Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Hunt - SJO Dominion of the Talasea Hex

Location: Boram-class Hospital Ship "Panacea", orbiting Talasea
Objective: Panacea – Save the whales!

Glancing to Padawan Faayare, Celeste listened as he provided some details regarding his experience healing the infected. However, it was discouraging to learn that force healing did not seem quite enough to cure them. She gave a nod, turning slightly to find Knight Raine as she outlined a similar experience. Comfort care.

“Thank you – both of you,” She said, giving the two junior members a faint smile.

She valued the work of her teammates, especially as she seemed to work in the field less and less these days. But, she was certain that they could make some great accomplishments here – with such a bright and devoted team.

The healer's brow furrowed, her lips remained a thin line. But, her expression softened slightly as Dr. Teigra began to speak. The young doctor was innovative, that was certain. The options presented to the group seemed sound to Celeste, even if they were highly... technical. Celeste recalled fondly the times when Master Kitra had become baffled by such scientific speak.

She could now empathize.

Celeste remained quiet for a moment, but nodded in agreement with Dr. Teigra's remark about the Whaladons. They would require immediate treatment, and it was something that she could handle alongside her fellow force healers. As she moved towards the edge of her seat, she watched Dr. Ye closely. It was clear that the man was quite dedicated to his work, the darkness beneath his eyes gave it all away. But, Celeste swore that his some-what stony countenance changed ever slightly in response to Dr. Teigra.

It made Celeste's smile return slightly. “We will leave you to work, Dr. Ye,” She said, rising.

“Meanwhile, the rest of us will begin treatment for the two Whaladons.” Glancing to Samara and Reggie, she motioned for them to follow. “Padawan Faayare, Knight Raine,” She began, “You've both shown promise keeping the patients comfortable – we could use your help to do so for our Whaladons. Once Dr. Teigra and I have made some progress, please see to resolving the internal bleeding.” Celeste drew a breath. "Please take a few moments, if you need -- otherwise, we will see you at the tanks."

[member="Ciana Teigra"], [member="Hyonu Ye"], [member="Reggie Faayare"], [member="Samara Raine"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The curiosity the young Padawan had about force heals effectiveness disappeared when Samara added more information on the ability. He nodded towards the knight in thanks. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Soon after relaying the information to the group, Ciana came in with a plan. Placing the patients in stasis to stop the virus from spreading any further while they search for a cure was a effective plan. Not being able to put the Whaladons was a problem, but that just meant they would have to focus on them like the scientist said. The Phaser device that the scientist brought out was a tool that could be the solution to the problem at hand. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Reggie agreed with Ciana about stabilizing the patients. The sooner they got started, the sooner the situation could be handled. The patients being cured wouldn't be the end of it, and his own resolve would make sure a vaccine was created to prevent this from happening again. [/SIZE]

When Celeste gave him and Samara something to do, Reggie got up and headed straight to the area tanks.

"Yes Master Rigel. I'll meet everyone there then."

There was no time to waste in his mind, so he did what he was told and quickly walked to his destination.

[member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Hyonu Ye"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Celeste Rigel"]

He saw the debris flying towards him, tearing through pillars and shredding the wall as it hurtled towards him. Several pirates that had regrouped with him were knocked down, or even cut to ribbons in a few cases as the debris continued to come on. Stepping forward, Animus drew his saber and activated it, the crimson blade lighting the room as he launched himself forward. Bringing his saber down in an downwards slice, he planted himself in the ground, forming a wedge of force energy directly in front of him. The main force of the debris impacted the wedge, flying off to either side and tearing into the wall and more pirates.

Once it was done Animus rose back to his feet, spinning the saber in his hand and staring at the front entrance. Grinning beneath his helmet, he began to march towards the Jedi. If they wouldn't come to him, he would come to them and accelerate things. He had a schedule to keep, and getting bogged down in a back and forth force fight wasn't quite in his time tables.

He would settle this with his saber, as was quite proper.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Objective Heal the patients

Hyonu listened to the comments on the force. It could be that the Force was something that could be harnessed as a cure, but the force was extremely unknown to them. The Siiver circle members got to work and it left Hyonu and Ciana in the room together. Silence had fallen on him as he listened to her retort to his comments. The grip on the desk returned as he battled with giving control of his patients away and letting them be in someone else’s care and someone else’s idea.

“I see your point.” He spoke calmly and with a bit of tiredness in his voice. A smile spread as he knew they could sit here and debate this entire matter back and forth. Ciana was right, there were patients that were depending on them to discover what was going on, and to make it all better. The man pushed himself from the desk and wandered towards Ciana.

“You’re right, we need to focus on healing the patients and helping them. Can you take charge on this while I do my research along with the findings you discover?” A hand rubbed his chin as he nodded. “I’m interested in seeing the phaser in action, I will need samples, but I can work on a vaccine after we have the current load of patients comfortable and cured.

Objective: Lightning in a bottle
Allies: [member="Errreembuhr"]

"Presumably this device is supposed to be but one component in a power grid, but solar ionizers run in a different issue: sunlight is highly inconsistent on this planet even though they are negatively correlated with lightning storms" the chief engineer retorted to Emy, while Jessica was busy getting the wiring from the cap drains to the variable-tension transformers.

There was one other thing included in the dossier related to the power grid: it has previously sustained damage in a lightning storm, and repairs to the transformers were underway elsewhere, in the substations. So those transformers were also targeted for enhancements that would arise from the lightning storm collection system. While these modifications to the molecular shield system would ensure Talasea's defenses would be able to withstand any ion bombardment, would other theater generators be brought back to operational status? Jessica thought, realizing that she could, in fact kill both the power grid and the defense grid issues with that stone. Plus the very lightning storms that damaged some transformers also seemed to have damaged theater shield generators, presumably because they were close by to each other, given their high power demands. As the saw the dark clouds closing in on her position, she had to hurry up and finish the installation of the cap drains' wires connecting it to the variable-tension transformer that was the portion tat was actually connected to the grid.

"Presumably the power grid must have been repaired by now, at least in part. It's only now that I was given the list of the handful of reactors that were repaired and whose repairs were underway"

Leina was looking at it, everything that had been happening as she sat atop the massive leviathan and wondered what to do. THey hadn't been able to track the bantha but it seemed like others were in on it and had a plan of what they might be able to do... so she would follow them and spoke to the creature as she sat on his head. "Tut tut that way." She pointed as the beast moved and lumbered... leviathan's were something to run from as one of the padawans who was in her small group spoke. "Master Leina ah are you certain you will be able to keep flufy here from well attacking the others or people?" A good question and she looked at the padawan and nodded speaking. "Yes.... fluffy knows that he isn't allowed to eat people unless they are bad people.... and that I can kill him with my mind....." There was a look at her as the padawan wasn't certain if she was being serious as the beast roared to life coming after the creatures to track and follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINcGl9l57o​

Objective: Stop Pirates (BYOO)
Opposition: [member="Darth Animus"]

Reaching the top the stairs, she could see that it had been prudent to summon the gale earlier, as several of the pirates had been entrenched in wait for anyone to come. Now they were all down, save for the one. There he stood, seemingly unphased as he held a crimson saber to meet her in battle.

Was he Sith? Dark Jedi? Something else entirely? What did he want? This was usually the time when some Jedi liked to take pause and banter for an answer.

Jyoti wasn't one of them.

As an Echani, the only language fitting in this exchange would be the clash of blades, not hot air. Only through one's actions could the content of their character truly be revealed.

There were few actions as revealing as combat.

She picked up speed as she dashed forward with a renewed surge of power, making her difficult for even another Force User to track. Her opening was deceptively simple, charging him in a frontal attack with the tip of her blade aligned with his head in a one-handed grip. As usual, the Niman master kept her off hand (right) free.

The first test had begun.

Objective: Find Thunderfoot
Allies: [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Leina Snowfire"] [member="Corsica Cinto"] [member="Melanie Yoo"] [member="Lucent Echo"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Charlie had been doing her best tracking the footprints, she noticed poop as well, but decided that after the dragon event, she was done looking at poop. Yuroic had caught up to her and lightly spoke to her about running off. Blinking, she assumed it was his way to scold her without really scolding her. She nodded and understood what he was saying, there may have been some information that she needed, but excitement overtook the teenager. She knew better.

His plan was to calm the mighty beast, but Charlie had other plans. She whipped out one of her hammers and raised it to the Knight. “But I wanted to fight the Bantha.” The hammer fell to her side as she pouted. Yuroic was in the right for this matter and she ‘sheathed’ the mighty weapon to her back again. Sticking out her tongue, she began to continue tracking. The scene was calm, and she was feeling they were getting closer, until something came from the sky. The footprints that were the freshest suddenly disappeared from the air and force around them kicking up leaves and whatever mess was left on the ground.

The Master of the Order had arrived in a grand fashion, but instead of cheering and applause he was met with a look he probably knew quite well from the girl’s Master. The stern, unimpressed look was written on the teenager’s face as she looked at the man who questioned the tracking. “Well it was going quite well till someone decided to appear and scatter leaves and mulch all over what we’ve found.” Turning away from the Master, she held her hand out to use the force to lightly brush away the mess Superman had made. She followed the wetter tracks and then paused. Fingers brushed lightly against the footprint, there was an odd warmth to it along with a fresh look. The small padawan took off as she moved quietly. Her training under a Shadow showed as she moved hiding in the small brush that scattered around a small watering hole.

The sound of chewing echoed against the tuned hearing device in her right ear. A smile crossed her face as she saw a pack of Banthas chewing on yellow fruit, “Bananas.” Charlie poked her head out of the brush and looked to Yuroic and the others. A hand waved motioning to the group that she may have found what they were searching for.

Animus readied himself as his foe approached, his foot position shifting as he stepped back and adjusted his combat position. His enemy launched herself directly at his face, a move he was not suspecting, and instinct told him not to trust. On instinct, his left hand shot into his rope, drawing and igniting the second saber he held there while his other blade parried his foes strike to the side. With an opening seemingly made, Animus slashed his blade forward at the Jedi, intent to end this duel as quickly as he could.

After his first slash he transitioned into an offensive state, intending to take the initiative away from his enemy. He combat form best suited the offensive mindset, and so he needed to get the Jedi off the attack as quickly as he could, his two sabers flowing into an unrelenting rhythm of strike and parry.

He did not expect this to take long at all.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

He was greeted with Charlie staring at him with a look he knew very well. Doing exactly what he'd started doing to Mother Jyoti, Josh would stop and stare right back at her with his best poker face. Of course, Josh hadn't realized his error. He had simply been trying to get to the group as soon as he could. When it was pointed out to him, Josh would slowly bow his head in apology. "My sincerest apologies. I was deployed late and was trying to catch up with the upmost speed without alerting our quarry" Josh would explain calmly. With that, he would move to begin helping Charlie with her tracking job, wanting to make up for lost time to the best of his ability.

"I had Jongori transport me here, using a shedded hair from one of the bantha in the herd for it to track it's scent" Josh would remark quietly. "By where they were heading before I dropped down to join back up with you, there's a good chance our quarry is this way" He spoke then, as he motioned toward a direction. He would have sent Jongori to scout out further, but... Odds were he would have spooked the bantha herd if he got too close. It was better to stick with what they had and not risk it. "Might be best to check other sources first, but if more than one source leads, then our odds that we're going the right way, they go up."

But it seemed Charlie was way ahead of him. He watched as the Padawan would rush forward, going ahead of the crew. Josh decided to wait instead of interjecting, knowing that she had her own ideas and he did not want to disrupt them. Soon after, Charlie would give the call, and the group would make their way behind her.

Well, she'd found them. How about that.

[member="Charlie Nooran"] - [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] - @Everyone else

Allies: [member="Charlie Nooran"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Leina Snowfire"] | [member="Corsica Cinto"]
Objective: Keep Charlie safe and figure of Thunderfoot

Yuroic shook his head when Charlie said she wanted to fight some banthas, violence was not always the answer in his mind. He always believed that one should find another way to deal is an issue than violence. It was somewhat unusual stance for him to take as he was one of the more capable fighters, his skills were quite high and he developed them quickly, by time he first became a Knight, Yuroic was fighting more senior Sith Knights and matching them. While he'll never be an expert in all the Forms of combat out there, be still wanted to learn more. Lost in his own thoughts, Yuroic was snapped back to reality with a dragon shooting overhead and Master DragonsFlame landing near them. Yuroic shook his head and sighed.

"Greetings Master DragonsFlame, I see that your skills on subtly still need work." Yuroic joked as he saw that Charlie was nkt impressed with the man's approach. "Yes, the dragon got you here but it could have scared or startled the banthas as well, it was a big risk." Yuroic commented, banthas were not typically hunters but hunted, seeing a dragon would put them on edge and want to flee. Charlie complained that the tracks were somewhat lost but she found them again and continued to track the banthas. Yuroic followed her slowly, watching as she worked, he would have to comment later her impressive tracking capabilities. When she said she found them, Yuroic took a look and nodded his head.

Tapping on his comms, Yuroic contacted the others. "Padawan Nooran has found the banthas, we are going to try and observe and figure which is the alpha before making our move." Yuroic then looked at Charlie and Josh, "I'll try and make contact using the Force, stay here. If we all go it could go wrong and we scare them into attacking. I'll signal if I need help, if I raise two fingers that means we will have to use more deadly force but that is a 'if all else fails' moment. Good job finding them Charlie, really." He gave her a smile as he stepped out of the bush and towards them. Through the Force they would feel a calming aura emitting from him, asking them to relax and if they could talk with him. His aim focus was on the biggest and most aggressive of the pack.

Ciana Teigra

C
Location: Boram-class Hospital Ship "Panacea", orbiting Talasea
Objective: Panacea

The healers of the bunch agreed that they should focus on the Whaladon first, even Ye coming around in the end. However, he insisted that he stay behind to continue his research.

Oh, I don't think so.

"Be sure to suit up before interacting with the Whaladons," she told Master Rigel as the others as they turned to leave.

She turned back on Hyonu. "I would like you to join us. The research will still be here in two hours. All that's left to call for the patients to be loaded up into stasis pods before we get to work."

[member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Hyonu Ye"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Samara Raine"]

Iglb0oC.png
Location: Boram-Class Hospital Ship “Panacea”, orbiting Talasea
Objective: Healing
Allies: [member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Samara Raine"]

As the Healers exited Hyonu quickly began organizing his paperwork and turning the projector to what he originally had on the screen. He heard Ciana instruct Master Rigel about suiting up to make sure that they didn’t get contaminated as well. His mind was already mulling over what needed to be done on his end.

It was then he heard Ciana speak to him. Her voice cut through his train of thought and he looked up at her as he leaned on his desk. “Huh?” She as demanding, even when she asked. “I can’t leave the research.” He stared at her with the small amount of silence and then sighed softly.

He knew even if he argued with her on this point it would waste time and he would end up doing what she wanted anyways. “At least let me get us some tea or caf, while the patients are entered into stasis.” The Doctor smiled slightly as he nodded through his tiredness, it was nice she seemed fresh. “Tea or Caf” His lips pressed together in a pout as his head moved side to side. “Or hot chocolate?”

As he waited for her answer he pushed a small button on his desk, “Hey get all patients into stasis we’re going to focus on the Whaladon patients first – they’re the ones in most danger.” The relay of the request was issued and Hyonu left from behind his desk and nodded. “So what is it?”

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Thunderfoot
Meanwhile... - p3

High, high above. Corsica flew over the waterfall and it's migrating bantha herds in her light interceptor. Her starfighter was so high up that you couldn't even see it from the ground. Quite and peaceful. Blue and serene. She almost stumbled when her radio broke the common silence. A deep woman's voice filled her headset and drew her back into the present,

~ "Corsica Cinto. This is Master ives of the BOS. Do you copy." ~

Corsica fluttered an eye at the message. She had been expecting the others to call her about the bantha. Not another Jedi Master from Supply Command. She touched her helm and nodded,

"Um. Yes. I read you Master Ives. Go ahead."

~ "Good. Now. Cinto, I've just read the request here for drone and supply support. And, contrary to our more zealous military brethren, I'm going to have to withdraw your supplies and deny your request. As of this moment. I'm grounding the drones and leaving the supply drops for another day. Please reply." ~

Corsica balked. But! They were in the middle of a very important mission! Thunderfoot had to be stopped!

"Master Ives, I've..."

~ "Yes yes. I know. I know. And yet. Meanwhile, why don't you bring that ship of yours back to Sorcha Base too. I think we at the SJO have wasted enough resources on this little cow hunt as is. Oh. And come see me when you land Cinto. We need to talk. Ives out." ~

Corsica's eyes went wide with surprise. Was... Was she being recalled from the mission? Her first group mission? Right now!?

"I... Err... Yes, Master Ives. Returning to base. Cinto over and out."

The two drones that flanked her fighter immediately turned on a wing and returned to base. Cinto pulled on her control stick and did likewise. Sorcha Base was only three minutes away. The others would just have to deal with the wild bantha herd without her. As, it seemed she a already made someone rather upset indeed.

___

Camp Sorcha, Talasea
Three minutes later

Corsica dismounted her starfighter and dropped down to the black tarmac of the airway. Master Ives was in the flight hanger on the other side of the base. Just across the long fields of warm yellow grass. It wouldn't take long to get there. She could walk.

"Hello? Master ives?"

Cinto walked into the massive hanger with her glass helm under her arm. The hanger was full of green military vehicles used by the locals. She didn't recognize the symbols or the insignias painted onto the sides of the trucks. Nor did she notice any of the dozens of workers mulling about either. She moved straight through the hustle and bustle to the back of the bay.

"Um. Master Ives?"

An aged woman in long gray robes turned from her conversation with a local military captain. Motioning for Cinto to wait. So Corsica did. Until the pair was finished speaking. Then, the grey-haired Jedi woman allowed her to approach. Smiling and offering Cinto a quick nod.

"Corsica Cinto, I presume."

"Yes. Master ives. You... Said you wanted to speak with me?"

"Yes." The stately and regal woman nodded with a smile, "Yes. Yes, I did."

She motioned for them to leave the hanger and walk out into the grass beyond. The sounds of the airfield was dimming now. So they could talk without being overheard. Or, without the roar of starfighter engines and military trucks moving about. It was quieter now. So they could talk.

"So Corsica. I understand you requested air support for the bantha mission. Tell me. Why did you do this?"

Cinto seemed surprised at such a question. Master Ives' tone of voice seemed disappointed somehow.

"Well. We needed drones to cover the landscape and the waterfall area with thermal imaging. We were tracking a dangerous herd and I felt this was the best way to find them."

"I see. ...Tell me Cinto. Have you ever seen a Jedi track a bantha herd?"

"Well. No. Not really."

"I see. And, have you ever seen a Jedi Master jump from a dragon's back before?"

"I... No. Never."

"Mm. And, have you ever watched a team of Jedi work together to complete a fetch quest, such as this one?"

"No. ...Um. No ma'am."

Ives smiled softly,

"Yes. I know Corsica. I know."

Master Ives gave a bemusing sigh and nodded again. Turning slowly to face Cinto. Her tired face seemingly growing younger in the warm sunlight. She continued,

"Look. I know you're new at all this, Jedi business. So I'll go slow. The... The Jedi of the Silver Order. They're not a technologically modern generation. They don't approach every planetary mission like the rangers or the navy would. With the Jedi it's more,.. Mmm. Well. It's more simple than that. It's space magic. You see. Hard things for normal people become easy for them. It's not about danger, or people, or the equipment, or even money for that reason. It's just about faith and the mystical powers that see you through. See what I'm saying?"

Corsica shrugged. Really, really shrugged. She didn't really know where this was going. Much about the last few weeks of her life had been like this. Lost. Thusly, Master ives nodded and switched gears. Changing the subject for just a moment,

"Alright then. Let me ask you another question. How much does it cost you to turn your starfighter on? Just to start it up?"

"Oh. About 800 credits. Just... Just to start it."

"Okay. And those drones you asked for? How much does it cost to field those too?"

"I... I don't know. A thousand credits? Maybe?"

"Mm. No. I'm afraid It's much more Corsica. Each of those drones cost thousands and thousands of credits from the navy. And that is before fuel, maintenance, transportation, analysis, etc. Do you understand?"

"Well. I guess when you put it like that. Mm. I suppose it was a bit overkill for a mission just to scare away a cow herd."

The old woman smiled again.

"Exactly."

Master Ives smiled and nodded back towards the airfield. Watching as all the planes came and went. Letting the air blow upon the grass and for a moment of silence to pass between them.

"Cinto. Dear. Look. When we do a mission like this. When we call upon the Jedi for help and all that? It's not because the navy or the rangers couldn't do it. No. No, not really. It's... Well. It's because the Jedi can do it without lifting a finger. Because... Well. Because space magic makes hard things simple. Just a few Jedi can make a whole planet seem... Quaint. Do you understand?"

"I... Mm. Well. I suppose I was taking the mission a bit seriously then. My apologies Master. I didn't mean to waste resources."

"Oh no. I agree. It's a serious task dear. For mortal men? My my. It could have been a terrible undertaking. That giant alpha beast was a terror. Earthquakes, breaking buildings, destroying property. I can see why the locals and the Rangers would be intimidated. Such a task would usually call for a whole military sortie. Drones, scout teams, local engineers, animal scientists, the local media... etc. It would have been a terrible undertaking indeed."

"But. For the Jedi?"

"...It's cake. Nothing more."

Master Ives smiled and pressed her soft wrinkled hands behind her back. Corsica started to smile herself. Nodding her understanding and turning to look down range. Watching the planes coming and going. Filling the blue sky with their white ribbons of light.

"Um. So. Master Ives?"

"Mmm."

"Why would a Jedi jump from a dragon's back again?"

"Ah!" The poor old woman threw up her hands and chuckled, "My dear. I have simply no idea. Hehehe."

Mmm. Corsica smiled and nodded to the old sage. Looking back towards the waterfall and the way she had come. Yes. No question about it. Corsica still had much to learn about being a Jedi. So very much to learn.

___

*ooc: fin. exit thread.

When it raines, it pours.
Location: Boram-class Hospital Ship Panacea, orbiting Talasea
Objective: Heal the whales
[member="Hyonu Ye"] [member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Celeste Rigel"]

Samara continued to listen attentively to the doctor and scientist as the two medical professionals discussed their findings and thoughts on the disease and further treatments as well as a possible cure. It was very intriguing, but way above the young healer's pay grade so to speak. She was a worker bee and just wanted to get back to helping their patients, which now were to be the Whaladons.

The Knight nodded to the Chief Healer as Master Rigel's instructions were acknowledged, then the honey blonde followed the others out of the office. She downed the rest of her caf while in transit to the tanks, then pulled out a datapad from her scrub pocket and pulled up information on the large sentient mammals to review.

Samara was pretty comfortable treating most of the common alien species of the galaxy, but caring for these hump-back whales would be a first for her. It would be a challenge, though the Liann was looking forward to learning new things and further developing her skill set.

Upon arriving in the tank area, Samara quickly changed into a provided suit. The Whaladons were seemingly communicating through song to each other... The perceived sadness and agony in their sing-songs was heartbreaking to say the least. She sent out through the Force a soothing caress hopefully bringing them comfort and to let them know the Jedi healers were there to help.

Location: Boram-class Hospital Ship Panacea, orbiting Talasea
Objective: Heal the whales

Celeste offered a steady nod to Ciana as she made her way out of Dr. Ye's office. She was pleased to have Padawan Faayare and Knight Raine along for the ride. This would be a good chance for her to get a feel for them and their skills in force healing. Like Knight Raine, she donned the provided sealed suit before entering the hangar once more. The comm system inside the suits would allow them to remain in constant contact, but Celeste would likely count on the force to alert her of any trouble. The three of them would be closely connected as they worked together.

Alright, then.” She said in a calm tone, her voice would come through her fellow healer's helmets. “Good work, Knight Raine – it is advisable that we let them feel our presence in the force now. Keep them calm.”

Approaching the tank herself, she focused on the two Whaladons, letting her aura reach out to brush against each of them in a gentle manner. The patients seemed to know that they were here to help, there was no protest – of course, it may also have been due to the fact that they were already in a weak state.

We'll focus on this one first,” She motioned to the tank nearest to their group. “Padawan Faayare, if you could focus on keeping the patient in a comfortable state, that would be appreciated. Knight Raine, please see to the internal bleeding, if you will. And I will attempt to eliminate the virus and give the immune system a boost.”

The healer offered a nod and an encouraging smile to each of her companions.

“Let us begin.”

[member="Samara Raine"], [member="Hyonu Ye"], [member="Ciana Teigra"], [member="Reggie Faayare"]

As soon as the young Padawan arrived, he put on one of the suits that were provided to them.

Reggie nodded as he was given instructions on what to do and returned Master Rigel's smile with his own, immediately tending to the patient. Reaching out with the force, the young Padawan made sure the Whaladon was comfortable and kept track of the condition the patient was in.

The presence of Master Rigel and Knight Raine was appreciated by the Padawan, grateful that he was able to be of some assistance in the situation. Usually, he would be happy to be gaining some experience, but the situation at hand only brought Reggie a sense of responsibility to the patients.

[member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Hyonu Ye"] [member="Ciana Teigra"]

Objective: Stop Pirates (BYOO)
Opposition: [member="Corin Zanith"]

As she came within striking distance, the Dark Sider revealed a little surprise of his own, whipping out a second blade as he shifted to parry her thrust. She broke off her charge immediately, skipping to his right as he deflected her blade and followed up with a slice from his other saber.

That second slash with his other blade met nothing but empty air where she once stood. She knew better than to stay in one place for an easy counterattack, making her opponent work for an opening.

The Echani increased the gap between them, circling outward in a spiral motion, trying to get on his backside. She held her blade back in a middle guard, now in a two-handed grip. Using both hands would allow her to manipulate her saber with much greater precision and power, effectively countering any advantage the Dark Sider thought he may gain by dual wielding.

Soon he would see why one blade was better than two.

[Cato Neimodia - BYOO]

https://youtu.be/-1Luv1Gs2GQ​

The first wave of pirates was quickly picked off as they caught unawares, having thought they had eliminated all the threats on the premises. They had expected to storm the vault and escape before encountering any reinforcements.

The Pirate corpses strewn over the cratered floor were a testament to their gross miscalculation.

However, the others were now alert to a new source of opposition, having seized the security room where they could access all the feeds. Warnings were made, and now they were made aware to keep a lookout. On the basement level where the main vault was located about a half a dozen pirates now had their blasters trained on the turbolift. About another dozen was on the floor, focused on cracking open the main vault where they would hit the motherload. They had already come too far to give up now.

[member="Vincent Nyax"]

header7.png

[Talasea - Lighting in a Bottle]

tumblr_mv0xa2S6Gm1r4zr2vo2_r1_500.gif

The sky darkened as the storm front began to roll in over the mountains, their arrival announced by the loud rumbling that reverberated through the air. The clouds appeared almost pitch black, but they would disappear behind the flash of lightning.

The infamous lightning storms of Talasea lived up to their reputation, mountains, and trees being raked by several forks of lightning. Stone was pulverized and trees set ablaze. One could see why Talasea had never been a popular destination for colonists.

In a matter of minutes, the storm would be upon the engineering team and their new contraption. Hopefully, they were ready.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"], [member="Errreembuhr"]

Objective: Secure the Vault, Eliminate the Raiders (BYOO)
-Private Contract-
[member="Lucent Echo"] [member="Cardinam"]

ycJGAYE.jpg

HlLr6G6.png

The small assault team assembled in the now-clear Administration area of the Vault.

Power supply was extremely limited, and there was little access of any kind to the outside world; what viewports there might have been were small, and the actual working quarters were typically lit by a range of high-powered ambient lighting solutions - providing near-daylight conditions. However, with the invasion, much of the power had been cut... not only to place the pirates at a disadvantage, but the pirates themselves had completely disabled a number of systems in their violent bid for conquest.

Each member of the assault team had their own skills & capabilities... With IGBC's own commandos making up the bulk of the fighting force. Each, to a man, were professional war-fighters with lifetimes of accumulated experience. Each of the handful of soldiers checked their weapons, preparing for the dangerous assault on the vault...

Along with the Commander of the group, an Atrisian woman with a razor-sharp wit, Vincent and another were pouring over the schematics (on-loan from their employers) & attempting to develop a plan of attack which would not result in casualties to their small, outnumbered Force. Vincent tapped the schematic, indicating the vault itself, then the entrance from the turbolift. "Likely defences, watching the turbolift... I can't find any alternate method of egress."

Captain Shize shook her head. "There isn't any. Only one way in, and one way out... or else our employees would have used it, by now." Ice-blue eyes regarded her companions coldly.

The best that Vincent could see, a breach was the best option... but how to accomplish it without walking face-first into a hail of fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom