Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion A Grave Mistake | GA Dominion of Ragoon VI Hex

KGvs804.png

"You know, I feel the Jedi Order is not so different, in some ways. Your members are meant to be protectors of the people -- defenders of peace, knowledge, and justice who, in times of great need, have rallied to fight against those who would bring death and despair. The Jedi have made choices throughout history that have rippled across the Galaxy -- some good, some bad, but most made with the best intentions."
- Chancellor Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge
cqs1XXW.png

Betrayal has rocked the Galactic Alliance. The recently appointed New Jedi Order has served the Alliance since before its inception, reaching back as far as the Grayson Imperium and the High Republic. For their loyalty and heroics, the Senate agreed to fund the budding Jedi Order in hopes of establishing a means of far-reaching peace, something that still eludes the young galactic power. Yet, from within the ranks of the Jedi, an attempt on Senator Maou Maou 's life has been made. The purpose behind the attack remains a mystery, but Senator Kiyoshi has made his presence and desires known. The New Jedi Order must be held accountable for the actions taken against him, and in turn, the entirety of the Galactic Alliance.

Unbeknownst to the Galactic Senate, the New Jedi Order meet on Ragoon VI, away from the accusations hurled against them. What was initially meant as a relaxing trip to a planet long considered an ally to the Jedi, has turned somber in the wake of great tragedy. Lanik Dawnstar, a hero of the High Republic, Jedi Knight, and friend to many, has passed beyond the mortal realm. To honor his sacrifices, the New Jedi Order has summoned all who've called Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar friend to Ragoon VI. A funeral pyre awaits the attention of those who come to pay their respects and say their final goodbyes to the fallen Jedi…

cqs1XXW.png

LanikFuneral.jpg

Objective I - There is Only the Force
Ragoon VI // Base of the Rost Mountains

Shortly after the retrieval of Lanik Dawnstar's body, the New Jedi Order began the process of planning his funeral. Senior Jedi, within the growing order, reached out to those who called themselves friends to Jedi, hoping to find a place to host the event without interruption. Very few bothered to answer their calls for aid, even fewer offering a response. If not for the denizens of Ragoon VI, the process of remembrance may have taken place in the sewers of Coruscant, or backstreets of Corellia. Fortunately, the native Ragoons have not abandoned the Jedi in their time of need.

Already, Jedi gather in wait to honor their fallen brother. Though Lanik's story was short, the few pages within offer a riveting tale of heroics, honor, and loyalty to the bitter end. Join the Jedi Order as we pay tribute to a man who helped shape the next generation.

FoerostShuteOurselves.jpg

Objective II - Dead Men Tell No Tales
Coruscant // Galactic City // Grand Convocation Chamber

Once again, the Senate meets to discuss the New Jedi Order. Unfortunately, the circumstances surrounding the call to action are not ideal for the newly appointed group. Senator Kiyoshi claims Lanik Dawnstar made an attempt at his life, leaving him scarred and disfigured. No one has openly denied his claim, as the New Jedi Order has remained silent concerning the accusations, their focus on the war, and further growth. Though the Corellian Senator remains vague on his overall goal, he calls for consequences against the Jedi. Allies within the Corporatist Party have flocked to his banner, while others of more surprising origin do the same.

It is up to the Senate to determine the fledgling New Jedi Order's fate. Speak for or against the Jedi, cast your vote, and shape their future as more information comes to light.

RagoonBanner.jpg

Objective III - Down but Not Out

Ragoon VI is an isolationist planet, home to the peaceful Ragoon people, but also the dangerous Malia. If a funeral is too depressing, and the senate meeting is on the dull side of things, you're bound to find a bit of danger if you look hard enough. If peace is the goal, Jedi, such as Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and even Anakin Skywalker, has visited the temperate world. Look not through your eyes, but instead through the Force. Your instincts will guide you to a promising story if you look hard enough.

Standing in his Office below the grand chamber, Emmen lets out a sigh as he straightens the bright red collar of the traditional Tepasi-styled formal garb he wore on such occasions. The subject of today's meeting was one that had been dwelling on the Chancellor's mind since he'd first received the report. He feared what it might mean for such a terrible act to take place so soon after the Senate gathered to show their support for the New Jedi Order.

"There has to be a reason for this -- something we don't know. Why else would a Jedi attempt to take the Senator's life?" brushing at the front of the regal blue coat, he looks to his Staff Aide, Mina Praji Mina Praji , "it just doesn't make sense to me."

Another sigh, this one deeper than the last, "I only hope the Order has information to present. I can only imagine the absurd measures some might propose if they have nothing that might explain themselves."

He steps onto the Podium and turns to offer a hand to Mina and the Vice-Chair as they step up to join him, "Worse yet; what if there is no explanation? What if it really was just an attempted assassination in cold blood? If there ends up being strong evidence of corruption in the Order we'll have a PR disaster on our hands."

The Podium lifts from the ground, rising through an opening in the ceiling to bring the trio to the center of the Grand Convocation Chamber. The Chancellor's eyes wander among the crowds, trying to gauge the atmosphere of the representatives who are present at a glance. From the distance, he discerns very little.

Coming to a stop at the perfect center of the rotunda, Emmen tosses a final glance back to Mina and Lisza with a feigned smile.

"Honourable members of the Alliance Senate," he begins, his projected voice loud and thunderous, "I officially call this gathering on the matter of the attempted murder of Senator Kaito Kiyoshi by the Jedi Knight Lanik Dawnstar into session. The Jedi accused of the act was killed in the endeavour, but," he gestures with an open hand to the distant repulsorpod of Auteme Denko-Durren, his former Senate Scribe, "the New Jedi Order's recently established delegation is present to answer our pressing questions."

With a pitying smile toward the young girl, Emmen brings his hands back to be folded behind him, "The Podium yields the floor."

Fable Solborne

F
DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
================

So, it had come out at last. And still no update from the Marshals on their investigation, which was to be expected if it was still ongoing. So she had been told. She had hoped they would have completed the investigation by now. But they had not, which meant she was going to have be the one to reveal this information and before the entire Senate. Far from ideal, given that she had considered Kiyoshi a colleague she could trust, and even, in a way, a friend. But the truth had to come out. All she need was confirmation. She watched her datapad, waiting, and then it pinged. She was authorized to share the information.

"Honorable Chancellor and fellow members of the Senate, I have said nothing of the matter at the behest of both my lawyer and the Marshals service as to not interfere with an ongoing investigation, but after consulting, I have been given permission to release this information to the Senate to contribute into its own inquiries.

I spent time back on Kalist for my re-relection campaign and upon my arrival, I found a parcel on my desk. After opening, it revealed itself to be the reports of an investigation conducted by the accused Jedi, Lanik Dawnstar. He was pursuing the cause of the destruction of the ship Desert Dawn during the Kuat crisis. Tragically, I returned too late to intervene in the affairs that happened that night, whatever they were, but
these documents, which I am uploading to closed Senate network, contain the result of these findings.

"The results would not stand up in a court of law, but are damning in a court of opinion, something I wished to spare both my colleague and friend, Senator Kiyoshi, as well as the reputation of the Jedi Knight Lanik Dawnstar until law enforcement completed their investigation, either confirming or denying, but it seems that option is no longer possible. To be frank, I do not know the truth, but it was clear from the investigation that this was not an attempted murder. Jedi Dawnstar, in the course of his investigation, had tied Senator Kiyoshi to being a mysterious Corellian crime lord responsible for organizing the bombing of the Desert Dawn. The Marshals will comment on their own investigation when they are ready, but I ask you all to keep this discrete, should the Jedi prove to have been wrong. Much is still unknown, but this situation is far more complicated than it appears. I yield the floor, asking only that clear-thought, prudence, and caution rule our discussion."

The message on her Senate datapad chimed. The upload was complete and the Senators all had access.

Alana Sunrider

A
THERE IS ONLY THE FORCE
Ragoon IV
=====================

Some habits were too hard to break. Wandering, as it turned out, was one of them. The Force was too insistent for her to ignore as it swept her across the Core and Midrim regions, often far beyond the borders of Alliance space. Some of which were places Jedi were not officially supposed to be. But after all, borders and jurisdiction were imaginary. The Force was not.

But for now, it called her back. She didn't know why or for what reason, but she found herself wrapped in her robes and approaching a gathering of individuals. The Force was strong here as she stepped forward into the crowd. Only once she took in the pile of wood and the somber mood did she understood.

She could just make out the features of Lanik, whom she had briefly known, but not well. And so, she stepped to the back of the crowd, keeping her hood pulled low. She had been away too long to intrude on the grief of those who had known him better and longer. While she mourned the loss of any Jedi, it was different when they weren't well-known. It added distance.

What was it her Master had said as she lay dying?

Mourn for we are human, and it is what we do, but also let me go, for I go to join the Force, and I am at last going home. There we shall be one with all of the Jedi, lost in the past, those who we will lose, and those who will come after. It is where we belong and it will call us home in the end. Be at peace, young Alana. You will find me in the Force.

That hadn't softened the blow or the grief of losing her teacher, her mentor, and the closest she had ever had to a family. But it had given her comfort after it had passed, with time, and speaking of the pain.

Staff Aide to the Chancellor
tumblr_okyjodOWpn1twe00io1_400.gifv

Coruscant // Senate Building // Grand Convocation Chamber
Objective II: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge - Raona Cadera Raona Cadera - Auteme Auteme - Fable Solborne - Maou Maou - Other Senators
SFjOBCJ.png
It was the worst nightmare of any good politician, but even more so of any good political advisor - a murder plot in the highest echelons of government. Truth be told, Mina's actual worst nightmare was being swallowed by a sarlacc, but as faced down a roaring crowd of journalists near the press briefing room, she ranked this a close second. "As I have said before, at the present moment there is no evidence to suggest the Jedi participated - on any level - in a coordinated attempt on Senator Kiyoshi's life," her voice strained above the crowd until the journalists quieted enough to capture her words, "the Chancellor has convened an emergency session of the Senate to ascertain the truth and until they have I caution the media bureaus from trading in rumor and speculation."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for session, no questions."
Mina gave a curt nod over the heads of the press and members of the Senate Guard began to usher them out of her way. The Staff Aide wasted no time in her rush to the Chancellor's office.

"Apologies, Emmen, I was... dealing with the press," she said breathlessly as she swept into the room. Her usually coiffed hair looked particularly windswept and she busied herself in a reflective surface trying to tame it as Emmen spoke. He was right, none of it really made sense yet but that would not stop anyone above them from inventing their own reasons. "Kaito isn't exactly a paragon of ethical behavior, but if he has something to hide he has flown under our radar, then again the Jedi tend to have a way with these things... or so I'm told," Mina turned back to face the Chancellor and Vice Chair as the prepared to the take the podium.

The Staff Aide gathered her bright red robes in one hand and accepted Emmen's held stepping up onto the platform. "Either way, we just gave them our ringing endorsement so they better come up with something... we won't just have a PR problem on our hands, Emmen. We'll have a mutiny." Her crimson lips drew into a thin line of frustration before she mouthed something into her earpiece. The podium shifted beneath them before rising into the air.

Solemnly, she gazed out on the faces of the Senators. "It's going to be a long night," she muttered as Fable presented her evidence.

Vonar Ardinn

V

Location | Coruscant , Senate Building , Grand Convocation Chamber
Objective | Dead Men Tell No Tales
Focus | Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Fable Solborne | Mina Praji Mina Praji

The recent turn of events were somewhat troubling. Only Months after the New Jedi Order were recognized as part of the Galactic Alliance and now news about the a Jedi trying to assassinate a Senator. As Senator Solbrone sent the journals , the Lord-Imperator of Byss quickly read them and was impressed by the efforts of Lanik Dawnstar and though his investigation seemed legitimate there was one inconsistency. In the Last Entry , Lanik had stated that no one would have believed him and that neither the NJO or the Senate would move against the Corellian Senator and that he would act alone.

To Lord-Imperator Vonar Ardinn this wasn't correct. Soon enough his repulsorpod came forward and he made his statement. "Honorable Chancellor and my fellow senators. With The Information provided to us by Senator Solborne regarding the Jedi Knight known as Lanik Dawnstar's investigation on Senator Kiyoshi i would like to point out at one inconsistency. The Last Entry. Here we can learn that Lanik Dawnstar had acted alone without the permission of the New Jedi Order. No Official Investigation was made on Kaito Kiyoshi and thus Lanik claims can be disputed and with the Jedi's Assassination Attempt on the Corellian Senator we can consider this as an unlawful attempt against the life of one of our fellow senators." The Lord-Imperator stated.

"It is with this that i suggest that we place more restraint on the New Jedi Order to prevent such acts from happening again. While Lanik's intentions were good , we cannot allow Jedi to run wild and essentially attack anyone who they deem as criminals and enemies of the Alliance especially if they are members of the Senate or even the Defense Force. Actions have consequences and the Jedi must be held accountable for the actions of one of their own. If they can't restrain their own members form committing such unreasonable actions then the Senate should do it. With this i yield the floor" the Lord-Imperator finished as his Repulsorpod withdrew and headed back to it's original place as the Lord-Imperator of Byss awaited for a Senator to speak up.

Corala Gethsverg

C
Senate Building // Grand Convocation Chamber
Obj II - Dead Men Tell No Tales

This whole affair was going to be rather interesting. She cared little for the jedi, but she couldn't deny their effectiveness in her line of work. They were individuals of great skill and ability, but they had a moral code that left much to be desired. This trial brought a rather ugly matter into focus however; were the jedi a threat to to the government? In Corala's mind, yes and no. They could certainly pose a threat, but at the moment the likelihood of such was doubtful. If anything, steps should be taken to reign the order in, bring it even further under the governments thumb, remind them who holds the leash.

Senator Solborne seemed to be rather certain of her findings, and being a well spoken woman of nobility...well, Corala was curious who would come up to oppose the woman. Her right eye flickered to it's scanning function, as she laid eyes on the senator terminal across from her, and read through the files that were being provided. She was a director of the SIA now, but she doubted very much that she could have a hand in this matter. Staying towards the top of the rotunda, she had a nice look down towards the gathering of senators and officials. Did she have findings that could tilt this argument one way or another? There was always the potential for that. Would she? Well, that was an even bigger question. She had no hand in this card game, no, she was just an observer for the time being. Lord Imperator Vonar approached, perhaps to contest or drive home the point, but found that both she and he were of the same mind. A smile crossed her face, as she leaned on the rail, listening to what he was saying.

She only came to scope out the political landscape, find individuals she could possibly work with, then open the door to possible future ventures. This was all in theory of course. Her eyes looked to the controls of the Repulsorpod, then down to the congregation. She wasn't a politician, nor did she want to be. No, if anything this Senator Kiyoshi needed to be looked into. Unless there was a call for stances on this matter, Corala held off, sitting back in the pod and looking for the next Senator that would come forth; she was liking where these talks were heading anyways.

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The galaxy was full of force users, many of whom felt that they were above those who could not access the mystical energy field. Constantine knew this well, as his family all felt that way. He had grown to hate all force users, for he had yet to meet one that proved him wrong. Hearing of the attack on Senator Kiyoshi's life only further cemented the young Anaxsi captain's disdain for the NJO. To him, it was an attempt by the Jedi to bully their way into more power. So, he came to Corusant to observe the hearing on the assassination attempt.

The Jedi were yet to offer their defense, though Constantine had expected them to talk some crap about the Senator being a Sith or some crap. When he heard that the attempted murderer, who had died in the attempt, believed Senator Kiyoshi to secretly be a crime lord from Corellia, It was surprise. Likely;y an unfounded claim, but even if it was true, it still raised concerns for him. The Jedi acted without informing anyone else of his discovery, and outside the bounds of the law. If the Jedi Order could get away with ignoring the judicial process for even a senator, what could they do to an everyday civilian?

If the opportunity arose, he would speak. For now, Constantine, the Forceless Oliva, kept his mouth shut and continued to observe the meeting.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
tumblr_on8oveCT9X1ufvrblo4_250.gifv
Ragoon VI -- Base of the Rost Mountains -- In the Shadows
Objective I: Honor the Dead, Investigate
Jedi -- Funeral Guests -- Open to Interaction​
iFe7ji3.png
Nothing was more tragic or more universally felt within the far reach of the Force than the extinguishment of a light, the death of a Jedi. Even before she received the intelligence report detailing the death of Lanik Dawnstar she felt a ripple in the Force that unsettled her. These were the sorts of urges she either ignored or no longer actively perceived, typically, since departing the Order. This was something unique and she felt that it required her attention. Even more so than the Emergency Session of the Senate taking place on Coruscant. The representative of the Balmorran moons was standing in for her there.​
"Ma'am, we are detecting a multitude of life forms in the clearing ahead... we recommend-"
"What, captain, that I return to the ship and scurry back to Coruscant? No. I came here for a reason," the old woman was dressed in deliberately dark fabrics and a silk hood was pulled up to mostly obscure her features as she carefully navigated the rough-hewn forest path. Up ahead she could see the skeleton of a funeral pyre and the outlines of people. Adhira had not come to Ragoon VI with a Senate Guard escort, but rather a Balmorran military detachment to avoid detection on Alliance manifests, and she knew their stealth ships would be watching from somewhere above the clouds.​
"Senator Chandra, you have crossed the threshold that you agreed upon with the Governor, I must insist you return to the perimeter or we will need to recover you."
Adhira stopped a few meters away from where she would be visible to the other funeral guests and smirked upward. She touched her comm device. "You try it, captain. If I see one ship, one Balmorran guard within 50 feet of this funeral, the only thing you will be guarding for the rest of your life will be shipments of fertilizer. Am I clear? I want radio silence. That's an order." The Senator did not wait for a response, knowing that the weight of her words was well understood on Balmorra, even by the governor. She pulled the commlink from her ear and proceeded into full view of the other attendees, unsure of what to do next. She tried to remain inconspicuous but her face was hard not to recognize within the Alliance.​

Last edited:

Senate Chamber // Grand Convocation Chamber //
Obj BYOO & Obj - Dead Men Tell No Tales // Tags: Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva Corala Gethsverg

Zahara sighed as he sat himself in an observation hall, overlooking the Senate Chambers. He had never met Senator Kiyoshi, yet he always kept a close eye to representatives of his home. First it was Lisza Starseeker, a woman of immense integrity and knowledge, then it was Yularen Nova, a great leader, and now it was Maou Maou , and no titles of honor drew for him.

Yet, when the self-proclaimed yet legitimate Lord-Imperator of Byss suggested the Jedi's authority be restrained. He scoffed before turning to Captain who he stood alongside.

"You know I was raised on Corellia. Raised by my mother, at my fathers behest on the jewls of the Corellian Sector itself. Yet, I know almost nothing of Kiyoshi. I know Nova. I know Starseeker. Yet, I have never heard of Kiyoshi, not until he became Senator. So, of anything I do believe he should be investigated, by both the Senate and the Jedi. But, my gut says he was acting alone"

He then turned as he awaited the mans response, pondering what would happen if the Senate choose the worst option, yet to be offered.

Serena Rylvin

S
RANGOON VI: Base of the Rost Mountains
1: There is Only the Force
Objective: Contemplate

Open to Interaction!

There is only the Force...

You could feel it there. Just like in the Temple on Coruscant. Like a series of ripples, or small refractions of light, as Jedi gathered to mourn. No wonder people felt drawn to it. They had gathered en masse to say goodbye to one of their own.

Lanik Dawnstar. Even in the short time she'd been in the Order, Serena had heard the name. His words and deeds echoed around the temple, especially among the packs of eager padawans. She'd heard all sorts of tales from the other padawans, mixed in with the martial adventures of Ryv or rumours about Master Locke's secret plans. In her estimation, the stories were probably 70% over-exaggerated trash, but it was clear at the core of them all that'd done so much.

And now he could do no more. She'd never had the chance to meet him.

Serena had asked why she'd been brought along. Surely there'd be other people to take, people who knew him. People who'd want the chance to say goodbye. The distance of it made her a little anxious. Like she was intruding on something or somewhere she shouldn't be. As if all those mourners would turn and put their eyes on her, point and yell. As if they'd care about a padawan, lurking at the back.

You've seen how the path of a Jedi can start. You must be aware of how it can end.

She took a seat on a flat rock, idly reaching for a flower. The flowers were truly beautiful there. It really was a lovely place for a... funeral. Her fingers ran along the soft, full petal as she looked around. The core of the Jedi were in a group, but there were others like her, stragglers who were unsure where to look or who to talk to. Serena assumed they were all Jedi, until her eyes ran over an older woman in pretty, dark silks. She'd only taken a passing glance at her before realising she'd seen her face before. She'd seen her on a holo-broadcast somewhere, some senator of some kind. If Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra looked over, Serena would give her a gentle wave and a small smile.

Her gaze, and thoughts, turned back to the funeral pyre. Hoping that Lanik knew how many people were here now. That he was aware how much he meant to all these Jedi.

Well... I hope you knew, Lanik Dawnstar. May the Force be with you.

LanikFuneral.jpg

Objective I - There is Only the Force // Ragoon VI // Base of the Rost Mountains
Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt // Serena Rylvin // Alana Sunrider

vgSMXsQ.png

The heat of the flames warmed her face, and highlight the vacancy of her stare. The first death of The New Jedi Order. It would be opportunistically naive to believe it would be the last. She knew she should have been sad, crushed by the weight of mortality and untimely demise. As much as the heat made it difficult to summon tears, her anger made it all the more so.

When they’d pulled into the system of Ragoon, the planet’s crust they were standing on now glowed like a blue marble against the blackness of space.

Now planet side, the orange and yellow flicked up in a triangle against the approaching darkness of the evening. All around them, life sprouted from the earth and stretched into the skies. Multicoloured petals lined the ground in varying stem lengths. On another occasion she might have kneeled and plucked them, appreciating their scent or braiding them into her hair. But not today. The somber atmosphere seemed to add gravity to each person’s shoulders, so that if she kneeled she may not rise again so easily.

Lanik had been someone Ryv had spoken of fondly, but she’d never had the chance to work with him. Or even so much as shake his hand. She’d been present the day he’d been knighted, that was the extent of their relationship.

Peeling her gaze from the dancing fire, consuming the remaining mass of the Knight, she looked over to seek out the expression painted on the face cast in shadows and flickering lights.

Maynard had dispatched Saber squadron to save Lanik before her official tenure with them, so perhaps he was closer. Seeking to saturate in comfort and reassurance, she grasped her fingers against his hand to establish a hold. The reassurance on the premise of his knowing of the white-haired Knight. The rest was selfishness — the pleasure of being able to touch flesh that wasn’t being burned by flames to claim the body in everlasting ashes. It could be either one of them or their friends being incinerated one day. The more battles and missions that became just dates in the past, the more likely such an end leered at them from over the proverbial hill. This was as gruesome as it was polite. Honourable. Traditional.

She sighed, the atmosphere eating up her exhale and recycling it into something for the flames to grow from.

Saddened by the spectacle, Frank rocked side to side on his treads. I hope to never see the day you’re on that Pyre. Frank marvelled in the droid-equivalent of an undertone.

Gently, Loske looked down affectionately at the metallic dome top of her astromech. As curious as it was, the droid’s ability to lament and have sentiment for its mistress was appropriate with the intelligence Kaili had suffused it with. The idea of Frank outlasting Loske wasn’t a difficult one to grasp. A clone though she may have been, she was modelled after mortals. From the day she was created, she had an expiry date of a weapon didn’t claim her first. As an astromech though, only a purposeful attack would fry his circuits. Otherwise, he had eternity. She rested her free hand on the curve of his top in silent gratefulness for his existence.

Frank sent a knowing pulse through his system to the palm of the pilot. In response, the blonde looked about at the crowds. Most were looking at the ground or transfixed on the elevated burning corpse. None seemed to meet her eyes. Which was well, given they were lit with curiosity and a quirked brow at the presence of Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra . Apparently the senator had great affection for the Jedi. From her vote of support, the gala, and now a trio to the wild world of Rangoon VI. Frank had informed the pair of pilots earlier that day the senate was gathering to discuss the death of Knight Dawnstar. And the relation of him to Senator Kiyoshi’s accident. Why was there a relationship there? Her mind wandered, eyes closing at the consideration that there was truth to be found in touch. Dawnstar’s body was untouchable now. His lies and truths consumed by the flames. Kiyoshi remained distant and postured himself unfavourably toward the Jedi. Dawnstar had a Padawan, though. What had come of her?

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
A short distance from the pyre, Ryv stood beneath a lone tree, one of two companions the Jedi Knight claimed. He watched others gather, all in wait for the moment Lanik's body would disappear, finally delivered to the Force as ancient tradition demanded. It wasn't the temple or archives that produced such knowledge to the mourning Kiffar, but his father, the second of his two companions. Ryv looked to the force apparition, studying the spectral man who's eyes never left the solemn scene before them all. Perhaps the act of remembrance meant just as much to the dead as it did the living, something Ryv never could've guessed. Then again, until a couple of years ago, he didn't even believe the dead could feel, let alone walk beside the living once again. Times changed, Ryv changing alongside them.

"It appears others have begun to gather, Corin," Vyrin muttered to his son, both of his hands hidden within his robes.

"Yeah, seems that way," Ryv kicked out at a small mound of snow at his feet, having likely slipped through the branches during the earlier flurry. "And its Ryv now pops. Corin meant something to the galaxy. Ryv? He's what they're stuck with."

"Hum," Vyrin finally tore his gaze from Lanik's corpse, allowing it to settle on his son instead. "You say that, but here you are. No one else would've prepared this for young Lanik, don't you understand? I couldn't imagine many of your Order even know the importance of this tradition. You've allowed them to be here. Why do you deny these simple truths? Why can't you see what you mean to them?" his words came out slowly, almost as if he were pleading with his son.

"I couldn't tell you," Ryv turned away, scooping up a snow-white flower before setting towards the burning body. A steady pace brought him to a lone Padawan, separated from the rest of the gathering. Something beyond the death of their own hung on her, and it hung heavily. "Serena, right?" he smiled, dropping down on the rock beside her. "If Lanik were here, I'm sure he'd have something wise to say to you. Something like the Jedi Masters of old, the folks we're all trying to imitate," he tugged up a leg, resting his chin on the top of his knee, his arms hugging it close to his chest. "I think he'd tell you, you belong here. Regardless of where you were before now, you're a Jedi. You're family. And family shouldn't grieve alone," Ryv stood once more, brushing snow from his bottom. "Short talk, I know. Maybe I can catch you after the funeral, but I want to say my goodbyes," he offered another smile, doing his best to appear stoic, as people expected of him. His amber gaze betrayed that illusion, as did the faint quivering of his lips.

Setting forth once more, Ryv marched closer to the pyre, only deviating at the sight of his two closest friends. He came up behind them, throwing an arm over both their shoulders to tug them each into an embrace. He buried his face into Loske's shoulder, allowing a moment he needed so desperately. Tears fell from his eyes, crashing atop the woman's slender shoulder. Ryv's right hand held tight to Maynard's shirt, almost as if the errant touch provided a much-needed lifeline. He had so much more to say to them but now wasn't the time. They'd promised one another a moment before Brentaal IV. Now wasn't their time. It was Lanik's. Ryv broke away, patting both their shoulders, only wiping away his tears and the signs of their passage afterward.

"Thanks for coming, guys," Ryv stepped around them as he spoke. This time, he didn't slow, nor did he break away from his path. His feet carried him directly to the raging flame. In the face of such ferocity, the Kiffar felt small. He held tight to the flower, his other hand tightening into a fist. What could he say to express how much Lanik had done? How could he ever hope to repay the man he considered his hero?

"Thank you, Lanik," Ryv muttered softly, his hand guiding the flower atop the pyre, depositing it over the late Jedi's chest. "I know I'm not supposed to grieve. I know you aren't dead, you're with the Force now, but... fuck, man, I'm gonna miss you."

Ryv's head dropped, tears once more spilling forth from his bloodshot eyes.

LanikFuneral.jpg
// IMPERATOR //
// OBJECTIVE //:
There Is Only The Force
// FOCUS //: Ryv Ryv | Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar

N5cG5gd.png
Among the gathered congregation of the New Jedi Order. The Sovereign Imperator stood out starkly among them in his black, silver and crimson uniform. Though there were few venues in the Core, or anywhere in the Galaxy where he could hide properly anymore. He was the man among many to make the indomitable Sith Empire bleed. Even still, within the Galactic Alliance, he could only expect a starkly polarizing response to his presence.

Not that he cared. Lanik Dawnstar was for all intents and purposes, his friend. Though the venue of their introduction could not have been more brutal, in the trenches of New Kalandra. Their encounters since had been not as enemies but as fellow warriors. He had a great deal of respect for the Jedi Knight and it was seemingly reciprocated by the Corellian in each of their meetings.

Irveric was in a state as any could've expected as a leader in the throes of a total war. His eyes dark and weary in contrast to his skin which possessed the flares of redness from blaster burns. He'd been in the fray himself, if none of the news to reach back to the Core failed to depict that. Approaching the blaze after Karis had paid his respects, Irveric took a moment of his own to approach. In spite of the crushing weight of obligation that bared down on his shoulders, he would be inhuman not to acknowledge one of the very catalysts that forged the very man that tread with good nature here and not brooding as an enemy beneath the banner of the crimson saber.

“I know my destiny General Tavlar. The force has one for you as well. You can’t hide from it, perhaps its time you embrace it.”

And embrace it he did. He'd only wished the Jedi Knight was there to join him on the field of battle again. Only as brothers-in-arms, comrades in the face of darkness.

Seperated and devoid of the force, he was far more grounded in what would be otherwise a deeply profound and powerful moment. All he saw, felt and heard was the crackling flames. The pyre.

Stepping forward, he let drop a flower into the pyre, watching as the plant life withered into a charred blackness.

"Your time in the fire was long enough, my friend. It burns in me now. Burns in the hearts of your brothers and sisters in creed here with you now. We will finish the fight you helped start, brother. Have your rest, Lanik Dawnstar. We will never forget you." He muttered not in solemn but in reassurance, only audible enough for perhaps himself and a close few to hear before he stepped back and at attention, raising his right hand up to salute the burning remains before he stepped off and to the side, joining Ryv with the others.

"Karis." He said to get the Kiffar's attention. Peering into his eyes only briefly, they seemed familiar. Because Tavlar carried himself under a similar overbearing weight as the Sword of The Jedi did.

"Whatever anyone tells you...you don't need to hide your tears." Irveric stated, speaking again in a quiet volume. He'd been in the Jedi's shoes several times over. Obsessive over maintaining that cold, frigid demeanor to the point of drawing discomfort from those around him. But Ryv hadn't been in the fire as long as Irveric had. He had every right to his moments of weakness, vulnerability. He needn't draw the weight of the galaxy over himself now, even if Tavlar had subjugated himself to that march.

LanikFuneral.jpg
// OUTRIDER //
// OBJECTIVE //: There Is Only The Force
// FOCUS //: Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Ryv Ryv

kwzlsmL.png
Maynard had known death. He'd seen the final moments of those closest to him far sooner and in far worse circumstances than anyone might've ever hoped to in their lives. But none of it had this much fanfare. For Lanik, it was well deserved. He'd had only glancing interactions with the Corellian but even still, he'd only been regarded as a stalwart companion and knight proficient beyond his years. He would've love to charge into the fray at his side, but it seemed his tale had come to an end. He didn't care for any of the politics shrouding Lanik's death. He was a Jedi as he was and forthright to the end. All the same, he had his peace now. His body laid to rest in infernal purity. Rendered unto ash, as they all would be eventually.

Watching the ceremony take place in low solemness he stood with Loske and Ryv, the ever inseparable trio with Loske's astromech at her side and Ryv all but burying himself in sorrow against the two, with his tear stained gaze weeping into Loske's shoulder and a tight hand clutching for the Concordian for support. Reaching an arm to wrap around the Kiffar he held him close. He had every right to those tears. Ryv was far more deserving of the emotional vulnerability than he'd ever give himself credit for. He'd been privy to trauma and responsibility well beyond what anyone of weaker stock could handle.

Maynard was seemingly better at burying any emotions he had, at least for now he seemed to be. Offering a nod of reassurance before he drifted to address the gather congregation only before the Sovereign Imperator seemed to gather his attention, Maynard's own hazel gaze shifted to the astromech at Loske's side before his eyes locked with her soft gaze.

That binary sequence by Frank was a haunting one, though a statement Maynard could only sympathize with. This funeral, a gathering of many of the New Jedi Order was only shrouded in solemn. Or at the very least, the acknowledgement of finality. Just as everything seemed to be dragged into a pit of darkness around Maynard. It seemed his sentiment shared with Loske of moments of respite being brief and fleeting was far closer to any reality than he might've wished. And there was far from an end in sight to the toil, the plight.

He looked to her like he wanted to speak or at least, hear her voice, but he relented. His eyes peering back toward the fire as he reached an arm up to wrap around her, wanting the reassurance of her presence near to him. Holding her tightly, as if the droid's sentiment influx with the death of a valiant knight all reminded him how uncertain everything around them was.

Alana Sunrider

A
RAGOON VI
==================
There was something stirring in the Force. Something more than the funeral. She pulled the hood lower over her face and stepped away from the crowd, moving towards the edge of the glade.

She shivered and took a seat against a tree, pulling the cloak tighter around her as the edges of her vision blurred. Not blurred, exactly? But like she was seeing something more than just the places around her.

A waterfall Was that what she was seeing? Yes, a waterfall between two trees. And something about it was calling her. Pressing her to move and seek it out.

Nobody noticed her as she disappeared and followed the urges from the Force as she set out to find the destination, for whatever reason it wanted her to go.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
tumblr_on8oveCT9X1ufvrblo2_250.gifv

Ragoon VI -- Base of the Rost Mountains -- In the Shadows
Objective I: Honor the Dead, Investigate
Jedi -- Funeral Guests -- Serena Rylvin -- Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt -- Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar -- Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar
iFe7ji3.png
The Balmorran could feel the heat of the pyre from where she was standing, several feet away. The smell of smoke filled the air which was strain enough on her damaged respiratory system, but worse still was the sweet, putrid smell... like tanning leather. It was nauseating and tragic all at the same time. Adhira stood watching for what seemed like ages, her fists clenched tightly at her sides. Only when she felt a white-hot tear rolling down her dusky cheek did she finally pull herself back into the moment.​
She dabbed her cheek gingerly with a finger and examined the droplet, twinkling in the glow of the flame. Nothing about the Jedi that lay before her was familiar, not even the name, yet there she stood gazing at her own inexplicable sorrow. "Luminous beings are we," she mouthed almost inaudibly, reciting a quote she'd learned from her time as a youngling, "but temporary vessels, our bodies are."
"Nonsense." Adhira wiped the wetness from her eye as she mastered herself to the task at hand. She needed information and she needed to find someone who could give it to her. There were a few faces she recognized but more she did not. The Sword of the Jedi was lingering near the perimeter, naturally, and she considered approaching but relented when she glimpsed Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar nearby. That certainly would have made for an unfortunate encounter. Meanwhile, a Jedi she did not recognize (Serena Rylvin) made eye contact with her and smiled. Adhira hesitated for a moment before deciding to approach. She was a prime candidate given her relative isolation from the others.​
"Ahem- um... d-do you mind if I join you?" The question was for Serena, but Adhira's eyes were still scanning the faces of the assembled mourners, careful of drawing any unwelcome attention. She did not wait for an answer before welcoming herself to the small space Serena had left on the rock next to her. "You're a Jedi..." another question for which she did not require an answer, "did you know him?" The old woman nodded toward the pyre, drawing her delicate wrap more closely around her as if hoping it would somehow make her presence less obvious.​

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways

So this was terrifying.

Yes, a Jedi had died and a Senator had been attacked. That was important. Still, the feeling of pressure she felt mostly stemmed from the unfamiliarity. She couldn't help but feel the eyes on her. Up until now, she'd never been asked questions when she entered the Senate building. But today? A half-dozen reporters had followed her in, asking about the death of Lanik Dawnstar and the assassination attempt on Senator Kiyoshi. She'd managed to stay calm enough to get out a "No comment," before scurrying off to the Senate chamber and finding her own repulsorpod.

The few minutes she had to herself were excruciating. Most of the Jedi were off at Ragoon VI to cremate Knight Lanik. She hadn't known who to turn to for information. They hadn't completed an autopsy on Lanik, so aside from the fact that he died of lightsaber wounds, she didn't know enough to have evidence. Worse, they were about to burn that evidence. She didn't have anything to work with. This was her first Senate meeting as an official representative of the New Jedi Order and already the pressure was mounting. Why couldn't someone else come and handle this? She wasn't as confident a speaker as Ryv or Loske or really anyone else. Still, they were better at other things too. She supposed she was the only one left who couldn't really help elsewhere.

She snorted. The thought was silly, just like she was being silly. With a few deep breaths and a little bit of effort she centered herself as the meeting began.

It would be difficult. She'd need to be careful about what she said here. She didn't have all the information, and she needed to make a good first impression as the representative here. Working as a scribe had helped her get her roots, but really establishing herself in the Senate would be incredibly difficult. She found herself considering what Senator Chandra would do. "If they're going to watch, do something extraordinary." Something like that. She wasn't sure how that might apply. Still, she did know that Adhira was almost always among the first to speak at these meetings...

Well, that chance had slipped away. But she needed to say something. The idea that the Lord Imperator -- which was a dangerous title, considering that the Galactic Alliance was largely anti-Imperial -- Vonar Ardinn proposed wasn't a good one. More regulations on the Jedi for the actions of one was foolish. If that were the case for all people, the Alliance would be an authoritarian regime constantly cracking down on vigilantism, crime, and dissent. More important, though, was the evidence brought by Senator Solborne. Auteme quickly read the contents of Lanik's journal, then took a deep breath. Chancellor Tagge might pity her but she needed to do her job. She needed to protect her fellow Jedi. She needed to give enough trust to the process.

Steadily the repulsorpod advanced towards the center. She could feel the eyes on her.

"If they're going to watch..."

"Honorable Chancellor and Senators of the Galactic Alliance, the New Jedi Order understands the concerns that this has brought on. Lanik Dawnstar's decision to act in such a way was forced because he believed that no one would have faith in him. I do not agree with his methods, and I do not think many of my fellow Jedi do, either. Knight Lanik may not have trusted the system, but we should. Hastily jumping to conclusions will lead to actions that do more harm than good," she said, her gaze locking onto the representative of Byss for a moment. "I can only advise that we allow the investigation of Marshals to continue and support them however necessary, such that the truth can be revealed. Have faith in our laws, our courts, and our investigators. That is how we achieve accountability. That is how we trust one another."

Well, it wasn't all that extraordinary. But she'd done it. And it wasn't half bad.

"I yield the floor."

Corala Gethsverg

C
Seeing the padawan float up and try to denounce Lord Vonar on his points, flinging to keeping to order and trying to act as if this was all just a fluke in the system; oh the words she would inflict upon that woman. She watched patiently, listening to what the girl had said, tapping her fingers against the railing as she felt her cue would be coming up. Madam Falcon gave a speech, demanding a look into the facts, preaching about intelligence praying into the matter, and then something in the back of her mind clicked.

Oh jeeze, what that her cue? That seemed to be a cue. Corala shook her head, touching the controls of her pod, as it descended into the den of political hell. She passed by many of them, not batting an eye, and knew that her she stood as the SIA Director and a stand in for Senator Adhire; no pressure right? She came to the stop point in the pod and looked about, then set her eyes towards Auteme Auteme , only to merely shaking her head. Children should stay out of politics, there was a reason there was a voting age after all. "My Esteemed Senators and Chancellor, I have some comments I wish to make before addressing Madam Falcon's statement." She turned towards the padawans pod, her eyebrow raised as she prepared her words. "Young woman, perhaps you are not aware, but the actions of one reflect on the actions of us all. Master Lanik might have lost faith in the system, but the question I believe are all asking here, is will this be a problem in the future. Is the jedi order to blame for what has happened here?" She propositioned, opening her arms towards the Senate, before looking back to the woman.

"We have enjoyed peace with the jedi for some time now, but there is always the concern where they may feel in their wisdom that they might know best, and that could quick devolve into a threat against not only fellow Senators, but the very Alliance. So we have a choice. Do we take steps to ensure this does not occur, or do we simply take the word of the jedi? That remands to be seen, but precautions should be taken regardless. The jedi are allies of ours indeed, but do allies go behind our backs and attempt to kill our government officials? I for one certainly hope not." She nodded towards Vonar Ardinn, before tackling the core of the padawan's statement.

"I believe Master Jedi and myself have different ideas of what accountability are. We should hold the jedi accountable for this act, even if one of the members acted against the will of the council, the question is as to why Master Lavik failed to work with us to eliminate this threat, rather than this act of bravado that resulted in two deaths and the grievous injury of one senator. As the newly instated Director of the SIA, I fully intend to investigate origins of the crime ring, with the resources on hand, as the accusations laid upon Senator Kiyoshi are serious indeed." She bowed her head forward, knowing that she was bound to catch flak for not having any actual information, but she simply didn't have anything other than frantic journal notes and the missing corpse of a jedi; not to mention it was already being investigated before she even took this position. "The truth of the matter, is that we don't have anything to levy at Senator Kiyoshi if such claims are to be believed, but what should be focused on here is do we continue to trust the jedi order to work with us, and should we take precautions to ensure the order does not become a rogue agency operating outside our government. I don't think I need repeat my earlier statement." She paused for a moment, hesitating just long enough to state: "I yield the floor.". She pressed a switch on her pod and retreated back to the top of the senate, feeling strangely uneasy about this whole affair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom