Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will to Power (Sith)

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

It was over. The battle was won with the Emperors fall, for his manipulator now had no use of him. Darth Vazela, the man who had stood beside him, now realized that the weakness that Tyrin Ardik displayed was now made apparent by the usurper before him. This was what Mikhail Shorn and the Sith Lord that was sat before him had in common. They knew how weak Tyrin actually was. A brilliant strategist although he was, if such men were capable of defeating the dark side, then there would be no Sith Empire to speak of. The Republic and the Jedi would have won long ago.

Darth Vazela rose to his feet slowly, the specks of blood, rubble and dusty remnants of the obsidian throne floating around him, within the field of Force energy that he had accumulated since entering the the room. He had underestimated Mikhail Shorn. The artifact that he wielded, the Soulsaber, was capable of many things. The power behind the Phrik pellets thrown towards him was so, that it would take all of the accumulated Vazela had to barrier himself, say they destroyed him completely. A true Sith realizes defeat and knows when to retreat.

The pieces of rubble, dust and blood dropped around him, as he solidified the energy surrounding him into a Force Barrier. Powerful than what it normally would've been, the Force Barrier that was erected stood strong against the Phrik. When they impacted, they stood pressed up against the field, as the power of Mikhail's abilities and his own clashed. As his barrier threatened to give way, with the sound of cracking emitting from his position, the balls of Phrik fell and so did the barrier, seconds later.

Sweat came out of his glands profusely, from the amount of concentration he had utilized to build the energy in the first place. He was now exhausted, from the amount of concentration he had needed to time his reaction to Mikhail's shots. But he stood up right, his yellow, predatory eyes locked on his. He removed his Lightsaber from his belt and ignited the crimson beam outwards. When it looked like he was about to move in to strike Mikhail, he instead spun the cylinder object around and pressed the beam up against the wound on his arm. The heat of the Lightsaber cauterized the severed artery, stopping the bleeding. A quick fix for a long time problem. He would address that problem later.

He turned the Lightsaber off and lowered his left arm. He averted his gaze from Mikhail to the all those in the room and found himself looking at the fallen body of a man who once called himself the Dark Lord of the Sith. He was done with Tyrin. It was time for a fresh approach.

"It appears our valiant defense of our Emperor has failed, Mikhail Shorn." Turning his gaze back to the man, as the pellets rolled around him. "You've won. Congratulations. Our defense is over."

Olom was apalled as his lightsaber slashed across Tyrin's chest. Well, sweet Saints of Columus bent over a repulsorlift. Here he was, going to push his station forward, and he had picked the wrong pony. A waste. He should've stayed in the lab today, ignoring all this theatrical idiocy. Instead, he had managed to make things worse, his steps calculated in advance. Either this new aspiring emperor was a genius, or he was so in tune with the force it was protecting him. Either way, he'd been out-maneuvered. He'd been....fooled. Even the sound of that word infuriated him.

He deactivated his lightsaber and let it float back to his body. "I suppose this was the conclusion, then. Lord Kaine, I shall report to you upon my return to Thule, unless you've matters to discuss presently," he said softly. He slowly walked over to his repulsorlift, sighing.

Kaine sneered, "Stand down child, and you may yet live til tomorrow." He aimed his crimson saber at the apprentice, who had managed to dodge the blast of his gauntlet despite it's lethal intensity and speed. No matter, no doubt that display of overwhelming power crushed any further hopes of rebellion from the child. Kaine's perception quickly analyzed the room around him, most of it in disarray from the fighting and the throne completely eradicated. A shame, the throne was a very nice piece of craftsmanship and he hated to see it destroyed in such a manner. No matter, perhaps an even better one will be erected in its place. His eyes fell again on the girl before him, a wretched thing really. A lone whelp attempted to attack a fully-powered and hardly fatigued Sith Lord, how absurd it was!

He would come up with a whole new set of tortures and agonies for her to endure, and Balaya will share her punishment. Such insubordination much be held accountable by master and apprentice.

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"]

Lord Ghoul

L
A twisted smile turned up the corner of Mikhail's mouth as he watched the loyalists cease their fighting, one by one. His pale eyes, cold as ice, shifted between each one.

"Stop," his voice cut through the air. "The throne is broken. The Emperor is defeated."

Mikhail straightened his back, standing tall despite his injuries. The violet saber in his hand still hummed eagerly, urging for blood, but he could control it now. He could shut out its venomous whispers.

"Now you're all wondering what I'll do next. I am too... should I kill some of you, make an example? But no... I've got better ideas. I'll let you all live, but first... a few things."

@[member="Kaine Zambrano"], @[member="Vilox Pazela"], @[member="Krag"], @[member="Marcus Faust"], @[member="Olom Grihk"], @[member="Garoth Do'Urden"]

"All of you," Mikhail pointed his lightsaber at each loyalist in turn. "Put your lightsabers down before me. Kaine, old buddy, take the gauntlet off."

Out of the corner of his eye, Dranok caught the sight of the Emperor dropping to the ground like a sack of potatoes. The man could feel darkness growing from within the victor, @[member="Mikhail Shorn"], as he finished himself with a now Ex-Emperor. The pair of Sith Lords locked eyes for a moment, each one understanding what the other meant. "Understood." His own saber deactivated and returned to the pocket upon his utility belt. A new face had also made her arrival, trying to assist Dranok in their duel.

The following moments were actually quite funny. An obvious beginner-level Force user facing an opponent of the opposite caliber. The Lord Admiral merely shrugged his shoulders and tromped off to Mikhail Shorn, channeling his own energy back into the man to help him recover from his injuries. Whereas Dranok had none, Mikhail was the exact opposite. But granted, Dranok and @[member="Kaine Zambrano"] were almost perfectly matched in every aspect. He was a worthy opponent, one that he hoped to face off for a third time.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra breathed in and shut down her saber before pulling her second saber to her hand again, there was no way she could fight him alone, it was suicide. "Lord Kaine, i surrender and await punishment for defying you and the Sith Empire. Though i had done so with the blessing of Lady Balaya who had made no attempt at stopping me from doing so." She clipped her sabers to her side and kneeled, waiting for the Sith Lord's words. There was no doubt in her mind she was going to receive torture for both supporting the members of the coup and for attacking Kaine, but this was something she knew would happen. She would have to suffer and get it over with. @[member="Kaine Zambrano"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Garoth sighed. Another Emperor had fallen and would just be replaced with another warmonger. The cycle would continue. He wondered when this game would finally end. When would an Emperor rise and rule with a firm but just hand? Knowing the Sith that would never happen. Stepping back from his former opponent Garoth faced Lord Shorn and bowed lightly.

"Of course, Lord Shorn."

Then he sheated his Sith sword and assumed a relaxed but guarded stance. Courtesy only went so far. You never know what might happen next.

Darth Vazela's face was creased in various emotions. He felt rage, hatred, pain, humiliation. But he had to be patient. Oh, he had to be patient. His patience would pay off.

Eventually.

He threw his Lightsaber down in front of Mikhail Shorn, maintaining his yellow eyes on the man and deciding that, one day, he would kill Mikhail Shorn.

One day.

Olom set his saber down on the ground, and sat down on the repulsorlift, hoping Mikhail would hurry up with whatever he was getting at. He opened a small panel on the lift, recalibrating the engine. He was still fully listening, but he needed to do something before he snapped completely. There was so much in the universe to be done, and he doubted he'd accomplish any of it watching the new emperor gloat over the fallen one. He'd been with the Sith for less than a few months, and already he'd grown to despise half of them. And now, an emperor worth loathing had taken the throne. Lovely. Ah, well. Emperors seemed to be like the weather on this planet--you simply bundled up and endured until it changed.

Faust, carried by his saber guard, tossed down his saber. His leg hand been stabilized, and now his men helped the Sith Assassin stand tall. "Enjoy the throne, I'm sure insurance covers coups considering how often we have them." He joked weakly as he looked upon the others. It was over, Tyrin Ardik was dead, and that meant war was on the horizon, oh this would just be to fun for the Knight. Sure, right now he felt like a pile of bantha poodoo, but he'd learned one thing from training with Shinju, wounds heal. And like all his others, he would find a way to heal this wound too.

@[member="Olom Grihk"]
@[member="Vilox Pazela"]
@[member="Garoth Do'Urden"]
@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]
@[member="Dranok Lussk"]
@[member="Kaine Zambrano"]

Kaine turned away from Alexandra and stood with the others before Mikhail Shorn, lightly placing his lightsaber before Shorn gently with the force. He then slowly pulled off the gauntlet upon his right hand and did the same for it, letting it rest upon the hilt of his lightsaber. He could suffer this slight to his honor and pride, for today Mikhail may get his way, but it would not be that way forever. One day Kaine's plan would come to pass, and none could deny him his right to rule.

No one.

Soft steps made their way up to Kiara, a shadowy figure if looked at could be seen picking her up. After picking her up it would appear to disappear with her into the shadows, but surely that couldn't happen so something else had to happen. Perhaps she now scaled the walls navigating the rafters for a quicker and yet quiet way of leaving, she did not come to bare witness to the coup merely to rescue the one who still held knowledge she needed.

Matreya

Through the force a great tremble was felt, atremendous battle was taking place. Why was Zaiden going...this was the question. He knew what was happening. But no, he continued on, landing his ship and casting a Force Cloak about himself with the absolute of his power. Focusing on minimizing his force signature as well, through Force Stealth, Zaiden began to feel the strain of concentration already. To move so unnoticed would take beyond the utmost care and finesse.

But he believed it for a good cause. As he entered a massive room filled full of a group of Sith among others, with Mikhail facing him, Zaiden slowed even further. He wouldn't be spotted, he prayed. But none the less he moved closer to find why the others lay their sabers and weaponry...

Lord Ghoul

L
@[member="Kaine Zambrano"] @[member="Marcus Faust"] @[member="Olom Grihk"] @[member="Vilox Pazela"] @[member="Garoth Do'Urden"] @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

Seeing the majority had complied, Mikhail deemed it enough.

"Now kneel before me," Shorn's pale eyes watched them with dark satisfaction. He then turned to everyone gathered. "Kneel! All of you!"

The Soulsaber deactivated with a whoosh and the sense of foreboding doom dissipated. The Emperor's lightsaber unclipped itself from his belt and floated in the air.

"I could stretch out my hand and seize the title of Emperor. None of you can stop me. None of you can control me. I have bent this Empire to my will. I am Mikhail Shorn and the galaxy will tremble at my name. But I don't want to sit on a broken throne."

Shorn's eyes snapped onto @[member="Dranok Lussk"]'s form.

"Catch."

He tossed the Emperor's lightsaber casually at the Admiral.

"Now nobody say Mikhail Shorn didn't reward his followers. I give you your new Emperor: Dranok Lussk." Mikhail's face twisted into a cruel sneer as he gazed at all those defeated Sith present, then he turned to face Dranok directly. Reaching out, his mind touched Lussk's. It was a single, cold voice which spoke inside the Admiral's head, but a thousand dark whispers came from the background. "Dranok, you are the apprentice of my apprentice and have proved useful. I don't care what you do with this Empire, save one provision. You will erect temples and start cults dedicated to Mikhail Shorn, the Thronebreaker, Lord of Chaos. Do that and I will leave you to rule in peace. Don't.... and I'll leave you in pieces."

Shorn turned toward the exit, apparently making to leave, but he paused and his pale eyes fixed upon Vazela.

"Oh, and Pazela, if you want to live, I want a pound of flesh for your... interference in the duel. A hand. That's all. Either will do."

Matreya

Oooh...Zaiden thought..that's it. They had bested Tyrin, and now Mikhail wished himself to be the best, and in control as always..just as carefully as before, Zaiden retreated until he hid behind a corner but even then did not stop his concealments. As he released his hold on his Force Stealth, Zaiden continued his cloak and peeked his head out. Memorizing Mikhails position he pulled back again..

Concentration...losing his hold on the cloak, he would focus every ounce of his will and power into a wall of flames that would rise in a slow circle around the man. Soon the flames would rise higher and higher, how high was up for grabs. But the point of concentration was to be the main point, as it was within centimeters of where Zaidens memory placed the very same boots to be.

Unless he had moved quick enough, but then again he also had just faced an Emperor..

Circe had finished her work when she heard the rumble. The illusion of hers heard Mikhail's long and pointless monologue, merely disappearing after he was done wasting his time. He had accomplished absolutely nothing except to hurt the Empire and install someone who cared nothing about the galactic power on the ruined throne. In plainer terms, all he had done was fethed the Empire up.

Getting to the nearby spaceport, she left the planet. This was a waste of time.

From the shadows the young girl appeared, staring in a bemused manner towards her Father and her Master, too. Dranok had been handed her former Master's lightsaber, while Valik was standing idly by. It was towards the latter that she wandered, still largely unseen by those within the room. Perhaps it was time to unlock the doors again, now the bloodshed was likely ended? Or had it... Inclining her head briefly at @[member='Valik'] she just watched the scene before her, as the man everyone had thought would be claiming Emperor upsticks and left. What an odd turn of events this was turning out to be.

But all of a sudden there was a rumbling throughout the building. Something was going on, likely something wrong, and it made the young woman frown for a moment. "We should leave" she murmured to Valik, her gaze seeking out her Father @[member='Dranok Lussk'] for just a moment. It seems she would be seeing more of him in the near future. With that she turned on her heels and wandered away, through the winding hallways in her attempt to leave before the bombardment got too heavy, hopefully with her Master at her side. How the others would react, how quickly they too would leave, she did not know...

Dranok grinned a grin that could not be dwarfed by any other. Power was what he wanted and it was what he received. He'd striven for this Empire for years in the past and it was bound to be many more years ahead. He caught the lightsaber with a smug grin and turned towards the group of assorted Sith. He cleared his throat, adjusting to take hold of his military-style parade ground voice.
"An Empire. My Empire. New changes will be set in motion and a new regime will take it's place. All of these changes will not be bad, but good. An iron fist was what killed you all and an even hand will balance you." He paused, listening to Mikhail's voice. "First off, there will be no more excessive, needless killing. Your Empire needs living citizens and soldiers to function, if not, none of you would be here."

"All I require...is loyalty."

Shinju looked at the collected sith who were there and stopped when the time came bowing to Mikhail. He was the emperor or... She watched him crown Dranok as she rose to stand near the others who had come and helped. It was an interesting moment but Shinju had chosen well it seemed as she looked upon the others. A smile played for Dranok to ascend to his new position. "Emperor."

Olom sighed and bowed. Then, calmly, be started up his hovering device again. A bunch of children fighting over a broken throne. Pathetic, really. He sighed, nodding. "All hail emperor Lussk, then," he mused, still sounding about as interested in all of this a tax assessor watching two mob bosses dance. Droll, and predictable. Mikhail wanted neither power, nor the consequences of it. He came here to prove his light saber was bigger than everyone else's, and he did. And with a final exhortation, he stroked his ego to remind Lussk who really had earned that throne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom