Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Year 2 complete - How am I doing?

Two years have passed since the creation of this character. She's gone through a lot, reached places I didn't expect or even originally want her to reach but that's the beauty of organic writing - we never know where we'll end up!

I'd like to see what the general community thinks of my progress both as a writer and Samka as a character. I think I've grown my abilities a ton since I first settled on this board and I would love to develop them further. So whether we've written together or you've passed over my posts elsewhere, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone! Here's to another two years!

Progflaw99

Ah, an interesting story indeed.

Two years ago is roughly the first time I ever wrote with you, though with is probably a stretch. The Avalonian games. Just a shell compared to the character you've built now, I wasn't entirely sure who Samka Derith was supposed to be. A Knight of Ren? A Dark Sider who happened to be loyal to the First Order?

Over the past two years, I have written with Samka and around Samka and I am very impressed with the character you have created! Whether it's the subtle things or the more brazen developments surrounding your character, it never disappoints in the realm of entertainment. I'm looking forward to continuing our stories and developing interesting plots! Bravo!

[member="Samka Derith"]

[member="Samka Derith"]

I would say if we're looking at change and growth from here to now, I think my favorite thing is how the 'creepy little girl' trope truly became something more for you over time. Don't get me wrong - little girls are creepy, you only have to watch five minutes of The Shining to know that. But what was a base idea has gotten so much more complex.

Looking at Samka now, I love how you've managed to create a character that retains that dainty, innocent look that so much of her original character banked on, but woven with the conflict and mystery and maturity of a young woman under extraordinary circumstances. Looking at her change over time, you can see you were having fun and letting her grow, holding on to those things you loved but creating something that flourished of its own accord too!

Because I hate feedback threads that are just I LOVE THIS CHARACTER YOU'RE THE BEST (even though if we wrote some time that'd truly be baller), what I'd love to see going forward is how her truly entering adulthood changes her. She's obviously an adult, but she has huge responsibilites. How will time affect her? Will she seek out the ability to look childlike and young above all else, allowing the Force to corrupt her in weird ways? Or will she grow to find other ways to maintain that excellent first impression?

skin, bone, and arrogance
Without exception one of the best writers on the board, and a truly pleasurable person to have around from an OCC perspective as well. Samka has been one of my favorite characters to read. Please stay with us forever <3

[member="Samka Derith"]

[member="Samka Derith"]

Your posts are always a pleasure to read, and your prose as always is excellent. Especially when you move to different characters, such as your Trandoshian bounty hunter. On an OOC level, I honestly rank you as one of my best mates on Chaos, and your memes are of constant amusement.

[member="Samka Derith"]

I've barely interacted with you IC, but OOC I've found you a very pleasant person to deal with. You've taken the role of RPJ well, and you've been as fair as anyone with your judgements so far.
From what I've heard you're also quite fair in RPs too, and I've not seen any reports on your conduct, so another big tick there.

Overall, keep it up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom