition everywhere. "Although from my time exploring the galaxy, I've learned that not a lot really differs between the cultures. Even on Dathomir you had teenage witches boasting around on how they could 'tame the biggest rancor."

Maiev let out an amused snort, knowing full well she had been like that a few times in her past.

The witch didn't immediately answer Sio's last question, instead she paused as Harmony reappeared to take their orders. Maiev took a minute or so with the options, before settling on her current trend with trying something local.

"I think I'll have some wine."

<I see Ms. Kerrigan has a preference. You certainly picked the right dress today.>

She let Kalax's teasing roll over her, mostly so she didn't just automatically roll her eyes in response. That was one thing Maiev had learned when dealing with the spirit, never give Kalax a slight edge or she'll take it and run with it for hours.

"Teenager years are about right, I was fairly young when I discovered my abilities." Although thinking back on it, she technically knew of them not long after Kalax first began talking to her. How else would you explain having a voice in your head, well other than being insane that is. "I learned from many different witches, each clan has their own way of looking at the Force - albeit some do overlap at times."

"As you wish, Mistresses," Harmony said, drawing the last word out into a purr. She walked with a considerable wiggle to her rear and made sure that Maiev got more than a glimpse of it. Siobhan undoubtedly appreciated the appealing view. "Call me if you need anything else," she spoke as she reached the door, leaning against it in a way which accentuated her frontal assets before finally stepping out to fetch their drinks.

In between drinking in the eye candy, Siobhan managed to pay attention to pay attention to Maiev's tale. "Did you manage to tame a big rancor, dear?" she asked, with an amused gleam in her eye. Her expression turned a bit more serious. "Tegs and I took down a terentatek once. Tough bugger. Good times."

"How did you come to leave Dathomir? I understand that the Witches are a fairly insular culture. I have not seen many out in the stars. Excluding the clan mother who helped me wake up from coma and a few witches in the Mandalorian ranks. Back in the old days," she clarified. After all, the present Mandalorian had unleashed terror and violence upon Dathomir. Then suddenly changed its mind...for some reason.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

A little ruefully, Tegaea chuckled. “I was much younger and much more foolish back then.” It almost made her feel old, it was nigh on twenty years since those exciting days.

“Have you gone back to Dathomir much? Do you still have family there?”

It wasn’t often Tegaea got to discuss topics like this.

Harmony returned with a tray bearing a decanter of red wine and 3 crystal glasses. She knelt down before each woman to pour her some. Just by total accident this gave each of them a good view of her endowed cleavage.

Maiev grinned, remembering the years growing up on Dathomir with the other witches. She had fond memories of those times, as just about anyone did about their 'educational years'. There had been many lessons learned, and a small amount of scars and bruises as a result,

"Yes, I managed to tame a few over the years." She raised an eyebrow as Sio's expression became more serious. "Ah yes, Terentateks. A number of the matriarchs would use them to scare and warn the more overconfident witches. 'You might have tamed a rancor, but do not think you have achieved anything too great. You've yet to face off against a beast that even the spirits cannot help you with'."

The last bit was spoken with an exaggerated mimicry of an elderly woman.

"How I came to leave? Well there's often outsiders that come to Dathomir for one reason or another. Sometimes they know better than to interact with the Clans, others weren't quite as fortunate. For me, I managed to find a merchant that had been there to resupply his supply of the local flora."

She turned to look as Harmony returned, taking the time to stop before each of them to pour out some of the wine. Maiev glanced at the view before her, but nothing more. She wasn't really the type to ogle. The witch thanked Harmony, took a sip of the wine before returning to the conversation.

"I actually hadn't been back for years until recently, well a few months ago at this point - before the Mandalorians appeared there." She was reminded of her childhood friend [member="Vaermina"], wondering what she was up to. "Went back to help out an old friend get off the planet."

"I'm glad you were able to help your friend get away. What the Mandalorians did on Dathomir was wanton butchery. I suppose it's the only way for them to prove their manhood since they have so little to show for themselves. One would think they'd try to rebuild their ruined planet, but they lash out like petulant brats. Of course, now they're pretending to be benign since their campaigns went so poorly for them," there was a note of disdain in Siobhan's tone.

Ironically, she'd affiliated with the Mandalorian Clans, before the Burning of Mandalore. She'd counted Ordo as a friend and regarded Mia Monroe, who'd been responsible for the aforementioned holocaust along with Ijaat Mereel, as a sister. Her stroke had left her infirm, but also sharpened her mind by giving her a more critical distance to many things.

The discussion was interrupted by the click clack of high heels when Harmony returned with drinks. The buxom Dahomian had a pair of shapely legs that seemed to never end, which was further accentuated by her shoes. Nonetheless she had no problem balancing a decanter and a tray with glasses. "There you go, Mistresses," she said sweetly, passing out drinks and some snacks. Siobhan admired the generous cleavage.

Harmony gave Siobhan a cheeky smile when she handed her a glass and poured wine into it. However, as she did so some of the decanter's contents spilt onto the floor. Harmony did a good job looking deeply mortified. "I am so sorry, Lady Mistress. I'm so clumsy. I will clean it up right away," she declared. Conveniently, she had a towel with her. What a coincidence.

So she bent down to clean it up. As she turned around this gave Siobhan a generous view of her glorious butt. "I expect better of the ladies attending me, girl. Especially in front of an honoured guest. Clean up. We will discuss your clumsiness later," the Lady said sternly. She ran an appreciative hand over the woman's tight, round rear and fondled it, before giving it a pinch.

"Oh, I hope so," Harmony exclaimed cheekily, which earned her another stern look. She seemed to be fishing for those. "I am very sorry, Mistress. I will submit to any punishment you deem fit." As she quickly wiped the floor clean - it had just been a few drops - servants arrived bearing trays with food.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea nodded. “Ah yes, the Mandalorians. History’s perennial losers,” she said sourly. “They do well when facing civilians or those without their weapons, but given an enemy who can fight back they tend to be smashed.”
She was not a fan, though some individuals redeemed themselves, the group and the society were odious to her.

“We have quite a lot of experience with less developed planets, and it is the people who seek the unknown despite the danger and the shock are the ones who show the greatest ambition and talent.” So it had been with Kaeshana, Dahomey, Tygara, hell even for Sio and herself!

Harmony performed her little routine. Whilst Sio indulged her a little more, Tegaea was more exasperated.
“Move along, dear. And see you don’t spill on the carpet or you’ll be licking it clean.”
“I don’t enjoy munching on that kind of carpet, Mistress,” Harmony said sulkily.
“Well then you’d best be less clumsy! Now move along,” Tegaea said with a smirk.

Food arrived, and they laid out the dishes for each person. Each were well balanced so that they could easily be eaten where the guests were.
“Please, dig in, Maiev. So, after you left Dathomir, where did you end up? How did you find leaving home? Was it a big shock?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom