Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Character's Biggest Weakness that ISN'T a Personality Trait

Alen is easily manipulated or tricked, even in duels. If it's not obviously violent or doesn't have those connotations, he's really got no idea what to do with it.

Flexability heavy beskar is good for taking a hit but not great for flashy stuff. So combat is limited to short energy conserving strikes and blocks. If I have to bend twist spin jump chances are I'm going to bite it.

Fighter combat I push the fighter too hard and risk killing my self before an enemy can.

The biggest weakness Voroll has is that he literally knows nothing useful other than how to fire a blaster. He hasn't been taught how to use the Force or how to wield a sword or lightsaber (despite carrying he former everywhere).

6421-michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

I've waited for so long for someone to make this thread.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
I am 6' reddish with horns. Chances are a sniper could drop me quick. Also just about and female ever would be able to kill me. I only know 4 force based skills 2 of which Jorus is still teaching me. My only real combat skill is being a good shot and that goes about this [-----] far.

I'll add my own opinion on the title, though:

A personality trait, and a lot of other things in this thread, can be a pretty big weakness, but a lot of people use it in their character biography as a throwaway to get past the two weakness requirement. I don't blame them, though, so it's not something I think about doing a witch hunt about.

I believe that the Strengths and Weaknesses section should be used to essentially give a short summary of a character. At the least, it presents four core traits of the character that are nearly always shown. Every significant character has some weakness, and most likely some strength - even those in Star Wars movies had some personality traits as weaknesses. Difference between the movies and here is that the characters had displays of their weakness at nearly every chance given. I honestly think most people forget about those throwaway weaknesses shortly after character creation on this site - so something such as pride never gets shown in actual role-playing to be a weakness.

In my opinion, a good way to present a personality trait (and any other) in a biography is to present an example in which it causes a significant issue. Daella's biography showcases this - I give the reader something that demonstrates the weakness's practical implications.

To make it perfect too, the personality trait has to be a foundation in the character's being - just like any other person's personality traits. I'm fairly sure that everyone that has interacted with Daella via role-play understands her core personality traits and what could be assumed to be a key weakness in them. It has a distinct, unmistakable effect on every social interaction that Daella has and has even prompted characters to respond negatively to it - thus solidifying it as a weakness worth being listed and kept.

The same could be said for strengths. They're very core for Daella and are displayed in nearly every thread as often as I can just as weaknesses. It gives the character flavor and depth - even at the most basic levels - and helps begin the process of creating nuances in the character.

If we're not allowed to go into personality territory, then I would have to say that inexperience is Thurion's greatest flaw. He's hardly ever fought another Force-User before, other than during training sessions. He's still very young, and therefore naïve enough to believe his enemy wouldn't cheat in a fight or otherwise, while he restricts himself by his own code of honourable conduct in combat. He's far from a technical genius, in fact quite the opposite. He knows how to fly a ship, and that's about it.

Aside from her extreme paranoia, which is a personality trait and constantly written in as a weakness, it would have to be Jyn's lack of anything martial - she doesn't know how to fight, and has only just begun to touch upon the Force, because she rejected all her earlier training.

For Kära it would be either her hyper-sensitive eyesight or her frail body, both of which are actively mentioned weaknesses. She can fight, but she can also be easily overwhelmed physically.

Asha's is her sickly state and very flippant mentality (which hasn't been helped with her PMD caused by Kaine >___>;') - sometimes her health can radically disintegrate, or her mind will break for a time. It's happened a few times :[

Daux? Ha! Well what isn't a weakness of hers? She can barely walk (she has to be holding onto someone, and even then it tires her out very quickly), she can barely talk (outside of half-words like "Jaa") and she knows nothing save her animalistic side.

I'm starting off this character relatively weak. This is because, with his force-oriented skillset, he does not have access to very powerful abilities at his current level of training. It's a trade off--I'll be weaker than most now, but exceptionally strong later.

The Force... Lilith is so bad at using it, that she should go back to the Jedi Order and start training from the beginning, from the first lessons given to Jedi Younglings. It may be a personality thing, but she is also really afraid of losing her sister. And... she has no lightsaber skills nor can she fight without them (with blasters or bare hands or something). Oh, and her tragic past.

Most of my other characters don't have such developed weaknesses nor do they have developed strengths. But I have always tried giving my characters equal strengths and weaknesses... or even made weaknesses bigger than strengths or something.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Well, I wear armor with built in repulsors to move around, so if you catch me out of armor not only will I scream like a naked woman in the shower in a horror movie, but I weigh so much I can't really move myself much... if at all.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Kitt Solo said:
Suck at force healing and anything illusion related. Better not meet that Je'gan guy anytime soon.
I hear he gets stuck in brassiere drawers rather easily. You should be fine @[member="Kitt Solo"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom