Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You did it again, didn't you? [Vani/Sandrow]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak too had finished fairly quickly.

"If you're not used to it... you've been hanging out in the wrong places too long," he joked.

He checked to see if Re had started on his yet.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Re had been sitting patiently. Long before they had finished their food.

"He seems content," she said with a thankful smile toward Jak.

"As for the people I hang out with. Well. I usually don't know them. I, uh...give them...services...to get places."

Quickly, she got up and cleared away the dirt dishes to the sink.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He froze momentarily.

"Mmm. Ahumm..." he said, pursing his lips. "I see."

He got up, and gently pushed her to the side. "No, no, I can get those."

Giving Re another steak to nibble, he began to clean up. "So, today, I need to get some parts from town. Think you could join me?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
She let Jak take over the dishes with no arguments.

Bouncing back from the sour note, Emily's characteristic smile returned. "Oh, but of course!"

"What all are looking to get?" she asked while petting a purring Re.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Ahh, there's some computer slash communications gear I need to get," he said, finishing up. "Then it's deep into town for welding fuel and the like. From there? Just getting it on."

He put the last dish away. "So. Getcher boots on, and I'll meet you outside."

Disappearing around a corner, he got into his workclothes (just a casual pilot's outfit), and headed out.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Slipping on her boots, Emily got Re situated, deciding to leave him in the ship.

She went to the ramp and waited for Jak. She made sure she had everything. Which wasn't much:
Her favorite mask, propped up on her head.
Her lightsaber.
Her pack.

"Alrighty! I'm ready!"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Lightsaber...

Was the first thing he noticed.

So either she's a Force User or she's got a hell of a fusion cutter.

"Alright, this way."
---

"Yes, I'm Jak Sandrow. I'd like to talk to Keye P'Ele, please."
[ONE MOMENT] the droid said, toodling off.

"Yeah, yeah, one moment, I'm coming," could be heard from around a corner.

A somewhat diminutive elderly man came around the corner. "Well bathe me in butter and call me a donut, it's Jak Sandr - wait. You.... you're not Jak."

"Well," Jak hesitated. "Not the Jak you would remember. I've, ah, changed since then."

"No kidding," said the obviously Keye P'Ele. "What's with the green colour scheme, eh?" His squinting eyes seemed to notice Emily for the first time. "And who's this lovely lady you've got with you? Ma'am," he said, tipping his cap in Emily's direction.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"G'afternoon, sir!" she replies happily.

"Jak? What have you changed from?" she asks curiously.

Emily stares between the two men, wondering of their pasts.

Especially Jak's.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Looking between the two, he chewed his lip for a moment. "Well, never a good time like the present."

"To put it plainly - I'm a plant. Was a human, now I'm a plant. Courtesy of Circe Savan," he said plainly.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Circe...now wasn't the time to bring that up.

"Oh. Well that's hot." she sticks her tongue out at Jak, jokingly.

"Now, Jak, what're we here for again?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"No, it's not," he said, grinning.

"So. Keye. I had ordered the stuff. You still got it?" Jak asked.

"What do you take me fer?" Keye responded. "Some kinda cheat? Nope, it's in the back."
---
In the back
---
"This here is an old Imperial transponder," Keye said, running a hand over a fairly large boxy container.
"Yeah, but that's not what I wanted. That thing's, like, half as fast," Jak complained.
"Ah, but what you don't know and can't see, is that it's actually a shell for two of the latest. Those are made for coordinating with whole fleets. Each."
Jak let out a low whistle. "Wow. Thanks."
"Thanks, nothing. This isn't a gift," Keye retorted.
"Fine, fine," Jak said, "here ya go." He slipped Keye a credit voucher. "Don't ask me where I got it. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."
"Fair enough. Now this -" Keye pushed a container across the floor. "This is the gift."

In thick padding was a black box about 1' x 1' x 2'. "That's a microprocessor. The latest. That thing is fast."

Jak nodded appreciatively. "Wow. Thanks."
"You're welcome."
Keye turned to Emily. "What about you, then, lass? Any tech here you want to take home?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily smiled and laughed at the appropriate times. She was good around people.

She watched Jak receive his items and get the gift.

It was all very exciting - she loved the technology getting handed about. It was one of the things that she really enjoyed in this galaxy.

Then Keye looked at her and asked her if she wanted anything. "Well..." 10 minutes went by and Emily had purchased a new datapad, a couple odd crystals that were laying around that she was going to try and stuff in her lightsaber, and a brand new slicer chip.

"Thanks again!" she smiled at the shop keeper.

"Ready to go Jak?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak had hefted the stuff onto a cargo skiff, along with a few other odds, ends, and ship plating.

"Yeah, ready to go," he said, sliding over on the seat to make room for her.
---
"Right, so I need to get these inside. If you could get the plates up top by the guns, that'd be helpful," he said, pointing to the lift she'd need to use to get the plating up there.

Lugging the computer equipment into the approximate destination it would need to be, he attached the parts to a frame, then pushed the frame carefully into the wall. Plugging in the necessary cords, he tested it for a second, to see if it worked. Well... it turned on at least.

Heading out, he went to check on Emily.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily made short work of getting things to where they needed to be. Loading the parts on the lift she got to the top and started using the Force to help get things laid out nicely.

"Heya! Almost done!" She yells down to Jak.

After getting everything set down she jumps down, neglecting the lift. She slows the fall so as not to hurt herself.

Standing up and brushing herself off, she smiles at Jak, "What next hun?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Emily Vani

E
"Hmm? Oh, yeah. I guess I forgot to mention that." she doesn't usually think much about it.

"I was trained by a lady named Circe Savan. Didn't you mention something about her?"

It's a small world.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah... she sorta started training me. That, and she was my wife."

Was.

"Heh. Small world."

Taking a seat, he sighed. "Like I said, she was the one who turned me into a plant. Then she started my Force training. From there... yeah, it's history."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Oh, well. That's uh...awkward."

"Okay…what’s next. For the ship?” she asks with slight discomfort, ready for distraction.

The only odd part is. Why does she feel uncomfortable?

@[member=Jak Sandrow]

Jak Sandrow

"Mmhmm... ANYway..."

He bounced back to his feet, also ready to get back to work again.

"So, uh, yep. Um, the plating needs to cover the burn marks; make this ship look fresh out of the factory."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily set to work, with welders and various bits and pieces, she did her best to make the ship look good.

But the ex-wife thing nagged her. It shouldn't. But it did.

Not to mention she's her master. Things could get ugly. She liked Jak.

And Emily wasn't sure about the status between the two as of now.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom