Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why OP, You're Looking A Little Thin

To those that frequently browse the Faction directory, you might notice something peculiar. For the first time in months, almost since the faction was first made, OP is not the third largest faction. In fact, it's not even in the top six right now. Why is this, you might ask?

Simple put; OP's going through a rebuilding and rebranding of sorts. The first phase of that means cutting off the dead weight. The vast majority of characters that were booted from the faction have been completely inactive (Not even logged into, to say nothing of posting) for a month or more. A few were removed due to having switched faction. The basic criteria I made when I sat down to cut the list down was simple activity. If you;
  • Checked in in the official Check In
  • Posted in either Valen Event
  • Posted in another thread with noted ties to OP
You were safe. A few people are on leave and were thus given a reprieve. Though the board might currently say there are 52 members, there are 37 members in point of fact. I can only assume the 15 'ghost' members were characters who have since been deleted. Regardless, while most characters were probably booted and will never make a peep over it, a few might have been unduly removed from the faction and I encourage you to rejoin.

The second phase of this rebranding/restructuring will get under way here in a few weeks once I have all the details fully sorted. When OP was first formed under the banner of OmegaPyre, it was a paramilitary company. It took upon itself the duties of protecting civilians from the ravages of the likes of the Bando Gora, from slavers and pirates, from the cruel and corrupt. While the Republic sat and did nothing in a galaxy crying for help, and when it seemed as though none would step up to answer the cries of "Save us", we each came up and said "I'm here."

OmegaPyre was made at a time when the only other major factions were "canon" factions; factions that had existed at one time or another in the history of Star Wars. Of course there is the Republic and the Sith Empire. But we were that faction that dared to be something more than just a ghost of something done and failed. We were the faction that dared say "We'll make our own future." And we did.

In no time at all, we expanded from a tiny dot around Fondor to the third largest faction on the board. We were voracious in our pursuits, no matter how disparate they were. Some were dogged in their pursuit of glory and fame. Still others came to us, disillusioned with the realities of the other factions and their inability to move forward. It did not matter who you were; if you wanted to make a difference and leave a mark on the galaxy, you came to OP.

In the past few months, it's been no secret that membership has dwindled; that while our numbers appeared high, there were fewer and fewer of us left to carry on the fight. Some moved on to other new factions, to new stories and new faces. Still others faded away entirely, never again to appear on the board. And we, the active fewer, did little to stop the exodus. After Dark Harvest, the faction seemed to go through an identity crisis. No one was sure exactly what it was that OP stood for anymore. A large number of people, to this day, still think that OP is a merc group.

I want to move past that. I want us to once again be the ones who take on adversity not because it's easy, but because it must be done. Because there is injustice in the galaxy and it must be stopped. Empires that rule through fear and intimidation must be destroyed. Those who would subjugate whole worlds for profit must be brought to heel. It is not enough to simply say "We stand for what's right." It is not enough to claim in a loud voice "We will do what's right." You have to do it. All it requires that evil win is for good men and women to do nothing, and I refuse to do nothing anymore.

So, here we are. At the edge of our hope. At the end of our line. Do we sit back and accept the cards that we have seemingly been dealt? Do we let the Protectorate fade away, its dying rattles the music to the Darkness that plagues this galaxy? Can we live with ourselves, knowing that we had the chance to help and did not? Better we die bravely, weapons in hand, with our teeth barred to the enemy. Better we die taking a stand for our beliefs that to let time be our end. I say that as long as I draw breath, the Protectorate will live on. We will fight. And we will win.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus, by William Earnest Henley

I GOT DA WINE IF YOU GOT THE WILL TO....
PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
But seriously, great post.
YOU'LL NEVER EXTINGUISH THE FIRE!
LONG LIVE THE PYRE!

Rebellious Vanguard
Indeed! I am pretty amaz.....wait. You were talking about Cira, right? <_<;

Oh yeah! She's awesome!! ^^;

It's not a rule, dear. We are just home to the RHB(RedHead Brigade).

@[member="Ventasia Terana"], Cira isn't around and I have never met her... I am about to meet you in the event thread though.

@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"] and we will welcome you maybe. Your coming from the empire after all that is kind of a thing.

Still we will have fun and who knows maybe show why we are the best alternative to the Republic and empire.

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] yes yes we do and if only you weren't going with Ventasia cause I loves me the tall girls.

Knight said:
I am like 3/4ths an inch shy of six foot in real life
Well screw you to...
I'm the shortest one in my family.
ALL MY COUSINS ARE AROUND 6 FOOT OR TALLER.
ONE CAN'T EVEN WALK THROUGH OUR DOORWAY WITHOUT BUMPING HIS HEAD
grrrrrr mufin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom