Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Cause for Celebration

"Yeah that's the one! She flies super well. [member="Kaine Australis"] had her made for me. You should come and see it some time! I promise not to scare you so much like I did in my fighter." The dead drop maneuver was what scared him the most. But Lori loved the thrill of pulling off the death defying stunt. It was a helpful move to learn for any given battle. She just couldn't do it with Jaster's Sparrow.

Lori shook her head to his question on the Mandalorians. "Nah, I'm on my own now. Which is fine. I have my crew and they're pretty good. Most of them anyways. And I get some training from Dad. He's teaching me some of the Jedi stuff. It's pretty neat. I even showed him my little light ball trick. I sorta got that skill from him. He was very impressed." She grinned and stood a little more taller with a glowing hint of pride.

And then [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] appeared. Lori raised a brow a little with a teasing smirk on her face. [member="Caedyn Arenais"] had yet another girlfriend. How big was the line up for that? Already the little nursery rhyme of Caedyn and Asaraa sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g came into mind. She took the girl's hand and gave it an energetic shake. "Snotface needs a rescue, does he? I'm not surprised. He doesn't like crowds too much. It'll be a big shock when it's his turn to throw these parties and babysit a planet." The thought of Caedyn being King one day flashed through her mind. What WOULD he be like? Would he still be shy? Or more confident? It was hard to say.

(So sorry, I ended up catching whatever's been going around and had to take some time away... but I'm here!)

Location: Throne Room - [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Silfe Sosuri"], [member="Rick Kaloo"]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Drystan stood, having changed out of the simple working clothes she'd entered the throne room wearing and rejoined in a resplendant black dress. Her hair, braided the same as it'd been earlier, was uncovered.

She stood beside her fellow Jedi, Rick Kaloo, smiling toward Lady Kay... a hero in her own right, though she'd never speak such a thing.

Turning when Lady Kay approached, Jairdain attempted to fade away so no additional attention was paid to her. Having picked a place to the side, she had hoped to avoid being seen by too many people. It wasn't meant to be though and she gave Kay a nod of respect and a smile. Listening to what was said though, she grew very pale at what Kay gave her.

There had been a reason she kept Marcus secret. Now almost all the entire government knew of him. When the time was right, she would have revealed him, but now it was forced on her. For the moment she was without words to say in thanks to Kay for granting her the ability to be Regent until he came of age, she could only stare numbly at her Queen.

Her mouth was quite dry suddenly and Sage picked up on how she felt. Wanting to comfort his bondmate, he left the hand of Daiya and crawled back to Jairdain. On top of having Marcus openly revealed, she now had to cope with Silfe's reaction to this news. Her friend had closed herself off and was in almost as much of a state of shock that she was herself.

Having just really reopened the door to having a friendship with Silfe, now with what Kay had revealed, that door might be shut again and not reopen. There wasn't going to be enough words to accomplish any form of recovery tonight, but she truly hoped it could be done.

Luckily Kay moved on quickly and she was able to slink further away. Almost sorry to leave Daiya behind, she needed to have a breather and take a few moments to recover herself.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Silfe Sosuri"] [member="Daiya"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay looked to [member="Drystan Marakos"] and handed her a box containing the medal as well. In thanks for your efforts in the liberation of Commenor, the King and I give you this medal in recognition. You too are a hero of Commenor. Congratulations." She smiled and bowed her head to her.

Now who was next? Ah! There he is. Kay walked over to where [member="Kaine Australis"] stood watch. Ever on guard, even in these peaceful times. Or at least, it should be peaceful. There was much that she had to thank him for, yet now wasn't the time to point it all out. Instead she handed him the box. "In thanks for your efforts in the liberation of Commenor, the King and I give you this medal in recognition. And also...you are granted honourary citizenship. Congratulations." She bowed her head deeply and then gave him a one armed hugged, given that her other was still holding another box. That medal belonged to [member="Daxton Bane"] , however she couldn't see him at the moment, given that he had stepped outside.

Exhaling the last puff into the night air, he stepped on the remaining butt to extinguish it as he could feel the familiar burning sensation as the orbalisk toxins purged the nictoine from his blood. While they have proven useful in battle, the healing effect took the fun out of drinkng and smoking, leAving nothing behind but a burning sensation through the veins.

He smiled to himself as he wondered if anyone realized how close they were to a living orbalisk host. Not that they were in any danger though, since the mind mesh with the hive collective, the hungry beasts were now subject to his will alone.

Stepping back inside, he snagged a flute of spirits from a passing waiter to see what other business he might find.

Daiya's eyes grew in delight as the little wolf stepped onto her hand, curling up in comfort on her palm. She stroked the little creature's fur tenderly, reveling in the heat that Sage was giving off. He was so light and warm, the girl almost felt she was wearing a glove. She giggled as the wolf's whiskers twitched against her skin, still petting him gently with her free hand as she watched the wolf's body rise and fall with his breath.

"I'm Daiya," she said to the woman, @Jairdain. The other one had introduced herself as [member="Silfe Sosuri"], and the girl grinned at both of them for a moment, before looking at the small charge in her hand. Three new friends in as many minutes! Daiya was overtaken by the magic of the moment, unwilling to let it pass away.

And then it did.

In a whirlstorm, the trio —quartet— was visited upon by the Commenori Queen. Daiya recognized Lori's mother from images and what she'd been told, but she wasn't quite ready to be in the presence of Lady Kay. The monarch's beauty and grace seemed fitting for her title, and the girl found her mouth dry and empty when she tried to open it to speak. The Queen did most of the speaking, however, conferring gifts and titles upon both Silfe and Jairdain. Had the girl been practiced, and not holding Sage at the moment, she might have curtsied. Instead, she stood dumbfounded, her mouth slightly agape, her hand paused mid-pet of Sage's fur.

She only wished that were the end of it. In another moment, Silfe —Lady Sosuri now— backed away, suddenly sullen. Jairdain, too, seemed to go ashen-faced, and Sage leapt off Daiya's palm, stealing back to his mistress as they both slunk back into a different part of the ballroom. Suddenly, the girl went from having three new friends to having all of them abandon her, leaving her alone in the middle of the celebration once more.

The girl took it in stride, or at least tried to. Evading the hurt emotions for a moment, she gazed through the crowd, taking only a moment to locate [member="Loreena Arenais"] again. As Daiya began making her way towards her captain, who she saw was now accompanied by two other people looking close in age to Lori. One of them, a young man, made the girl double-take as soon as she saw him, his features reminded her so much of Lori herself. Perhaps all Commenori look alike, she wondered as she crossed the last few meters to the trio.

"Hey Lori," Daiya said as she approached, focusing most of her attention on her captain. She would never say it, but being near Lori felt a lot like being around Tawrro, only not so parental. Lori felt safe and comfortable. As much as she loved the thrill of being alone and taking risks, it could get overwhelming. Or upsetting, like the instant loss of three new friends; things she wouldn't care to think about any further. The girl's voice was bright, not distressed, as she asked, "What's going on here?"

Turning to the young man and woman, she gave a little wave, "I'm Daiya, by the way."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"]​

She kept watching veiere and that beast, hand on her saber just in case they started to get violent. However she pulled back to watch the awards being handed out by lady kay. Smiling she stood and kept a eye on the situation and hummed yo herself while on edge she was still in a good mood all around

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Aha! There he was! Kay walked over to [member="Daxton Bane"] as he stepped back in from the balcony. It was easy to spot the Zabrak. She approached him and then stopped, bowing her head as she handed him one of the boxes. "In thanks for your efforts in the liberation of Commenor, the King and I give you this medal in recognition. Congratulations." She gave him a smile.

Moments later she walked over to [member="Darben Skirae"] and [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] , holding out a box for them each. "In thanks for yoyr efforts in the liberation of Commenor, the King and I give you these medals in recognition. Congratulations." Kay bowed her head to them.

With empty hands, she found her way over to one of the waiters and picked up a glass of brandy. Holding the glass high in the air, Kay raised her voice. "MAY I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE." She paused while she waited for the music and chatter to die down before speaking once more. "Thank you. There are many heroes among us today. Yet there are some fallen heroes that gave their very lives so that we could be free. They gave their lives to preserve our way of life, our resources and our cities. So let us raise a glass and drink to them. Let us remember them fondly for they deserve the highest honours.

To the fallen heroes of Commenor!"
She brought down her glass and took not a sip, but a gulp. Deep down she knew the names of some of the men and women lost. Their loss was deeply felt.

Kay then looked to the orchestra and nodded her head, indicating that the music may start up again. Her duties for the evening were over. Now she could mingle.

If the Zabrak could have turned a shade redder he would have, a very rare occassion when the Sith was literally lost for words. He bowed deeply and respectfully to [member="Lady Kay"]. “The respect and honor you give me is more than welcome your Grace. My People did not forget that your people, your world were among the first to treat the Ravens not with distain or suspicion. You welcomed us with open arms and for that it was we who owed you. Our contribution, small as it was, as but a fraction of the debt of gratitude we owe. To continued prosperity between our peoples,”

Later Daxton joined the others in a toast to the fallen, some of whom where Ravens who took a more proactive participation in the liberation despite his orders. He could not blame them, this world, this people had a way of binding you. Spilling a little wine from his glass so that spirits may join in the celebration, the Zabrak turned to look for the merchant looking to trade processed ore for security droids for his new asteroid mine.

Caedyn Arenais

C
[member="Loreena Arenais"] & [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png
"Please...-There's no way you'll catch me sitting up on one of those thrones" Caedyn retorted to his Sister Lori with a slight laugh in surprise, "I dunno where you're getting that idea from but in case you haven't noticed, I've been bouncing around the Galaxy too!" He smirked, rather proud of the fact that he had become an example of independence these days, since the told times where he and his Sister had to follow every beck and call of their parents, stuck on Commenor.

"...And just for your information, girls...-I happen to be quite good at saving my self!" He laughed softly, half admitting that he'd need saving to begin with, though boasting his abilities none the less. Now this was a welcome distraction away from all the depressing talk about politics and war.

"So what happened with the Mandalorian's?" He soon asked Lori, surprised to hear that she was no longer running with them but having in fact gone off on her own; "Does that make you a Mercenary these days then?" He asked, a brow lifting a little skeptically, uncertain whether he liked the idea of his Sister being some sort of Mercenary and going off to get herself into trouble like they were so often infamous for.

"Asaraa's with the Silver Jedi" he pointed out, glancing to his girlfriend with a proud smile before adding, "And I'm still with the Je'daii Order, but I'm sorta on my own these days as well when we're not hanging out".

[member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Micah"] | [member="Silfe Sosuri"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Drystan Marakos"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Rick Kaloo"] | [member="Tathra Khaeus"] | [member="Baron Morcus"]

Silfe sighed and let her attention just remain on [member="Lady Kay"] as she proceeded to award several people with the little boxes. She noticed after a moment that the younger woman was gone and wondered if she disappeared because Kay had been so formal, or if it had been because there was a palpable distance now between [member="Jairdain"] and herself. It was unexpected, to find that Jairdain had had a baby and had not told her. Was Lady Kay not supposed to speak of the child? Or had Jairdain simply not told Silfe because she was not important enough to know this information. Either way, it was a shock to the poor woman. As Kay lifted her glass in toast to the fallen, Silfe raised hers automatically though she felt like there was an oppressive buzzing in her ears.

Bradshaw Ku had a son. Goodness knew how old he was. Probably wasn't the only child the playboy of a prince had, but this was different. This was ... well it didn't really matter at the end of the day did it? Her heart sunk. It did to her. Truth was, she had seen her relationship with Brad going somewhere and even though she had come to accept that he and Jairdain had gotten together while she had been gone, it didn't lessen the blow that he had a child with her too.

She turned, looking but not truly seeing anything in particular. Draining her glass of its contents, she turned again and simply started walking rather blindly. It didn't take long for her distracted person to bump into someone and that someone was [member="Kaine Australis"]. He was admiring his medal, the same that Silfe had been awarded. She had not looked at hers yet. Catching herself by grabbing onto his arm, she looked up, finally noticing that she was being ridiculous to go through a room full of people like that.

"Oh, my apologies sir." She blinked and noticed who he was and shook herself before smiling. "Mr. Kaine Australis I believe. Did I hear correctly that you are now a citizen of Commenor? Congratulations."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Daiya"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] @Drystan Myrakos

Asaraa couldn't help herself, it was a natural reaction, the teasing look she turned on Caedyn, like the smile spreading across her face. "Oh really now, you know that sounds a little like a challenge in the making," the girl took a step closer to her boyfriend, pressing one finger against his chest as she grinned up at him. The fact that Caedyn was significantly taller than her was annoying at times like this, but the pink-haired girl wasn't going to let that stop her. What she lacked in height she more than made up for in attitude, her smile shifting into a challenging grin as she leaned in closer to him. "How about you put your money where your mouth is, loser buys dinner?" She wasn't looking for an opportunity to spend some more with the boy...oh well. Taking a step back the girl readjusted her dress, her cheeks flushing ever so slightly as she gave Loreena an apologetic smile, "umm, sorry I just want to make sure he's actually safe. The last time we got into a fight it ended up being more of a runaway for our lives thing." To be fair, they had been running from their lives from an invading Sith army, but that didn't make for such good teasing material. She was sure Caedyn would be more than capable of handling himself in a fight, but still, she wouldn't ever try to deny that teasing him was fun.

The girl glanced between the twins as she finished settling her dress in place, not that she'd actually done anything, it just made her feel better to be doing something with her hands as she settled herself back down. "So, you're a mercenary? You must get to see even more of the galaxy than we do these days." It looked like she might have stumbled into something from the look in her boyfriend's face, she wasn't entirely sure what though. "So, the question of the hour then, out of all the planets you've visited, which was your favourite?"

[member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

[member="Lady Kay"]

She turned towards lady kay, taking the medal in hand she looked it over as she took a breath staring at it....another medal added to her medals. A thumb brushed over it as she gripped it tightly, no, this wasn't just any other reward. This was proof she defended her home, proof she had fought not for the sake of war but for the safety of her family

thank you, lady kay. For as long as I live I will defend my home

Turning away she smiled, this medal meant something brigh would likely love to see it later, taking a drink in hand she raised it high

for the fallen heroes of commenor!

With that she downed the drink and shook, good burn that was.

"Mom and Dad won't be living forever, you know. So that leaves you to be next, given that you're OLDER." She teased. Both of the twins enjoyed their freedom. The idea of being tied down wasn't something that they looked forward to. The freedom of movement now was almost cruel for when the day comes that they'd end up losing it.

"Bouncing around because you're lost, probably." Lori snickered. If there was anyone that needed looking after, it was [member="Caedyn Arenais"] . Not her. At least that was what Lori thought.

The arrival of [member="Daiya"] brought a grin to her face. She wrapped an arm around shoulder in a buddy fashion. "Hi Daiya. This is my twin brother, Snotface--I mean, Caedyn, and his girlfriend." She refrained from teasing him about that for the moment as her focus was turned to his questions of her employment and why she wasn't with the Mandalorians anymore.

The answer was....complicated. Her last words to her first Mentor, Jaster was spoken in anger before he ended up being killed during the siege. And for that she had felt extremely guilty. [member="Kaine Australis"] tried to help her with that, and so did [member="Yasha Cadera"] , each giving her things to do and places to go. But it didn't really work out for her. So she got a ship built and decided to make her own way in the Galaxy. There were times when she felt quite lost and alone, yet she was tethered to her Dad [member="Veiere Arenais"] through their training, and her misfit crew helped to distract her.

Lori brushed all of that aside as she answered their questions in the way that she wanted to. "Mercenary? Nah. We just ship cargo and people around. The only battle that we've seen so far is here. But we weren't paid to fight in it like all of our other jobs." She looked to [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] as she tried to think of which planet was her favourite so far. "I'm not sure of which one that I like more. They are all so different and have pros and cons.
Mostly I've been off world and just travelling in a ship. One of these days I'll find a planet that I like though."

The moment that might have sparked hostility, had come and gone, and the King had successfully managed to dissuade [member="Tathra Khaeus"] from making too much more of a scene. It was unfortunate that the incident had come about during the ceremony, and that Veiere had unintentionally hindered his Wife's unveiling of the medals she had already began to hand out to many of the peoples who had been on the surface during the battle, or otherwise engaged over Commenor when the Resistance Fleet had led the assault and broken through the blockade.

Now that he could finally allow himself to relax, having prior expected to have a fight on his hands, Veiere released a shallow breath as he moved to return to [member="Lady Kay"] and remained silent as she proceeded to adorn those with the commendations they had so deserved. It was a proud day for Commenor, and a day that would lead them on into a future of change and further growth; recovery from the year long occupation would be painful, arduous, yet the Commenori People were resilient and so were their Royal Family.

"Thank you, Lady Kay" [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] spoke, catching Veiere's attention "For as long as I live I will defend my home".

Reaching out to place a hand upon the Queen's shoulder, Veiere quietly asked his wife to wait a moment before she moved on to the next person. "Before we move on, Stardust, I have a few words for you on the behalf of Commenor's Force Sect..." He offered a warm smile, a firm nod in acknowledgement to follow before elaborating on what he had to say. "For a very long time now the Knights of Commenor have been without any organized leadership, yet you have remained dedicated to their practice for a long time now, even when I myself have not. For your efforts in the liberation of our world, but also for your continued faith in the force and service to both my family and the Knights of Commenor, I'm officially offering you the position of Grandmaster over the Order here, that the future of the Commenori Order might grow into something more, for the protection of our people's future...".

"Do you accept this Honor, my friend?" He smiled, leaving the final say with Stardust, of course.

[member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Micah"] | [member="Silfe Sosuri"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Drystan Marakos"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Rick Kaloo"] | [member="Tathra Khaeus"]
((Tathra is unfortunately without stable internet, nor the ability to post for the foreseeable future.
He has given me the go-ahead to proceed. Thanks for everyone's patience!)).

Caedyn Arenais

C
[member="Loreena Arenais"] & [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png
"And if I recall, I think it was me that saved both of our butts back then!" Caedyn snickered under his breath as he spoke to [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], she explaining their somewhat miraculous escape of Commenor during the day the Siege had struck and shattered his families lives, at least temporarily. Back then, a fire had been lit under Asaraa for the Sith who had goaded her anger over the accusations that the Silver Jedi weren't what they claimed to be...-Caedyn was proud of her, to know that she had such a strong conviction for fighting the good fight, but it wasn't enough to justify her getting killed over. That concern between them, despite their playful banter, was a mutual aspect in their new relationship that they would have to come to terms with, that their feelings for one another wouldn't eventually cloud their ability to serve the Force in their own ways.

"Well that's good..." He soon responded to [member="Loreena Arenais"], "I hear merc's do some pretty shady stuff anyway and I'd have to kick your butt if I found out you were out there making trouble for yourself" he grinned, pleased to be able to weave his protective, brotherly side into an excuse to tease his Sister again. Frankly, between the group of them, you'd expect Asaraa and Lori to get along well with the amount of banter going around.

Lori's introducing [member="Daiya"] to the pair of them, took Caedyn a little by surprise. So wrapped up in his girlfriend, that he'd failed to notice someone else popping up, he gave something of a sheepish chuckle under his breath and turned to smile to her, "Sorry, it's nice to meet you though!" he apologized for his clumsiness..."And Lori, you gotta stop calling me that... Or I'll have to come up with a nickname for you!...".
[member="Darben Skirae"] | @Micah | [member="Silfe Sosuri"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Drystan Marakos"] | [member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Rick Kaloo"] | [member="Tathra Khaeus"] | [member="Baron Morcus"]

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Stardust perked up looking to her old friend veiere. Fear ran through her just a little, she had ran away from the invasion left her people to fight alone at the mercy of the sith... taking a breath she smiled and nodded

oh? I'm quite curious to hear

Smiling she felt pride, no other order has kept her around for so long as the knights of commenor. Then again never felt like a jedi order at all just...well a place where like minded people gathered. Listening she froze, grand master? Her? offering her grand master? She tried speaking but no words came out as she swallowed and took a deep breath and out nodding

yes...yes I accept this honor, knowing that you think I'm capable of doing so I shall lead this order with honor...shall the Sith or any opposing force return we will be the front line of defense

So, the lookalike was [member="Loreena Arenais"]'s brother? That made way more sense, and as the girl glanced at him again, she could see more of the family resemblance. But [member="Caedyn Arenais"] was not just a brother, but a twin brother? Daiya had thought twins were supposed to be identical, or at least the same gender. Maybe Caedyn was just a bad twin? That's probably why he was called Snotface.

"Hey, Snotface," she said in greeting, and then giggled a little. Then to [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] she said, "And hey Snotface's girlfriend." That tipped the bucket and the girl began to laugh, hard. Her straightened curls still managed to bounce over her head as she dipped slightly to assuage her rolling stomach from the laughter, and they needed the aid of a head toss and hand to rearrange them again. As her laughter cooled, she heard Snotface threaten to give Lori a nickname, and looked at him again with a smile she was still unable to wipe off her face.

"Oh, I've got one! How about Snortface, because she just snort-laughs randomly sometimes?" Daiya suggested. If she had still be upset at being abandoned by Sage, [member="Jairdain"] or [member="Silfe Sosuri"], those feelings were gone now. Looking back at Lori, giving her an unconvincing grimace, the girl offered, "Sorry, but you do!"

"Snotface?" The pink-haired Jedi half twisted, arching an eyebrow at her boyfriend, a slightly amused look in her face as she tilted her head from side to side. "I don't see anything so..." the girl glanced over at Lori and Daiya, letting the corners of her lips curl up into a smile. "who's going to tell me the story behind that nickname? Is there a story behind that nickname?" Asaraa wasn't quite sure if she should sympathise with Caedyn, or be delighted that she had something else to tease him with. Was it possible to be both at the same time? She thought it was. The girl slipped an arm around Caedyn's waist, giving him a small squeeze as she glanced over at the newcomer. Truth be told she had completely missed her approach...which probably wasn't a good thing. She'd say it's a good thing she was knighted, but when your ex-master is also the Master of the Order...well he was probably still gonna be able to tell you off no matter what.

"So, we have two faces now...I kinda feel we should be giving everyone here nicknames based on body parts at this rate." This was the first time Asaraa had really gotten to hang out with Caedyn and his family apart from their abortive rescue attempt. It was...it was kinda nice actually, they all seemed to get along, a certain level of relaxed caring between them, the ability to tease one another like this. It wasn't something she'd really experienced growing up, hadn't really experienced till recently, camaraderie sure but caring, teasing...the girl's arm tightened around Caedyn's waist, the others were so comfortable with one another that even a relative stranger like her was welcomed into the group. The smile on Asaraa's lips was genuine, she was really glad she'd got lost that day in the market.

[member="Daiya"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom