Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Hear That Noise? It's Happiness. (Beth)

“Hope for the best and hold onto each other. Uh oh! Oh no! I’m not holding onto anyone! Aaauuughh!” Theatrically waving his arms, Girak played at a flail. He chuckled and gripped Beth’s arm softly. “Hold me.”

The man whimpered. A father through in and out, he waited until the laughter faded naturally, watching the Westralian sun play across the waves.

“I assume so. Is Yasha the sensitive one, or is it the twins? What happened on Ithor, and why won’t the Ithorian Priests allow her to go back? What happened under Kaas City, and why are we worrying about it, eh? Why not worry about what to get Adara for her birthday? Or Reyn’s frequent use of a spark gun? How about recording some music? It’s not selfish to take care of the family. Just be aware of the greater scheme, but some of us need to focus on the things that make these battles worthwhile. Might as well be you and Peggy. I’ve missed knowing you, Beth. Glad you’re among us.”

Beth gave her grandfather a silly face as he began to flail. It was a much-needed laughter in a rather intense, and frankly scary discussion. She laughed and moved her free arm over to pretend as if she was holding him. Eventually, though, the laughter faded as Beth returned to simply resting against his side, watching the waves.

There is so many questions and we don’t really have any answers. Mysteries are hard to stay mysterious, though. We just gotta be patient. I do know this, though, Yasha did good on her attack and hide. I mean, weeks battling Carnifex and managing to not get killed, without even thinking about the nutritional and hydration issues should have arised...” She nodded as he made a wise suggestion – while there was a mystery, life still went on. The little joys in life still happened. It was the small things that made it all worth it, in the end.

I’m glad you’re here, too, Papa. And, well, now we have plenty of time to make up any of our lost time!

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

“We stay together. We’ll survive. So, no being afraid, little one. How are your classes? You know, your father’s Mentor is a trained doctor. If you wanted to learn some extras, or needed an internship, I’m sure we could arrange it.” Girak slung his arms over his knees. The sun settled well on the water, fragrance of myrtle and roses wafting in the air. Elsewhere, Yasha slept on in the healing rays of sunlight drifting through Beth’s windows.

A pair of troublemakers were crawling through the grass. Whispers from two little Mandos. Reyn and Adara clambered toward Beth and Girak, their nanny Tamar watching over their progress from above.

“Attaaaaaaack!” Ram’ika bellowed, lunging at [member="Beth Cadera"]. Adara pounced onto Girak’s back, and then was flung into the air, bobbing up and down on a telekinetic cushion.

“Eeeeehehehehehehehehehehehee!!! PAAAPAAAAAAA!!!”Adara was a host of giggles in a little blue romper, her hair in braided pigtails. Ram tried to climb up Beth’s back and fall down the other side, in his green fabric ‘beskar’gam’ jumpsuit.

“Beffy!!!! Beffy! Beffy!! Where’s our pwesents?!” Ram’ika bellowed, climbing over his sister.

She gave a nod. That would have to suffice, at least for now. But then he asked about her classes. "Classes are really good! I made top marks in most of my classes. The homework is a bit... Intense, not a lot of time between that and work. But it keeps me busy, so I'm good with that." She brought her legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. His next words through brought a huge, eager smile on her face. "Yes! I would love that. I really need to learn more."

And just like, the two little tykes attacked both her and Papa. She gave a huge grin, laughing as she watched him try to to climb her. She was able to get a hold of him and whip him into her lap... But she acted as though she was taken down with surprise. "Ahhhh!!! Where did you come from, Ram?!" She booped his nose playfully, "I still got you, muahaha! Hey little Adara!" She would mention quickly as Adara attacked Papa.

"Hmm, maybe. Do you guys deserve some presents?" She asked, teasingly with a big playful grin on her face. "I have something for you and for Adara!"

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

“Good! Get the best marks in your class, and I’ll let Aunt Peggy take you to Panatha to the high streets. New everything.” Girak nudged Beth’s cheek and was about to dust off when they got mauled by cuteness.

“Aaalllll the pwesents!!” Ram yelled, his little voice washing over the rolling hill. He giggled and shook his legs as [member="Beth Cadera"] flung him into her lap and tickled away. Ram struggled to tickle back. He was Ram’ika Australis! Ram’ika Australis would always always win his battles. Just like daddy.

“We been good! I did all good stuffs, and I hit the bad guys with my hammer and...” Ram re-enacted the battle of Nyriaan, flopping around in his sister’s arms. Adara tumbled into Girak’s embrace. She crawled over to Beth’s knee and put her hands on it.

“And and and I didn’t cry when we got shot at and and Tamar was bleeding and Baba was killing the bad people and then Aedan taught me how to help without hurting and and Buir said, Buir said we were gonna have a family day but then she had to work. But then the doctors got mad and Ambrose bit one when they said... they said if she didn’t take naps we wouldn’t have brovers.”

Girak ran his hand over Adara’s hair and shushed the girl.

“Everything is okay, Dar’ika. That doctor deserved to lose his arm.” Girak smirked with a sigh. “Buir is napping, and I think you and Ram do deserve gifts.”

“Eeeeeeeeee!!! Presents!!” Adara hopped up and down with Ram, eager for their gifts.

Beth perked a brow and gave the facial expression of ‘yes, I accept this dare completely.’ She gave a nod, “Deal. No backing out!” She wished she could have recorded that, but she would have to take his honor and word for now – she was sure he wouldn’t back out. At least, not at first… No guarantees after he sees the price tag, though.

Beth naturally pretended to lose the tickle war. “You win, you win! No more!” She would exclaim, her hands up in the air now. But the lil’ dude was already off talking about his adventures. “Good job, I bet you were the bravest and strongest warrior that was there!” Despite her relative worry about the situation, she did her best to show encouragement.

Then, though, she felt Adara’s hand on her knee. She gave a small soft smile to Adara, the first time she had seen her since Sabarene. “Come here, Sweet Pea,” she said quietly as she pulled Adara, and assuming she obliged, from Girak and into her lap. It was a little tight with her brother wiggling around on her other side. “You did so good! And you’ve learned so much! Mama will be okay, she just needs her rest.” Beth booped her nose softly, giving her a little kiss on her forehead.

Presents time! You both deserve lots and lots of presents." Beth carefully stood up, with Adara on her left hip and Ram on her right hip. She gave a little nuzzle with her head to Ram, “I know you two can walk, so I won’t make you stay in my arms the whole way, but I haven’t carried either of you in forever.” She sat the two down, but held onto their hands if they would let her.

They’re in my ship, it’s not far. They’re even wrapped for you guys!

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

Bethany’s little sister peered up at her sister’s face. She hadn’t seen [member="Beth Cadera"] in months. Not since hopping down from Glomkhoduil’s lap in her fluffy new dress. Too young to understand the dangers her elders encountered, Adara could only look up in her sister’s eyes in hope that the affection she remembered was there.

It was. Adara’s cheeks peaked up in an unabashed grin as she hugged her big sister.

“But Befthy I don’t want to go down!” Adara clung to Beth’s neck. Ram ran around yelling pew pew and ‘protecting’ his sister’s and great grandfather with that Australis enthusiasm. “I love you Befthy.”

Adara gave her sister a kiss and shimmied down, taking Beth’s hand and walking back toward the house. Leaning against the door, with a shawl around her shoulders, Yasha watched her grandfather and kids. There was an ashen palor to her skin, a fatigue which none saw for her armour.

“Buiiir!!!! Befthy’s home! Befthy’s home!!” Ram’ika went booting into his mother’s legs, reaching up with both arms. Yasha put her hand on Reyn’s head. She smiled down at her boy, and waited as Girak rushed up to pick Ram up and let him cuddle into his mother’s arms. “And she brought pwesents!!”

“You should be sleeping.” Girak sighed, looking Yasha over.

“Dreams. It’s okay. What did Bethy get you two? Can I see?”

Beth’s greatest fear turned out to be nothing but anxiety. Adara didn’t hate her or didn’t want to see her. Beth almost couldn’t tell even if Adara was affected by it at all. Adara seemed happy to see her, although maybe there was some worry on Adara’s part, too – and she could only hope that Adara didn’t feel that irrational fear before it vanished.

With the big hug between them, any fear, regret, or worry vanished. She simply hugged the little girl. “I love you too, Adara. Always.” She would say back, giving her another kiss on the forehead before Beth let her onto the ground. Beth could only give a smile and a light laugh as she watched Ram run around acting like he was already in a war.

Her smile widened as she saw her mom and the kids running over, although the smile slightly faltered when she realized Yasha didn’t quite look like herself. More pale. She followed behind Girak, smiling at both.

Dreams? Either way, she smiled, “They’re in my ship, unless they’ve been moved out. So we were heading over there now. We can bring them back before they open them, so you can watch them tear the paper up.” That was half the fun, after all.

I’ll be right back!” She would say as she jogged off to her ship, returning a few minutes later with three boxes colored in pretty wrapping paper. She peeked around the side to see where she was going, as the three boxes in her arms went just a bit above her head. “Let’s find a place to sit?

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

The minds of children were frequently short in temper when it came to unsavoury events. What Adara recalled was harder to discern than almost anything else. If Yasha could pry anything out of her firstborn, it wasn’t nearly as much as she hoped.

“The living room’ll do.” Yasha took Reyn from Girak’s arms and held him on her hip. The boy nuzzled his mother, and kissed her cheek. His arms wound around her neck, and fingers stuck in raven hair, while he waited for his sister to return. Nuzzling the boy’s hair, Yasha kissed his forehead. There was a previously unknown worry in the back of her mind.

Why hadn’t Kaine come home from the outer reaches? That… contract with Kanjiklub? She banished the thoughts, as [member="Beth Cadera"] came back with packages stacked up. It brought a smirk to Yasha’s face, as Reyn jumped down to crowd around Beth’s feet.

“PWESANTS! PWEASANTS DAR’IE!!” Ram’ika raced to the living room, hopping up and down on the couch. Girak swooped in to take the packages before Beth tanked, setting them on a low table.

“Ram, no jumping on the furniture.” Yasha whimpered. She sat down on an armchair, and watched as Adara and Reyn ripped into the paper around their gifts.

“I missed you. What did you get, Ram?”

She gave a nod as she followed her family into the living room. She gave a large smile as she watched Ram interact with Yasha. Granted, she could barely see the interactions due to the big boxes she had in her arms. It was adorable to see them interact. Really, she hoped she liked them. She wasn’t entirely sure if they would like it.

For Ram, he had two presents. One was sniper rifle water gun. Beth had no idea if it would actually work, honestly. How it could get enough force to expel the water for a relatively ‘long’ distance, in terms of water, she had no idea. The second one was a cool looking water gun but more rifle-like.

For Adara, a relatively large (for a girl her age) dragon. And a doll. Beth had no idea if she’d even remotely like the doll but it was something Beth had always wanted as a girl her age. She never got one because she had to prioritize food and by the time her and Kaine had been reunited, she hadn't really cared for them anymore.

Beth gave Papa a ‘thank you’ look as he took the presents and sat them down. Beth sat down, cross-legged in front of the kids as they began to rip the presents apart, lost in watching how happy they were.

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

Ram’ika tucked into the paper with childish abandon. He tore and tossed paper in chunks, until his toy water guns found their way into his arms.

“Buir! Buir! Play fight!!” Just like Baba’s. Yasha grinned and shared a loose chuckle with Girak.

“Oh thank Kad. There you go, Ram! Now you know what this means, right?” Yasha leaned forward to lock eyes with her son. “You have your own kit now. No more trying to steal Buir and Baba’s.”

“Water now!?” Brilliant blue eyes peered up at his mother’s, and Ram nodded rapidly. “I can fill them!”

The boy struggled to get up without letting go of his toy water guns, bonking into [member="Beth Cadera"]’s side in his attempt to run off.

“Thank you Befthy!!!!” He scampered off to Tamar trotting after him, words of ‘not in the house’ and ‘don’t spray your sister’ unheeded by [member="Kaine Australis"]’ littlest soldier.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! A Dwagon! Buir, lookie! Look! Loooook! It’s so cute I’m gonna snuggle it till it’s real!” Adara cuddled and snuggled her dragon as tight as her little arms could. Opening the doll box, Adara’s eyes went wide.

“A dollie?” The little girl peered up into Beth’s eyes. “You do love me!”

Adara hugged her toys, plunking down again in Bethy’s lap to play Lady Dragon Rider, her new favourite game. “And you, ebul dooor are going dowwwn! Rawrrr! Fiiiiire! Pew pew pew!”

Adara plunked the doll on top of the dragon and played at her riding the beast around, ‘pew pew’ing the imaginary bad guys with invisible fire. Yasha watched from the distance of her chair.

She grew quiet and smiled.

“You did good, Beth. I… I hope your suite and studio are gift enough.”

Beth couldn’t help but have a huge, glowing grin. To see her brother and sister so happy, well, she couldn’t think of much else that could make her as happy.
She let out a chuckle with the other adults, although Beth had to perk a bow as Yasha leaned forward about stealing kits. Was he trying to steal their guns? Oh Goddess... That would be very, very unsafe. “You’ll be the best warrior there is. But be careful – remember, sometimes you gotta be sneaky and not shoot inside homes. And do not shoot your mom! Or Adara, okay? Or me, actually.

Although, as he struggled to get up, she quickly grabbed him to help him stand. She nodded her permission, despite Yasha having the ultimate say as she ruffled his hair affectionately. She watched as he trotted off and then her attention was turned back to sweet Adara.

She gave another bright smile as she glanced at [member=Yasha Cadera]. The more nervous present Adara opened but… She seemed to love it. Beth nearly sighed in relief, although she gave a small, genuine smile as she pulled Adara into her lap. “Of course I love you!” She gave her a soft kiss on the top of her head as she began to play with her dolls.

Beth let her head slightly rest on top of Adaras – not enough to actually put any pressure, but enough that she could feel her warmth.

Buir, you didn’t have to get me anything… It is more than enough.” She smiled at her mother, the one person in the world she knew she could always count on, as she reached her hand out to squeeze hers. “I’m never going to leave, I hope you know that though. And I’m not quite finished with my crazy rebellious years…” She winked, chuckling playfully.

Pregnancy hormones were the bane of Yasha Cadera’s existence. She decided that on the tail end of a sniffle. It was the hormones. These twins were giving her double portions. Adara played in [member="Beth Cadera"]’s lap, giggling and making funny voices to go with the dragon and its’ kick-backside strong female rider.

Warrior queen, Yasha’s pardon. Reyn came running back in with a water gun full to the brim, his shirt uselessly soaked and a vicious grin on his face. His father’s grin.

It occurred to her that this was happiness. A home, her children happy and playing. Beth home from school with an inner relief and the dreams of teenaged troublemaking.

Yasha’s eyelids grew hot. She blinked, but could not escape the tears at the corners of her eyes.

“When I was Adara’s age, I was killing sithspawn with my teeth. Adara… Adara doesn’t even know how to hold a knife. She can’t slit a throat.”

Girak’s breath caught. He jolted and looked to his granddaughter.

“Adara can’t even throw a punch.” Yasha sniffled, the tears coming easier now as her grandfather sat on the arm of her chair, and passed her a box of tissues. Blowing her nose, Yasha stuttered.

“I did it. I raised kids who aren’t scared.” Her children were not going to have to wear the horrors of the age to survive. They didn’t have to take up any more armament than a watergun Reyn’s nanny Tamar taught him how to shoulder, then shoot at a design in the carpet. Adara wasn’t apprenticed to a Sith Lord, or sleeping under furniture because a ‘b-e-d’ was too open and vulnerable.

“My babies are home.” The exhausted mother, who carried an entire Empire on her shoulders broke into tears of catharsis. Tears of joy. She knelt down on the carpet beside Beth and Adara and threw her arms around her daughters, sobbing and laughing at the same time.

Beth was having a hard time not squeezing Adara to death. She made sure she had plenty of room to play with her new toys. It took Beth all her strength to not give her the biggest snuggles ever.

She gave a soft smile to Yasha, Papa, and back to Adara. Beth was not exactly prepared for what came next, though. Beth’s and Papa’s reaction were both similar – a quick, sharp breath in.

Beth gave a small smile and a nod, “She’s just a sweet little girl with the whole world ahead of her,” Beth would say quietly as she gave another kiss on Adara’s head.

Beth quickly looked down at what Yasha said. And winced. She had… But, Beth was afraid. But, it wasn’t because of Yasha. Or the Netherworld. Or anything like that. It was just… His image. His right hand. The darkness she felt. It clouded her, coated her in an evil that brought chills to the deepest part of her soul. And her subconscious, and barely her conscious, could barely stand it. The horrors, the Mandalorian killers, the dark side of the Force that permeated so much.

She wrapped her arms around Yasha as she got on the floor, trying to make sure Yasha was not in an uncomfortable position. Beth’s own eyes began to sting with the love she felt. Her eyes, however, briefly passed to Papa with a pleading look – please, don’t say anything.

The last thing Beth could stand was for her mother to find out, find out that she was afraid. She was terrified. And the dreams, Gods they were terrible. But it was something Beth would fix, somehow. Bad dreams didn't last forever. And it was something Yasha would *never* find out about. No matter what, Beth would never let it show.

Her mom had been through too much. Beth didn’t, and couldn’t, control much. But, she could protect her from that. Adara wasn’t scared. Ram wasn’t. The twins wouldn’t be. They were safe, protected, happy.

It was just her – [member=Yasha Cadera] half-daughter, who was afraid. Beth would not let Yasha down, especially considering all that she'd done for her.

"I love you, buir, so much," she would whisper as she began to lose control of her own tears.

“Buir? Why are you crying?” Adara pouted, looking up from the cage of [member="Beth Cadera"] and Yasha’s arms. The girl joined in, hugging her new toys to her chest as she put her arm around her mother’s back.

A wounded young woman sobbed in her daughters’ arms. Given to an overbalance of strength, and the repression of her growing years, Yasha Cadera, born Yasha Mantis finally sobbed.

Girak knelt on the floor, wrapping his arms round the girls, a soft whisper through quiet lips. “Finally.”

Finally.

All Yasha needed was for her babies to come home.

“I don’t know what he did… I don’t know what he did to me. I don’t know… I don’t… I don’t know what… I don’t… I don’t.” Yasha burbled in Epicant, the language as thick on her tongue as frost on Khorm. Girak smacked his lips and pulled Yasha’s shaking body into his lap, taking her cheek to the crook of his neck and rocking her back and forth.

He hummed a lullaby, a hymn of the goddess of love.

“Make it go away, Papa.” Yasha wept, crumbling into a useless and frenetic bundle of tears. She hugged her belly, stroking the distending flesh as if afraid to love or fear it.

Looking at Beth, Girak nodded and breathed out a smile.

“You did great, Beth. I’m proud of you. Oooh oh oh, my girls, my girls. We’re all afraid aren’t we? Of something? Nobody lives without fear, Yash’ika, they only live with the bravery to surpass it. Your mother, bless her, feared you most of all. She was terrified you’d be the ender of worlds. Instead, you’re the creator of them. The salvager of all that grows.

These… harrowed times we’re in, fear is all some people know. But it’s not all we have. I want all of you to remember this one thing, if nothing else I say penetrates your mind, let this be it.

When I was a Deacon of Nereus, serving in the Temple, my time was bereaved with visions and the unravelling of time. I lived inside the Oracular chambers, stretching from the beginning to the end of the galaxy. Many Deacons go insane doing such things, but our blood is blessed of Nereus and I was given to an excess of resilience.

”Most of what I saw was recorded for the Archdeacons, and I remember little, but what I do hold to this day is the one thing, which clings to my soul. My one security.

Love wins. No matter how dark the universe, or how dim our fears, love in all its’ fathoms and mysteries, will always win. In our hearts. In our lives, and in Kaine Zambrano’s. At the end of these harrowed times, the loves we hold firm will survive with us, and all else will falter like chaff. We have here a Temple to love. Nussyn’s bastion in our hearts and the walls around us.

Anything negative is only a temptation of the Dark, which attempts in its’ dying throes, to steal our love and our joy. Love wins. And so shall we. Whatever happened in that dungeon, it does not define you. The love you hold defines you. The events of Sabarene and Commenor do not define us. We already know how this ends. Love. It is our best and strongest bulwark.”

The soft, worried words from Adara crumbled Beth’s heart into a million more pieces. Their mother laid, sobbing, on them. Every tear was a razor, cutting through Beth. She wished she could make things better – bring peace to her mother, to make her the happiest. But, what child doesn’t want that? Just as a parent cares for a child, a child also cares for a parent.

At first, it was a happy cry. But then, it was all the fears, anxiety, and stress that had built inside Yasha that finally broke through a long cracking dam – and it flooded.

One thing Beth would not do was to say to not to cry. It was better for the dam to crack and fall. To let the flood of worries out. All the tension, fear, worry, anxiety – let it go. Beth held onto [member="Yasha Cadera"] as tightly as she could, while also carefully rubbing Adara’s back.

Beth wasn’t fluent in Epicant, but she understood it enough to usually figure out what was going on. Papa lifted her into his lap. Beth tried to give the most encouraging smile, wiping tears off Yasha’s cheek. “It doesn’t matter,” she whispered, “You’re here and that’s all that matters,” she said quietly as she wrapped her arm as best as she could around Yasha. “You’re here, with us,” Beth would mutter out through her own stinging eyes. It didn’t matter what the Dark Lord may or may not have done. Yasha was alive. She was with them.

The rest? They could figure it out. They always did.

Beth rested her head on Girak’s side, one hand reached over and holding Yasha’s. If Adara allowed it, she would still have the small girl cuddled tightly against her.

Beth listened carefully to Papa’s words. Love. That was his message. In the end, when it comes down to it, love is what will win. Not the Sith, not the darkness but love.

They were brave. Each one of them was loved. The Australis-Cadera household had a strength that was much stronger than any Zambrano, any fated Light or Dark.

Beth nuzzled her head against Papa, squeezing Yasha’s hand, cuddling Adara closer to her. “We’re going to be okay,” Beth whispered – not necessarily to Yasha, Papa, or Adara specifically. But, as some form of statement to the Universe. They would be okay. No matter what was thrown at them.

Adara curled into her sister’s arms, refusing in the infantile way of a child to let go. [member="Beth Cadera"] was a safe point in the vault of stars, and although the girl-child didn’t know nor understand the happenings around her…

… Adara looked into her great-grandfather’s eyes, and remembered. She would, centuries after, remember. This was the formative moment the Dark inside Adara Vigdis Australis-Cadera feared most of all. The pieces clicked.

Her Daddy [member="Kaine Australis"]’ love, and fierce guard over her. Her Grandmother [member="Baiko no Kaho"]’s sacrifice. Bethy’s arms winding around her, when the world was too big to understand. And far in the future, Adara would come to know why her mother sobbed. Why the moment led by Beth’s nightmares and her mother’s shivers was a moment of pure light.

Love wins.

It chilled the monster built of a young mother’s fear, and an old soldier’s hellacious desperation. And the child whose blood ran with the Dark Lord’s within it, looked up into her sister’s eyes… with irises blue as the waters of Noasis.

“Of course we are, Bethy. It’s okay, I’ll make all the monsters go away.” The little girl harrumphed, a sensation fluttered in the air. A layer of protection around the house and suites attached, shimmered into existence by a girl who didn’t realize what she had done. Smiling up at her sister’s face, Adara’s dimples framed her cheerful face.

“Just like Daddy did.”

Girak watched the curious child, rocking Yasha back and forth as she hiccupped and nuzzled into her family. Yasha clung to Beth’s arm, still unable to speak. She didn’t have to. Her muscles loosened, the tensions holding her emotions in check ebbing off.

“Pregnancy hormones suuuck!” Yasha finally bawled, bursting into a fresh set of tears.

Beth held on. She held on to [member=Yasha Cadera]. She held on to Papa. She held onto little Adara, her sister. Her little sister, who may have been cursed with the Dark, but was ultimately the brightest light Beth could find.

Everyone had tried to protect Adara, keep her safe and home, but ultimately it was all inside her – like it should have been, to begin with. Beth rubbed the little girls back, ensuring she was just as snuggled into the adults who were crying their eyes out.

Beth looked down to her little sister, her Sweet Pea, and saw… Bright, blue eyes. For a moment, Beth paused as small tears continued to escape. It didn't matter what color eyes Adara had. She gave her little sister a kiss on her forehead and brought her into an even tighter embrace.

Beth didn’t understand it – and kark, maybe she never would. But, she felt the sensation. A careful, powerful protection that radiated the Australis-Cadera estate now. Beth put her hand on Adara’s cheek, with a soft smile. “I know you will, our little protector. You are going to be the brightest light this galaxy will ever know, Sweet Pea.” Beth then nuzzled her head against the girls, small post-crying hiccups escaping.

Beth chuckled in between at Yasha’s exclamation of pregnancy hormones. “They’re worth it,” she sniffled out as she gave a small squeeze.

Papa Girak rocked his granddaughter until Yasha’s breathing regulated and her red rimmed eyes closed. He kissed her temple, easing her cheek against his shoulder and letting the young Mand’alor sleep.

Adara peeked up at her sister, whose snuggles got tighter and squishier, and her lips felt warm on the little girl’s forehead. The child snuggled deep, row of white baby teeth hazarded only by four petite canines, which jutted out as all Epicanthix canines inevitably did.

“Only ‘cause my sister’s hugs are the best in the oooniverse.” Reaching down, Adara pulled up her dolly and using the hem of the doll’s skirt, she pressed it against [member="Beth Cadera"]’s cheeks and dried her sister’s face. “I’m helping!”

Girak chuckled and made sure one of his arms wound as far around Beth and Adara as he could reach. “Yes you are, my little Nussyn. You’re helping, Bethy’s helping, and Mama’s resting. All’s right with the world. Although I’m sure your brother will be creeping in on us at any time. Perhaps even…. behind you!”

Adara inhaled sharply, and swerved around. “OH NO!”

Beth gave a soft smile as she watched [member="Yasha Cadera"] fall into sleep again. Hopefully, this time, she would sleep good with no harsh, horrible, scary dreams. Beth could only hope.

Maybe Adara’s protection, which coated the estate now, would act as a dream catcher. Maybe for at least tonight, the dreams that seem to haunt them would cease.

Adara put her dolly and pressed it again Bethany’s cheek. Beth couldn’t help but smile. “I’m glad you like my hugs! Cause I love giving you all the hugs in the entire universe.” She would say as she playfully squeezed the little girl once more. “And you’re the best helper in the whole galaxy, too.

Beth leaned once more against Papa, her own eyes finally dried. She perked a brow as she saw her little brother, Ram’ika, crouch towards the group of people. She perked a brow as Papa talked.

As Beth watched Adara’s reaction, Beth had to take her own inhale to keep her from bursting out in laughter. “Ahhh!!!” She said quietly Adara swerved, “Protect us, oh no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom