Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Call to Arms, a Rally cry

Events had unfolded items came across Faith's desk faster than she could read through them but one thing was quite evident, @Genevieve Lasedri was a traitor to the Republic. The woman who Faith herself had spent many hours with, just talking, and disagreeing.

But this, this had gone far beyond the actions of a woman seeking to preserve the Republic. These were the actions of a tyrant her actions tore at the very fabric of the Republic. She was now murdering soldiers and targeting companies within the Republic. How many times had they fought of bills in the Senate on these very things.

She had to do something that no one ever wished they would be pushed into a position of doing. Slowly she began to draft two things, the declaration of Genevieve Lasedri as a traitor, and an order for her arrest.

But where would be a new gathering point for the Senate. She keyed up the holomap, . Within this declaration she would call upon the one person she knew could influence the hearts and minds of others that they needed.

"Ana please call [member="Gir Quee"] tell him, I need his skills" And then to whom in the Senate could she turn to, who there would raise a voice and had not given a vote of yes that day.

Faith looked at the message rising up she went to the holo to address everyone in the Republic and anyone else who had tapped into the feeds.

Standing upon the circle bathed in white light Faith felt too much like she was on display.

"Citizens of the Republic, I am Minister Faith Organa. In the last few weeks our great Republic has once again come under the thumb of a tyrant. A tyrant that for years has worn the face of a friend, a defender, and a leader. History has once again repeated itself upon us and we like our ancestors must now stand up to fight and gain back what is slowly being taken away from us

I am calling for an immediate arrest of the traitor Genevieve Lasedri and all of those that support her make shift regime. I call upon all Republic forces loyal to the true government to rise and up and defend the freedoms that have been so dearly paid for and meet with the true government on Colla IV.

I urge all companies targeted by the traitor to have faith in the military, and the system of justice work. Support the effort to take down the Traitor Lasedri join us on Colla IV let your voices be heard.

Let us be united in our common interests once again like long ago the love of freedom and democracy calls upon us. We are called upon to fight for our freedom from the tyranny, oppression and persecution of a tyrant bent on destroying our way of life. The Republic will not go quietly into the night, we will not vanish at the will of a single individual, we will live on, and we will fight! The Republic will survive! Join us on Colla IV as we fight for our independence."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Persephone Callas"] [member="Vaudin Miir"]
[member="Asher"] de dedhart [member="Darion Blackstaff"] @megan Alestria [member="Mantic Dorn"] and any other senator I missed.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Senator Organa-

I applaud your courage. Clan Rekali is currently taking action in other venues. We're available to safeguard refugees or rescue political prisoners.

-Field Marshal Ember Rekali, Aliit'buir of Clan Rekali, formerly of the Jedi Council

[member="Ember Rekali"]

The first message came in. Faith drafted a response

Field Marshall, my husband is Dar'yaim Balor, my Aunt is married to Field Marshall Ordo, I ask based on our similar beliefs and family ties that you reconsider and support this movement. I know that the mandalorians do not share the visions of the republic but we all want our freedom to work and live as accorded to us. Please reconsider.

Minister Organa

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Senator Organa-

Then you understand that I wear two hats. The Clan can contract to anyone, and right now we're offering our services to you. In my capacity as a Field Marshal of the Mandalorian people, I shouldn't take unilateral action before the aliit'buire are finished deliberating. So while you can't have my public support yet, you can sure have the de facto support of my clansmen, under contract, to pretty much whatever degree you need short of dropping a warfleet on Chazwa. Call it a political fiction.

-Rekali

Kayleigh lifted the cool glass of whiskey to her lips, the dark fluid racing the cubes of ice towards her mouth. From a darkened booth of a cantina on Nar Shaddaa she glanced over to the HoloTerminal to view a startling message. The Republic she had fought to defend long ago as the military leader was under forced dictatorship by that nutcase Lasedri she had always disliked.

"Figures it's Lasedri." She said aloud, to nobody in particular, her eyes rolling. She tossed back the last few mouthfuls of alcohol with a bitter grimace before placing the glass on the edge of the table, and a few credits to pay off the debt. The woman kicked her feet from the opposite seat beneath the table and stood, slinging her rifle back into position and adjusting her blaster belt. Shrugging the woman exited the cantina and headed for the spaceport.

Pulling out her datapad she forwarded a message to both [member="Gir Quee"] and [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Admiral Quee, Senator Organa,

Despite my hesitation to return to the field after my retiring from active duty, I will lend myself to you, and to the Republic to assist however possible, and to ensure this reign of Lasedri is short. I never liked the woman anyway. I will meet you on Colla IV shortly. Consider my aide paid in full, however once this deed is done, I will take my leave. The Republic does not need me at the helm anymore, and I've no wish to intervene once this matter is tended.

-Former Supreme Commander Kayleigh Tyven

Starchaser, safe away in the other half of the galaxy was seeing the results of the Republic's power shift. While he was not a fan of the government himself, he was a fan of what they stood for. That was why he was leading strikes against the enemies of the Republic and the Alliance herself was starting to make several moves for the safety of refugees.

A message would be sent to a general contact frequency to the Admiral of the Republic, [member="Gir Quee"]

You've got friends in parts of the Galaxy. You'll see us on your side when push comes shove.

The message was scrambled. Coren wasn't about to bring the whole of the Alliance into this, but he was going.

Dagos Nasscar

D
Dagos facepalmed as he saw the message, after which he would send a message back to the Minister of Intelligence.

Senator Organa,

The Senate Guard will remain completely loyal to the Galactic Republic, the Galactic Republic Senate and the principle of freedom and democracy. Such a turn of events came as a surprise and as a shock to everybody and the Senate Guard will not tolerate such a way of action. As the commander of the unit, I ensure both you and the Galactic Republic as a whole that the Senate Guard will fight against totalitarianism and will not let such takeovers become our future.

- Dagos Nasscar, Captain of the Senate Guard

[ [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] ]

SC-4486 was on his ship when he had been alerted of the message coming through, he listened and actually teared up a bit, 'What is the galaxy coming too?' he thought as he opened the interface and began to type a message to send to the Minister. Even if it didn't make it, he would try.

Dear Minister Organa,

I am a member of the Galatic Empire and the Republic, I know that our two factions have fought in the past, and now that our factions are figuratively fused together, I want to assure you that I will personally gather as much help as I can from the Empire to assist the Republic in these dark times, no matter the cost.

May the Force be with you,

-Colonel-ish Arthan Corvax

Jack entered [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]'s office, knocking on the wall as he did so.

"Hello love," he said with a smile, approaching with his arms outstretched. He took a deep breath. "Senator," he began, "you and i have always agreed on almost everything. Nary a moment of strife on or off the Senate floor. No, no, let me finish," he added, waving the fingers of his right hand even though Faith had made no overt sign she was about to interrupt. "As such, I would like to state, unequivocally, that you have the full support of Kashyyyk. And believe me, love, a planet full of angry Wookiees can come in very handy in times of strife."

He looked at the map on her table. "Needing a place to set up, are we? Have you considered Velmor? Nice place, I hear. Or, closer to home and more recent conversations, why not look to Tholatin, the very smuggler-friendly planet that was up for debate when all this political accroachment began?"

From a distant space ship Mantic Dorn hammered down the frequency he knew that should forward him to the Republic minister of intelligence. He had just left Tholatin as word was spreading about some sort of revolution or coup taking place on Chazwa, It made his soul freeze and with a troubled eye he sent a recorded message to [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

"Minister," his blue holo-figure would start followed by a deep bow.

"It brings me great sorrow to hear the news about the prime ministers fall."

"You have my sword if it is needed."

- For the Eyes of Senator Faith Organa -

Its been a long time since i last had the pleasure to speak to you or your family lady organa. The last Organa i remember speaking to being during the reign of Popo during his tenure as Supreme Chancellor. In short, you an count on my men with whom have lent to me to aid in the removal of the traitor to the Republic that you and I both love. I would request a more presonal meeting with you outside of this quick holomessage. So to better discuss the plans for taking out and arresting this traitor.

- Yusan Fenn

Krenis Skirata

K

"Sir! Transmission from Minister Organa! You'll want to see this!" That communications officer needed a promotion. She'd been working non-stop since they escaped Chazwa. That was impressive. And now one from the Minister of Intelligence? This would be interesting, to say the least. He'd met her once before and completed a mission for her.

"Put it on!" Krenis said as he turned away from the viewport. The hologram flickered to life and everyone held their breath as they watched. So they weren't alone in this case then. Good. He'd already fought one unsupported guerrilla war against a regime. He didn't want to have to fight a second one. Now they had some semblance of a government and chain of command.

Minister Organa,
I and the True Republic forces I have assembled will meet you there.

"Sir! Exiting hyperspace above Rori!"

Excellent. Krenis activated his comm to get in touch with [member="DS-772"] .

"Captain, we've arrived in-system to pick you up. A transport is departing now."

[member="Krenis Skirata"]

(It's Rori, not Roli)

DS-772 Looked up into the sky, the shape of a starship visible distantly on the horizon. He looked over his assembled men, who stood at parade rest. Perhaps a speech was in order here.

"Men, you've been brought here because of your Determination, Your Bravery, And your loyalty to the ideals of the Republic. Over the past weeks The Republic has fallen into turmoil. Today, we, and those like us are going to set things right. This won't be easy on any of us, moral fibers will be tested, limits will be reached. Many will fall so that our Banner may advance. But, Luck Willing, we will prevail"

The clones did not salute, did not move from their parade rest. They were too disciplined to. But they understood the gravity of the situation

The Padawan sighed heavily as he listened to the broadcast. He'd always been taught to believe in the Republic. This did not inspire his confidence. He would look to his Masters for guidance as always.

Would this mean war? War within the Republic?

[member="DS-772"]

CT-504 is angry . How did the leader of Republic be a traitor ? He heard that she is quite the nice lady altogether . But he should've known not to trust anyone else but His brothes.
Now He and His brother are going to set things right again .

Not just for The Republic . No , They are going to do a favour for the whole galaxy by eliminating this traitor .

"How many vessels do we have that can be made functional for the Republic soon?"

"Enough for a decent sized fleet - if we crew the vessels with droids and slave-rig them, that is."

"Do it."

The Republic would apparently have some more support from Emeritus' yards when the push was made.

Champion-class Star Destroyer Obi-Wan Kenobi, somewhere in Republic space

Nearly a dozen uniformed men gathered in the admiral's quarters for his weekly dinner with the section chiefs. Normally, it was a time of camaraderie and candid openness that breached the traditional professionalism displayed to the public. With the exception of Commander Dres, almost everyone brought and imbibed some form of alcohol during the meals. But today, Gir didn't even catch sight of a flask stashed somewhere on a uniform. He looked around the table, watching them quietly eat. I guess they're waiting on me. He cleared his throat,, quickly capturing most of their attentions.

"I know it goes without saying that the Republic, as imperfect as we are, is on the cusp of another pivotal moment. It almost goes without saying that we could well repeat the mistake that brought the late Emperor Palatine to power and the rise of the Galactic Empire. We do not have many of those clones on our ship, but I intend to detain them shortly. If any of you are against that action, or against opposing the Prime Minister and her latest agenda, you need to speak up..."

Dres broke his usual aloofness, "I think that I speak for most of us in that our loyalties have always lain with our people, not the prime minister or her agenda..."

Gir made brief contact with the other officers, hoping to discern any dissent from within his ranks. But he couldn't detect any. Still, it might require some compartmentalization for the plan to succeed.

"Senator [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] has contacted me about potentially needing our services. As well, former SCO [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] and [member="Coren Starchaser"] of the Galactic Alliance have contacted me about potentially joining forces to oust our wayward Prime Minister."

"A coalition then..." said one of the men.

Gir nodded, "As soon as our clones are detained, we will move to Colla IV to link up with the rest of the opposition. I have sent feelers throughout the rest of the fleet to try and gather up some more reinforcements. We need to keep an eye out for any loyalists to the Prime Minister. If you suspect anyone, let me know. The last thing we need are Lasedri loyalists in our midst..."

As he spoke, the Obi-Wan Kenobi made its first jump that would eventually take it to Colla IV...

By now the news of what was happening in the capitol was known, even at the Temple of the Jedi Order on Lothal, far from Republic space. Ben was well aware of the basic gist of the coup. To put it as simply as possible, the young Jedi was frustrated. The Jedi Order were both removed from politics and sworn to protect the Republic. To Ben, the Order's response seemed clear: the only way to defend the Republic was to overthrow the leadership that sought to destroy freedom and democracy.

And yet the Padawans on Lothal had received no such orders from Grandmaster [member="Corvus Raaf"] nor from any member of the council. In fact, the Council had not said a thing to the group young Jedi-in-training. Raaf had recently left Lothal, Ben knew. Perhaps the higher-ups in the Order were already reacting, thinking it best to keep jejune padawans from grand galactic geopolitics.

Yes, Ben probably should just focus on his training. Surely, he first needed to be a fully trained Jedi in order to be involved in the Order's galactic duties in any meaningful way, but it was difficult to control his anger and fear in this situation. If the Prime Minister sought to extinguish freedom, a purge of the Jedi Order may be next on her list. If there was some kind of Jedi Purge, it wouldn't matter at what stage in his training Ben was. For now, Ben waited to see if the Council would respond publicly.

Ben hated admitting it, but he was young, and there was nothing he could do on his own.

Ella Nova had pursued a pipe dream. Something so ludicrous, that she had already sustained the berating behind her line of thought- bordering on the line of moronic- from two Sith Knights already, in the form of [member="Knight Mullarus"] and @Vaulkhar. Hell, the latter had tried to free her from the Black Prison on Coruscant, but the Jedi Knight hadn't taken the chance and consequentially still found herself hanging in the same stasis field that she had been suspended in for several weeks now.

She had drawn out [member="Darth Vornskr"] and fought him on the prerogative that she would lose, on the basis that she would eventually end up in front of the Sith Lords behind the campaign that had reduced the Galactic Republic to a shell of it's former self. She would negotiate the Republic's surrender, so as to keep it alive in defeat.

Head bowed, hair strewn and dirty over her face, Ella slowly lifted her gaze for the first time in days, to stare off into the distance. She would endure- her resolve unquestioned at this point- all for the Republic and it's people. Peace would achieved. She was sure of that. The Galactic Republic would live on. A sensation crept up the Jedi Knight's spine, and although her eyes could only see darkness, she knew what was happening.

It was in that moment, after weeks of imprisonment, starvation and abuse, that Ella Nova bowed her head in defeated. Her dream had been broken.

The Galactic Republic had all but fallen.

And her sacrifices were all left in vain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom