Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Good Day to Die Hard [Republic Invasion of Balmorra]

Objective: PvP
Allies: [member="Khallesh"] [member="Darth Vornskr"]
Enemies: [member="Kiyron"] [member="Aston Jacobs"]
Gear: Lightsaber x2, Vonduun Skerr Kyrric, Amphistaff, Razor bugs

Darth Pyrrhus had arrived late to the party. He had been preoccupied with his own experiments and rituals, temporarily isolated from the rest of the galaxy. When the call for war had come, it had not reached him. Thankfully it had not escaped his notice entirely. The Togruta Lord left behind his sentient experiment subjects, tortured and deformed. On his agenda now was to contribute to the Sith war machine and the destruction of the Jedi. Would this be the final campaign against the Sith's eternal enemies? Unlikely. An idea, a philosophy, this was something hard to eradicate from the galaxy. But they could be forced on the run, scattered across the galaxy as they had been before, as the Sith had been before. The cycle continued.

As was custom when he marched into battle, into war, Pyrrhus was clad in the imposing Vonduun Skerr Kyrric. The crab armour covered the Togruta in its dark shells, adapting to his physical composition. It was an intimate relationship with the living beings that latched onto his skin. They sustained one another. The tight proximity of their connection made it a gnawing itch impossible to ignore, though it was a sensation he welcomed. He found that it kept his senses sharp and his mind alert. Whenever he put it on, it always felt like it had been too long since he had felt its touch. A few razor bugs were attached to the Vonduun crabs. Starting from his upper back and shoulder, coiling itself further down around his right arm, was his loyal and most hungry amphistaff. Now the Sith Lord, emerged from his dropship like a horned devil. He wandered through the battlefield in search of his next test.

At the very least one benefit of being a late-comer was that it allowed him to enter the battlefield with fresh reserves when others would be tiring from their fighting. As soon as his ship touched down, he did not hesitate to get involved. His first victims were some unfortunate Jedi, who found themselves overwhelmed. Now their corpses lay carved open on the battlefield. Decay was coming for the light.

It didn't take him long to find his next target. This was a large group. Several dark and light presences, all coming together in one large clash on Balmorra. Pyrrhus summoned his fury. Fueled by rage, he launched himself forwards at a terrible pace. His hunger for battle raged deep within him. Late, as he was, he felt a need to compensate by moving quickly from battlefield to battlefield. Guided by Force Speed, there was a terrible darkness approaching the group. Perhaps they would sense it, perhaps they would be too distracted by their opponent to notice. Regardless, Pyrrhus was not making any efforts to mask his presence. He was here, in all his menace.

He would come charging in from the flank. Nearest to him was [member="Kiyron"], and so this man became his target. He appeared distracted, as his focus was on trying to turn the battle ahead in favour of the Republic. He probably wouldn't be expecting to see a Sith charging at him. But such was the nature of war. His lightsaber hissed to life, bathing his crab armour in its lava-like red. It would come crashing down in a powerful diagonal strike, from high left to low right, as the Togruta came out of his Force Speed rush. He was hoping to cleave him in half with the first strike, forever the optimist. Though one move was not exactly a lot of material to try to discern his style, the stance and way he moved seemed to suggest Djem So.

Gear: In signature (Grenades 2x Force Breakers, 2x EMP Grenades, 2x Anti-Force User Flash Bangs)
Objective: Fight somebody
Allies: [member="Vrag"] | [member="Eralam"]
Enemies: [member="Minna"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBhkMYE980​

The woman turned from the Iron Knight who was still fully capable of using the Force and mounted in a droid body he was dangerous. I was a pretty good distraction, and I had expertly pulled agro from the situation. Perfect. Defense, taking hits, and keeping moving were the things I excelled at as a biological. Pain was an inevitability in life, and my culture had taught me how to keep going through pain.

The droid fired almost a half a dozen rounds into her back as she turned. Well that sucks for her. With my ally in the firing lane I didn’t want to rattle off rounds, especially seeing as three of my four ranged weapons were electrical or ionic in type it would be foolish to fire such weapons and risk damaging the Shard’s droid form.

Better instead to back pedal away from the woman’s strikes, her lightsaber moving slowly, as though she was cutting through something as she swung. I popped the pin on a Force Breaker and kept a hold of my mace by the haft, using the handle of the beskar weapon to block the angry strikes for my legs as I moved backwards, and shifted to move to the left to put my ally out of the firing lane.

Dezoti

D
Gear:
Objective: Protect the wife
Allies: [member="Minna"]
Enemies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Vrag"] [member="Eralam"]

Overwhelming odds. Powerful gear. She always knew how to find the most trouble. In between Minna and this droid being the earth itself erupted, forming a wall just large enough to catch the shards blasts. Krest jumped down from his perch, between Draco and Minna. In his hands, a blue lightsaber. A grimace kept on his features as he faced down the heavily armored mandalorian.

Figures it would be a mandalorian.

Without looking the man would toss the contents of a vial he had in hand into the woman. Tears, altered by art of the small, were kept as an emergency counter to poisons, ailments, or force breakers. Within moments her connection would return was the gas was countered.

"Why are you alwaysnin these sort of situations.." Blue eyes kept forward, the man really only here to defend his wife from death.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgtLzfOC34[/media]​

Objective: Defend the Canyon
Allies: The One Sith | [member="Adekos"] [member="Yurzhoc Shai"] [member="Kylath Amadis"]
Enemies: The Republic | [member="Ali Hadrix"]

Forces:
500 x Infantry
10 x IW-02A Lohengrin
9 x IW-01A Phaedra
9 x IW-01B Croesus
8 x AT-AW
6 x Tartoros Class Walker
5 x IW-02B Tannhauser
The Republic fired on the probe droid in the vicinity. Whether they hit or didn’t, it did not matter. The Sith forces still had Qorih'kralt in the area. They stayed five hundred metres away from the forces. Just far enough away so as not to be easy fodder, but close enough to get a full view of the enemy forces, and transmit it back to the command center.

The paths under the MAT-TE’s crumbled, and Isamu watched in anticipation of their walkers falling to their doom. Debris from the canyon plummeted to a safe area on the ground below, but no walkers followed them. “They latched on…” Isamu thought to himself. It was a futile attempt on the part of the walkers. Although Isamu’s forces could not see them, as they were hidden in the concave, they knew where they were. Isamu’s artillery aimed above, and below, the concave, and let loose a barrage of missiles and artillery. The area of the concave, inside and around it, shattered, and fell to the ground below.

The Tannhausers took the brunt of the republic firepower, but soon buckled. One of their shields dropped, and a direct hit obliterated the right missile arm. The Tannhauser did not roll over and die, and roared with anger as it released its full firepower at the attacking Republic. Six artillery canons unloaded, the left missile arm fired eight missiles per minute, and the two missile launcher pods fired sixteen missiles per minute.

The other Tannhauser fared better, losing only its shielding. It, much like the first one, didn’t take the assault sitting down. It fired back with its full arsenal, the same as the first Tannhauser, but with an extra eight missiles per minute from its right missile arm.

Although the republic artillery had only briefly been in an attack position, it was long enough for the rest of the Lohengrin artillery walkers to unload their full payloads into them. An incredible amount of artillery shells and missiles descended on the republic artillery, and tanks.

Isamu had a reputation of being a somewhat unorthodox commander. His strategies would come off as highly unpredictable to his adversaries. As the Republic forces continued moving forward, they were fired upon from the other side of the canyon. Four of the AT-AW’s, which had been conspicuously absent from the battle so far, fired a burst of their entire arsenal into the side of the Republic forces.

Deception was Isamu’s key for this battle. Some caves had their opening closed, so as to conceal their heat signature from enemy scanners. When the enemy got into position, these closing were pulled down, revealing the AT-AW’s inside.

The Republic couldn’t hide on top of the cliff forever. Large cliff sides blocked their forward movement. They would need to descend back to the narrow paths they had originally walked, and fight through the Isamu Baelor’s forces. They could not walk around.

Summary of Actions:
  • Data continued to be sent by Vong
  • Artillery shattered the wall the MAT-AE were clinging to
  • Artillery fired back on enemy positions
  • More artillery fired on enemy positions
  • AT-AW’s unload full payload into the side of republic forces.

Damage:
  • 1 Tannhauser loses shield, and loses right missile arm.
  • 1 Tannhauser loses shield

Objective: PVP
Enemies: [member="Trin Gravois"] @Lucas Travois
Allies: [member="Alyona Volkovna"]
Gear in Bio

Stupid quick rat, Nolan slammed into the deck flamethrower filling the area in fire. As she dodged him, he could feel the tugging on his mind to find the Sithling attractive. But being a faithfully married man with a far larger hatred for Sith than this poor woman could hope to overcome, he laughed as the fire enveloped the pair of them. He became a fire demon as he rose in the flame with his Rhyno out and aimed at the gut of the woman and fired until the cylinder was empty. She had leapt in the air and her path was set, confirming her doom.

Ten rounds of .454 Casule heavy impact rounds would shred the skin of the Sithling and turn her into a holed cheese. The fire would consume the woman as well, as it had gone unchecked. Concealed in his armor he felt the heat and sweat dripped down his brow. As he would continue the onslaught of fire until the charred remains stopped moving.

Nolan realized as he cast his fire that his grenade belt became active. Behind the T-visor he grinned a wide grin. His grenade were exactly what is needed to stop these Sith from doing what they did best. The Force. After his grenade expunged all the contents into the air, the gas would sever the connection to the Force of everyone in the area, and with such a High dosage of the chemical, these Sith wouldn't be using the Force for over a week. He wouldn't feel the effects inside the sealed suit of armor.

Objective: Don't hold back
Allies: [member="Krest"]
Enemies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Eralam"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ujphWUArM

Instinctively Minna fell into a crouching position as she heard gunshots, expecting them to have ripped through her by now. As she looked back however she saw only rising rock, and on the other side an unsuccessful robot. Everything had changed so quickly; a wall now stood between her and the shard, a liquid had splashed over her, and at about the same time she felt the force flood back to her. Like a welcome fire on a cold winter's day it renewed her. With it's power in her hands, she wasted no time putting it to use.

"Life's no fun otherwise," A smirk to her husband was seen only for a second, before she quickly spun around and shot her spare hand towards the wall. As if she had punched it with her palm it broke, sending a chunk of the rock flying towards Eralam, enough to smash into his chest. Anticipating he would not simply stand there and take the hit, she followed through the gap in the wall with her lightsaber ready fast.

Behind him lay empty crates, no doubt meant for shipping the weapons made here. Her hand moved again, this time in a pulling motion to send them in to his back. At the same time as this she shot diagonally forward, ensuring the crate could not accidentaly hit her whilst aiming a low sweeping strike at the shard's legs, almost immediately followed through from the opposite direction with a high strike towards his shoulder and chest. Her attacks were different, the strength behind them multiplied over by the force which she could now call upon. For the most part her mind was set on taking this opponent out, whilst a small part hoped Krest could handle the Mandalorian...

Objective: Take the canyon
Allies: Republic
Enemies: One Sith [member="Isamu Baelor"] [member="Adekos"] [member="Yurzhoc Shai"]
Gear: Same as NPCs
NPCs

Lusk and his forces who were dug into various rock formations scattered about a good hundred meters looked at the incoming forces that were waiting for them to rush their position like this was World War One. It was almost kind of funny, that they thought the clones were going to rush a position that was held down with multiple walkers and infantry. But Lusk was going to destroy them anyway, because he had brought people who could hit a rebel at ten meters.

"You're gonna need a better class of soldier than these stormtroopers." He said to himself and all of his men.

"Alright boys! Engineers take out that AT-ST and soften up that position!! Snipers! Make them fear even sticking their heads up!" he yelled on his comms to his men.

"Infantry and medics! Hold fire and secure the perimeter! There's going to be some fire from those walkers more than likely!" Lusk quickly got down behind a rock and let his teams go to work.

With about thirty combat engineers equipped with Scrap maker and the other twenty carrying the ammo, ten lazed the massive AT-AT and designated the rounds to travel up and impact the top of the neck, travel bellow and impact, travel sideways, basically having each ten missiles travel in different directions within the hundred meter front to make them harder to shoot down and counter. As for the other twenty rockets, well they were about to find their way into the hearts and livers of Conner's weak front line. There was no strength in his armor anymore.

"Stand fast!!" Lusk said raising his right hand.

"FIRE!!" He yelled to his engineers.

The line of thirty guided rockets jetted forward each with a blast radius of about ten to fifteen meters that were designed to chase down and destroy star fighters. So it was safe to say they were moving pretty fast.

With snipers set up on their rocks the twenty Spaarti born Mantis troopers with their primed and ready Lance Snipers took aim at various storm troopers and started to open fire.

One specific sniper however looked beyond enemy lines and spotted a very important looking individual by the name of [member="Kylath Amadis"] with his breath steady the sniper took aim and squeezed the trigger sending a heavy bolt of armor piercing plasma headed dead center to the man's chest.

Objective: KillLocation: Balmorra
Objective: Kill
Enemies: Anyone who doesn't get the hell out of the way
Allies: Go Kark Yourself

https://youtu.be/NQ4S9ydkMG4

It seemed that everyone had their own ideas for how this duel was supposed to progress.

The Shard felt the nascent barrier forming between himself and [member="Minna"] because someone decided to show up to the party uninvited. Not going to happen. For starters, the time from her turn to his firing was less than a second, meaning that, even assuming [member="Krest"] was some sort of fortune telling ninja, he had exactly that much time to predict what was going to happen.

That's not a lot of time to build a barrier. Eralam visualized the whole thing as tendrils of will and intent solidifying into a wall between himself and the target, and sought to shatter those tendrils. Unless the interloper was a Master as well as a ninja and a fortuneteller, that barrier would mean kark all.

Meaning the bullets were still screaming at Minna at 260 meters per second over a gap of less than a meter with no warning.

Manners only went so far in warfare, and Eralam had no intent in cooperating with the enemy in creating their perfect engagement.

Dezoti

D

Passive aggressive or not, one cannot simply stop a rock from lifting. It want a force barrier, but a simple solid piece of earth. Was this a dream engagement? No, if it was perhaps the story would be better. Ah well it seemed. If people were going to get angry over Krest's involvement to save the life of his wife, they'd soon have to get over it. Even if it meant he died instead, she would live this day.

Gear: In signature (Grenades 2x Force Breakers, 2x EMP Grenades, 2x Anti-Force User Flash Bangs)
Objective: Fight somebody
Allies: [member="Eralam"]
Enemies: [member="Minna"] | [member="Krest"]

Stupid tears I have seen before. Art of the Small could allow them to do weird things, but okay. Do the trick twice. I advanced on the woman, popping another Force Breaker letting the gas fill our little area again. Without having to focus on Force Suppression this woman was in for a terrible, terrible surprise. Gripping the mace in one hand, I moved to where the Shard wasn’t in the line of fire. And started my attack.

Literally the line of fire. A pair of dragon’s breath darts exploded from my shoulders, filling the air in front of her with sparks and white hot magnesium shards. All I needed was a spark. I couldn’t conjure fire from nothing, but with a spark I could make a fire. With this, I could make an inferno. Tendrils of fire cascaded around the woman encircling her with red hot flames pressing at her as she stood now in the center of a tornado of fire, flames licking out at her from all sides.

The heat radiated, and I could see on my HUD my temperature regulator struggling to keep up with the increase of heat, and sweat started building up on my skin.

Have some more.” Firing these weapons didn’t require any effort. The two elongated white beams tore into the storm, hoping to paralyze her inside it.

Dezoti

D

Fire. Not the mans best choice. Fire just so happened to be something Krest could freely manipulate through the Force. Ignored so far, and still free to move, he simply turned his hand and reached into the fire Draco formed. Of course, the fire needed to be formed before he could control it, so Minna would certainly find herself bathed in flame, but that would fade quickly as Krest simply redirected it towards the mandalorian.

Yay fire.

Objective: Don't hold back
Allies: [member="Krest"]
Enemies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Eralam"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc

Just as Minna finished her strikes against the robot there came a terrible heat, as fire swirled around her as if from nowhere. Due to their proximity the fire would affect the droid too, but atleast he could back away from it. The temperature climbed, shocking her senses at first until it began to cool again. It swirled away by Krest's will, leaving Minna flustered but free. She spent little time recovering from the event, returning her focus on the shard. A quick charge forward and her lightsaber was whirling again. Swift strikes from the left and right, aiming to divert his defensive attention quickly between the two sides. After several seconds of this, she switched to higher, stronger strikes, hoping to keep his saber high enough for some time for her next strike to suddenly go down, angled across his stomach and thigh to catch his metal body and do some damage. Immediately after this strike, presuming his saber was still high, she twirled her saber while it was down, aiming to disarm the pistol from his hand and prevent him from having the range that gave him an advantage.

Allies: The One Sith | [member="Kala Maedrin"]
Enemies: The Galactic Republic | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Rexus Drath"]
Gear: Spidersilk / Shimmersilk dress. Lightsaber foil (waterproof and no dimetris circuits) Class! All my Vornskrs are dead :(

The Infantry blaster would send the grenade flying, only given more omph by Keira’s telekinetic push. It came straight at the durasteel wall that Cyrena had slammed down as a barrier between them, coming to a massive punch strike that would ignite the ordnance and send a massive ball of fire, shrapnel and debris everywhere.

The explosion would warp the durasteel blast door inward in a mighty concussion push, and while the bulk of the debris wouldn’t strike the sheltered duo, that didn’t mean that they would escape unharmed. The sound concussion and the sudden blast would erupt at eardrums, giving Cyrena an added dose of disorientation. Her ears rang, and a warm trickle would flow down her lobes as blood would start to pour.

Pain would rip through the Countess, and the scent of her own blood mixed with that of the Vornskr pups would entice the sudden lengthening of her fangs. Opaque white incisors would curve, sharp points glistening under the glow of the overhead lights.

Her face was twisted in a ferocious mask, and with a snarl Cyrena could only attack blindly. She was weakened of her connection to the Force, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t funnel her rage and pain. Not to mention, the rush of energy and support given to her by Kala provided much needed aid. Shuddering and breathing heavily, with tendrils of long black hair falling over her eyes, she would give a guttural cry as all focus went to shoving the metal barrier right up and through the air back at the duo.

Fingers would tremble, and her body practically hummed with the blood rage she felt, following with the drop and throw of two overhead liquid hot metal containers , aimed to toss their white hot contents right at the jedi in a splash of molten steel.

Objective B: PvP​
Allies: The One Sith​
Enemies: [member="Mak Manto"]​
The factory Floor, churning with activity. The roll of conveyor belts. Steam in thick mists spurting from a vast network of pipes. Also the large immensely hot furnace somewhere in the room. Not far from the two was a sign upon the wall.

Safety-Awareness-Sign-DSE-19496_300.gif
[SIZE=9pt]Image Source: ComplianceSighns.com[/SIZE]​
Jar’Kai? Bix narrowed her eyes upon Mak as he ignited his two sabers. Not the choice she would have made giving the surroundings. Her expression quickly hardened as she let her hate and anger flow through her.
SNAP
HISS
In her right hand, her saber ignited and matched her own passion. The crimson blade crackled and pulsated with malice. It hummed a dark rhythmic tune promising nothing but pain and death.

“So be it”, she answered grimly. Bogan pulsated through blood, muscle, and bone. Empowering her, she sprang into movement. The swiftness that she moved left a blur of her image. With a leap upwards she span in the air. An arc of movement that would take her to her left.

In midflight her saber had whipped out striking out at one of the many water cooling pipes. Sparks flew as it bit deeply into the metal. The pressure of the scolding hot water gushed out. Timed perfectly the large stream of boiling hot water came close but did not hit Bix. By the time it left the pipe she continued her trajectory to the left of where she stood before.

The jet of boiling water though shoot out in the position of where Mak was or is still standing? Water with enough pressure and heat to burn and melt flesh.

Bix though, she finished her flip. She landed on the conveyor belt. The conveyor belt was moving away from Mak. That did not mean she was running. Sokan, she was tacitly using her surroundings.

Allies: Corvus Raaf
Enemies: Vaulkhar, Darth Vornskr

| [member="Darth Vornskr"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Vaulkhar"] |

At the control booth, Arsix finished his jack. The crane activated, wooshing across the expanse- above the heads of engaged forces of the Republic and Sith- towards two Sith and a Jedi Knight. Beeping excitedly, Arsix removed his jack and moved out of the booth. Activating his jet pack, he began to fly down to the bottom.

Ella turned to look at the crane that was coming in. She then turned to look at Vornskr and Vaulkhar. "Until next time, my Lords." Voice dripping in sarcasm, the Jedi Knight back flipped onto the crane and was taken away from the platform. Dropping off the crane, she made her escape.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcvQFZ3dooQ[/youtube]
Location: The Balmorran Arms Factory (Somewhere near the upper levels)
Objective: keel & b keel'd
Allies: The 1Siff ft. [member="Vaulkhar"] w/ special guest [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] & DJ [member="Khallesh"]
Enemies: The People's Democratic Republic of Chazwa, ft. [member="Kiyron"] & [member="Aston Jacobs"] along with the artist formally known as [member="Ella Nova"]
Equipment:

The sharp twang of danger blossomed across his heightened senses, alerting him to the oncoming crane as it swept across the demolished platform. Reacting quickly, Vornskr flung himself to the side and narrowly avoided the crane as it skid along the platform. He watched as Knight Nova jumped high into the air and landed on the crane, and was whisked away to safety as it continued to swing. He had half-a-mind to give chase, but she was well out of his reach and beyond his view. He would allow her to flee this time, next time she might not be so fortunate. The Sith Lord deactivated his lightsaber and stood upon the smoldering edge of the observation platform, his eyes looking down into the burning yard as the battle continued to rage across the factory. He could not see Grandmaster Raaf, and concluded that she had survived the fall; he would have sensed it if she had perished, and had fled from the battle.

Again the Grandmaster slipped through his clutches like she had at Cularin, even though the operation had been concluded as successful with the destruction of the Jedi Temple and a large section of the planet's ecosystem via orbital bombardment. Still, she could not escape forever; and thanks to her chatty disposition he now had gleaned some prudent information from her regarding ways to inflict pain upon her. Still, the identity of the women in question eluded him, although he had tasted a peculiar aura when he had probed the artifact that hung from her neck.

It tasted of blue and purple, if such colors could be categorized into tastes. He really had no other descriptors for it.

An inquisition for later, he mused, as his eyes caught the familiar flair of his apprentice, Darth Pyrrhus, rushing across the battlefield to engage a gaggle of Republic ne'er do wells, one of which was on a walkway just above the rest of the action. From his elevated position he dropped down, using various ranges of elevation to descend swiftly and without injury until he had landed upon the factory main floor. Several Jedi attempted to rush him from the side, petty peons they were and had no idea of the death they had aggravated.

They would learn why he was a King, and they were little more than peasants.

He raised his right hand and let loose torrents of brilliant cerulean lightning bolts from his gnarled fingertips, killing all three instantly as the arcs of dark power blasted through their bodies and burnt their bone black. The force of the impact sent their smoldering corpses flying into the distance, but before they even hit the ground Darth Vornskr had already moved on. He set himself on a path of indiscriminate killing, cutting down Republic soldier and Jedi alike until he had reached his apprentice. He let himself be known to the Togruta, but would let him take the initiative in the fight to come.

Objective PvP
Location Arms factory
Allies> GR [member="Minna"]
Enemies OS, [member="Vrag"] [member="Sage Bane"]

She had lured the mandalorian away and for that he was grateful. Now remained two opponentes. One sith lord at a time would have been enough but fate had decided otherwise and they seemed attracted to him, like the tiniest spark of light to bring them in like moths.

The three headed snakes plunged forward, being a swordman Mantic reacted swiftly to protect himself from being dissarmed in the straightforward atttempt. He slashed upward forcing the head of the third snake to retreat or risk a powerful hit.
Empowered with his force valor Mantic also managed to jump up and avoid the second snakes attempt to trip him.
Then [member="Vrag"] s power drew him down again and the last attack by the vongified arm yanked Mantic to the ground. He pressed his knee toward the ground where the dark queen had thrown the jelly/like creature, something Mantic did not care to avoid.

Hence as he tried to stand the glue had his shin stuck.

While this was a most disturbing realisation for the jedi he also noticed that the snake like tentacle of the other sith had one of his arms equally stuck as it was wrapped around Mantics leg.

"Well," he whispered and threw an embarrased look at [member="Sage Bane"] ".... this was awkward..."

He realized that these people were perhaps not the best choice for his dry humor, but the thought escaped his lips without him being able to help it. At the same time he noticed the odd predatorial ability of the slime. It slowly crawled upward on his lower leg. His armor made a feint protesting sound as the vong weapon tried to digest it. It would take time to devour ulhrachrome armor however and for the time being Mantics flesh was safe from the attacking jello.

Mantic was a warrior through and through, he was able to handle pain, fatigue and ignore most other perils of war fare. But these strange sith weapons were beoynd his knowledge, they seemed immune to his saber and whatever the slime was he had no idea on how to counter it.
A battle hardened jedi knight of the old school he had no consideration for his own life apart from that if it was lost, it would mean one less protector of peace.

Still it was worth to risk it if he could rid the world of a sith lord, two to be precise.

Hoping that the two dark siths would expect him to launch a final desperate flurry of his saber he then instead tried a trick.

Up on the far shelf rested rows of crates, as they had entered Mantic had seen the mark of explossives on them and suddenyl his free arm tore upward and pulled it all down, and with a flick of his hand the first grenade exploded above them.
He curled up raising a force bubble around him hoping it would be enough to withstand some of the splitter. The bubble would however not allow him any further actions and he was still stuck to the floor.
It was a clean trick, hoping that they would be surprised enough to fail raise defences in time.

Then death appeared.
Splitter and metal rained itself unto the three of them as dozens of grenades exploded around them.

Allies: Stebbles, One Sith, [member="Isamu Baelor"], [member="Adekos"], [member="Sinistra"], [member="Kylath Amadis"]
Enemies (Not attacking): [member="Ali Hadrix"], [member="Commander Lusk"], [member="Alva Calvarona"],
Enemies (Attacking): [member="Veris Tagge"] (please pm Sinistra if you do not wish to engage me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3jFTzhdZF4​

The pizza had long passed from mouth to gut, the Yuuzhan Vong Warrior obviously more inclined towards the taste of things then his fellow warriors. But for now, his stomach growled with need and what laid before him were the dead steamed carcasses of small vonduun crabs. The armor moved against him and he rubbed it soothingly. "No no Slim, you are different." He licked his lips and dug in, pulling the legs from the bodies and mashing the shells with his strong hands, breaking the softened chitin. Each break spit condensed water into the air and he slid the meat from the shell, dipping in butter. "You are armor, Slim. This is food." He ate gleefully, going at another body.

The defensive perimeter of the base was being held tight and fast, whatever attackers were doing, they seemed to be fixed on other pieces. That was fine, gave the warrior more time to consume. Just then, signal from the Qorih'kralt gave way to a moving force, ascending a plateau within the canyon, of numerous available. Flicking his hand at the sight of the blast bugs, he initiated an attack from the 15 Yaret-Gavvuk planted within the canyon. Lobbing artillery from braced and covered position, they would fire blue plasma orbs of decimation from their pulsing bodies. With a suitable range of of 45 km within atmosphere, the world was their oyster. And with the communication back to a coordinator, all was going well in that regard. But with winds and numerous plateaus between, the 3-d rendering of images could only do so much.

The main garrison and encampment felt silent, despite the rattling of rubble and the echo of blasts in the distance. Everything kept as it was, monitoring and moving to intercept. This location may be best taken from afar, but it wouldn't be done so unknowingly. Not with the the Qorih'kralt on high, the dovin basticks mounted upon rakamat to intercept certain munitions, and the watchful eye of the Mern Kane. Not to mention the riders, all 50, who had taken to flight upon Nuhlrokka to engage the skies. Supported by their Yorik Vec cruiser, time would only tell if they would be needed for this attack.

NPC Template:

Units (first Wave):
300 Yuuzhan Vong Elite Warriors
100 Mern Kane
6 Rakamat
3 Grokata
50 Nuhlrokka
15 Defensive Yaret - Gavvuk
In atmospere:
30 Yorik Vec, cruising over heard
Multitudes of Yorik-Trema, from cruisers in space. They will drop additional forces as secondary pushes for defense.
Objective: Nomming, passing the time and defending a main garrison.

Allies: One Sith, [member="Darth Ophidia"]
Enemies: [member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]
Equipment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwmr2yrb4i0​
It wasn't the strike that pleased him, though it had it's own form of charm. It was the quiver, the tremble the amphistaff, that presented within him any form of passion and glee. Her whisper, among the obvious internal musings, made him even more the happy. For him, hate was the sharp edge of a knife against the pencils edge, the hammer against the iron, and the heat in the forge. The sort of resentment and loathing he saved for times like these, he saved it for when it was needed. A cold forge becomes a cooking one in the flash, smell of hot earth and clay rising from the stack, he was happy to have this. And as he followed her in her backpedaling, he whispered back. "They hate you too."

It was true, the amphistaff had even said so, through a delicate conversation. Gabriel had done careful picking of his paired weapon, Amphistaff with Chom-Huun, as if to not bare the same hatred. He needed that focus, a desire within the beast to cut opponent down where she stood. Or for now, where she ran. This was starting to feel like a game of cat and mouse, though he didn't mind all that much. Despite his age, his physical prowess was at a prime, melding between athletic aspirations and the strength of vong forming latching deep into the membrane. Into the soul. He felt their whispers now, their plea to fight. And he answered.

It was an odd sensation as he followed, though leading back just a bit. While one weapon was gone, he was sure she had more. He should keep up, close the distance and remove that advantage. So he did, closing in as she pressed against the wall. But all the while, he would have abandoned the use of the force for the time being, depending more on his constant training and ache for the brutal and close fight. In his right hand, the chom-huun sang it's own song of hate. In his left, the amphistaff formed and erect spear that he held at mid length. Striking towards her, he would aim for a generalized downward swipe at her left shoulder. The amphistaff would respond in kind, spraying a small squirt of acid towards the cut in her suit, hoping to be caught off guard by the saber swing. Simultaneously, the pointed end would charge towards her chest.

All the while, his force connection would foster a promise for future use. His feet were separated but close, he put his weight forward but prepared, as any Makashi use would, to step right or left. And in the off chance of a surprising counter, he would lean on the blinding speed cultivated through injections of the force, one of his most powerful abilities.

Allies: Republic (I guess, no idea whose nearby)
Enemies: [member="Agamemnon"] [member="Adekos"] and the Sith

Gear: Dragoon Class Combat Armor, Crinan Energy Blades, Slicewire, E-11 Blaster Rifle

Clicking her teeth and interrupting her chanting, Alva threw herself to the side of the charric shot before she watched her mechanical enemy retreat out of sight. A sigh escaping her lips as she wondered how the droid possibly thought that would help matters. It wasn't as if the force relied on sight, it was a sense, a feeling after all, and she hadn't exactly lost track of where her opponent was either. Still, she supposed she only had herself to blame for letting the charric shot interrupt her focus. Not that it mattered, there were still plenty of ways for her to combat the machine that felt itself so superior. She wondered how new this contraption was as she surveyed the area briefly, for just a second. After all, she hadn't heard word about it yet, so it either had to be new or rarely active on the battlefield.

Regardless, it was clear it lacked a certain type of experience. Its weapons were incredibly well devised and its attack patterns weren't bad at all. Yet looking back, Alva didn't seem to recall using the force to actually do much to defend herself. There had been the missile, but for the most part she had used it offensively in small bursts or to gain greater distance. The majority of the fight had simply been a result of outperforming the droid in actual swordplay and having had foreknowledge not to stupidly try and let her shields take hits from a beamer or charric due to personal experience with both weapons. Not once had she done an impossible feat, in fact most was rather simple.

Just like her next move as she couldn't help but grin. Their fight had moved them around a bit, but once more they were near where the battle had started, where the droid had first slaughtered her unprepared squad and she had dismembered their risen corpses. A glance was enough to verify what she wanted was intact, and Alva was anything if not happy to avoid being wasteful of resources. Storm Commandos were equipped just like Stormtroopers aside from their reflec coated armor. Which meant each soldier was at least carrying a single thermal detonator, and either an ion or cryoform depending on the operation. Reaching out with the force, Alva wasn't hesitant to pluck the explosives from the dead soldier's belts, her eyes watching the rocks the droid had hidden behind, daring him to try and move while she kept her senses tracking him as well.

As the the grenades rolled away from the corpses, Alva counted from among the dead troopers that six thermal detonators and a pair of ion grenades were her total. There were four cryoform grenades, but she would save those defensively. Now as for the her attack, Alva smiled as her chanting commenced, muffled by her helmet as a trio of the thermal detonators lifted into the air and a gust of air blew over them, their three second timers being taken into account with the distance, throwing them forward, one on either side of the rocks the machine had taken refuge in, the rest primed and waiting to be launched later, the crinan woman eager to see if the machine emerged and survived the blasts only to be bombarded with more.

Which, speaking of blasts of bombardment, was what was now happening to the forces of [member="Adekos"] as a click in the crinan woman's ear noted the beginning of a very bad time for the Sith forces. As described during various points of the fight, and from the very start in fact, the second surviving unit of Storm Commandos, in their reflec coated armor, had still been setting up mines along the the side of the cliff face throughout the course of her fight with the mechanical menace. Their original purpose for being there so far in the canyon to begin with. Now finished setting up their share of the explosives, and hoping that Commander Calvarona finished her fight so they might collect more from their fallen comrades, the Imperial Storm Commandos began moving atop the canyon to a safe position before detonating their charges.

They had been here long before the Sith forces had ever made landfall. Initially they had planned to lay their charges above the vong should they have came forward to engage the Republic, but a convenient Sith in an isolated position was perfect as well. They had been working on this for some time now, it was no fault of their own for a Sith to enter the same area of the canyon where they had managed to be. Their reflec coated armor wouldn't appear of normal passive scanning, all while they did their work in the shadow of the cliff face, setting the mines above the artillery and walkers of the Sith forces. Now as they stood a distance away from their charges planted across the rockface, the Imperial Commandos pinged their commander embroiled in her personal battle before the boom sounded through the canyons.

They couldn't help but admire their own handiwork. After all, as large chunks of the canyon began to fall towards the destroyer droids and walkers below, the soldiers of the Empire wondered how the Sith intended to deal with a sudden barrage of boulders and rubble created from fifty meters of cliff side blown over their heads about to crush them. After all, vehicles tended to have a very bad time firing straight above them, and it wasn't as if they were nimble looking craft either. Those forward only mounted shields didn't look like they would be very helpful either under the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom