Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You've got a friend in me [Valery Noble]

Caedyn Arenais

C
CAEDYN ARENAIS

Tagging: Valery Noble Valery Noble .

The cool night air was refreshing, and the open garden brought an appreciation for the outdoors and natural splendours of life that Caedyn Arenais had always greatly admired. His Homeworld, Commenor, had been a luscious green planet teeming with all manner of life, and then Mnemosyne after it with an even greater variety of landscape, plant and animal life. By comparison, Coruscant was so industrialized. A Metropolis of endless buildings and more people in one place than anywhere else in the Galaxy.

It had been a bit of an adjustment for Caedyn when he first arrived, yet now he had grown accustomed to it and had to remind himself to take advantage of the quiet and serene gardens that were available for all Jedi to wander and relax in. Such a time of respite was what he needed presently, and so he had found a bench to sit upon, turning his gaze to the stars in quiet contemplation of his life, his role and duty as a Jedi, and imagined that his parents would be watching over him from the ethereal veil.

Caedyn had been teaching significantly less of late, instead focusing his time on areas of need beyond the walls of the temple. There were still many obligations that Caedyn held while being based full-time on Coruscant: The Jedi Enclave of Svivren for example. Caedyn was once stationed there and still remained the Steward of the Temple due to no one else having taken the position. The Rimward Jedi still made use of the facility on a daily basis, but it was Caedyn who requisitioned the resources to keep it stocked and ready to receive new students and visitors from around the Outer Rim Territories. Then there was The Jedi Academy on Commenor, and The Jedi Temple on Mnemosyne; Both of which Caedyn had funded the construction of, and further financed the monthly resources through The Jedi Requisitions Package, essentially an open finance account for the many organizations of Jedi to utilize, regardless of their place and role in the Galaxy today.

Finally, the most recently completed construction was the Praxeum of the Whills on Mnemosyne. Caedyn felt that its purpose was worth the credits to fund, however, there would always be some part of him that would question its effectiveness. The Jedi Knight knew full well that his aspirations were idealistic at best, but nothing worth doing was something easily accomplished.

Coruscant Temple | Gardens
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Caedyn Arenais

It had been another long day at the Temple.

In the morning, Valery had trained on her own to make sure her skills wouldn't degrade. In the afternoon, she had taught several classes to young students, and in the early evening, she had spent some time with her daughter, who was now on her way home to eat dinner with her father. Valery, however, was still stuck at the Temple to finalize some paperwork before she could go home and be with her family.

She always felt bad when she had to leave Kahlil alone with Vera AND the triplets.

But staring for hours at paperwork was also quite the mental torture, so in an attempt to take a small break, Valery made her way down to the Gardens and drew in a breath of fresh air. On a city world such as Coruscant, it was places like this that made Valery still feel somewhat at ease. But what drew her attention, even more, was a very familiar presence. Her fiery gaze shifted to the source, and a warm smile appeared when she spotted him.

"Caedyn? It has been a while!" She said, clearly happy to see him. She then dipped her head respectfully and grinned a little. She knew that he was around because Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble met with him recently, but she hadn't seen him herself yet. "My husband told me you two met recently, but I feel like I've missed you in the halls. How have you been?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Caedyn? It has been a while! My husband told me you two met recently, but I feel like I've missed you in the halls. How have you been?"

The voice of Valery Noble Valery Noble lifted Caedyn from his thoughts, his gaze drawn from the stars to look to his left and instinctively standing in the presence of the Jedi Master, bowing respectfully in response. "Maste-...Valery" Caedyn corrected himself with a wary smirk. She, like Kahlil, had told him to refer to her by name rather than the title when they had first met. "Likewise, It's a pleasure to see you again" he spoke genuinely, the warmth of his words emphasized through the fond and friendly smile he bid her arrival.

"Truthfully, I've been meaning to stop by your office. Kahlil assured me I wouldn't be interrupting you, but I can only imagine how busy you must be these days" he admitted to her. Seeing Valery there in the Temple Garden was indeed a welcome sight as he had wished to catch up with her, yet the thought of intruding on her duty as a member of the New Jedi Council wasn't something that he felt would be polite or appropriate.

"And yes, I suppose it has been some time now hasn't it?" he asked rhetorically. He needn't tell Valery of their last meeting, given that it was she who introduced and basically inducted him into the New Jedi Order. It felt like a long time ago now, and that sense of unfamiliarity had long faded from where he stood today.

"I have been well, thank you" he answered her, providing only few details for the time being. He was alive, and in general terms doing well. He did not wish to bother the Jedi Master with the intricacies of his thinking of late. "How about yourself?" he deflected the focus of conversation, politely. "I was glad to hear from Kahlil that you have been well, but I'd prefer to hear it from you personally. I hope the Order isn't keeping you too busy" he chuckled softly, knowing that there was always something to be done when it came to organizing an Enclave or Temple, especially one so large as the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery shot him a bit of a smirk when he corrected himself in greeting her and met his warm smile with one of her own. They hadn't actually met too many times, but he was the type of Jedi and person who she'd quickly and easily call a friend. So she was quite happy to finally see him again. "I've been a little busy, but I'll always make time to meet with fellow Jedi and friends," she said with a genuine smile.

"And I'm glad you've been well. I'd also love to hear more about what you've been up to." With most Jedi, she was quite aware of what type of work they were doing, but she felt a little bad about having to admit that she wasn't all that up-to-date on where Caedyn has been since she helped him settle into the New Jedi Order a bit.

She does know about the Padawan he's training, at least.

"Oh and I've been well, and the Order isn't keeping me too busy now that the war with the Maw is over. We're having to deal with new problems, but I'm managing. I've been kept a lot busier by my family, but in a good way — we've expanded our little family and were blessed with three kids." She chuckled.

"Triplets are not easy, but I couldn't be happier."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Wow, that's wonderful" Caedyn smiled broadly at the news of Kahlil and Valery Noble Valery Noble 's growing family, "Congratulations to you both. I shall hope to meet them one day" He added with a soft chuckle, leaning back and turning his gaze towards the soil floor giving thought to his own daughter Kristyl Arenais. "I am blessed with only one, myself. Who seems to have grown far too quickly" He smirked proudly, shaking his head at the sheer time that had passed him by so seemingly fast. "May the Force be with your Children, guide them in life and nurture their hearts that they may see the beauty in all things," Caedyn said thereafter, almost as if reciting a personal blessing, words that simply came to his mind and were spoken in the most genuine of well-wishes.

"I wish I could claim to have been investing as much time into my Padawan's training as you have your Children's lives, yet Ariana has been pursuing her classes and assignments alongside her peers while my time has seen more focus beyond the border of the Alliance, since Exegol" He admitted. Truly he would have preferred to be walking alongside Ariana Du Couteau every day as he'd imagined when they first started to work together, yet she was independent and had a good head about her, while Caedyn's mind had been on other matters.

Reaching for the datapad that was magna-locked to his utility belt, Caedyn depressed the lock and soon activated the handheld device, the screen illuminating the Jedi Knight's face as he looked to the last page he had been reading over, soon handing it across to Valery. "This is my family trust, a list of all the assets I have thus far managed to lock down since the death of my parents. You'll notice a number of Jedi facilities among those assets. My time recently has been spent visiting these places to ensure logistics and resources are kept up to date, while also taking the time to visit some very wise Jedi that I have come to know over the years..." the latter of which he did not elaborate upon.

div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I'm sure Vera would just love to meet you," Valery said with a chuckle and the proudest of motherly smiles. "She is very social, a bit of a handfull sometimes, but such a sweetheart. The triplets are still babies, but I'm sure I could bring them along sometime as well." Showing off her family or meeting with friends together with her family was something she'd alway love doing.

"I'd love to meet your daughter as well. I'm sure she's wonderful," Valery added. She had picked up on the way Caedyn smiled and talked about her. Having good parents like him was a guarantee that she'd be an amazing person as well, as far as Valery was concerned.

She then listened to Caedyn ans chuckled softly in response. Valery knew all about Padawans and how difficult or easy they could be, depending on personalities. Luckily, it seemed that Ariana made things a lot easier for him. "It seems like you've found yourself quite an excellent student, then. Who I'm sure appreciates your effort." She offered a smile and watched him remove the datapad from his belt.

She was instantly curious.

"This is an interesting list, and might actually be quite useful soon. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble is organizing a meeting to talk about pilgrimages for our Jedi Knights to learn more about themselves and the Force. Perhaps they can visit these places as well if their paths take them there." She grinned a little, as she felt happy to be able to connect some possible dots. But what he said about meeting other Jedi also remained something she was interested in.

"Oh? Perhaps I know some of them from my own travels. Either way, I hope They've been able to help you "

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I hope she does" Caedyn smiled, speaking of Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau , "I have a lot of faith in her that she will do well as a Jedi Knight someday". Ariana was a good student to have the privilege of mentoring, though he did wonder at what point the two would come to look upon each other outside of the formalities of their training together. It was a slow process, which wasn't a negative thing, but Caedyn looked forward to getting to know the girl better and in doing so, knowing how best to train her in the more advanced lessons of the Force. The Jedi Knight had not yet spoken to his Padawan of the recent change in his direction and path as a Jedi Knight either, wanting to find the appropriate time in which he could discuss his theories without discouraging or confusing her in her current direction of learning.

"You might know Master Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun and Master Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , in fact, I'm certain you will at least be familiar with Thurion" Caedyn smiled as he spoke of two of his recent visits; "Both are incredibly gifted as they are wise". They were perhaps the only names that he could assume Valery Noble Valery Noble would know, as the others were newer acquaintances for Caedyn himself and he did not have a firm grasp on their history nor social circles before recently meeting with them.

"I recently put out a number of static holonet transmissions in the hope of speaking with learned philosophers and scholars of the Force. Not just Jedi but others as well in order to further my own knowledge and perspective of the Force" Caedyn explained, uncertain of how much detail he ought to speak for fear of the possibility that he might give Valery the impression that was not happy with the New Jedi Order. "My path as a Jedi has so closely followed that of a Jedi Guardian, whereas, over these past weeks, I have been focusing on amending that. As a Je'daii I was training to be a scholar of the Force, a Consular type if you will. I feel that is where the Force is guiding me to return, today" he elaborated to her, and quickly thought to specify; "As a Jedi".

The Jedi Knight fell silent in contemplation soon after, a pensive and thoughtful expression directed back towards the Garden as he considered how the Member of the High Council would react to the entire truth on the matter, let alone his recent meeting with the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . That was a meeting far beyond anything that Caedyn had attempted before, and one that, despite facing arguably the most dangerous of Force Users in the Galaxy today, proved to provide some enlightenment still.

"I have been reflecting a lot recently on the past, present and future of not only the Jedi but other Force-practicing organizations and groups as well. It could be thanks to my time with the Je'daii that has influenced my current direction, but I do not expect the Brotherhood of the Maw to be the last battle we are drawn into on a scale as significant as open political warfare. The Sith Order is growing in strength and number in the Outer Rim Territories for example...-And I am concerned for our history repeating itself, and the weight of choices, as well as the consequences that we will face in times ahead".

div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I actually know both of them," Valery said with a warm smile at the mention of both Tiland and Thurion. "I found Tiland after I was made the Sword, and we talked about a few things to help me keep myself balanced. Thurion, I met more recently when he visited the Temple on Coruscant. He's certainly a friend of the family now," she said with a chuckle. Vera loved him already, and Kahlil had been there when they met. They had even fought alongside the Lion King.

"I agree that they are both wise, and their hearts are in the right place." Perhaps she should seek out Tiland again sometime as well.

Valery then listened to him explain his current journey, and while he seemed uncertain about something, she still offered a smile. "Almost seems like you've been on a pilgrimage or journey similar to what my husband wants to encourage." She chuckled softly. "I understand it though, and I hope you can learn a lot about the Force and yourself. As a Jedi." She added the last bit just to tease him, and shot him a grin.

The topic then shifted to an issue Valery struggled with after waking up from stasis to find out Jedi and Sith were still fighting each other - the cyclic nature lf war in the Galaxy. "I know the Maw will not be our final enemy. I've already sent Jedi on assignments to keep an eye on the Sith Order, and my husband and I clashed with them as well."

"There is a lot to be done still, but we're not turning our backs to the problems out there."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"There is a lot to be done still, but we're not turning our backs to the problems out there."

"No, that would be rather grave for those who depend on us" Caedyn agreed, his right-hand lifting to his goatee and pressing it down flat against his chin in subconscious habit as he considered his next words carefully; "It would however be beneficial for all if there were to be an alternative to war for Force Users..." he suggested, speaking hypothetically for the time being.

"I need not reiterate the Jedi Code to one so experienced such as yourself, I know; But the Jedi serve the Force and the Force flows through all living things, thus for us to take the lives of others no matter how justified, we are contradicting the very doctrine that we claim to uphold," He said, soon clenching his jaw after hearing the words spoken to a High Council member of all Jedi.

"Please do not mistake me and take offence by my words, Valery. You know that I do not mean to criticize the New Jedi Order, nor insult you in any manner" He turned to look at her as he spoke with genuine sincerity. "As I have said, I have lived the path of a Jedi Guardian and fought in as many battlefields as I could be assigned to over the years, following the very same justification and belief that your Husband told me when I mentioned some of my concerns. To my mind, this isn't a matter for Jedi alone, but all Force Users...".

"For the Jedi, we are stuck in a paradox, if you will" Caedyn sought to explain his concern and insight gained over the recent months. "Balance in the Force will ensure that there are always Force Users like us, and those like the Sith. That the Light and the Dark will forever be present. Gain victory over the Maw for example, and we now see the Sith Order returning to power" the Jedi Knight spoke while moving his hands in the form of a scale weighing two weights against each other.

"It is an endless cycle of bloodshed that has lasted millennia and more. We fight to defend the Galaxy, but our fighting also assures and justifies retaliation from those who would oppose us" He frowned, turning his gaze back to the garden before them, wishing he had an answer to offer her in some way of making up for speaking his mind.

"I have been seeking further insight and more advanced Force techniques in order to find an answer to these thoughts" He again elaborated on the reason and motivation for his meeting others wiser and more experienced than he was. "This matter has come to me with such a purpose...-As if I cannot ignore it. I believe I am being guided in this direction, though I don't yet understand why" Caedyn expressed, implying that this matter was more than mere curiosity, but instead a calling of ethereal nature.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery was quiet for a moment after she listened to him speak, but then offered a smile, "When I was born, the Galaxy was at war. The Sith Empire had returned and held their lust for revenge for thousands of years, and they were setting the Galaxy ablaze once more. Several thousands of years later, I woke up from stasis to find the Galaxy still torn apart by a war so similar in nature." She frowned a little and tucked aside some of her long hair.

"I've struggled before with the cyclic nature of war in this Galaxy as well. It can make our efforts feel... hopeless, but I don't believe our fighting to defend justifies or assures retaliation," she said. "Our actions are already reactionary, meaning that those who seek to cause harm did so before we even raised our lightsabers against them. That is something that will always remain, even outside the realm of Force users."

There was a pause, as more disturbing memories returned to her.

"People don't need the Force to have a desire for conquest, for blood, or just cruelty. The Hutts once eradicated an entire species because they were too strong to be enslaved. The kind of evil that drives such a thing is..." She stopped and let out a soft sigh before she turned to Caedyn again. She wasn't upset, angry, or disappointed with him, but she clearly saw things a bit differently.

"I gave up on idealistic thinking a long time ago. I believe that there will always be people who put themselves above others, whether they're Sith or Dark Jedi, or not sensitive to the Force at all. We have a choice to stand against it, knowing it can create these endless wars, or we do nothing and willingly submit the Galaxy to thousands of years of darkness."

"I've made my choice, and everybody else has to do the same. If there's somehow a path through it all that ends the wars without another blaster shot being fired, I'll always pursue it. But if you've seen what some people are capable of whether we're addressing it or not, then I think you can draw the conclusion that it's not that simple."

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I've struggled before with the cyclic nature of war in this Galaxy as well. It can make our efforts feel... hopeless, but I don't believe our fighting to defend justifies or assures retaliation,"

"Reactionary as our actions maybe when it comes to conflict between us and followers of the Darkside, we are still continuing a cycle that was started long before the Sith became a known presence in the Galaxy, and it's this cycle of violence that I have been considering" Caedyn replied softly, speaking between the two of them and carrying a gentle tone certain to not be overheard nor misunderstood for discontent of any type.

"The First Civil War between Force Users was created by those of the Lightside sending their dark side brethren to exile. They then went further and attacked them in an unsuspected act of violence because they were afraid of what Darksiders might have done against them" Caedyn explained, uncertain of whether Master Valery Noble Valery Noble knew of that particular part of history. She likely did but he wanted to be certain so that she would understand where his thinking was coming from. "The conflict began through discrimination and intolerance towards others who did not follow the followers of Ashla's point of view".

"Now, we know how long this conflict has waged on for..." Caedyn continued, his gaze being drawn back to Valery as he sought to explain himself; "We react to violence, with violence. Our reaction gives the opposition the motivation for retaliation. Hence the cycle continues. One might argue that the Jedi could eliminate the opposition altogether, but that is not our way. We don't kill indiscriminately, as you and I both know all too well" he gave a brief smile as he knew Valery's decisions were always based on good judgement, and that she would never accept a life taken unless in the absolute last resort for self-defence and the protection of others. "And yes, doing nothing is only enabling those who would oppress and harm the vulnerable and innocent, you're absolutely right" Caedyn gestured to the Jedi Master, giving his complete agreement in that they had to act upon these things. "But therein lays the paradox and the concern that is driving me to seek further knowledge, that we might one day discover a way to end our rivalry with our brothers and sisters in the Force"

"And yes, this is certainly idealistic thinking" Caedyn smiled pessimistically, "And I don't expect to find an answer in my lifetime, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try. Balance in the Force will ensure that there are always followers of the light and followers of the dark side. Just as the state of war when you were born and when you came out of stasis, be it the Sith or another Dark Side organization. By this conclusion, there will always be violence unless we are able to come together one day, somehow".

Caedyn gave a huff of an exhale, turning back to look towards the beautiful garden flora before them. "I realize this is all hypothetical, these theories of mine. I do not expect the Sith will stop in their attempt to dominate us, such is their philosophy, the strong survive while the weak are to serve" Caedyn repeated that which Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had told him most recently. "But there are other Force Sensitive groups out there that we could seek to strengthen our diplomatic ties with".

"Non-Force Users on the other hand are another story where war is concerned. None of this applies to them, but rather to how closely tied to the Senate we are, and what impact and influence their decisions have on the New Jedi Order. This however wasn't something I wished to discuss, because as you may know already, I have taken part in countless wars for the Silver Jedi and now the Alliance. I understand our responsibility to the Galaxy, and like you, I would rather act than do nothing at all" Caedyn concluded, not having wished to bring up that particular subject for it was another conversation that could be drawn out, and one discussion was enough for the time being.

"Does the New Jedi Order presently have a department that researches such matters; A particular field, that Jedi here on Coruscant, investigate?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom