Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Friendly Warning [Mandalorian Protectors]

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig listened on. Well this was interesting to say the least. Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch leading a call that had rallied one of the Jedi, Katherine Holt Katherine Holt , and Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla . It was good to see some unity in wanting to fight. He'd give a simple nod, stepping forward. "Consider me and my clan in. I'll ask the others too." Somthing would catch his ear though. He honestly didn't see much of an issue with the idea of evacuating the area during the battle. It's what he'd do. Then though.... He heard Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel . Any of the Force sensitives there may've felt the well of turmoil going through his mind. He stepped up, looking the man in the eye.

"And here I thought I wouldn't be hearing this kinda talk again.... If evacuating makes a Mandalorian a coward, then I'm the biggest coward here, Mereel. You think me fleets come from battle? That we chose to fly through the black for years? Tell me. Ships that can more than the needed crew, defend massive swaths of space with flak batteries, and built by a shipyard that can run would be the marks a fleet that was built from that kind of fight and not survival?. You think it's why there are aruetii (outsider, foreigner) that I probably trust more than some vod here?" Some might have noticed the slight arching in Mig's hands at this point, a minor spurt of Force Lightning. "I already thought I was doing the right thing following on mando'ad who claimed the mantle into that kind of brick wall. I lost more tat (Concordian Mando'a version of "Vod," sibling/Mandalorian/etc...) to that time than I care to admit. And since done my best to keep the way out safe for others, cause we didn't karking have it." He heard Mia Monroe Mia Monroe taking a breath to calm himself. He was still clearly annoyed, but there was a task at hand. He looked over to her, nodding.

"I have the ships. Some really big ones too. I'm willing to help defend Mandalore if that's what it takes to stop this, but if things go from bad to worse... if we fail here..... The seats are open till there's no choice." It was definitely strange, seeing Mig note he'd still be will to fight after give his tirade. He wouldn't leave anyone to wolves though. Not if he could help it.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Aron Thress Aron Thress Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Ordo Ordo Liorra Liorra Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali Artemis Verd Artemis Verd Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Keratel Rekali

This place is not a place of honor
Kay found himself nodding along with Mig Gred Mig Gred 's words. Clan Rekali's experience had been parallel. The yes or no of evacuation, as far as Kay was concerned, was a practical decision, not an ideological one. You figured out the best achievable goal and then took what actions would get you there, no matter how you felt about it. Anything else, back home in the Hard Roil, meant you'd burn out in a radioactive cinder.

He picked up a glass from the bar and stared at it for a moment. He studied the way the bonds of glass formed a multilayered latice that overlapped forming a hardened structure. And yet.

"Be unmade." he told the glass, and so it was. The sand slipped through his fingers and onto the floor.

He looked at Mia and then the room full of people he didn't recognize.

"Beskar doesn't run from the heat and the hammer." He said as he picked up another glass, "It uses the heat to be made strong and the pressure to be shaped."

He handed the glass across the bar to be filled.

"It's for the forgemaster to know when the heat and hammer are enough. Jetiise do not know these things. They are water and air, they know nothing of steel."

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel @It's short don't worry about it.

He spoke, with more understanding than most.

"Ni jorhaa'ir be meg Ni kar'taylir, Liberator." -1

Tracyn said, watching the Liberator and Valey converse. He paced around the room, hands folded neatly in front of him. He was like an owl, searching the field for a mouse. He always had the air of a predator about him, a constant looming threat of coiled violence. He walked near Aron, standing over the younger Padawan. He looked down at him sternly, raising an eyebrow, indicating wordlessly that he was disappointed in his choice of words. But now was not the time to chastise anyone.

Ijaat was correct. The Jedi did not understand the Mandalorians.

But Tracyn did. He looked at the Liberator, then over to Valery.

He looked at his gathered kinsmen, stopping to stare at Ordo Ordo . He walked over, crossing over to the side where the Mandalorians sat, stood, and listened. Tracyn took it upon himself to pour Ordo's glass, filling it and placing it gently in front of him. He took a deep breath, before turning to the Mandalorians.

"I will not speak in our tongue that I do not share any longer. I no longer wear the armor, and I no longer follow the creed. But I understand you all more than any Jedi here."

Tracyn looked over at Valery, then to the Mandalorians.

"I will speak more plainly than they shall, or are able to comprehend. The Jedi, and more likely, the Alliance are not just here to deliver a warning. The Liberator is correct. The message could be delivered in person. What the Jedi are asking-"

He stopped, looking at the Mandalorians, each and every one of them before continuing.

"Is for your help as much as a warning. The Jedi here do not understand your ways, your lives, your homes. They do not know the importance of Mandalore, for they do not understand, or may have never had, attachment to such a thing. Their culture is in the lightsabers, in their teachings, their words and in their Masters. It is not a place, or a thing, or an armor. They simply do not understand. Forgive their slights- their ignorance to the Mandalorian way, is all."

He looked around the room, sternly.

"Who recalls the Dark Harvest? We face an enemy such as that, once more. The Mandalorian stood firm then. We ask that you stand firm with us, for the betterment of all those who stand against the Sith. We also- know, that the Sith have set their weary eyes on Mandalore, for aid, or as threat. They will come, with an outstretched hand or with a sword."

Tracyn stood in front of Mia, knowing her to be the leader, along with the elders gathered, Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel , Ordo Ordo , Mig Gred Mig Gred .

"The Blackwing comes, and we ask that Mandalore- and more importantly, her sons and daughters, help us stem the tide."

Translation:

1. Roughly 'it feels the most appropriate'.

goobers: Valery Noble Valery Noble l Aron Thress Aron Thress l Liorra Liorra l other jedi idk
mandalorians: Mia Monroe Mia Monroe l you know who you are you wear friggin armor

Last edited:

Keratel Rekali

This place is not a place of honor
Tracyn Ordo Tracyn Ordo had nailed down the answer to one of Kay's questions, and it seemed pretty clear now that this incursion was at to early a stage to give a definitive answer to the other one. If this was probably 'Blackwing+', not stock, the first order of business had to be securing samples and getting them to the right people. Who the right people might be was up in the air, but getting to Yavin Four and securing them - that was something Kay could do. He faded back into the crowd and headed out. He did tag Shev Skirata Shev Skirata on the way, and maybe a couple others would come along, but that wasn't a conversation for right here and right now.

Marshal, Journeyman Protector

"I will not forbid any Mandalorian under my rule from assisting you. But neither will I demand they rally to your cause. Each Clan or House will decide on their own. For myself, I will marshal our defense here, and name a second from the Protectors who wishes, if any do, to aid you and yours on your front. After all, we must think of the children, as you pointed out. I would also recommend a study in our ways for some of this delegation before they are brought to such meetings again..."

There it was, in plain basic, so even some of the aruetii, no, Jetiise, could understand. They weren't just strangers here. Jedi were Jedi. They had their own motives, usually benevolent, often mysterious and sometimes misguided. Arla wanted to volunteer herself to liase with the Jedi and help coordinate Mandalore's response, but she had other duties that came first. She was Mand'alor's fist, and would go where he sent her. Or she would remain at his side.

Mia and Mig and others spoke good sense. There were many voices all expressing views. Arla threw hers in there too, as much to be heard as to speak words that had yet to be said, in better ways, by others.

"Theres an old saying. My enemy's always my enemy, but we can both get smart and put that aside while we deal with a common threat. We're sold on the common threat. Respect for coming here and telling us to our faces what is coming. Gratitude, even, though you won't get that from many, I'll say it.

Thankyou."

Arla let that go for half a second. It was a good idea for Mand'alor to name someone to work with the Jedi in the campaign to come. There would no doubt be many battles to keep the scourge away from Manda'yaim as much as was possible. If it came to their home, though, most if not all of them would rather die defending it than run away.

"We'll fight. We'll fight our way, and we'll fight for our homes and our children. You worry about you and yours. Leave our business to us."

She looked towards Master Noble as she spoke, her look not unfriendly, but her words were much for the vode here as well as the Jedi. She didn't want this to get out of hand, there were obviously bad feelings between the two groups going back millennia. She wasn't going to pretend otherwise, no one would stand for it if she did. Practicality got to the core of things.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Clxe04R.png

"The Gred fleet has been aiding victims of war since I was a child" Aloy spoke to Mia Monroe Mia Monroe and Mig Gred Mig Gred , barely letting her eyes off the map.

"The Back Fleet however is small, designed for precision strikes behind enemy lines. I can steal more ships but until then, we're not equipped for humanitarian projects or ferrying additional head counts. Clan Gred is the optimal choice"

Tracyn Ordo Tracyn Ordo and Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel 's voices were some of the few to drag her attention away from the map. Ordo's presence was of conflicting character to Aloy in that the melding of Mando'ade and The Force had always been quite the paradox in her opinion, though his understanding of both cultures would do much to ease the tensions.
That was an opportunity she had overlooked for too long.

And so, when Ijaat Mereel spoke of volunteering a second to support the Jedi, The weathered Vizsla paused to consider.

"If we survive the initial defense, perhaps I can embed with the Jedi. For a time"
She looked up to Mereel as if asking permission, then to Valery Noble Valery Noble and her entourage.

"You do not know me, But my clan has history with the Jedi, as does my immediate family. The Enclave already believes us cowards for speaking against the crusade into Alliance territories. Should they learn of our cooperation, perhaps The Black Fleet will take the blame and not The Protectors"

Mandalore
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: @Everyone

Valery placed a hand on Aron Thress Aron Thress ' shoulder and kept him back a step. She did offer him a faint smile, knowing that what he said came from a place of wanting to help. But right now, it was best if he didn't say anything to provoke them even more. The Mandalorians needed to hear this warning, and they needed a solid plan to address it. They weren't going to run, she knew, but they still had a choice about how they were going to fight.

They could remain here and defend their home, they could take up arms and go after this plague themselves, or they could side with the Alliance to handle this common threat.

Her fiery gaze shifted to Liorra Liorra and Valery offered her a warm smile for the way she vouched for her. "Thank you, Liorra," Valery said before finally turning to the Mandalorians again.

"I appreciate any help your people are willing to offer. In return, I'll also offer my own personal services to protect this world, should any of the undead find their way here." She looked at Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel and nodded, "While we fight, we'll also need to make attempts to study the plague better. Alliance scientists will do so, but perhaps we can aid each other in gaining samples. Perhaps there is a way for us to get vaccinated that way." Theories for now, but they needed to try every avenue.

"For now, I plan to lead a group of Jedi to strike at targets around Yavin very soon. To reduce the pace of it spreading and offer people still trapped on neighboring worlds a way out. I would welcome any help." Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla and Mia Monroe Mia Monroe already seemed to step forward to assist, but she'd welcome anybody.

Aron opened his mouth to speak, to defend the way he thought to this Mandalorian with Amber Eyes, but felt the hand on his shoulder and looked over to Master Noble, and stopped himself, then at Master Ordo. Immediately the shame of his actions, jeopardizing the negotiations, hit him in full force and he hung his head down after mouthing “I’m sorry.” To the both of them.

He had meant well, but Aron knew next to nothing about Mandalorian culture. He had assumed that he knew best in this situation, that his mind was the sharpest. That his heart was the truest. But hearing how passionately the Mandalorians had rejected his idea was a rude awakening for the young Padawan. He turned back to the Mandalorians and exhaled shakily before bowing his head before them as a gesture of his apology.

He wanted to verbally apologize, to say he just didn’t understand, and to forgive his ignorance, but Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel spoke remarkably plainly. If Aron spoke again their mission was a failure, and Aron did not wish to test the conviction of that demand. He didn’t object to be pulled back. It wasn’t his place, it was never his place to try to advise these people. As shame run rampant across his face, he kept his eyes down at the floor as the others spoke.

Jedi: Valery Noble Valery Noble Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Tracyn Ordo Tracyn Ordo
Mandalorian: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla and everyone else I’m sorry big sleepy.

Mia looked to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla frowning at her words. "Let the Enclave throw their blame around, Aloy, its nothing but hot air when we're talking about survival."

She clocked the Rekali kid leaving, if the rekali's were as she remembered them, she had a good idea of where he was headed. Her eyes slid back to Val at the mention of samples. "We'll let you know if we find anything, whatever research is done I'm sure we can exchange. In the mean time..." she looked for Liorra Liorra finding the girl settled at her table again "there are people who could do with our help now, no ad'ika? Lets see if we can't give them help. Come on."

She moved to Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel stepping in front of him, she pressed her forehead to him briefly in farewell. "Ni malyasa'yr cuyir norac catnat." A squeeze of his hand and she was away. "Elise, with me. Mig if you're done here?"

A glance around the room, she gave a nod to Tracyn Ordo Tracyn Ordo and Valery Noble Valery Noble .

"We go to Vjun. Those who wish to join can. Jetii included."

Beckoning Elise and Liorra, she swept from the Oyubaat.

[Exit thread - heading here]

Dreamseer_flair.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise nodded silently to Mia as she beckoned her and Liorra to follow. Elise pulled her red hood over her buy'ce and followed Mia without hesitation. There were so many questions and concerns swarming in her head. Kranak Vizsla's granddaughter was still unsure on how much the Jedi could be trusted. It was not up to her however, and she had to lean on Ijaat and Mia's better experience and judgement. Furthermore, Elise was worried about Malum's well being in all of this. Elise despised the Sith for their wretched deeds, but she had never hated Malum Marr. As Elise walked past Valery Noble, she felt a great unease. This woman had slaughtered her auntie, and a part of her wanted to lash out at her for it. Perhaps, the grief and anger could be felt by the Jedi Master, but perhaps it could not. Elise clenched her fist as she hastened her footsteps, past her, and towards Mia's ship.

Soon, they were in the ship. Elise gave Liorra a nod of acknowledgement, <"Thanks for coming with us. I look forward to getting to know you.">

Elise was nervous as she spoke, looking away, as if uncertain as to how to simply make friends. But in her voice, beneath her visor, her words were sincere. She already liked Liorra, from the compassion and guts she showed outside.

In the cockpit, the Ajayid managed to step next to Mia and leaned in close, <"I trust you, Al'verde. But I hope you know what you're doing... Noble killed my auntie.">

Elise hissed, grabbing her cloak and pulling it around her as a self soothing mechanism, <"But these innocent lives, the ones we heard from Liorra's distress signals. They are far more important than some petty grudge.">

Elise walked away, starting to prepare the ship for takeoff.

(Exit.)

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Valery Noble Valery Noble Liorra Liorra

elisemaybe.png

Liorra was only halfway through chugging her glass of fizzy glug when Mia Monroe Mia Monroe caught her eye. She nearly choked on her soda as she set it down and patted herself down. "Oh, yes, yes, of course!" she exclaimed excitedly, glancing over at Starlight. "You didn't take my coin purse, did you?" She stared at the cat, who stared right back. Lio stood up and found her coin purse as it fell to the ground. Grabbing it, she placed her payment on the table and signaled her droid to follow.

"It was very nice meeting you all!" she happily shouted, waving at everyone. "And nice to see you again, Master Noble!" Liorra raced out of the place, following Mia. "Come on, Rek! I'm sure Mia's got a ship. She has to have a ship. If not, we can take ours. What do you mean no?" she exclaimed at the droid, who raced ahead of her. "Wait! We have to go to Vjun! Rek!" Lio chased her droid. "She has a ship! It's this way! Stop telling me they're gonna make you into scrap!"

"The virus doesn't work like that!"

After enough shouting, Lio managed to convince her droid that no harm, at least of the virus variety, would befall it. She caught her breath as she climbed aboard the ship, Rek still beeping away his displeasure at being brought along. "Oh, yes, I look forward to working with you, too, too..." Her brow furrowed as she pondered which word to use in the moment. Liorra wasn't normally this excitable; she was usually quiet and reserved. However, with so much happening, young Lio was eager to help others, whether it was aiding in evacuations or dealing with zombies. "Wait, Liberator, and uh..."

Lio tilted her head, unable to recall the other one's name. "Vis...la, Vizla, Wiszla?"

"Plants can eat zombies, right?"

/exit thread\

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira
Ordo Ordo | @everyone else, there's a lot.

Tracyn Ordo Tracyn Ordo

The large armored man, accepted the glass and held it on the bar. He looked at the man through the visor of his helmet. They both knew where the other stood after a fashion. And as much as they were very different they were also very alike. But neither of them were the same as when they last met and Ordo's time here was very much limited to the scope of his purpose. He was War now and only here as a fulcrum. The force would take over when he was finished, as was right.

"Stay strong, Tracyn." He said as he left the empty glass on the bar, "I'll save you a place when I go home."

He stepped toward the door and was gone.

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig looked at Ijaat for a bit longer, listening to any response he had before hearing Mia. He took a breath, sliding his helmet on before looking around. "Leddie. I want you to stay here for now, ok? Got something bad to deal with, but I'll be back, ok? Sorry I have to go now, but....." Leddie just nodded, though she didn't seem mad or anything.

"I know. Go get'em." Mig smiled under his helmet, quickly heading to his ship and tapping into his clan's comms. "Valsk. Get me what you can to Vjun and around Mandalore. We have a new operation coming, but I need whatever you can patch together now."

"Understood. I'll see what we can get there ASAP."

(Exit.)

Valery Noble Valery Noble Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Aron Thress Aron Thress Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Daesyn Rodarch Ordo Ordo Liorra Liorra Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Keratel Rekali Keratel Rekali Artemis Verd Artemis Verd Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Mando'ade ,OYA! You heard the Liberator. Now do what we do best."

Turning to Valery, he spoke quietly.

"Master Noble, I understand your intent better now. You are welcome to leave a delegation here for aid and communication. No more than three of your Order. But if we are to assist each other, I would also like to send some members of my House, under the direction of my son, Darius Mereel Darius Mereel , to assist you as well. A show of mutual understanding, it will go a long way to quieting discontent amongst the Clans when they hear we are working together against this threat. And it goes without saying, you turn on us, we will avenge the Taung and right a most ancient wrong, if you take my meaning..."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom