Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Your Undoing | TB Invasion of SJO held Yurb & Keldooine

Ver'kad Inuk

V
Gir Quee Gir Quee - Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Ah, that visualisation helps. That works for me. I'll perform edits accordingly to bring my ships forward.

However I'm confused as to how Gir's fleet is in front of Ura's when in Ura's post he wrote the Storm bringer being in range of my 1st fleet, whilst Girs post was clear he wasn't in range. So, ultimately I'm confused as to how Gir's ships are in front?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ver'kad Inuk , the visualization I'm using above is how we're getting all on the same page, as none of our posts otherwise match.

Your initial post says that your ships are out of range of the Glasser Station's weapons
Ura's initial post says that your ships are in range of the defense fleet
I attempted to meet both of your's and Ura's posts halfway in my post by saying that my fleet is between the defense fleet and your first wave fleet - and out of range of the Bryn fleet- thereby matching your post.

With Ura's edit, we should also be on the same page in that everyone should be out of range of each other for the first round of posting in relation to your first wave ships, with the exception of the Bryn second wave ships which dropped into realspace in orbit of the planet - those are going to quite clearly be in range of Ura's and Reshmar's defense fleet ships and stations because they are also in orbit of the world.

I know that you have a lot to keep track of between all of the characters that you're playing for this invasion, as well as acting as a staff member for the Bryn faction, but I think some things may have gotten forgotten with the droid fighters, as my post matches the other Bryn writers such as Osam, but it does not match your 2nd post.

My droid fighters are not charging the 1st wave of Bryn ships. They are attacking the support craft that are in Yurb's atmosphere that are attempting to land.

EDIT: I'm going to be keeping a map in my posts from here-on out to try and prevent some misunderstandings. Feel free to correct me on the map if you envision your ships in a different place than what I've put on my map.

Last edited:
Gir Quee Gir Quee I'm a tad confused as to what you mean here. Did we not agree to leave it as is with you attacking Osam and galaks ships?

Note; the Gunboats that Osam/Galak are part of were part of the first wave, not the second.

Additionally in your latest post you're attacking Gunboats. Was this a mistake or are your vessels firing at the gunboats that have made it to the planet surface?

Last edited:

Ver'kad Inuk

V
The Monster The Monster | Gir Quee Gir Quee | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran | ADM. Reshmar ADM. Reshmar

Hey, I don't mean to be that guy but you guys are currently sitting at 34,355km and that's technically over the agreed fleeting limit even if you subtract the Glasser Station. Jack's Hope may not have been considering party to the fleet compliment but considering I counted my Carriers I think its only fair the Hope is also counted to the fleet limit.

As a counterbalance, I'd rather than bring in more ships just like to deliver more Ra'maks to the battlefield if that is alright with everyone. They will most likely just deploy from the Dropships already landed rather than just existing. Is that alright with everyone?

e6830236e70881e13dc3d356f10aa777.png

Just gonna drop in and clear up: this is the agreed upon fleeting limit ^ (34,355km is a number that falls in there)

carry on!

Ver'kad Inuk

V
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl
1hltBV2.png

My understanding based on this initial statement was that considering the orbital defence platforms, it would be a 30 SJO - 35 Bryn fleet limit with the Orbital defence platforms exempt from the fleet limit.
If I was falsely under the impression the agreed limit was 30km on the SJO side and 35km on ours due to the Orbital Defence platforms, then I apologise for the misunderstanding.

This seems like a miscommunication. Ura was trying to give you a range to chose from, and when you responded with 30-35 it read to us that anything in that range was fine.

The glassier stations are an objective and are not part of our fleet limit, as Ura said "with these already accounted for, how about this number?"

Putting that aside and going back to the matter at hand, we are willing to be flexible in this moment because we're really eager to get to the story. To get rolling, we're willing to give you 5k more in space but ask you do not take it to the ground. It feels like our orbital blockade has not held the merit it should and we'd like to see more back and forth action in space with you.

I think that this is the best compromise for all sides to feel like they've gotten/ preserved something here.

You down? Looking forward to throwing down with you! Lessgooooooooooo.

Ver'kad Inuk

V
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

I very much so appreciate the leeway, I'm going to respectfully decline the additional 5k up to 40km. Considering all things involved I believe its not necessary, I'll reshuffle some of the forces that were pending arrival. EI: Debuachers have not arrived yet, as it stands with my combined 4 Butchers, 2 Conquesters, 2 Carriers & the Divine the fleet stands at 27,072km so I have wiggle room.

In regards to the merit of the orbital blockade the vessels that made their way past the Orbital blockade did so because of the writing, they were not fired upon in their arrival and mechanical deploy incredibly quickly. I would genuinely put this feeling down to a mixture of confusion on some initial things and in general the Glasser Stations ect not directing their focus to them.

Though I would add that 5 Dropships and 15 Gunboats were destroyed in the process. So, I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment.

However thank you very much for clearing this up quickly. I appreciate it. C:

EDITS: My apologies to Sergei, Ura, Gir and Resh for the evidently unnecessary tags and distraction.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

After re-reading your first post I feel I need to clarify a couple things.

First of all, the Bryn'adûl haven't yet breached the shields over Edsert City and so won't be present in the streets where Caedyn, Nida and Kyra are. They're presently situated around the outskirts of the Capital and are trying to gain entrance.

We're currently evacuating as many civilians as possible before the Bryn are able to breach and slaughter them all.

Secondly, we're giving other people time to post between our own. This is a grace period of 24 hours (at least) in order for the opposition to have the opportunity to get their stories out without feeling like they're being ROFLstomped Overrun.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up!

Ver'kad Inuk , the SJO fleeters have some concerns about your latest post.

Typically, if we're holding forces in reserve in a roleplay, it's something that we announce at the start of the roleplay, just to prevent people from piling in more and more ships. If it's about evening out the meterage, then we have another concern to talk about:

As I understand it, you're counting the Ra'maks under the support squadron count of your capital ships. However, the Ra'maks themselves are capital ships. You can check with factory staff if you want to be 100% sure, but Support Squadrons on capital ships cannot be filled with other capital ships. This means that technically, the Ra'maks count towards your overall fleet meterage. I didn't think that was initially going to be much of an issue if you were just using them to land troops as large dropships per the original codex sub provided to us in your initial post (and fade into the background) but now it looks like in your latest post that these aren't transports or support craft, but rather are being employed as actual combat corvettes engaging other warships.

We're now inclined to increase our own fleet size to match.

I'd rather not escalate things any further by adding more ships with each post. We've got to figure out a solution to this. One might be increasing the number of Silver Jedi warships present to match the Ra'mak, or perhaps even easier would be to turn the Ra'maks into a support craft submission using the starfighter template, but that's going to impact their size and power on the battlefield, as well as their ability to carry boarding pods.

"The Debauchers would arrive directly ten metres above each vessel and quickly begin to descend; immediately the technological deadzones generated by their vampirism would begin to effect their chosen prey, smothering the shields and whatever weapons were within their range as each Debaucher would use their massive tendrils to latch onto the ships and pull themselves up and latch onto the ships entirely."

I think it's fine to have the debauchers revert fairly close to their targets, but I think that 10 meters close is really pushing it. Most of the SJO craft are manuevering under fire (except the Glasser Stations), and firing themselves. These aren't stationary targets whose course can be easily predicted. Additionally, there is likely going to be a time lag in the information that the debauchers are given, and the time it takes to execute the jump, especially given that the Debauchers have a fairly slow x10 hyperdrive. Additionally, there are some individual factors ship have to take into account.

For example, the Emerald Undertow is surrounded by a Starlight Scutum Shield, which surrounds the ship in a spherical, encasing shield projected at a distance around the ship itself. That isn't something you can simply hyperjump through (Well, you could if you were fine destroying the debaucher in a ramming attack).

We'd like to request an edit saying that the debauchers revert close to their target vessels and begin making their attack runs, but not immediate reversion with an automatically successful latch with the exception of the Glasser Stations. The Glasser Stations aren't moving and should be very easy to revert on top of and board because of it.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

Basically, all fighting going on is happening outside of the Capital City's shield perimeter. Everything going on within the Shield is humanitarian/evacuation based. You can either choose to edit out the fighting, or have your position relocated to the shields exterior and help the Antarian Rangers defend the Shield Generator or otherwise other locations surrounding the City outskirts.

See here for Map and Locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom