Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Would anyone be interested in streaming their RP's?

I've recently taken to streaming as a passive exploration of creativity when I'm not at work. I stream digital art, video games, and a podcast. I don't have any specific goals other than to enjoy the arts and other people who want to explore them.

The other day I was talking to an old RP friend and wondering if it wouldn't be fun to stream the story writing we do on sites like this. People already stream DnD and other kinds of writing, so I figured there must be an audience out there some where.

It's been a couple years since I last wrote in RP, and I miss those old days of sitting at the computer for hours on end, waiting for my turn to post again (especially when there's a big battle going on! XD). This is a lot easier for me these days because I work nights now.

The format I'm imaging would be to read (with fun characterization of course) the posts ahead of mine, before writing my own in response and discussing my writing process along the way.
Of course, I don't want to expose anyone's writing online without their permission, hence why I'm here. It would be fun to share the stories I have written and seen written in this community, and interact with people new to the medium through streaming.

Anyone who's interested is more than welcome to post and let me know, or even join in on the stream! If people would rather not have their work exposed in that way, I'll likely just stream my own posting process and a summary of what I'm responding to.

Cheers and beers,

Alena/Ander/Aaron

PERSENUS

Qoritottoi..... Ashaottoi....
Perhaps something with my current character, Persenus, though the story itself has fit in with the narratives that he currently has going on. My character currently is at a pretty turbulent point in his story and I'm not quite sure where he will go, but I am constantly making new post prior to that point so we can always create something as a prequel to that.

Alena Reckar Alena Reckar

Are we talking about Live/Chat RP?

Like Turn-Based?!

Like Yahoo Chat was!?

I loved it. Para RP is what we used to call it. We'd sit in something like Discord and RP as our character. Scene would be set to either like Open, A Specific Planet or even narrowed down to a specific cantina/cafe.

We should definitely have something like this or do this.

Are we talking about Live/Chat RP?

What I'm imaging at first is me just live streaming my end of things and mainly wanted to find writing partners that would be okay with having their writing read out loud and shown on the stream, analyzed, their profiles viewed, etc.
We write a thread together, and my stream consists of reading all the replies ahead of mine, then working through the process of writing my response so I can explain why I make certain decisions, what sort of tone I'm going for, etc. I compose and post, then talk about the story over all, the site, the characters I've encountered, etc.

I like the idea of working people in here and there to the stream as guests. I already do that with the podcast I run, we have regular people as guests and learn about them. I could do the same as writers, especially on a night I'm committing to several posts but will be waiting on responses in real time.

Does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom