Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You did it again, didn't you? [Vani/Sandrow]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
@[member="Emily Vani"]

ORD MANTELL
med_gallery_2_63_29110.jpg

Not exactly the swankiest of smuggling holes, but a far cry from the worst.

Backstory:
Ord Mantell is one of many smuggler's hangouts. Originally designated as an ordnance depot (hence the name 'Ord') in 12000 BBY, it is now a favourite of smuggler pilots. The dirt and grime, while not exactly welcomed, is a necessary fact of life, as the planet is fairly dependent on its fossil fuels. Aside from the spaceport band along its equator, and the urban sprawl, most of Ord Mantell is rural.

However, that is not where we find Jak today. We find him tweaking his ship, a classic CR90 freighter in a classic spaceport.

What else do we find?

We find him stopping for a drink at the local watering hole. Duh. That's what everyone does.

Who knows? Maybe he'll meet someone at the bar. Then again, maybe not.

Emily Vani

E
Emily had ended up drifting into the good ol' planet of Ord Mantell. It was a quaint planet with a semi-rich history. Emily was wearing less than what some may call the social norm today. Her hair was up as always and her makeup was done with acute precision.

She was looking for a fun time today. Not necessarily getting in bed with someone, but just wanted to meet someone new.

Walking into a random bar, a couple heads turned her direction. She didn't even notice the attention as she walked up to the bar to order something to drink.

She sat and waited for the drink, waiting for the first victim to approach her.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak walked in, a more natural colour covering his normally green plant skin

He subconsciously took a casual glance, assessing the room.

Two exits.
Three men to the left, two to the right.
A woman at the bar.
Corner booth.
Wait. Hold up.

He looked again. Yes, there was a woman at the bar.

He shrugged. Meh. She could use a warning, though. This wasn't exactly the best of places to be...

And judging by the fact that no one but no one had noticed him coming in, probably made it best to let her know of a possible predicament.

"Um, hey," he said, simply walking up beside her. "Ah, you are aware that there are people behind you that are less decent than to warn you of such people?"

If she understood that, anyway.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Hearing the man's voice, Emily giggled, "Well, lack of decency is a normal thing I've experienced through my life. I can handle myself. Take a seat. What's your name?" She smiles at the man, his skin is odd looking.

She stared.

Still smiling.

She thought the man was cute.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Not in this cafe you haven't," he said, surreptitiously glancing behind him. The other men's stares were going from 'standing-on-tongue' to 'jealous-i-saw-her-first' to 'Okay-let's-teach-this-guy-a-lesson'.

He turned back to his drink, but did a double take when he caught her unabashedly looking at him too.

He grinned. "I'm Jak. Jak Sandrow. What's your name?"

And he was pointedly trying not to think about her.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"I am Emily. Emily Vani. Pleased to meet you." She says, her playful smile growing bigger. "What brings you here sir Jak?"

She loved to mess with the boys. They all got nervous easily.

She sipped her drink.

Still watching closely.

The skin was still interesting. She reached out and softly touched is arm.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nice to meet you too," he answered. "Eh, just a few ship repairs, and I needed a drink. That's why I'm here, anyway," he said gesturing to the pub.

He wasn't nervous, so much as a little wary of the other four behind him. Four? Where was the fifth....?

Not good... not good at all...

Something brushed his arm, and he recoiled quickly. Seeing it was her, he quirked a brow.

"Ah, heh. Um... Hello."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Prolonged giggling prevented Emily from talking. "You feel funny sir," she finally said, only to erupt in laughing again. "Say, let's take a walk. I noticed that our presence doesn't seem to be welcome." Quickly, she throws up the bottom of her cup.

Downs it all.

Burps.

"Let's go!" She says excitedly.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, no kidding," he said, giving a shrug, and a Well-I'm-sorry glance to the other men, who seemed to be calming down now that their intended target was out of range.

He finished his glass, and paid the 'tender.

For both of them.

Snagging her arm, he quickly got the pair of them out of there.

"So. What now?" he asked.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"What now? Well, I left my cat with an acquaintance over in the spaceport. I would like to go get him. If you're okay with that." She leaned into Jak's grasp on her arm, getting closer.

"Lead the way, Captain Jak!"

On they went.

To get the cat. Emily hoped that a large - no - very large Nexu cat wouldn't scare Jak.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Outside he was all like
like_a_sir.jpg

Inside he was all like
Butterflies-in-your-stomach.jpg

"Alrighty then. I left my ship at the spaceport."

He took his hand off her arm, but instead positioned it so she could link her arm with him. If that was what she'd do.

He didn't know. He never knew.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
They walked, "So Jak, who do you normally associate with? What are your normal friends?"

Her face took on a mock serious face, trying to act as if it were an important thing.

It wasn't.

Emily kept her cool though, this was almost a normal thing for her.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"I got one good friend, and one bad friend," he replied simply.

"My best friend is a Jedi Master." He shrugged, a little sore to admit the next point. "My worst friend is my divorcee."

He really didn't want to talk about it...

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Awe, I'm sorry hun," her face gives a genuine frown. "Good news for you though. You've got me here to keep you company! I don't know if I'm good or bad. I learn things from a bad woman, but I don't like to do bad things."

"I like fun things!"

"And computers. Do you like computers?" At that moment though, a fat Twi'lek walked up to them. "OH! Yes, I'm here for Re!" She smiled.

The huge, white Nexu cat walked up to them with another handler. "Jake, Re. Re, Jak."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"It's okay. I'm... more or less over her. Maybe."

He kicked an imaginary stone as they walked.

"Yeah, I like computers. I like a good ship more, though," he said. "Though computers aren't bad."

He stiffened when he saw the nexu.

"Hi Re," he said, through his clenched teeth. "Is he tame?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Brushing up against Jak, she whispered in his ear, "As far as you know."

"Take me to your ship!" she was curious as to what this man flew.

Time to find out. She wouldn't be going to the lion's den. Her lion would make a new den.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He gave a half grin at her. "Ah heh."

"Arright, it's this way," he said, leading her to his docking bay.

"Just around here, and... there," he said, "that's the Lucky Mitch. Best I could come up with on short notice."

He stood, just taking in the ship's beauty.

"I managed to configure all the controls onto a single joystick. Turns out all the controls but the naviscreens can fit on it. Kinda."

He shrugged. "Still haven't been able to program a good enough AI for the gun turrets."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Code and wiring configurations instantly started running through her head. "Come on, Re!" She said running towards the ship. She got to the ramp and ran up to it.

"Let's go you slowpoke!" She yelled back to Jak.

Re purred with excitement. He knew it was another new ship to "break in."

"Re wants to see inside," she added, nodding vigorously.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He followed her, unlocking the port and letting them in.

"I'm sure 'Re' would love to see inside," he said, waving her and her kitteh in ahead of him.

"Okay. You ever been in one of these ships before?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Can't say this particular one, no. But I've been in many." She says, "A lot indeed..." her voices trails off with an uncomfortable tone.

She walks up the ramp. Re had already bounded ahead of her and could be heard running through the place.

"He won't break anything. Show me around!"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom