Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship YT-2400 "Alderaan Queen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
KZ89luU.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a fine piece of Corellian engineering, held together by duct tape and space prayers.
  • Image Source: Compilation image by me.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Clan Rekali [ ask ] [ approval ]
  • Primary Source: YT-2400 Light Freighter
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Planetfall Capable. Able to enter atmosphere and land.
  • Moves Like Jagger. Very fast, highly maneuverable ship for its class.
  • Interdictor Resistant. The Lucerne Labs hyperdrive has HIMS built into it.
  • Advanced Navigation. The Rekali navicomputer is capable of calculating position relative to the galaxy in real time, while in hyperspace, negating the need to periodically drop back to normal space to confirm spatial coordinates or location.
WEAKNESSES
  • But I Just Fixed That! This ship is aptly described as a hunk of junk.
  • Running Hot. The LLT-6 hyperdrive is prone to overheating.
  • Featherweight Division. This is a light freighter that's barely larger than a starfighter. Cargo space is limited, firepower is minimal, and those shields won't last long.
  • Those Don't Go Together. This Frankenstein monstrosity of one bad idea after another marries a Lucerne Labs hyperdrive to a Clan Rekali navicomputer, paired with Corellia Digital software and tops it with some Sasori Research technology for added umami flavor. Suffice to say, most problems with this ship stem from the fact that none of these components were made to operate in tandem with one another.
DESCRIPTION
The Alderaan Queen was a relic of the time even before the Four Hundred Years Darkness.

Passed through a variety of privateers, corporate holdings, companies, and subcontractors, it's impossible to know who the original owner might have been. At some point however, the ship was modified to include kathor-shielded compartments in the interior of the ship. The large compartment could hold several adults, while the medium and small compartments were seemingly intended for spice or gun-running. The vessel was last owned by Pau'un trader named Eion Moen. Moen bet the ship in a game of Sabaac on Lothal in 844 ABY, losing the ship (and the game) to an Anzat Jedi by the name of Sor-Jan Xantha.

After the catastrophic failure of the hyperdrive while operating in One Sith territory, Sor-Jan set out to modify the light freighter. This culminated in an overhaul on the planet Voss in 850 ABY, in which the ship was outfitted with a hyperdrive from Lucerne Labs, coupled with a Clan Rekali navicomputer. This allowed the Alderaan Queen to travel in hyperspace indefinitely while passing through strong gravity wells or interdictor fields. By not dropping in/out of hyperspace in order to perform periodic navigational checks to verify navicomputer data, the Alderaan Queen achieved greater efficiency than is typical of a LLT-6 Zephyr Hyperdrive. Over extended distances, this efficiency results in an overall 0.75 hyperdrive rating as opposed to the standard 0.8. This is not the result of any modification, but reflects the time-savings of continuous hyperspace travel. Over shorter distances, the hyperdrive is less efficient and travels at the standard 0.8. The hyperdrive included a hyperwave inertia movement system, making the ship capable of passing through most interdictor fields without dropping out of hyperspace. The Alderaan Queen had to already be at hyperspace when it encountered the interdictor field, however, and was not capable of making the jump to lightspeed from inside an interdictor field.

In its current configuration, the Alderaan Queen was stalwart hero of the Resistance against the First Order in the mid-9th Century ABY, most notably at the Battle of Skye where Sor-Jan flew alongside Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill against multiple star destroyers.

Following the commercial success of the Corellia Digital Corporation, Sor-Jan's company, the Alderaan Queen fell out of use. The ship was parked outside of Xantha's personal residence on Drall from 860 until 874 ABY, when he used the ship to travel to Alee on a mission for the Silver Jedi Concord.

As a Fortune 500 CEO, travel in an unsightly ship such as this would seem to be beneath him, but as a tinkerer by nature Xantha seemed to appreciate the challenge that the ship's maintenance presented. Indeed, he often seemed to make modification choices that further complicated or sabotaged the design for just that purpose.

Last edited:
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"], I apologize for the delay.

Everything conceptually looks really solid, and you certainly have the development to back it up.

Sor-Jan Xantha said:
Armament: 5 - 2x heavy dual laser cannon turrets (mounted dorsal/ventral) - 2x concussion missile tubes --3 concussion missiles/tube (6 total) - 1x repeating blaster (ventral, hidden weapons compartment, anti-personnel only)
Armament ratings changed a little bit since when this was first in the factory. Your loadout is solid, but I'd recommend increasing armament rating to 14 to roughly match that of the common gunship since their weapons loadout is very similar in terms of power.

With that, and while it's not strictly necessary, I'd also recommend giving this a defensive rating. Standard for a ship this size is 14, but I can see it going up or down a little as you see fit.

John Locke John Locke

This is ready to move.

If my sheet is correct, this is underpowered. That is intentional on my part. I think what's listed accurately reflects what this ship is meant to be.

Summary of Changes
  • Fixed the image link (actually, couldn't find the old one so I re-created the image from scratch)
  • Fixed links for the new board nomenclature
  • Updated the history
  • Updated the template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom