Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You did it again, didn't you? [Vani/Sandrow]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak was also distracted from the work at hand.

Distracted enough to weld a piece on backwards. It was easily fixed, to be sure, but it scared him a little. Was he this shaken by being even this close to Circe - her apprentice?

Apparently.

He didn't want to think much about it, but... he... kinda... liked her too.

Well, he just thought about it. Lovely.

And that had just upset his working attitude. Throwing down his spot welder, he put his head in his hands and ran through some Jedi calming techniques.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Hearing the commotion from Jak, Emily pauses. "You..uh..thinking about the same thing I am?"

Man, this was awkward.

Everything was so...out of place. But nothing seemed wrong on the surface.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Probably," he said, his voice muffled by his hands.

He looked up at her. "Okay... I guess this needs to be out in the open. I left Circe because she backstabbed me. Not just one, nor twice. Three times she just left me. And I came back to her. Every time.
"Then I found she was... ahem... spending her time with the Sith Emperor. And that was the last straw."

He looked down at his hands again, and clenched them. "She made me who I am today. A monstrosity. I've grown to accept it, but... all the same... I'm the only male of a species of 5. That's tough. Especially when the alpha female is Circe."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily grabbed Jak's hands. "Y'know, I've always had mixed feelings with that woman. But, uh, I don't know why I'm so...wrapped up in this." She carefully studied Jak, every contour, his face, his arms, his torso. She took it all in.

"I'm sorry about what happened..." she says apologetically.

"For what it's worth. I don't think you're a monstrosity. In fact. You have been one of the kindest people I ever have known." She says thinking about what happened last night. "But, we need to do something to get out minds off of this."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

She took his hands, and he turned towards two large orbs of blue. It took a moment to realize they were her eyes.

"There's absolutely nothing you could have done," he said. "And... I almost asked for it. ALmost."

He gently let go of her hands. "That's me. The boot of the galaxy."

Nodding, he looked up at her again. "Yeah. Can you slap me?" he asked, deadpan.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"No. No I can't." Emily makes a bold move. She leans down to Jak.

And kisses him.

On the cheek.

"Let's get back to work." she whispers in his ear, straightening back up.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Expecting a hand to the cheek at high velocity, he was even more stunned when it was just a kiss.

As she turned away, he cupped his cheek as if to hold the kiss in place.

He gave a bit of a confused look to no one in particular, then shrugged, half-smiled, and got back to spot-welding.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily's mind wanders onto new topics, new things, new places. But one person.

This isn't right though. They only met yesterday.

That's also considering that normally, when she meets a guy, they have sex within a day. This was almost a snail's pace.

But Emily enjoyed the friendship they had going.

Working quietly and quickly, Emily finished her job with minimal mistakes. "How's it goin'?" she calls over to Jak.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

With Jak, it was completely different. This was hyperspace.

Then again... Compared to Circe - this was snail's pace.

The kiss had snapped him out of his funk, though. He was able to finish with rapidity.

"Just about done," he called. "About 1 meter to go or so."
---
1 meter later
---
He stood up and stretched. And he caught the last glint of sunlight on his face as it disappeared beyond the horizon. "Already?" he thought out loud.

"How you doing, Emily?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Good." She said, though she was feeling more than good in her head.

"Hmm. The sun. Wherever did it get to?"

"Before you answer that. Are you...hungry..?" she gave Jak a hopeful smile.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Starving," he said.

"Gimme a few," he said. "I'll get a good nerf steak rustled up."

Jumping down - from the ladder - he got to work on the steak.

He left the door open.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily, with nothing to do sat and examined her nails, her hands, her face, anything. Just trying to keep occupied.

She got bored.

She walked back into where Jak was cooking, leaned against the wall and watched him.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He cooked for some time, just letting the meat simmer, when he got the unmistakable feeling he was being watched. Glancing around, he caught her staring at him.

"Uhhhh.... can I help you with something?" he asked.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Hmm. No. You're doing plenty enough." she says with a smile.

Just watching him did entertain her. His sturdy figure, moving about, laying steaks down to sizzle, preparing the side dish.

She just watched.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He gave a shrug and turned back to the oven, a nagging suspicion growing in the back of his mind. Was she... checking him out?

In the glances he caught turning to get a spice, or turn a burner down, he saw her indeed checking him out.

Weird...

Well, now that he had time to think, he admitted she was quite the sight herself.

That an - oh kark there goes the first one - nononononokark.

"You like your nerf steak well done?" he asked.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Oh it's fine," she says, smiling at his mistake.

If she were in charge of cooking, all the steaks would be well done. Or raw.

standing straight again, Emily moves into the kitchen to help get the dishes out. When she moves past Jak, her hand gently grazes his.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He shrugged and turned back to the cooking. As they were almost all done, he began to put them onto their respective dishes, taking the burnt steak for himself.

Putting one down for Re, he was about to get the third one when she brushed his arm. With his sudden jump, only the Force and his pilot reflexes kept that steak from ending up Re's as well.

Shooting a glance to her, he saw her oh-so-innocently setting the table. Quirking a brow, he shook his head at himself and put the last steak on a platter.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
When all the dishes and food on the table, and Re munching happily on the food down below, Emily sat herself across from Jak

"Well! That was a successful first day of work!" she said happily, digging into the food.

"Dish iz gud Hak!" the food preventing her from speaking clearly, Emily's failed attempt at a compliment turns into a blush.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak nodded, mute for the time being.

Halfheartedly cutting his steak, he hardly tasted the meat over his tongue.

He was too busy thinking of other things.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily sat eating happily for the first bit. But she slowed down.

"Jak?"

He was off, this much Emily knew. "What's wrong?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom