Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showdown at Skye (INVITE ONLY Resistance/First Order)

skin, bone, and arrogance
HOTH - 0230 LOCAL
Ruins of Echo Base
Personnel Quarters

Six-Eye hated to wake up the Princess in the middle of the night; she got so little sleep was it was that the droid felt it was unfair to disturb her slumber, peaceful though it was. At least, Six-Eye assumed it was peaceful. The Princess was buried under six blankets, occasionally popping her face out for air before burrowing back into the warmish cocoon of her bunk. But this was a priority signal, and so the protocol droid increased its volume setting and announced, with what he hoped was an apologetic tone, "Your Highness? I say, Your Highness? I'm afraid there has been a priority signal from the command center. You're needed at once."

Two minutes later, stumbling down the ice hallway to the cavern serving as the command center and long chestnut braid flying hither and thither as she tried to rush, Evelin Redstar read the priority signal on her datapad a third time while trying to gulp down as much hot caff as she could before it cooled, and then froze. Six-Eye struggled to keep up behind her, joints clicking madly.

Only the signal officer and two of the most trusted guards were on duty at that time. "At ease, gentlemen," Evelin told them as she rounded the corner into their view. "No need to stand on ceremony." She activated the security locks, leaving Six-Eye on the outside, and crossed directly to the signal officer. "Can you explain this? And bear in mind the hour."

And so the Princess listened as the signal officer explained the signal. Resistance operatives had intercepted a First Order signal, laying out the Order's plan to crack the encryption on captured Resistance starships -- the callsigns of some of which were old enough to have been captured at Eriadu, and no doubt contained valuable information in their memory banks, information that could very well expose numerous Resistance covert assets and allies. The realization that the First Order could soon know the names and locations of the Resistance's safehouses, allies, and even possibly moles within the First Order itself made Evelin's blood run cold. "Send a signal to [member="Khindys Kaai"] and [member="Dex Bastion"]. We'll need them as soon as they can get here."

She unlocked the command center door and called to Six-Eye. "Better start brewing the caff now, and take a cup to General Kaai and Captain Bastion." With a weary sigh, Evelin took off her gloves and rubbed sleep from her eyes. She knew, as she leaned over the command center's central console and flicked the switch to power it on, that it was going to be a long day. "Show me what resources we have now that can get to Skye in the next two hours -- something civilian if we can get it, so as to not raise suspicions," she told the signal officer. "We need to know exactly what's going on there."

4980182-1129279707-star_.jpg

First Order Star Destroyer
Marat System

Captain Kyle Amedis had been briefed by the Commander [member="Aram Kalast"] - the First Order were returning to Skye. After last time, he thought they had make their point that they were not a force to be reckoned with, but obviously not.

Now it was the turn of the pitiful Resistance. Why did people affirm themselves with delusional leaders and spoilt rich-kids who wanted to get some attention by kicking the hornet's nest. No matter - they would be crushed without mercy.

After their last visit, it seemed there was more to Skye than just making a stand against the traitors; it appeared Resistance cells operated on the planet too, if certain encrypted data could be trusted that had come to the eye of the First Order. Still, it was certainly something to follow up on.

Kyle had made sure the Wolves were ready to act as the prime strike team to land on the planet at the given coordinates and begin a sweep - planet wide, if necessary. New blood like [member="OK-3103"] and [member="Iconis Black"] would surely be eager to flex their might against the Resistance. Captain [member="Ricochet"] would more than likely be ready to pull the strings as she over-looked the carnage. Then there were ones had served with before; the likes of [member="TK-0743 Kage"], [member="Rhun Trask"], [member="TK-0308 Maverick"], [member="Cali"], [member="Sk-8r"], [member="Belis Ren"], [member="Greifen Ren"], [member="Josiah Denko"], [member="Ludolf Vaas"], [member="Razelle Breuner"], [member="Natasi Fortan"] and the pyro lunatic [member="Sibar Laval"].

They may appear, they may not - either way, the First Order were a force to be reckoned with. The Resistance wouldn't know what hit them.

In his white armour, Kyle carried his helmet and made his way to the lower section of the Destroyer to head for the transports and the lower hangar to equip and prepare to move when the signal was given

[member="Evelin Redstar"] | [member="Khindys Kaai"] | [member="Dex Bastion"]

As he often did after working late into the night, Khindys Kaai had fallen asleep at his station.

He had slept in many less-comfortable places during his time as a Sector Ranger (cargo crates, automated garbage haulers, and even, on one notable occasion, the hollowed-out corpse of a bantha), so it hardly bothered him that the arm of the chair dug into his ribs or that his head was resting on very cold durasteel. As a general in an overstretched, ragtag band of freedom fighters, he found sleep even rarer than it had been on the hunt for criminals. He spent his waking hours rushing from emergency to emergency, coordinating supply drops here, planning attacks and fallbacks there. Sleep came in the rare calm between storms.

Sure enough, he had not slept long when an apologetic Lieutenant with a mug of caf (which had been steaming when she left but was now lukewarm at best - Force, he hated the cold) woke him and told him of an urgent meeting in the command center. He rose without complaint, though his stiff joints protested fiercely; he'd been younger the last few times he'd slept on hard metal. Making his way down the narrow corridors of Echo Base, saluting the night shift as he went, he strode into the command center with a short bow to Princess [member="Evelin Redstar"]. His face was grim, his manner all business. The situation was dire.

"In a worst-case scenario," he began, reviewing the intelligence reports, "this could compromise the identities of dozens of our agents across several planets, and perhaps even the location of this base. Our ships' navicomputers and databanks are supposed to be wiped in case of capture, but it seems the First Order captured these vessels too quickly for that to happen." He frowned, considering a score of potential responses in the space of a few seconds. Should he order a preemptive evacuation of potentially compromised safehouses? Deploy commando teams to extract embedded agents? They would be set back months.

The Princess, knowing that, had other ideas. "A rapid strike," the general agreed, "before the First Order is able to decode our information. But the confiscation ring will be heavily defended. We'll need some kind of diversion." Their best hope was that the First Order, underestimating their threat, would not even realize how valuable their find was until the Resistance had a chance to take those ships back. But they couldn't count on that. They would have to act quickly and decisively. "We'll need pilots for that. Some of our best. Is Black Squadron ready to deploy? And is [member="Kira Vaal"] in contact?"

With a real group of aces, they might just be able to draw off the First Order defenders without taking too many losses. But the harsh truth was that even significant losses were acceptable ones in order to prevent the First Order from gaining access to Resistance secrets. Secrecy was their only shield against the overwhelming might of the Empire reborn. "I'll leave fleet coordination to [member="Dex Bastion"]. For my part, I'll assemble a strike team to board and liberate the captured vessels. Ideally we'll have Jedi and our top commandos to lead it, but we'll take the best we have on short notice."

Time was of the essence. Every passing hour meant a greater chance that the mission would be too late.

The Princess was gratified to see [member="Khindys Kaai"] amble in and couldn't suppress the tired smile despite the situation. "General, I'm sorry to wake you -- if you ever sleep," she said. "But as you can see, we don't have much choice. Every minute is precious." She listened to his assessments and nodded along with all of them. He was a sound strategic mind -- one of the reasons she trusted him with her life and -- in the case of her untimely death -- with the Resistance.

"If we strike at the far side of the planet," Evelin said, indicating a spot on orbital map of Skye, which glowed orange, "Opposite where our intelligence suggests the fighters are being held, we can hope to draw some of their defenses out of the way. It'll be risky, keeping our best pilots out of range of the strike team in case things get... sticky." She swallowed audibly and took a sip of her caff (which, by this point, had turned nearly glacially cold, but not yet frozen solid).

Around the two, the command center slowly came to life as top members of intelligence and command filtered in and got to work. "I've keyed a signal for local forces to meet in the hangar for a briefing at 0500, and for remote forces to join remotely as far as possible. We'll have to have a plan in place by then, and be prepared to launch it shortly after. We cannot delay in getting our forces in place. If they crack those navicomputers..." She let the sentence trail off and shook her head slowly.

It was still damn cold.
Dex had given Echo Base the title as one of the coldest places in the galaxy right up until the point he had been given the first night shift of the Black Squadron watch. Then it had officially moved to the coldest place in the galaxy.
It so happened that he was on one of these nightshifts, sat around with two other members of Black Squadron trying to contain some heat emitting from a small element heater that was placed within the middle of their huddle.
“I have a Gundark and a Death Star.” Dex said as mist rose from his mouth with the words.
“Liar.” Ella Gynart, Black Four and one of Dex’s go-to scouts said with a plain expression.
“Oh what a surprise.” Dex said as he laid down the blank pieces of card in front of him. “Right again, we really need to get a real deck. The whole make it up thing isn’t working.”
“Excuse me Commander Bastion.” The voice of a nearby Twi’lek made the whole group look up. Dex flinching as the rank rolled through his mind. He hated it, he had much preferred Captain. “You’ve been requested.”
“What? Now, it’s like…” He looked at the chrono on his wrist. “Way to early for her highness-ness.”
“The Resistance never sleeps Commander.” The Twi’lek said with a smile as Dex rose from his seat and brushed the ice from his sleeves.
“Yeah you tell me about it.” He moved away from the other pilots before turning back. “Don’t touch my Gundark or there will be hell to pay.”

“So they have how many ships?” Dex finally said after an extensive review of the situation in the command room which was almost empty due to the hour, skeletal crew in the Resistance was really skeletal. He was struggling to comprehend the idea that the First Order were even smart enough to lock down ships rather then just destroy them. By the Force they made his job hard. “We don’t have the manpower to hijack that many.” He muttered counting a rough estimation in his head of the known personel. “Maybe seven or so big ones, we’ll have to sabotage the rest. This makes it difficult.”

He paused and listened to the wise words of [member="Khindys Kaai"], a man he saw as his own superior even though many would state Bastion was on even pegging. A load of rubbish in his mind. Kaai was as much the Resistance’s General as anyone, Dex just followed orders.
“The problem we have—“ Dex allowed a hologram of the Skye system to appear before them. “Is we have no idea how many ships the First Order has brought in since this intel. Skye is real close to Dosuun, they could drop the entire command fleet in our laps right in the middle of any raid. We have to make it fast and effective. In and out in an half and hour, an hour at the max.” It was impossible, fortunately for the Resistance Black Squadron liked Impossible.

“I suggest two teams. I’ll lead Aurek Flight and a team of volunteers against the shipyard itself. We get selected ships out and cripple the rest. The rest of Black Squadron will hit this—“ Dex hit a button on the console in front of him and opened an image of a large station floating in space. “—The Rithati Ridge Fuelling Station. It’s a major First Order installation, crucial to their Fleet as it moves through those areas. They will defend it with everything they can including part of the defence force at Skye, the jump is short enough for them to be first call reinforcements but long enough to buy us some time with the task at hand. Also I need [member="Damon Riggs"] here now.”

“Droid.” Dex pointed at a nearby protocol droid. “See if you can hold of [member="Kira Vaal"]. We need early eyes on that target.”
“Of course sir.” The droid started working at the controls and Dex returned to the holographic display where the skye system was slowly rotating. “No matter who we get this is going to be a one-shot deal Princess.” He raised his eyebrows towards [member="Evelin Redstar"], “but you know us, we love one-shot suicidal odds.”

OK-3103

Captain Meneer Chrome
OK-3103 knew little of their mission. He was ordered to report for duty at the hangar and deployed to a star destroyer. Briefings for privates were on a need to know basis – as was any briefing in the First Order. But non-officers needed to know the least.

He knew they were going to fight – that much was shared. But the who and the why? Largely irrelevant it seemed. So here he was, with the Wolves, ready to do whatever was required to end whatever threat they faced. It was clear to him that more worlds would benefit from the sort of law and order the First order could provide.

So he fell in line as they marched to the lower hangar, helmets in place – as was required in public – and once there, he headed to the appointed transport that would carry him down to the surface. Which planet the surface belonged to was academic. It was about to feel the might of the First Order. And he was ready to fight, to be a credit to the 501st.

TR-8R "Hunter"

NOT FN-2199,he and I are different
As the dropships began receiving troops,TR-8R quickly moved toward his assigned dropship,where he saw some fellow Riot troopers,and they awaited the battle to come.TR-8R was prepared to fight and die for the First Order.

Cloudburner

Perfection in human form.
tumblr_nw03kvhPmt1tzea8to1_500.gif

Much a wildcard at this point in time, as he fought for the Republic and the Jedi mostly, Cloudburner decided to back up the Resistance in defending their Starships and destroying the evil First Order.

He was in his ship, the Sunset Horizon overwatching the Star Destroyers. He had thought about landing in their tractor beam, and destroying them from there, but that would be a suicide mission. He had to be smart, and quick.

From there he would try and contact the Rebel Leaders, and Princess [member="Evelin Redstar"] for tasks he could aid in defending them.

"Princess? This is Silver Jedi Vahnnix Sunburner, otherwise known as Cloudburner. I want to help you. I have fought for the Mandalorians, the Republic and the Jedi, and now I want to help you reclaim your starships before the First Order break the encryption. So, in other words, you got yourself a guardian angel."

The mission was sketchy, and as a Jedi, Cloudburner knew nothing of it, but he knew that the First Order were a threat, and in helping the Resistance destroy them, then the Republic and the Jedi will have no more threat, other than the Sith and the Primeval, but those two groups were the larger threat and therefore, would require a whole lot more than a Rebel Resistance to defeat.

"I'll be waiting in my ship for your confirmation on me helping you out and all. You looked like you needed the help. I'm sitting right next to a Star Destroyer,while not in their tractor beam and I'm not one for detailed planning, so you just give me tasks. I'll be waiting."

Oozak

Some Random Trandoshan
The Zeltron soldier was eavesdropping on the Star Destroyer's chatter inside. He heard some interesting things going on in there. "I've got to give these codes to the Resistance." he thought. Quickly, he turned off his eavesdropping droid.

[member="Kyle Amedis"] and everyone else necessary.

--

Standing on one of the more isolated decks of the Star Destroyer, the fully armored Mandalorian observed the blackness of space. His mind was fixated on nostalgy. Standing aboard this massive ship reminded him of his roots - a Teresman. It was such a fine life, living to fight shoulder to shoulder with your family and friends, no galactic-wide complications and the worst of it - politics. Marius grimaced at the thought of when it all ended and his whole kin put to genocide. The few that were spared, such as Marius, were sold away as capable slaves. Years had passed and the Teresman had found not one hint of possible existence of his kin. There was no solitude in his loneliness, just pain. Marius was glad to have found the Mandalorians, or they had found him, who had similiar views on life that his culture practiced. The gap where his loneliness reigned was fulfilled with his feeling of belonging to the Mandalorians. Almost.

His personal, a term that Teresmen did not know usually, was to look for any possible clues and tracks concerning his kin's history and more importantly their future. The Mandalorian way of life which practiced independency, for which Marius grateful, has allowed him to pursue his own aim. An aim he had only put forth before him after the genocide commited upon his people. An aim that the so-called First Order witheld a piece of information about his kin in their large databases, which according to them had information dating back centuries. Of course, as anything in this wrecked galaxy he had found himsel in, the information came with a price.

His combat skills.

And those skills were now being called.

A message that appeared on his visor notified him of the order to group with the primary strike team in the hangar. The message disappeared a moment after Marius was able to read it. Although his verbal capabilities were quite below average in Basic, his reading skills were quite good. The Mandalorian left the deck and headed towards the hangar where supposedely a strike team was being gathered.

Oozak

Some Random Trandoshan
The Zeltron snuck into the location of the Resistance base, "I'm on your side people, but you probably wouldn't appreciate the sight of me." With that, he dropped the codes off outside the entrance in a box. The box contained a HoloNet message of the First Order codes. "Package delivered," he yelled out as he left.

"Commander," Evelin said grimly, looking up from where she huddled with [member="Khindys Kaai"] near the main display. The map around Skye was pixelated; as intelligence trickled in, bits and pieces moved into focus, with small red blips shifting every so often, representing enemy ships on patrol, as identified by what limited intelligence resources they have. She nodded when he referenced the number of ships the First Order had at Skye. "I may be able to assist on that score. We have an ally in the region whose affiliation with the Resistance is as yet unknown. That must be why they haven't vaporized him yet."

Her connection to [member="Cloudburner"] was vague, at best, but thank heaven for it now.

After verifying that the channel was secure, Evie placed her comlink into the speaker. "Cloudburner, do nothing that would draw attention to yourself. Until I can send in my scouts, you are the only eyes and ears we have in orbit. Please give us your coordinates and transmit your telemetry and sensor readings. We need to know what ships they have and where they are."

She muted the microphone on the comlink and turned to Six-Eye. "Six-Eye, page [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] and [member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]. A Jedi and someone with special forces background could be most helpful right now. And we can trust them both. And you heard the Commander -- see if [member="Damon Riggs"] can be reached. And schedule an all-hands assembly for 0500." The droid got to work and Evelin turned back to her command staff. "Provided Cloudburner can provide us with data that matches up, yours is a sound strategy, Commander." She inclined her head to [member="Dex Bastion"] and hefted her datapad, where she had been carrying on an encrypted conversation with [member="General Beyyr"]. "I have it on good authority that some members of our brothers in the Underground may come to our aid."

She sipped her cold caff and turned her attention back to the map, slowly coming into focus. "We specialize in suicide missions," she murmured, taking the moment to enjoy the quiet camaraderie between the two remarkable men who formed the better part of her triumvirate. "Aurek Squad -- the infiltration and extraction team. Besh Squad -- the distraction attack team. We're nothing if not original. As long as you are drawing up names for the infiltration team, gentlemen, you may add mine."

[member="Evelin Redstar"] | [member="Dex Bastion"] | [member="Khindys Kaai"]

The thing with messages through space were that they sometimes just down-righted sucked. The voice of the droid that had come through Kira’s communication channels was both broken and hard to decipher but after a series of recalibration tests by Bee and Onasi who had stayed on the Falcon until such a time he deemed was appropraite, they had managed to get the full message through.

Resistance channel Alpha-Red
Skye presence requested. Scout and prepare for initiative omega-six.
Respond through active channel.

“Can we get a message back to them?” Kira slid herself down into the seat that surrounded the holotable in-front of her. A questioning look towards Onasi seemed to purvey more of her words then she had intended.
“We can, it would have to be simple though.” He brushed his stubbled chin with a thumb. “This base set-up they have really isn’t helping the proceedings. Whose smart idea was it to put up on Hoth anyway?”
Kira gave a cough and looked away towards the little orange and white BB-unit that had rolled into the hold. He gave a series of beeps and whistles before turning his photo-receptor towards Onasi.
“What you two did? Geez.”
“It was the best choice. Bespin is close, the First Order wouldn’t worry twice about a snowball and there is a lot of room to hide in the snow.” She gave a shrug and stood. “Either way we know that Skye is out of their league at the moment and we need to alert them to the fact he is there.”
“Whose there?” Onasi seemed to have lost track of the conversation.
“The one thing that could destroy the entire Resistance. Supreme Commander [member="Aram Kalast"].” Kira played around with some channels on the communication board, hoping to vector in on the most established Resistance channel she could. “He’s there and that damn Star Destroyer of his will be there too.”
“Star Destroyer, the Resistance have seen Destroyers before.”
“Not like this. Resurgance-Class, nearly three-thousand metres of pure weaponry and armour. Thing can deliver an entire legion of Stormtroopers in minutes. They wouldn’t stand a chance.” Kira finally managed to get hold of one of the channels and opened it up.

“Echo Base this is Vaal.” She began, there would be no reason waiting for an answer, it would take a day at least for the message to even reach Hoth. “We are en-route to Skye, however be aware that VIP Two is in the vicinity. I repeat VIP Two is in the airspace around Skye. I suggest a re-think of this plan.” She paused. Hopefully they got her message before they deployed. If not, she would just have to do her hardest to help them on Skye.

General Kaai listened carefully as [member="Dex Bastion"] unfolded his space strike plan. It was a solid one; Khin's own agents had been looking into the possibility of sabotage at Rithati Ridge, but despite the station's heavy traffic they had found security too tight to easily smuggle in enough explosives to make much of a dent. The sudden appearance of a Resistance fighter squadron at such a key installation, however, would certainly draw First Order attention.

"You'll certainly be sticking your heads in the Rancor's mouth, commander," he said as the man finished, "but perhaps you'll surprise him enough that he'll be slow to bite. Who will command the remainder of Black Squadron while you lead Aurek Flight?" It was an honest question, not a loaded one; Khin trusted Bastion to make a solid call, and he trusted everyone in Black Squadron to do their part. He just hoped they'd make it back home.

And then a transmission from the galaxy's most wanted Jedi crackled in, distorted by the distance and the interference of sensor jammers and asteroid belts. In all his years chasing criminals, which had brought him into contact with innumerable bounty hunters, Khin had never imagined a bounty as high as the one on Vahnnix Sunburner. The price on his head could buy entire moons. It was the strangest offer of help he'd ever received.

But he deferred to Princess [member="Evelin Redstar"]'s judgement, as always. And she was likely right to accept; Resistance Command were wanted fugitives as well, and couldn't afford to be too picky when help was offered. How [member="Cloudburner"] had even known about the situation was beyond him. He hoped it was some kind of Force mumbo-jumbo and not common knowledge, because the latter would probably mean that the First Order was waiting for them.

In any case, he put more stock in [member="General Beyyr"] and the Underground. That was support he could understand.

The strike team would have to include fast, deadly individuals. Khin agreed that [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] and [member="Zamza Ra'Kira"] were ideal choices, if available. Nor was he surprised when the Princess offered to accompany the team. Although he worried about sending the heart and soul of the Resistance on such a dangerous mission, he respected her (and her skill at arms) enough not to object. He simply said "Of course, Princess."

Pinging comm channels indicated an incoming message, likely from [member="Kira Vaal"] given the specific encryptions. But distance and interference tugged at the transmission; Khin noted with frustration that it would take hours, far longer than they had available to wait, merely to get the first word. He longed for the reliable equipment and open presence of the Sector Rangers at times like these. But secrecy had its cost.

"I'm putting Echo Base on orange alert and scrambling our best to the hangar," he continued, keying commands into his console. "We'll stay in contact and update operational plans as more scouting data comes in, but we can't afford to delay any longer. Come back in one piece, and may the Force be with you." With that, he began to prep his troops.

Oozak

Some Random Trandoshan
The soldier was flying in his stolen Imperial shuttle from many years ago. Sure, it was extremely old, but it was also extremely modified, just the way he liked it. His R5-D4 droid Astro was giving him codes again, usually he ignored Astro, but this time, it sounded like he was saying something worthy.

"Beep boop, bop, blop dop lop."

"Oh yeah Astro, once I rescued you, I never told you my name, It's Maximo."

"Beep-doop loop doop"

"That's right Astro, we're heading towards a fleet of First Order TIE Fighters."

"Hoop loop loop koop joop"

"Yeah, I know it sounds dangerous to you, but I really want to test out some of my new modifications."

With that, Maximo and Astro headed out towards the fleet of TIE Fighters and began to blast them to bits.

((OOC: please disregard [member="Maximo-925"], who is not a member of the Resistance and has been asked to cease interference with this thread. Pleade consider this thread invite only and check with your faction staff prior to joining. Please pm me any questions! :) ))

Nara shuddered violently as she breathed in some more of the harsh Hoth air. The cold was so bad here that it almost felt like you were breathing in needles sometimes. The girl was currently off duty so she was in her bed smothered under a mountain of blankets still adorned in her thick white parka. Nara was not asleep, it was hard to get sleep in this place so she was just laying in her bunk deep in thought. Hoping to get some sort of placebo affect Nara began to think warm thoughts, like a summer in Coruscant which of course did not help one single bit. More pressing thoughts began to plague the young girl's mind. What does the future hold for the resistance? What happens when they are discovered? how long until the Princess overworked herself?
These were the kind of thoughts that earned her the place of the token worrier in the resistance. Nara let out a small grumble, she was not tired at all and she began to feel that laying in bed was useless. Nara rose and sat on her bed in silence. "I guess i could do with a walk" she uttered to herself.

Nara walked slowly down a small corridor not really thinking about anything in particular when she noticed the Princess' room up ahead with the door open. Nara decided to go an check on her which was something Nara did often. [member="Evelin Redstar"] meant a lot to Nara. Nara could not even begin to describe how much she respected and admired the Princess. The princess was a strong willed woman who had courage and intellect to match, how could Nara not admire such a woman? The princess was probably the definition of workaholic, everywhere she went she always found some way to get some work in. Nara was close with the princess which caused the young girl to constantly worry about her and her well being. Nara slowly walked Evelin's room and looked about. Nara looked at the Princess' empty bed which caused her eyes to widen. "Don't tell me..." Nara uttered to herself as she spun on her heels and left the room.

Nara quickly made her way down the corridor again, if the Princess was not in her room you could always be sure to find her in the command center working. Nara did not want it to seem like she was always nagging the Princess but Nara hated the thought of the woman working herself into an early grave. Evelin was the heart of the resistance and as far as Nara was concerned if there was no her, then there was no resistance. Nara entered the command center and lo and behold there was the princess. Nara noticed [member="Khindys Kaai"] and [member="Dex Bastion"] were in the room with her. "Oh, hello gentlemen" Nara anxiously uttered to them as she knew if they were there that meant something was going on. Nara's eyes then locked onto the princess and she approached her. The short girl placed her hand on the Princess' arm "Evelin, we talked about this. You must rest mor-" Nara's concerned sentence was cut short when she noticed all the maps and mission intel on the screens. It all at that point came together. Evelin, Khindys and Dex here together meant something was being planned. Nara quickly turned back to face Evelin with a worried expression. "Wait....you are not planning on going on a mission are you?"

Finally after so much running from the Xedael Empire, the bounty hunters, and a run in with an incredibly lethal Vong, Zamza finally had a place that he could call home. Well as close to one as a rebel could get, even with the resistance he was prepared to leave at any second. While the others he had bunked with put some personal effects up in their rooms near their bunks Zamza had nothing. A neat corner all to himself, if he up and left many probably wouldn't even notice anything wrong for days. Even now he stood outside the Hoth Base. The doors had just been opened not to long ago and the sun had begun its rise illuminating the planet and chasing the darkness away. Unlike many of those who dressed themselves in the large parka's and thick clothes, Zamza wore a thin black jacket and a pair of pants. The teachings of Run'War and his military training had prepared him for such things. Spending days crouching in mud, and marching in rain was common place for Zamza, and Hoth was just another environment he would have to conquer.

Every time he breathed out mist formed and he could feel the eyes of a few individuals watching him. Many had come to question his ways of doing things and thought Zamza odd. He couldn't blame them, as even he thought himself as odd. Since his run in with the Vong warlord Dredge, Zamza hadn't been the same. The weight of those deaths he caused weighed heavily on his mind and the images of the four he had killed to save the planet still stuck with him. He had made a choice to sacrifice a few for the many. Some called him a monster for his actions, and others pitied him. None had been there to see the options laid out before him. Either let Dredge release the rakghoul's on the planet or kill four individuals and have the Vong leave... Though what would a jedi have done in that situation? Zamza wondered.

A chirping from his pocket broke Zamza's concentration. "Ra'kira on the line." Zamza said before nodding his head a few times. "I'll be right there." Putting away the com Zamza turned his back on the rising sun and made his way back through the thick snow to Echo Base. Finally after so long of sitting and waiting he had another assignment though he had no clue what for. He had been simply summoned to the hanger to meet with other individuals. "Just what does that general have in mind this time?" Zamza whispered. He had come to respect [member="Khindys Kaai"] in his short time of knowing the individual. Even felt a sort of kinship to the individual as he did something Zamza only wished he could've done against the Xedael Empire. Kaai had fought back...

[member="Khindys Kaai"] [member="Nara Basaar"] [member="Evelin Redstar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom