Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, everyone!

Question first! It is to my understanding that neutral factions are allowed, allowing both lightside and darksiders as such? Yes, no? Why do we ask? Because in its canon EU essence, Witches of Dathomir have always been a galaxy in small, primarily happening on one planet, where darkness and light meet, fight, etc.

Second thing is that Ti'Cira and I have been talking and we'd like to see who would be interested in a Witches of Dathomir faction. Note please that what we're looking for is going as close to canon as possible (with the new timeline of course giving a plenty of options to grow as a group and develop from it, including the issue of the plague which we currently suspect hurt Dathomir as well a great deal).

If you're not too familiar with the Witches of Dathomir, you can find out the basis what we're going for here.

And as I type this, Ti'Cira is adding to the idea of how to work with the plague. Such as the fact that it too suffered greatly through it, Many of the two opposed sides perishing, leaving only smaller groups, remnants of the clans that once were surviving, re-building. Of course, having been naturally secluded for generations, much of this is unknown to the galaxy as a whole. Some Witches have gone out, build their lives as Jedi, Sith and what not but few truly know just how many Witches and Nightsisters have been left behind.

Aye. I've always imagined the witches similar to a Native American culture ; with the primitive shamanistic world view that worships The Fanged God and the Winged Goddess ( explained further in Star Wars rp books I've collected for the table top version )

As long as we stick as close to canon, I'm good -- because I believe much of that has been lost now a days.

We can work with the plague that the bulk of the clans have died off due to the plague; and now dathomir has been shrouded in mystery. Witches perhaps considered a myth or spacer legend.

Ultimately we can go back to a Courtship of Leia environment where they have been cut off and sequestered throughout the 400 year darkness.

This may be interesting to get involved with!~ Val'Ryss Zankarr is a Dathomirian Cultist who was taken from Dathomir by the Sith Empire. I'm sure she could get invovled once you get your faction up and running.

Darron Wraith said:
As long as "she who won't be named" doesn't pop up I love the idea of the witches. I look forward to rping with you lovely(crazy) ladies.
*giggle-snort*

Yeah, sorry, that...person, and her motely menagerie of witless sycophants has forever sullied any ideas of Witches of Dathomir for me. (the Clone Wars didn't help either - turning them all into a bunch of tight-red wearing skinnyman pale weirdo windowlickers practicing The-Force-but-Not-The-Force - wtf)

So lets start a list. Who is interested? Would you want to play a Nightsister or Allyan (lightside) witch? Clan?

... Or do you want to be a male breeder slave? :p

All kidding aside, the option for force using and non force using males is ok -- scissorfist and blue coral clans were predominantly freed or escaped male slaves who made thier own clan -- I know Tici and Satara are Singing Mountain, with Satara being clan mother.

The options in a post plague 400 year darkness are endless -- as long as we remember this is not mysticism like sorcery or traditional magic. It is a primitive yet primal use of the Force. ( they were called Allyans because Allya was an exiled Jedi ). They would be back watered savages :3 ... Sequestered for centuries.

I also figure that due to the plague, it leaves a good environment for new clans to have developed.

Thoughts?

Onith Trill

O
The Witches may conspire, but it is the Nightsisters who shall one day rule the heavens.

Great! Glad to know so many are interested! *licks Skye* A list is just what we need.

Sandis Veeran said:
I may actually make a new character to do a Witches of Dathomir faction. That sounds cool.
Great! If you want to work with ideas on what to do with the character, PM me! :)

Val'Ryss Zankarr said:
This may be interesting to get involved with!~ Val'Ryss Zankarr is a Dathomirian Cultist who was taken from Dathomir by the Sith Empire. I'm sure she could get invovled once you get your faction up and running.
Welcome! :) Like Skye said, we'd need to know which alignment you'd be going for :)

Darron Wraith said:
As long as "she who won't be named" doesn't pop up I love the idea of the witches. I look forward to rping with you lovely(crazy) ladies.
Fear not :p

Tegaea Alcori said:
But I want French speaking witches! -_-
Italian is way sexier and you know it. :D

Megadon said:
*giggle-snort*

Yeah, sorry, that...person, and her motely menagerie of witless sycophants has forever sullied any ideas of Witches of Dathomir for me. (the Clone Wars didn't help either - turning them all into a bunch of tight-red wearing skinnyman pale weirdo windowlickers practicing The-Force-but-Not-The-Force - wtf)
Yeah. See, I was lucky enough to learn of WoD a few years back from someone who took from canon and developed a wonderful idea to establish it in a post legacy era. Much of my first knowledge came from there which I found to be a blessing. Also, never gave into Clone Wars. Heard enough, I'd rather stick to my knowledge and learn from canon EU and the stories!

Taleen said:
The Witches may conspire, but it is the Nightsisters who shall one day rule the heavens.
Ain't you a sweet one! :p We need more Nightsisters like you! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom