Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You did it again, didn't you? [Vani/Sandrow]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"Hope not," he said.

"Okay, this is the cockpit," he said, showing her his single-pilot modifications. "I've rewired most of it to two joysticks and a throttle. Everything else I want to be voice-activated, but that's something for the future."
--
"This is the lounge - "
--
" - my bedroom," he said, thumbing towards the door.
--
" - the engine room - "
--
" - and what I'm currently working on, the computer room," he said, making a final stop where work was oh so desperately needed.
That and a new paint scheme.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"This is nice!" she claps with a grin on her face.

"Now."

"Where am I sleeping." Emily's face is devoid of any emotion. Not hinting as to what she meant by this.

"Well?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Thanks!" he said, scratching his neck.

His face went blank at her next question, then turned a very pale green. His version of... a blush.

"Ah... well... since you have invited yourself... you could sleep in my bedroom. I mean, I'd clear out a space for you. Well, see, I'd be out here, and probably take a couch. So, yeah, you'd have your room and all..."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily erupted in snorts and giggles. "Silly boy," she says when she catches her breath, "Don't worry about it. I have connections around here. How long you gonna' be in for? I like you. You'd be a good friend."

Re came up just then, brushing his head against Emily's leg.

Then Jak's. He purred. Perhaps the cat thought it was funny.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Idiot, idiot, idiot. What the hell made you think she'd stay on your ship???

"Ah. Yes. Ahum. Well. Ahh..." He thought it over. "Anywheres between a week and a month. This is the perfect place to get the jobs done. So long as I can get them done."

And he carefully reserved his feelings about being friends with her.
For now, at least.
He absent-mindedly petted the nexu.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Well, what is the job, eh Captain Jak?" she smiled at him.

Re was getting attention, something he enjoyed very much. Perhaps the Nexu would decide exactly how the relationship between the two would go.

It seemed that so far he was passing.

For now, at least.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Well, it's several jobs, actually," he explained. "First, I need to rename this ship. Then I need to rewire the computers to display necessary data only. After that - it's major overhaul time with the gun deck. I need to turn it into a communications/hacking rig. Then there's outside work; mount a new antenna, do a paint job, clean it up a bit, panel everything over.... shouldn't be too difficult, all things considered."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Well, You are very fortunate to have met me! There's more than meets the eye with me," she says, winking. "I can help you with coding the necessaries. I can code almost anything, including what you've mentioned. It's a hobby of mine."

Indeed it was.

But it was also her gateway to connect with Jak, since he seemed outwardly uncomfortable with her earlier question.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Well that's good," he said. "I don't think I've ever met a programming girl before, no offence. I met a lady mechanic, but that was years ago. Like - a lot of years ago."

He dismissed the subject.

"Okay, then," he said. "Ummmm... what now?" He quickly checked his chrono. It was getting on for evening.

Hmmmm...
Invite her to dinner or not....

Ah what the heck.

"I would be honored to take you out for dinner," he said, giving her a grandiose bow.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily felt proud of being a "programming girl," by Jak's diction. But then came the tough decision.

Sorta.

Accept the invite or not...

"Sure! But we need to find food for Re before we go. He eats almost anything. He's used to a space diet."

"Also, I hope we're going somewhere nicer than where we met." The young woman's tone became playful.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Oh, yeah, that's no problem."

He checked his pantry really quickly. "Does he like nerf steak?"

"Yeah, yeah. Heh. Yeahp. Much nicer," he said, nodding vigorously.
--

"Here we are," he said. "The 'Sizzling Stingray'. You ain't the only one with connections around here."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Jak had taken her arm at some point between here and there. She cooed when she saw the restaurant, "Oh, you decedent boy!"

Food like this was are for Emily. As they sat at the table, Emily ordered some heavy alcohol.

"What're you gonna want Captain Jak?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Never to be outdone by a woman, Jak too ordered heavy.

"I think I'll just stick with the broiled nerfhide steak. What about you?"

If it were to be a drinking competition, Jak would almost undoubtedly win. Being a plant meant he was not affected by alcomohol. At all. It was sugar that got him 'drunk'.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"You order for me," she smiled, "I'm not picky."

Emily upended her glass and finished it off quickly.

Wiping her mouth she gasped. "WOW! That is a quality beverage!"

She ordered another.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Then make it two nerfhide steaks," he said to the waiter.

He smirked, then polished off his glass just as fast. "I agree. Another for me, too, please."

He downed the second one with similar speed. "Hah," he said, turning his glass over.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily took her third still going strong. "HA!" She yelled, a little too loud.

People looked. She smiled at them. They turned away.

"Ready for round four, cappin' Jak?" Captain was the first word she'd slurred. It wouldn't be the last.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Emily Vani

E
By the time Emily got to six, she was feeling it. "Well, cappin' Jak. Ya dun me out!" Laughing took over.

Eight. She was done. "I fink...ish time to go bahk to jerr ship."

No way in hell Emily would be able to talk to one of her connections at this point.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He had stopped at nine. No point in overdoing it.

"That would be a good idea," he said, paying the bill for them both.

"Come on," he said, helping her to her feet. "Think you can walk?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Well, yesh I can!" she says. But when she tries to walk, she almost falls. And she ends up falling backwards

Into Jak.

"Well, hai thar!" she looks up at him, smiling in a haze.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom